Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Baker had it wrong by a day or two.

For some reason I knew you wouldn't fess up and admit he got it right.

Stop rooting for the team if that is your position. I hope you don't, but a stand is a stand.

There is a 53 man roster, practice squad and an entire coaching staff. I won't abandon all of them because of a scum bag owner and a predator at QB. As you know I put up with Modell for what seemed like forever. But you can bet your ass I will be very vocal about what's going on here. People are just going to have to learn to deal with that or they are going to have their panties in a bunch moving forward.

You can also bet that I won't be alone in not spending another dime in support of this team. No merchandise, no NFL Sunday Ticket. Not a dime. I'm still shocked you would welcome someone like him to our team. You better hope he's good at picking a HC. Because in Houston he threw a tantrum and demanded a trade when he couldn't. And you thought baker was immature?

rofl

I would tell you to be careful what you wish for but it's too late for that.

I don't know. Maybe you bought the Sunday ticket. That really doesn't go to the Browns, or maybe some watered down share. After that, how much money have you really spent on Browns gear since leaving Ohio?

I am not putting you down in any way, but the money you spend on the team is probably minimal. I respect your position. I just don't hold alleged charges in a civil suit to the same standard as criminal charges.

You think he did something, but the reality is you don't know he did something.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: RememberMuni
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
No, I don't think I will. I'm sitting thinking about how good our chances are of a Super Bowl, now, and I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it. It'll feel second rate.

This is where I am. I can live with moving on from Baker, but don't like how it was handled and tend to believe Baker's camp on how it unfolded. I just can't get past DW's legal issues and accusations. Assuming the FO knows a lot more than we do, but this whole thing feels slimy to me.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
so Watson's cap number for 2022 is 1 mill...and his bonus 45 mill (according to rotoworld)

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
so Watson's cap number for 2022 is 1 mill...and his bonus 45 mill (according to rotoworld)

Cap hit of $10 million.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
but this whole thing feels slimy to me.

It doesn't feel slimy. It's slimy.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wow! I was heading into work and literally turned off my 92.3 stream after parking literally minutes before the news broke. Let's go!!

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by waterdawg
Is he really a preacher ?

Yes and about as good a guy as is on this board. He's entitled to feel how he wants, I was just shocked. That's all.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Speaking only for myself, I think that Watson will upgrade the QB spot, and I still feel sick to my stomach.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
3 members like this: Tackman, FATE, cfrs15
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
You act like if people support the Browns they're the ones that molested women. You need to get a grip. You'll be back week 1 regardless of anything you say.

Oh I'll be here. And you won't like what I'm saying then either. In case reality has escaped you PPE is not affiliated with the Browns and doesn't charge us for being here. Being here does not financially support the Browns in any way. You can bet your ass I'll never stop calling people out for supporting a sexual predator. That's something you may as well come to grips with. Or don't. I don't really give a damn either way.

PPE is hit in the mouth too, he might decide the browns don't deserve this board… Hope not, but running your mouth on people who don't like this BS isn't a good move at the moment, TB.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/22 05:38 PM.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

This Tweet was liked by Andrew Berry's wife:

https://mobile.twitter.com/brittanberry/likes

4 members like this: Jester, GratefulDawg, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Speaking only for myself, I think that Watson will upgrade the QB spot, and I still feel sick to my stomach.

I agree brother on both points ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
As for the moral police on here, once the winning begins, I hope you all stick to your guns. I can't stand hypocrites.

Says the man who thinks not supporting a sexual predator makes you the "moral(ity) police". There's a difference between being the moraiilty police and not supporting a total scum bag. Maybe you need to figure out the difference.

Many say they won't root for the team anymore, I say don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

And I hope the next victim of a sexual predator isn't someone you love. I mean if you want to talk about someone changing there position quicker than they can take a breath. And as far as those who support a sexual predator? Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass while you abandon every ounce of moral fiber you ever had in order to make excuses so your team will win football games.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: slick
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Ben Roethlisberger: Six games, reduced to four on appeal, in 2010 after allegations of sexual assault.
Jameis Winston: Three games in 2018, after a female Uber driver accused him of sexual misconduct.
Ezekiel Elliott: Six games in 2017, after an accusation of domestic violence by a former girlfriend.
Kareem Hunt: Eight games in 2019, after a physical altercation with a woman at a hotel was captured on surveillance video.

https://theathletic.com/news/deshaun-watson-traded-browns/NXlCqzCON23L/?source=twitterhq

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
I'm sad and happy at the same time.

Me too.

I went shopping today, listened to Cleveland sports radio talk a bit in the car, came home, ate, took a nap and woke up to this!?! All I can say is WOW... Shocking.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
If there were no off the field issues this would be one of the best sports days of my life. Right now I just feel empty. I need to hear Haslam, Berry, Stefanski, and Watson talk before I even begin to process this.

2 members like this: Tackman, Jester
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't consider one civil suit as much as you may think. But 22 with the same pattern on a timeline does. I spend quite a bit on browns gear. Well did. So did my family buying me things on Father's Day, my birthday and Christmas. I don't think as an individual I make much impact. I'm not trying to overvalue my part in it. But at some point it's about doing what you think is right. And as an individual there's only so much I can do. And I will do that much.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I will support the team.

I miss Baker already.

My next jersey will be Chubb.

No Craps Given
3 members like this: FL_Dawg, ScottPlayersFacemask, GratefulDawg
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Finally after decades of mediocre QB play, we have a bonafide stud at QB. With the team that has been assembled with a lot of young players, and very good ones at key positions, this just might finally put this team over the top.

As for the moral police on here, once the winning begins, I hope you all stick to your guns. I can't stand hypocrites. Many say they won't root for the team anymore, I say don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Cooper is probably pumped up now. With our running game and Oline, and a top 5 defense, we should be contenders for a few years at least. Kudos to Berry for getting it done. Thank you Baker for changing the culture, and giving your all. Hope you heal up and have a good career.

I can't wait to listen to all the ex player talking heads who have been trashing the team for last couple days eat some crow.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Lol support that rapist.......what a great person you are!

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend
well why you guys argue about morality...

Watson, Chubb, Hunt, D'Ernest, Njoku, Cooper, Bryant, with our beast of an O line!!!! lets freaking gooooo!!!

Come on up, Will Fuller!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
5 members like this: jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask, RememberMuni
P
Legend
Legend
P
That sounds like the perfect answer for some. Silence the women and detractors. God knows women have no idea about what it feels like to be sexually assaulted. They should just be quiet and get a different profession. What an ass clown this guy is.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
A few things rambling in my mind right now:

1. The term "fan" is shorthand for fanatical. Fanatical: filled with excessive and single-minded zeal. We're all here because we're fanatical of this team/sport. We tend to refer to any follower of this team that isn't as fanatical as we are as "fair weathered fans", but we actually say that from a point of view of extremism. To us, "normal" looks "fair-weathered". I think I'm losing my fanaticism and am trending back to "normal". Much the same as I did with those other Cleveland sports when they decided I couldn't watch their games unless I owned a cable TV subscription. Cutting the cord has more than one meaning, I reckon. I think autumns will be happier without fanaticism.

2. A friend/co-worker and I were talking to day and he commented: "why am I a fan of this team? Why this team and not some other team? What is it that keeps the constant draw, that amps up the excitement for THIS team? It's the shared experience. If I was a fan of Green Bay living in Cleveland and without exposure to any other appreciable number of Green Bay fans, would I *really* stay a fan, or would I be more of a casual or "fair weathered" "fan"? Living here, growing up here, and knowing people here, it is part of the shared experience, shared joy (and shared misery). For the same reasons that group workouts at a gym are popular, the shared experience factor is big. It's something you can share and talk with others about the next day. It's a reason to interact with other people. The "love" of that team is really only as deep as your immersion in the shared experience." That's all it is. It's an endorphin/dopamine/seratonin thing and nothing more.

With that, I won't be going to any games again, any time soon. I won't be buying any merchandise (not that I ever bought much or attended many games). This team isn't important to me any longer, and I don't feel a compulsion to watch their games anymore. I actually have enjoyed my Sundays the past few times I have missed their games (notably the last Pittsburgh game). Funny thing about that is it doesn't matter a bit if I stop watching because I have an antenna, so there's no tracking of what I'm watching, anyway.

Just some current, random musings...

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
We just sold the farm for the NFL equivalent of Harvey Weinstein. I won’t stop being a Browns fan, but I can’t stand our slime bag QB

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
jc

Watson us a scumbag sexual predator… and those are the board appropriate things I can call him. I hate he’s on the team. That said, he’s on the team. Not by my doing. I didn’t hire him.
I’ll never buy his gear to personally show support for him.

For obviously different reasons, I didn’t like Baker being drafted. I came around on him. Now he’s gone. As a person, I’ll never come around on Watson. Such behavior is reprehensible.

In the end I’ll root for the Browns to win. Just like I did after Baker was drafted. I’m a Browns fan. Not a Baker or Watson fan. Eventually he’ll be gone, just like Baker, and we can put it in the past. Hopefully with a Lombardi to wash the awful taste from our collective mouths.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jaybird
P
Legend
Legend
P
The number 22 and never paying for his actions may have something to do with it. But you already know that. You may want to figure those parts of it out before you have to have "the talk" with your daughters.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
in other news, Tom Brady is gonna sleep walk through that division yet again.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The number 22 and never paying for his actions may have something to do with it. But you already know that. You may want to figure those parts of it out before you have to have "the talk" with your daughters.

k bro i get it. you're obsessed with my daughters. i'll them know.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Landry, come back home bro!

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Swish
Landry, come back home bro!

I would love this.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll never try to compare drafting Baker with signing a sexual predator. I wasn't sold on Baker when we drafted him either. But he also hadn't left a list of sexual victims in his wake.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
That sounds like the perfect answer for some. Silence the women and detractors. God knows women have no idea about what it feels like to be sexually assaulted. They should just be quiet and get a different profession. What an ass clown this guy is.

That guy is Sarah Spain one of most outspoken critics against Watson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SarahSpain

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I'll never try to compare drafting Baker with signing a sexual predator. I wasn't sold on Baker when we drafted him either. But he also hadn't left a list of sexual victims in his wake.

I made the distinction.
I was merely pointing out that I can root for a team without rooting for a player.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
I agree root for the team whoever is under those orange helmets ...

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.

I don't think the Browns are a lock to be good. I think there is a big 'ding' in the letting go of JC Tretter at Center, imo, it will put a huge damper on the running game, and once the running game struggles, the whole offense will struggle, and the Browns are probably about as likely to be about as good as they were in 2019, and in 2021, as they are to be, "better than that."

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'm stunned and shocked Watson is a Brown. I thought this would never happen. Didn't he want to play for the Saints?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not trying to insinuate you're wrong, but it sure doesn't sound like it when he's telling a woman to "Sit down and shut up" about Watson.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure the name Saints and the words sexual predator actually lined up very well.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Spiritbro77
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by slick
Finally after decades of mediocre QB play, we have a bonafide stud at QB. With the team that has been assembled with a lot of young players, and very good ones at key positions, this just might finally put this team over the top.

As for the moral police on here, once the winning begins, I hope you all stick to your guns. I can't stand hypocrites. Many say they won't root for the team anymore, I say don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Cooper is probably pumped up now. With our running game and Oline, and a top 5 defense, we should be contenders for a few years at least. Kudos to Berry for getting it done. Thank you Baker for changing the culture, and giving your all. Hope you heal up and have a good career.

I can't wait to listen to all the ex player talking heads who have been trashing the team for last couple days eat some crow.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Lol support that rapist.......what a great person you are!

He never raped anybody. He wasn't criminally charged. Rape was never mentioned. If he raped somebody he would have been charged, the civil cases will be had, and he will be paying off some of them. Judging my character when you don't know me shows me the type of person you are. If 22 witnesses couldn't get the guy charged, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. So you and all the others have choices, maybe go route for Pittsburgh since Ben is gone. But to you commenting on me as a person, I would tell you how I feel about that, but I don't want to be suspended from the site. Just another internet tough guy.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2 members like this: vadawgfan07, tastybrownies
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
It's just a name, they are not really Saints, but I get it.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Bingo, sick of these people trying to lump Browns supporters in with an individual who wasn't even charged criminally. Personally, I think its an arrogant, presumptuous, and accusatory viewpoint to brand other posters as "bad" just because they're genuinely excited about possibly winning the super bowl and finally having a great franchise quarterback.

Yes, we acknowledge that Watson is not a choir boy.

The bottom line is this is a business. Do you want the truth? The Browns are probably prepared to lose some fans over this, sure, but its a calculated move. They'll gain back whoever they lost and more because winning cures everything.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard