Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Can we have John Dorsey back? He is the only one who knows how to build a team.

🤣

M
Legend
Legend
M

The twice fired GM that is now an advisor for the lowly Detroit Lions? Yikes!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man

The twice fired GM that is now an advisor for the lowly Detroit Lions? Yikes!

That hired Freddie Kitchens because of a penis swinging contest.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I like how we go from having geniuses in the front office to the three stooges because they don’t like Baker (which was pretty obvious). These are the same guys most of us loved like six months ago.

I never called the FO stooges. The pic is fitting.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like how we go from having geniuses in the front office to the three stooges because they don’t like Baker (which was pretty obvious). These are the same guys most of us loved like six months ago.

[Linked Image from liveabout.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Yet I've been saying for a long, long time that Baker is mentally weak and pretty much got answers like yours. Now those who enjoyed insulting me are changing their tune.

You could see this coming a mile away. Bad QBs are like an infectious disease. Bad QBs who don't work on their craft, are mentally shallow, and don't perform under expectations can destroy a franchise.

Enjoy your victory lap... and to be clear, I mean that both as a dig and also as acknowledgement that you were right.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
You just don't get it. Its not about his football I've said before that he is darn good. But he's a DIRT BAG he is not a guy to root for - I and many people would find it hard to root for him being the DIRT BAG that he is! you're talking about stats dvision titles I'm talkiing about rooting for a dirtbag maybe outside of Hernandez the murderer the biggest offender.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
"It's a Marketing world"

-our owner

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Seeing the message board this wildly triggered and calling the FO a mess after one day only furthers my confidence that they know what they are going.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yep they are "GOING" somewhere...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Seeing the message board this wildly triggered and calling the FO a mess after one day only furthers my confidence that they know what they are going.

Out of interest - what do you think the plan is at this point. Who do you think will be the QB on opening day of the season?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by eotab
You just don't get it. Its not about his football I've said before that he is darn good. But he's a DIRT BAG he is not a guy to root for - I and many people would find it hard to root for him being the DIRT BAG that he is! you're talking about stats dvision titles I'm talkiing about rooting for a dirtbag maybe outside of Hernandez the murderer the biggest offender.

Well clearly in the NFL, it’s about football. Teams around the league clearly don’t give a damn about what we say on message boards or radio stations. Project your morality all you want, teams are gonna bring in whoever gives them the best chance to win, regardless of what we think.

And let’s be clear here: the stadium was gonna be sold out if Watson was here. You know it, I know it, we all know it. The people claiming they won’t support the browns were the same ones saying they wouldn’t watch the nfl because of the kneeling.

Oh look, they’re all still here.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
They are going to give Case Keenum a 5-year extension.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Hammer
M
Legend
Legend
M
My head hurts. Ouch.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird
But I would have hoped he would have worked it out with the FO privately... even if he does want a trade...

Like our owner did? Publicly saying he would be our starter moving forward and then publicly going after Watson? It sounds like you expect more from Baker than our ownership.

but instead he cries to the media...

Is that what you call standing up for yourself using the exact same method the FO did?

honestly think the best thing he could have done was either privately ask for a trade or play all out and earn either a franchise tag or huge pay day

Even if that's how you feel do you think the FO acted any better in all of this? Because anyone trying to point the finger in one direction here hasn't been paying attention.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I must've missed the tear-jerker goodbye letter posted to SM from the FO.

What I did hear them say was that they approach every offseason as if they were an expansion team. There are no sacred cows. Where was all this "they did him dirty" all this time they haven't given him his second contract?

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P

You do realize that both things can be true, right? You can have people who are great at stats and breakdowns but are terrible in handling other situations.

It's like watching the news when a murder takes place and they talk to the neighbor... "He was a quiet guy who went to church and was nice to all of the kids in the neighborhood. I would never have believed he was a murderer."

Sure he was a great guy otherwise, but he is still a murderer. The two things are not connected.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
6 months ago we weren't the laughing stock of the league. Now, thanks to them, we have once again acquired the laughing stock crown.

Who is laughing? Most people I see think the team is smart to move in from Baker?

Moving on from Baker is no excuse for making yourself look like fools in the process.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
"It's a Marketing world"

-our owner

And if good marketing is what they were trying to accomplish this was a huge fail.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
6 months ago we weren't the laughing stock of the league. Now, thanks to them, we have once again acquired the laughing stock crown.

Who is laughing? Most people I see think the team is smart to move in from Baker?

Moving on from Baker is no excuse for making yourself look like fools in the process.

I'm sure they are very upset that PitDawg think they look like fools.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I must've missed the tear-jerker goodbye letter posted to SM from the FO.

What I did hear them say was that they approach every offseason as if they were an expansion team. There are no sacred cows. Where was all this "they did him dirty" all this time they haven't given him his second contract?

I can't believe that even you are trying to defend this BS. They publicly state Baker was their QB going into next year too. So you have decide which PR statement you have chosen to believe now? They also said character was a huge issue and then went after Watson. It appears you have decided to pick and choose which things they say that you want to believe and ignore the things you don't. I mean maybe we need a "grown up" owner.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

And I'm sure they're impressed they have corporate shills on here trying to excuse they ignorant behavior too.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope Watson never plays another down after what this crap has done to my team.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C

And I'm sure they're impressed they have corporate shills on here trying to excuse they ignorant behavior too.

Corporate shills? What are you even talking about?

M
Legend
Legend
M

Corporate shills? What are you even talking about?

rofl

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Making excuses to make corporate billionaires look good for conducting themselves like fools. All you have to do is read the board.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Making excuses to make corporate billionaires look good for conducting themselves like fools. All you have to do is read the board.

Again, what are you even talking about?

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you lack the ability to read the comments that's on you... But Ill clue you in just a bit.

First there's some crazy narrative that "every team will do what it takes to upgrade every position". There are numerous teams that are in a very questionable spot in terms of their QB. Yet only a hand full attempted to get Watson. Pittsburgh being one such team in our own division. Some teams recognize that Watson is so entitled he will think he has the power to call the shots on who that team should hire on their coaching staff like he's in the FO. Some teams recognize that there's so much hanging over his head that the baggage will be a burden on the team to the point he isn't worth it. Then some teams don't. But only a hand full. Which the dumb asses who are running this clown show fall into.

Second, they claim Baker is immature for writing that letter and/or demanding a trade even after they attempted to replace him. Yet Watson threw a compete tantrum because he wasn't allowed to help hand pick his own coaching staff and demanded a trade. So they somehow think that's an excuse to point the finger at Baker while ignoring the fact that this FO wanted to bring in someone who felt far more entitled than Baker.

So yeah, they want to focus on Baker rather than make this FO accountable.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
And the corporate shill part?

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is a woefully inadequate summary of the situation and very clearly slanted to one point of view.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, facts look like that sometimes when your agenda doesn't allow for facts. Can you explain what part of that post isn't factual?

We'll start with this....

Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans hours after team names head coach

It appears the Deshaun Watson era is over with the Houston Texans. The relationship has taken center stage this offseason and is fueled by Watson's angst toward owner Cal McNair and Jack Easterby, the tumult reaching fever pitch with the team reneged on promises to include him in helping to identify the team's next head coach -- with further gasoline having been poured on the fire by the hiring of Nick Caserio as general manager. What had not occurred yet, however, was a formal request (read: demand) by Watson to be traded, but the Texans have now reportedly received just that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...exans-hours-after-team-names-head-coach/

How many teams have QB's that Watson would upgrade the position and then how many of those teams pursued Watson?

There may be details of my post you can try to debate but for the most part it's dead nuts factual.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
What lead up to Watson wanting a say in the coaching search? I’m sure everything was going perfectly and the Texans weren’t a tire fire.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, he announced his trade demand just hours after the new HC was named. You can dance around that if you like but claiming that's a coincidence doesn't make any sense.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Once again, he announced his trade demand just hours after the new HC was named. You can dance around that if you like but claiming that's a coincidence doesn't make any sense.

So you think the only problem Watson had with the Texans was that they didn’t hear his voice with regards to the head coaching search?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so... watson threw a temper tantrum because he didn't get to pick his coach.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Watson to the Browns….

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson III

Link Copied to Clipboard