Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Since the Browns have thrown the 'high character' attribute out the window, maybe we can resign Malik McDowell if he doesn't go to jail for walked around naked out of his mind on whatever. Where is Greg Robinson? A little drug charge ain't crap when we're building a Juggernaut.

Character was long out of the window with the Browns they have left you posting on this board for years now!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Since the Browns have thrown the 'high character' attribute out the window, maybe we can resign Malik McDowell if he doesn't go to jail for walked around naked out of his mind on whatever. Where is Greg Robinson? A little drug charge ain't crap when we're building a Juggernaut.

Character was long out of the window with the Browns they have left you posting on this board for years now!!!

Who cares about character, as long as a guy "plays like a Brown".

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sure we are. DW is going to hoist us up on his shoulders and waltz to a Lombardy. Easy peasy now that that slacker Baker is gone… /purple

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/22 08:42 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I liked Fuller in Houston... biggest issue was he couldn't stay healthy... but solid deep threat and knows Watson well

<><

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Sure we are. DW is going to hoist us up on his shoulders and waltz to a Lombardy. Easy peasy now that that slacker Baker is gone… /purple

Waltzing this year??

O
Legend
Legend
O
See the the '/purple'?

Legend
Legend
I expect Will Fuller to be here now. Cooper, Fuller, DPJ, then a mid range draft pick

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Landry could resign.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Landry could resign.
This would be very nice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Sounds like we offered Clowney 2 years at $24m

<><

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Landry could resign.
This would be very nice
I'd prefer Landry or even Jamison Crowder over Will Fuller

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
Landry could resign.
This would be very nice
I'd prefer Landry or even Jamison Crowder over Will Fuller

I'm much more worried about the Defensive line. We've got adequate weapons on offense with Chubb, Hunt, Felton, Cooper, DPJ, Njoku, Bryant, and Schwartz.

I think I'd round out the offense with rookie contracts. Use the cap space we have available for vets on defense.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=Milk Man]j/c...

[I don't think the pr team could explain that much disrespect towards women.

Hunt
Watson
AB

No thanks

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I see AB never graduated 3rd grade.

Legend
Legend
Antonio Brown is a caricature at this point. And probably needs some mental help, so I try to avoid making many statements about him.

In terms of Landry, he might be willing to come back now. That will all depend on the cost.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Antonio Brown is a caricature at this point. And probably needs some mental help, so I try to avoid making many statements about him.

In terms of Landry, he might be willing to come back now. That will all depend on the cost.

Offer him (Landry) $8 mil thats about half his contract, to be back here with this teamitmight be enough ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
i know we dont want AB here.....but yall know he would go nuclear against the steelers twice a year. just for imagination purposes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just read that AJ Green was interested in joining Watson if he chose Atlanta. For a similar deal to what he had last year, he could be a good fit.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I just read that AJ Green was interested in joining Watson if he chose Atlanta. For a similar deal to what he had last year, he could be a good fit.

i doubt he comes to cleveland. he really does still ride with the bengals in his heart.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Much rather resign Landry than sign AJ Green ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since the Browns have thrown the 'high character' attribute out the window, maybe we can resign Malik McDowell if he doesn't go to jail for walked around naked out of his mind on whatever.

Yeah! I mean while he did walk around naked, at least he wasn't rubbing his junk up against women while he was naked. I mean that should count for something at this juncture, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Well, it looks like he actually might have rubbed up on that police officer he tussled with at some point.

P
Legend
Legend
P
At least he didn't sexually assault 22 women police officers. The bar set is pretty low now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Cleveland Browns offseason seemed to grind to a halt over the last few days waiting for QB Deshaun Watson to make a decision. The Browns were ruled out by Watson before an about-face and agreeing to be traded to the team.

Cleveland’s offseason so far has had a few moves:

Acquiring Watson in a trade
Seemingly keeping Case Keenum after giving him a $1 million roster bonus
Retained LB Anthony Walker for another year
Brought back OL Chris Hubbard for one year
Agreed to trade for WR Amari Cooper
Agreed to a deal with DT Taven Bryan
Agreed to trade LB Mack Wilson for DE Chase Winovich
Agreed to a deal with returner/receiver Jakeem Grant
Released WR Jarvis Landry
Released OL J.C. Tretter
Released TE Austin Hooper as a post-June 1st release
Lost DB M.J. Stewart to the Houston Texans
Lost WR Rashard Higgins to the Carolina Panthers
Received the 99th selection as a compensatory pick in the 2022 NFL draft
There are still needs on the team as well as areas that the Browns could find upgrades with players wanting to join a top-flight quarterback. Landry could return. Jadeveon Clowney seems like he could be interested in a return.

So what is left on the free-agent market that could intrigue Cleveland? At this time, kickers and punters were not included but the need is very obvious. Hopefully, the Browns can find answers there.

Defensive End

The addition of Winovich is helpful but a starting level player still could be needed here. Clowney, as we noted, would be a seamless fit returning to Cleveland after a very good year. Much of the rest of the market has been scooped up but there are still a few talents out there:

Clowney – While money is his priority, success with the Browns last year could help sell him to return.
Za’Darius Smith – Cut by Green Bay, Smith originally decided to return to Baltimore but changed his mind. He was hurt last year but has been very successful at rushing the passer. It will be interesting what he signs for compared to the four-year, $50 million deal with the Ravens.
Justin Houston – The veteran pass rusher didn’t have a great year in Indianapolis last year but is still strong and fast enough to make an impact despite not having the sack numbers some would like.
Arden Key – Washed out with Las Vegas, Key was reinvigorated with San Fransisco last year. Still young and coming off his best sack season, 6.5, Key could be a player to build with Myles Garrett.
Melvin Ingram – Similar to Houston, Ingram had a down year. Started with Pittsburgh but requested a trade. He finished strong with Kansas City and has a little pop left in his game.
Derek Barnett – Coming off his rookie contract, Barnett is known by Andrew Berry from Berry’s one year with Philadelphia. Barnett hasn’t been a huge sack guy but has had three seasons with five or more in his five years in the league.
Jerry Hughes – Another older veteran with some gas left in the tank, Hughes has played well for Buffalo and could look to come to another contender.
Interior Defensive Line

While the Bryan signing may be helpful, much like Winovich’s addition, the team still needs more here. Jordan Elliott and Tommy Togiai have not proven to be starting-level players yet.

Larry Ogunjobi – Had a bounce-back year as a 3-technique with Cincinnati, a playoff foot injury and surgery caused him to fail his physical with Chicago. Perhaps one year back in Cleveland at his proper role, instead of as a 1-technique nose tackle, will help reset his market.
Calais Campbell – Listed as a defensive end for the Ravens odd-front defense, Campbell is another veteran that may have lost a step but is still productive. His huge frame would make him a great force on the inside with Garrett on the outside.
Ndamukong Suh – Even at 35, Suh is a quality defensive tackle with an amazing physique and technique. Tampa Bay has been bringing everyone back but may run out of cap space at some point.
Akiem Hicks – The big burly Hicks has been disruptive but may be hitting the wall in terms of being highly productive for a few more years. Despite that, he could be a helpful piece of the puzzle in Cleveland.
Linval Joseph – The huge Joseph is another 30+ year old that could be a role player for the Browns as a space-eater in the middle with strength.

Safety

With M.J. Stewart in Houston and Ronnie Harrison a free agent, safety is a position the Browns need to look to address. There are a few names left at the top of the list:

Tyrann Mathieu – The Honey Badger played with Watson in Houston and is no stranger to getting second chances. An amazing leader with a great defensive IQ, Mathieu isn’t the perfect fit next to John Johnson III and Grant Delpit but they could make it work.
Landon Collins – Another safety that doesn’t exactly fit next to the other two, but neither did Harrison, is Collins. More of a safety/linebacker, Collins can do a lot of good things to help Cleveland’s defense if the price is right.
Terrell Edmunds – The former Steeler is young but has not lived up to his draft slot to the point that Pittsburgh declined his fifth-year option. Still, athletic enough to grow and develop he could come in and help the Browns, again, if the price is right.
DeShon Elliott – Another former AFC North rival, Elliott has been hit or miss with Baltimore but some of that was due to injuries. A new location could be very helpful and provide the Browns with good depth.
Jayron Kearse – Bounced around the league a little bit but has shown to be a starting level safety with Dallas last year.

Wide Receiver

With Amari Cooper on the team but having moved the 13th pick, Cleveland could be looking for another receiver in free agency and one in the NFL draft as well. Interestingly, two of the names on this list are former Browns. One is highly unlikely, the other more so.

Will Fuller – There had been rumors that Fuller would follow Watson wherever he went. Former teammates in Houston, where Fuller had 8 touchdowns with Watson in 2020, the speedy receiver was hurt most of last season with Miami. Injuries have been a problem much of his career with him only playing more than 11 games one season in his six-year career. His ability to make big plays is tantalizing.
Jarvis Landry – Discussed more here, Landry is a solid slot receiver but his huge contract did not fit his production.
Odell Beckham Jr. – While a return is close to 0% likely, Beckham showed his talents with Los Angeles as a secondary playmaker. With Cooper in Cleveland and Watson running the show, a return would make for an interesting story. He also tore his ACL and may only play late in the 2022 season and playoffs.
Julio Jones – Another big name whose game has fallen off, Tennessee released Jones after trading a second-round pick just last year to get him. Injuries are a lingering concern for the once-great pass catcher.
Jamison Crowder – Similar to Fuller, Crowder can make plays but struggles to stay on the field. With Cleveland working to build depth, they could take a risk on one of the injury-prone guys and then take precautions to keep them healthy.

Tight Ends

With Hooper gone, David Njoku and Harrison Bryant are the two main tight ends in Cleveland. Kevin Stefanski likes to use a few of them so signing one in free agency is possible but maybe not a big name from this list:

Rob Gronkowski – Seems like Gronk is heading back to Tampa Bay but could be a fun addition with the Browns.
Gerald Everett – More a tight end by name, wide receiver by game, Everett is a solid pass-catching option.
Kyle Rudolph – Discussed when he got released, Rudolph knows Stefanski and could benefit from a reunion.
Jimmy Graham – Far more name than game at this point, Graham only played 23% of his team’s snaps last year.
Jared Cook – Besides sharing a first name with this author, Cook has been a solid tight end in the NFL for years. Last year with the Los Angeles Chargers, Cook had 564 yards receiving and 4 touchdowns. The two years before that he combined for 16 touchdowns.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lis...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Good move by Berry. Getting something for a guy that wasn't going to be here.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Obviously, we need a backup QB.

Who is out there?

Mariota
Winston
Newton
Brissett

I guess these are the one that appeal to me most considering they have played a significant time as a starter in the NFL and we don't know anything about Watson's suspension status.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
What are the chances we hold on to Baker until the Watson suspension stuff is solidified? I mean Watson’s salary for this first year is pretty small. Maybe we make Baker play the first 6 games then trade him?

I know it’s a long, weird shot … but I thought of it

P
Legend
Legend
P
Evidently they don't think Case Keenum was good enough to win during DW's suspension ...

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Within 24 hours … sign Watson, trade Keenum, sign Brissett … Baker next

Legend
Legend
nice backup signing

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was hoping it would be Brissett ...

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm just fine with this QB signing. But I want to hear Clowney is staying today and would like to hear what we are getting for Baker.

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good move by Berry. Getting something for a guy that wasn't going to be here.

Basically paying $1 million for a 7th round draft pick.

Any difference in cap him between trading Keenum and cutting him?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
His career stats are not all that bad 36 TD to 17 INT. 60% completion percentage and a QBR of 83.

He has been a starter in the league with a just under .500% win percentage.

I think as a back up QB it is really good value. He also, should be a decent fill in if Deshaun does get suspended. Hopefully, not more than 6 games but well see.

Good pick up!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Evidently they don't think Case Keenum was good enough to win during DW's suspension ...

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: FATE, tru_dawgs, Swish
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
the cap is definitely a myth.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Dave
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 Browns Free Agency Signings/News

Link Copied to Clipboard