Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
The team still views Baker Mayfield as their quarterback going forward.

We still buying this or nah?

Keenum and Mullens it is!

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

Met with Falcons a second time as well.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by LexDawg
your post toward me makes no damn sense because you acting like me or anyone else on this board has any control on how it goes down. like seriously you're getting ridiculous.

I am not sure how 'having any control over how it goes down' has anything to do with your statement. You made a dumb statement, you have control over that. I didnt call you out for making the decision, just for making the statement.

You can't just do something just to see how it goes, at least if you are going to be responsible. So I found your statement to be stupid. There are a ton of really bad arguments and statements on the topic, that happens to be one. No team just pulls the trigger 'to see how it goes'.

Look at another stupid statement (Not by you). Baker's post shows a complete lack of maturity and is a sign he isnt right for the job. However the person we are trying to fill that spot with is accused of harassing at least 2 dozen women. The idea that the first statement is valid given the second is silly. And the fact they people making the statements dont have any control over the team doesn't make the statements any less silly given the circumstances.

I am sorry that you feel your statement is above criticism and got offended. To me it shows a complete lack of thought. However in hindsight the Browns do things that way. I guess that is where Browns is the Browns came from afterall. I just dont support it.

now you just making stuff up. im not offended whatsoever, but the fact that you felt the need to single out my post from everyone else's raised my eyebrow. from OUR perspective, there's only one way to find out. of course AB isnt gonna roll with that logic because he IS in control, and i would be disappointed if he did roll with that. you asked ME, not AB. and i responded with "there's only one way to find out" from a fan perspective.

im sure you're a dope armchair GM who knows everything about the cap and assets. i'm not and never pretended to be, im just a fan of the team.

and by the way, you talking about lack of thought despite the fact that you dont know the inner workings either. at least im not pretending like i know whats going on. you should do the same...

I singled out your post?? You know how a message board works right? Someone makes a statement and others respond. You made a statement, I responded to it. Now it sounds like I should have went asked Berry??

I am not a GM, and didn't realize I needed to be a GM to be aware that making decisions just to see how they work out sound dumb. It sounds like our new starting QB is the guy we wouldn't even play last year when our starting QB is injured. I'd say that sounds stupid...as a fan or a GM.

Again, sorry that you got so hurt that your statement was thought to be dumb.

Legend
Legend
Now we hope we can land Carr or Matt Ryan

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Aren’t you the one offended since you keep responding back?

I don’t think my post was stupid whatsoever. And prior to this interaction, I never called any of your post stupid, because none of us knows the inner workings of this situation.

But if you wanna keep it going, let me know. Imma run to Jersey Mike’s right quick, and then I can entertain you til your hearts content.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
HAD ENOUGH ANALYTICS YET?

Depodesta uses 'analytics' every time Haslam comes up with some hair-brained idea. The Browns use analytics as a shield that allows Haslam to keep his slimy, sticky, 'little' fingers involved in controlling the Browns franchise...something Haslam had no business being involved in.

Jimma Haslam has no clue what it takes to be a good NFL owner. The Cleveland Browns continue to be nothing but a "TOY FOR JIMMA TO PLAY WITH"..!

There are a lot of Browns coaches and players who wish they had nothing to do Jimma's Browns...imo

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1931876 03/17/22 11:52 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good a time as any to lock the thread.

mac, you got dumped on in the thread you started. Start another if you're ready for round 2.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'm finally at the point where I feel there is too much collateral damage if we sign Watson. It's not what's best for the Cleveland Browns. Our best bet is to roll with Baker.

I doubt we can roll with Baker now. That train has been blown off the tracks now. In Case of Emergency.

If not, that is Bakers fault. There is plenty of time to mend fences. If baker is in such a huff over this, then he isn't tough enough for my liking. I don't want a little wimp as the QB of the Browns.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, oobernoober
mac #1931878 03/17/22 12:01 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac
HAD ENOUGH ANALYTICS YET?

Depodesta uses 'analytics' every time Haslam comes up with some hair-brained idea. The Browns use analytics as a shield that allows Haslam to keep his slimy, sticky, 'little' fingers involved in controlling the Browns franchise...something Haslam had no business being involved in.

Jimma Haslam has no clue what it takes to be a good NFL owner. The Cleveland Browns continue to be nothing but a "TOY FOR JIMMA TO PLAY WITH"..!

There are a lot of Browns coaches and players who wish they had nothing to do Jimma's Browns...imo

Analytics says you need to get lost.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

I don’t think my post was stupid whatsoever. And prior to this interaction, I never called any of your post stupid, because none of us knows the inner workings of this situation.

But if you wanna keep it going, let me know. Imma run to Jersey Mike’s right quick, and then I can entertain you til your hearts content.

I'm not going to respond to the first sentence because you will just be more offended I think.

I am completely okay with you calling things I say stupid. You have a right to that opinion. I'll even debate you on them if it makes sense. It would be like we are discussing something on a message board. Had the situation been reversed this time I probably would have either not responded at all, or responded with the reasons why I felt my post wasn't stupid.

If it really bothers you I can only respond to you when I agree with you so that you don't get upset.

Legend
Legend

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
If not, that is Bakers fault. There is plenty of time to mend fences. If baker is in such a huff over this, then he isn't tough enough for my liking. I don't want a little wimp as the QB of the Browns.

I'd wager our starting QB for now is the guy that didn't get to play when Baker was injured. That is concerning.

As for Baker, the reality is he is no longer viable in Cleveland, I think your statement shows why. Everything will be viewed as his fault. Well, sorta already is I guess. The dude played all of last year injured, but if he doesnt like the way he is being treated he isnt tough enough and is a wimp. I wonder if Kaepernick would turn Cleveland down, it sure would get the NFL out of a bind maybe.

Legend
Legend
Thank you, Jeebus!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

All Pro
All Pro
Finally!
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/editpost/Board/1/Number/1931886/what/showflat
Let’s trade Baker just so peace in the valley is back and then see what’s the best way forward. Colt or SeaHawks maybe?

This and total fiasco will follow Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski for a long time. Blame the owners all you want but these could/should have voiced their opinion much louder in case they didn’t like the idea. Being a elite GM means also to do uncomfortable stuffs.

I really want the Browns to succeed but I also want to be proud of this organization. Is that to much to ask for?

Last edited by Referee 3; 03/17/22 12:15 PM.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Finally!
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/editpost/Board/1/Number/1931886/what/showflat
Let’s trade Baker just so peace in the valley is back and then see what’s the best way forward. Colt or SeaHawks maybe?

This and total fiasco will follow Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski for a long time. Blame the owners all you want but these could/should have voiced their opinion much louder in case they didn’t like the idea. Being a elite GM means also to do uncomfortable stuffs.

I really want the Browns to succeed but I also want to be proud of this organization. Is that to much to ask for?

Whatever we get will be better than what we got for Landry and OBJ. Boy this team got blown up in the weirdest way.

Legend
Legend

B
Legend
Legend
B

I'd wager our starting QB for now is the guy that didn't get to play when Baker was injured. That is concerning.

As for Baker, the reality is he is no longer viable in Cleveland, I think your statement shows why. Everything will be viewed as his fault. Well, sorta already is I guess. The dude played all of last year injured, but if he doesnt like the way he is being treated he isnt tough enough and is a wimp. I wonder if Kaepernick would turn Cleveland down, it sure would get the NFL out of a bind maybe.

It is still up to him. No matter if the Browns looked around, Baker is still the QB, but I do worry about him not signing here again. Just his nature, and not really a knock on him. I like Baker, didn't really want Watson, but Baker does have a fragile mind.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by cfrs15

If I were Mayfield I'd pull what some claim Deshawn pulled. "I'm not playing for you"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
We should trade Mayfield now, so we can go back to a QB carousel and 4-6 win seasons. brownie

Last edited by FloridaFan; 03/17/22 12:38 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: AZBrown
M
Legend
Legend
M
Much like it was PR talk when Berry said Baker was the man 2 weeks ago ... I believe it is 100% trade PR talk now. With their monumental ineptitude the Browns FO have signaled to the NFL that they are moving on from Baker and now any value he has has been reduced significantly.

Hope the National and Local media punk every member of the Browns FO this season and mock them for their "Character and Accountability" bull.

What a freaking disaster. Browns gonna Browns.

Last edited by Referee 3; 03/17/22 12:40 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It’s a catch-22. His propensity to take things so personally is his driving force and his downfall.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
your post toward me makes no damn sense because you acting like me or anyone else on this board has any control on how it goes down. like seriously you're getting ridiculous.

You have chosen to support the move. Hopefully you'll never have to experience something like this happening to one of your own daughters then support the guy who did it. That would be terrible.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by cfrs15

If I were Mayfield I'd pull what some claim Deshawn pulled. "I'm not playing for you"

And then no one shows up to court him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
oh well. at least we tried. so what bum are we rolling with?

At least it won't be Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. Something you would have to explain to your own family.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I'm not going to respond to the first sentence because you will just be more offended I think.

I am completely okay with you calling things I say stupid. You have a right to that opinion. I'll even debate you on them if it makes sense. It would be like we are discussing something on a message board. Had the situation been reversed this time I probably would have either not responded at all, or responded with the reasons why I felt my post wasn't stupid.

If it really bothers you I can only respond to you when I agree with you so that you don't get upset.

aight got my sandwich, im in a good mood. this gonna be my last time addressing this, because since we aren't getting Watson, i'm moving on.

you might be ok with that, but in the few times we interacted, i never felt the need to say that to you. i know how a message board works. i get into it with people all the time on this board, its a very long track record. i dont have any issues with people disagreeing with me, because if you havent been paying attention, plenty of people disagree with me all the time on this board on any topic. so the fact that you even felt the need to say something as inaccurate as that is....well i dunno what it is. its not stupid though...

but if you're gonna call anybody's post stupid, thats fine. but then dont get upset when people show you that same energy. and that's exactly what i did, showed you the same energy you showed me. so, to clarify; i dont have a problem with disagreements. its a freaking message board. but if you want to turn it up a notch, i most CERTAINLY dont have a problem with that either. i've spent more time in DT prison than anybody else on this board, to the point Purp has a digital mattress set up for me in the cell. it just doesnt make any sense why you'd consider ANY post stupid over a topic that we ALL are speculating about. none of knows what the inner workings are, which means any of our post could be considered 'stupid'. from my perspective, it was strange that i got singled out for that by you, thats all.

now, if you want to move on and disagree with me in other topics since this thread is now dead, cool. but if you wanna keep that heat up, thats fine by me as well. treat me like Burger King, because you can have it your way. i'm here to serve.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: oobernoober, tastybrownies
M
Legend
Legend
M

That would be incredibly childish and just prove to the NFL that you are a sensitive little child that can't cope with the pressures that come as part of life in the NFL.

Far smarter to do and say everything right. Come back and play for $18M and do well. By all means refuse to play or sign an extension after the season is over - but doing that now would be foolish beyond belief.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
“I’ve spent more time in DT prison than anybody else on this board, to the point Purp has a digital mattress set up for me in the cell.”

LOL!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
oh well. at least we tried. so what bum are we rolling with?

At least it won't be Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. Something you would have to explain to your own family.

did you explain to your family how its ok to kick the dog crap out of a woman in the hotel because she called you mean words? or how its ok for some dude to be on drugs and get caught naked by the cops? or run from the cops? or own a team and be under federal investigation?

see, you can't just stick with one individual dude. the rabbit hole doesn't end there. so i'll explain to my daughters why Watson is the best QB for the browns while you explain to your family why you support the NFL overall, despite the multiple scumbags that exist at every level of this league.

because if we're REALLY gonna gonna play the morality police, you shouldnt be watching any of the games whatsoever. and yet, here you are...

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'm finally at the point where I feel there is too much collateral damage if we sign Watson. It's not what's best for the Cleveland Browns. Our best bet is to roll with Baker.

I doubt we can roll with Baker now. That train has been blown off the tracks now. In Case of Emergency.

Yeah, letting Haslam crap all over you then sucking up and playing nice in return would be real manly of him. He should tell Haslam to shove it. There are plenty of teams he could be signed and play for. Contnuing to play for the man who stabbed him in the back would make him a biotch.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by bonefish

If I were Mayfield I'd say that I'm out!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, kissing Haslams ass would be so much smarter. Show everyone you have no balls. If Watson's predatory actions didn't scare teams away, a player not willing to be stabbed in the back is child's play.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
did you explain to your family how its ok to kick the dog crap out of a woman in the hotel because she called you mean words? or how its ok for some dude to be on drugs and get caught naked by the cops? or run from the cops? or own a team and be under federal investigation?

see, you can't just stick with one individual dude. the rabbit hole doesn't end there. so i'll explain to my daughters why Watson is the best QB for the browns while you explain to your family why you support the NFL overall, despite the multiple scumbags that exist at every level of this league.

because if we're REALLY gonna gonna play the morality police, you shouldnt be watching any of the games whatsoever. and yet, here you are...

lmao. In the first place, when someone pays for their actions and admits their guilt, everyone deserves a second chance. Especially a one time incident. Hunt did all of that. Deshawn? You seem to be comparing a drug incident to being a sexual predator in the second instance. Yet you yourself break drug laws. Hypocrite much? And are you seriously trying to compare a college kid running from the cops to being a sexual predator? Tell me you didn't just try to do that. And yet again, you compare a financial crime to women being violated physically.

God forbid something like this ever happen to one of your children. Maybe then you could explain to them how it's just like running from the cops or a financial crime as they cry to their dad.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

lmao. In the first place, when someone pays for their actions and admits their guilt, everyone deserves a second chance. Especially a one time incident. Hunt did all of that. Deshawn? You seem to be comparing a drug incident to being a sexual predator in the second instance. Yet you yourself break drug laws. Hypocrite much? And are you seriously trying to compare a college kid running from the cops to being a sexual predator? Tell me you didn't just try to do that. And yet again, you compare a financial crime to women being violated physically.

God forbid something like this ever happen to one of your children. Maybe then you could explain to them how it's just like running from the cops or a financial crime as they cry to their dad.

Did I miss something? When was Deshaun Watson declared a sexual predator? Did the courts rule or are you making assumptions again?

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just because you don't pay attention it's not everyone elses fault.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just because you don't pay attention it's not everyone elses fault.

Was he convicted? I thought there was not enough evidence.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pay attention and stop acting stupid. I guess you believe O.J. is innocent too. I mean after all, he wasn't convicted of anything either.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Shocking that the team that Watson personally reached out to is also the team that will probably trade for him.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Pay attention and stop acting stupid. I guess you believe O.J. is innocent too. I mean after all, he wasn't convicted of anything either.

Ok, so beside being board know it all you now get to be judge and jury and decide guilt and innocence.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Its not really the same though, a grand jury found enough probable cause to indict OJ, that wasn't the case with Watson

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, I've actually looked into and have read much of what has been reported. Much of it has been posted on this very board. You on the other hand have chosen to ignore everything, stomp your feet and say "But he hasn't been convicted of anything!"

I'll ask you again if you have the nads to answer the question this time. O.J. wasn't convicted of murder either, do you think he was innocent?

Looking at the obvious doesn't mean you know it all. It means you have a firm grasp of the obvious. It means you're willing to learn. Some people try and claim that's a bad thing.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson III

Link Copied to Clipboard