Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#1933205 03/19/22 08:38 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
As most of you know I am one of those lifers. I was an Army brat stationed overseas with no TV nor organized sports. A lot of swimming, hiking and playing. so 5-9 I was not in the USA. The first place my father was stationed was Cleveland to head up the District recruiting stations. We lived in Euclid. So I was built solid and asked to play this game on the front lawns. It was football. Oh carry this funny ball and the rest will try to wrestle me to the ground. Well soon after they were calling me Jim Brown. I also liked baseball for the first time and was a natural. So I became a Cleveland Browns Football fan. Just stationed there for 1 year but never changed teams. That was 1964 our last championship my first as a fan. I love all the players we ever had and was enthused when my college favorites became a Brown. Gregg Pruitt was the first for that to happen, several followed. Fast forward - Baker Mayfield was another and I was so happy he was a Brown. Never have I become a player fan. Once a player became a Brown I was ALL IN. Once they left I wished them well.

I am prepared to do so with our current QB change - I wish Baker well just not against us Browns. Now here is the jist of my thread.

Please tell me if you can why Watson is not a dirt bag and is a player that I can get behind with all my heart. As a football player Im enthused. We still have Hunt and Newsome. We gave up 3 first round picks that is steep...Hopefully we are not in cap hell with the contract. We will get something good for Baker in trade and a 1st would be nice but I expect a 2nd. Too bad it was a bad year for Baker due to the injury.

Now all I have to do is be convinced he is a football player of high character one that I can be proud of to call a Brown. Many of you especially the younger fans can get the facts better than I. Is he a sexual predator or was this all about Groupies? I beg of you to convince me that he is good. If so I expect then NO suspensions from the NFL. The sports journalist really didn't make a big deal about his baggage. Is it nothing? Again this isn't about football. I think we over paid with the draft picks and the contract but he is a good football player. This is about HIM is he a good person. I don't expect an angel I just don't want a sexual predator an animal who would rape women. Thank you in advance.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
You don’t have to get behind him as an individual. Just root for the team. He’s not here to ordain a marriage or be the pastor of a church, or be the mayor of the city.

Jimmy Hassan is corrupt as all hell. None of us root for him as an individual. We just hope he makes the right football decisions so the team can win.

I root for hunt as a football player. But we got this guy ON VIDEO kicking the crap out of a woman. I care very little about him as an individual. I care about what he can do on the football field, nothing more.

And he didn’t rape anybody. Y’all gotta stop saying that. Rape is a massive thing and I would never support someone who raped anybody on this team.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Nine allegations of sexual misconduct from massage therapists, a Harris County, NOT Rape.
NOT facing criminal charges determined by a Grand Jury.

All Pro
All Pro
Where there is smoke there is fire. Watson's career stats are not heads and shoulders above Baker's other than rushing. It's a push. The contract is bad. Watson as a person IMHO (perhaps not based on fact) is the same as it is for Ben Rothlisberger right now. I have been a Browns fan for 45 years. I am 50 years old. I cannot route for a team that would take that expensive of a chance on a dude who has not proven himself on or off the field. Baker has a chip on his shoulder. So what. Is he a winner...? Is Watson a winner...? Is Watson a sexual predator? I KNOW Baker is not. Just my two cents.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Haha Eotab is losing his mind now

1. how is this remotely funny "HAHA" this pleases you that my heart is broken.

Lets get one thing clear - I got no problems saying good bye to Baker and hello to Watson. I do think we over paid in draft picks and in contract but we will survive Not giving up Hunt, Baker and Newsome is big. Hopefully we will get something ok in draft picks for Baker. I'm a Browns fan not a Baker fan. I'm losing my heart - I do not wish a sexual predator a rapist as our face of the franchise. For that and only that reason I am sad and possibly will walk away from the Browns. Only thing is I can't "WALK" I cant breath all I got is my TV and watching sports. I cannot coach, I cannot drive, I'm a step away from being a vegetable. But I had my Browns. Haha very funny. I'm trying to make sense of this that he isn't a dirt bag. I just need some help - evidently you are ok with this please explain why - or we should just give up all morality in the name of winning. And can we win. 3 years without impact draft picks will we be obsolete. 5 years in possibly CAP HELL will we be able to add FA to our team cause we can't fix anything from the draft. Will we exist. This isn't a debate of is he better than Baker. Is he the best - he could not carry his team to victory in the playoffs 1-2 he had Andre Hopkins as a WR was or IS he worth all that we gave up? END OF DEBATE I will say you win he is worth it.
Now is he a rapist that is where I lose my mind as I lose my Daughters as they are disgusted and once Browns fan for me....now hate the Browns and all they can say to me is Go Ravens...really? Do you really want scum on this team. Lets just go for all the scum bags out there that nobody else wants. Shame on Haslam, Berry and Stefanski I'm not losing my mind. I'm losing my love of football the Cleveland Browns. frown

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Woofurious
NOPE! I am out for good on Cleveland. I might stick around so I can laugh at the stragglers like the rest of the country when it comes to this franchise. Peace.

Laughing at Fellow Browns fans... wow real classy

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
well anyways,

this well be the most talented roster Watson has played on. the best O line and best RB duo, combined with the best group of TE's and i'm sure we aren't done at WR. hopefully clowney takes the offer, and we find another DT available to sure up the D line.

Watson doesn't have to play hero ball anymore like he did in houston.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

refs, i watched the video, its just the ONE S word in the video on here, the rest is clean and just reactions.

yea, the NFL world is hyped for Watson right now. players happy for the dude, even Clowney shouted him out. Saints and Falcons fans salty. as i said, there's gonna be a huge disconnect between some fans and the majority of players around the league. you know our team is hyped for Watson to come here and play with them.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GMdawg; 03/19/22 09:35 AM.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I'm as conflicted about Watson as most of my fellow Browns fans. But it means something that a grand jury looked into it and did NOT indict him. It seems like the sheer number of women saying the same thing is overriding his presumption of innocence, which I understand but is not really fair. We don't know exactly what happened other than he seems to have a modus operandi of seeking hand jobs from masseuses, at least some of whom are willing. It's kinda gross but it isn't rape or beating up women. Maybe I'm trying to convince myself, and I made a silly joke earlier, but I'm gonna see what happens. This could be pretty incredible.

Legend
Legend

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
You don’t have to get behind him as an individual. Just root for the team. He’s not here to ordain a marriage or be the pastor of a church, or be the mayor of the city.

Jimmy Hassan is corrupt as all hell. None of us root for him as an individual. We just hope he makes the right football decisions so the team can win.

I root for hunt as a football player. But we got this guy ON VIDEO kicking the crap out of a woman. I care very little about him as an individual. I care about what he can do on the football field, nothing more.

And he didn’t rape anybody. Y’all gotta stop saying that. Rape is a massive thing and I would never support someone who raped anybody on this team.

Per the New York Times: "Although the 22 suits filed to date share many similarities, only two include claims of sexual assault". One of these 2 tried to extort 30k from DW.

This article individually explores all 22 accusations and the defense response to a lot of them. It gets kind of explicit, so I won't post it here.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...285-f5661b54-16cb-48c9-8b74-8167e8dcf203

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro

My daughter was raped in a relationship. Not in the sense that she was beaten up but she said No No No the whole time. She cried before, under and after the sexual act. It’s even recorded on a iPhone video. The judge didn’t see it as a rape because she didn’t used her physical power to get away. As I said earlier 6 month later the guy raped another women, this time more brutally.

I have learned that rape is a term that includes sexual activities without violence. Most women freezes, get paralyzed and often are to afraid to say no. Rape is hard to prove without physical evidence. One man against one women. Often no witnesses. Closed doors.

My daughter and many many other women has shame. They are afraid of telling their story and with time memories get blurred. It took my daughter a couple of months to come forward. She had a video. Still some of the polices questioned her testimony. Her best friends believed her but many others were on the fence. She got scared, isolated and finally depressed.

You see Swish the difference between rape and “rape” is marginal. Often these guys, especially if alcohol and drugs are involved, thinks they did nothing wrong and most of then often even remember the act.

When 22 women has similar stories it’s a pattern that tells us that something has gone totally wrong. It don’t have to be what we normally call rape, it can just be a powerful and famous man just using his mental power to get what he wants. It starts slowly and when it’s to late the women is trapped and the act has started. Then they freeze, get paralyzed and start to put blame on themselves.

I come back to the same thing in my judgement. 22 individuals. 22 stories. 22 women who has a bad/horrible or traumatized experiences. It;s hard to go around those numbers..

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Swish
Legend
Legend
like i told you before bro, you have every right to feel that way and i can and will not tell you any different.

im just pointing out that none of the women accused him of rape. i can only go based on the limited info we all have right now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Floquinho
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Always make me sad to hear these personal ordeals. Even more so when it comes from a friend. And I consider many of you on here friends even though we have yet to meet in person.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
1 member likes this: Floquinho
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by GMdawg
NOPE! I am out for good on Cleveland. I might stick around so I can laugh at the stragglers like the rest of the country when it comes to this franchise. Peace.

Damn straight I am classy. I am not one of those fools who will clamp their mouth around Watsons junk if he balls out (So to speak). Especially after spending years slamming Big Ben for basically the same thing. Only difference is Watson thought he was buying silence. Did the FO buy yours with maybe wins?

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
3 members like this: slick, PitDAWG, Moxdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Where there is smoke there is fire. Watson's career stats are not heads and shoulders above Baker's other than rushing. It's a push. The contract is bad. Watson as a person IMHO (perhaps not based on fact) is the same as it is for Ben Rothlisberger right now. I have been a Browns fan for 45 years. I am 50 years old. I cannot route for a team that would take that expensive of a chance on a dude who has not proven himself on or off the field. Baker has a chip on his shoulder. So what. Is he a winner...? Is Watson a winner...? Is Watson a sexual predator? I KNOW Baker is not. Just my two cents.

Actually all "smoke" proves is that there is "smoke." Is the smoke caused by fire or was it a special effect created with dry ice? If there is fire, how big is it? A small fire can put off a lot of smoke.

DeShaun does appear to be a philanderer with a type, but that's not illegal and, sadly, isn't even that unusual in the NFL. Is he a "predator" or an unsavory "rock star?" I'd have preferred to find out before the trade. Unfortunately, we might never find out for sure. It appears the Browns' brain trust believed it is the latter. With the story now out in the world, it's unlikely that it will happen again, if it did happen. I'm curious if there's any special language in the contract with regards to the whole massage therapist situation. Or if there's just an unwritten understanding that he'll get all his bodywork at the team facility. I'm really hoping that it comes out that the most serious allegations were fabricated.

As far as the contract, it's not great, but the salary cap and other contracts are expected to go up heading forward. He'll only be 30 at the end of the deal. It could look cheap after Derek Carr and Lamar Jackson's extensions and even better after the next cycle. We weren't getting a QB of his football ability to come to Cleveland without a lot of money being involved. He had a lot of leverage and multiple teams bidding.

With regards to the proven on the field comment, Watson made 3 consecutive Pro Bowls (Baker 0.) He was number 18 on the NFL's top 100 list of 2021 even with the allegations hanging over him and having had a losing season (Baker 71, Ryan Tannehill was the next QB below him.) Watson was number 20 in 2020 with Baker not even on the list.

As far as being a winner, was Stafford a winner? He just won a Superbowl after joining a better team. Houston didn't have a much better roster than Detroit (possibly worse after trading Hopkins and Watt being hurt) and he carried the Texans to a pair of division titles in his 2nd and 3rd seasons.

It is a very conflicting situation. Hopefully some good can come from this and the team can help DeShaun become a better man.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Woofurious
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some girl made a statement proclaiming she met up with Baker behind the cheeses cake Factory and he asked for oral. And he got the keys to the Stadium !

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by eotab
Haha Eotab is losing his mind now

1. how is this remotely funny "HAHA" this pleases you that my heart is broken.

Lets get one thing clear - I got no problems saying good bye to Baker and hello to Watson. I do think we over paid in draft picks and in contract but we will survive Not giving up Hunt, Baker and Newsome is big. Hopefully we will get something ok in draft picks for Baker. I'm a Browns fan not a Baker fan. I'm losing my heart - I do not wish a sexual predator a rapist as our face of the franchise. For that and only that reason I am sad and possibly will walk away from the Browns. Only thing is I can't "WALK" I cant breath all I got is my TV and watching sports. I cannot coach, I cannot drive, I'm a step away from being a vegetable. But I had my Browns. Haha very funny. I'm trying to make sense of this that he isn't a dirt bag. I just need some help - evidently you are ok with this please explain why - or we should just give up all morality in the name of winning. And can we win. 3 years without impact draft picks will we be obsolete. 5 years in possibly CAP HELL will we be able to add FA to our team cause we can't fix anything from the draft. Will we exist. This isn't a debate of is he better than Baker. Is he the best - he could not carry his team to victory in the playoffs 1-2 he had Andre Hopkins as a WR was or IS he worth all that we gave up? END OF DEBATE I will say you win he is worth it.
Now is he a rapist that is where I lose my mind as I lose my Daughters as they are disgusted and once Browns fan for me....now hate the Browns and all they can say to me is Go Ravens...really? Do you really want scum on this team. Lets just go for all the scum bags out there that nobody else wants. Shame on Haslam, Berry and Stefanski I'm not losing my mind. I'm losing my love of football the Cleveland Browns. frown

I think I can preface by saying you are of high character and morales
You've been successful in business etc etc.
And you are a diehard Browns fan 100%
But I dont think to really define you it begins with being a Browns fan.
If you are walking down the street and you meet a person and you leave
A lasting impression they dont walk away thinking "wow I just met the best Browns
Fan in the world, what a true fan!!!"

My point being you can be emotional about the Browns or any team
But not to the point it depresses you because of player acquistion and
The narrative of that follows him.
I know for fact the Browns have had some really bad people character
Wise in the past and their actions never made it to the media
And Baker Mayfield was unfaithful to his wife more than one time
Not just the Cheesecake Factory incident
How many athletes do we hear about having multiple kids
With multiple women, yet we still.support the team and player
Do be so down about the trade
Cause Jimmy Haslam could care less about you or I think
He just cares about increasing the value of the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
And Baker Mayfield was unfaithful to his wife more than one time
Not just the Cheesecake Factory

I had always heard the rumors that Baker was sleeping with one of Hollywood’s ex g/f or a female friend of Hollywood’s.

No wonder they had an on-field connection!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is easier if it was another position. But like it or not, the Qb is the face of the franchise

Yet many of us state repeatedly that we wish he would sell the team.

Hunt was referenced earlier in this discussion. I couldn't remember many details of his incident so I went back and watched the video. Have you watched it yourself? Or are you going by the headlines? I watched that video and "kicking the crap out of a woman isn't even close to an accurate description. I don't know what transpired prior to the start of the video but when it starts she is getting in his face instigating (not an excuse for physical contact with anyone, man or woman, just a description of events). He then gets quite angry and pushes her. Open hand to her shoulder. Not excessively powerful. She isn't knocked down and takes only a step maybe 2 backwards because of it. His friends try to restrain him because he is starting to lose control. In the process he bumps into one of his friends who loses his balance and falls into a girl which sends her flying fairly violently to the ground. But Hunt did not touch her in that process. He knocked into his friend which precipitated the chain of events leading to her fall. While she is down he goes over and gives her a kick. I would describe it as a fairly soft kick especially considering his size and strength.

Hunt barely has any physical contact with her during the entirety of the video. He never punches her. And most certainly did not kick the crap out of her. Having said that. He most certainly was out of control. Had his friends not been there restraining him I believe she would have ended up in the hospital or possibly the morgue.

I would agree with that. My issue with the #metoo movement is that it tries to equate catcalls and sexual innuendo with unwanted touching and sexual harassment to sexual assault and rape. While none are appropriate behavior for anyone, they are vastly different degrees of wrong. I think the #metoo movement thinks by equating all of these they will make the catcalling and sexual innuendo seem more serious but instead they are (unintentionally) minimizing the severity of rape and sexual assault.

Last edited by Jester; 03/19/22 10:41 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hasty?

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
you're right, he's the face of the franchise.

not the country, not your church, not your inner circle, not your charity, not the 4th of july, christmas, hanukkah, easter, or any of that. there were plenty of people wishing Al Lerner would sell the team too, and he didn't even do anything.

Hunt straight up commited battery against a woman, on video. and yea i watched it. please Jester, dont try to undermine what Hunt did to defend your position on Watson. and now we already have a problem, because people are trying to minimize what other players did, which is just another version of "Well, thats different." one thing im NOT doing is trying to give watson the benefit of the doubt. i've maintained that he's a creep throughout all of this.

but thats the thing here: people choosing which morals they will compromise on and which one they won't depending on who did it and what was done. scumbags are scumbags, so we can't pick and choose which scumbag we're gonna tolerate on the team, in a league full of scumbags, including the ownership all over.

Jester, yes or no question: if you applied your morals to the entire league, would you be watching the NFL?

i guess i'd be stuck watching nascar, the WNBA, or women's softball.

Last edited by Swish; 03/19/22 10:54 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Actually all "smoke" proves is that there is "smoke." Is the smoke caused by fire or was it a special effect created with dry ice? If there is fire, how big is it? A small fire can put off a lot of smoke.

DeShaun does appear to be a philanderer with a type, but that's not illegal and, sadly, isn't even that unusual in the NFL. Is he a "predator" or an unsavory "rock star?" I'd have preferred to find out before the trade. Unfortunately, we might never find out for sure. It appears the Browns' brain trust believed it is the latter. With the story now out in the world, it's unlikely that it will happen again, if it did happen. I'm curious if there's any special language in the contract with regards to the whole massage therapist situation. Or if there's just an unwritten understanding that he'll get all his bodywork at the team facility. I'm really hoping that it comes out that the most serious allegations were fabricated.

As far as the contract, it's not great, but the salary cap and other contracts are expected to go up heading forward. He'll only be 30 at the end of the deal. It could look cheap after Derek Carr and Lamar Jackson's extensions and even better after the next cycle. We weren't getting a QB of his football ability to come to Cleveland without a lot of money being involved. He had a lot of leverage and multiple teams bidding.

With regards to the proven on the field comment, Watson made 3 consecutive Pro Bowls (Baker 0.) He was number 18 on the NFL's top 100 list of 2021 even with the allegations hanging over him and having had a losing season (Baker 71, Ryan Tannehill was the next QB below him.) Watson was number 20 in 2020 with Baker not even on the list.

As far as being a winner, was Stafford a winner? He just won a Superbowl after joining a better team. Houston didn't have a much better roster than Detroit (possibly worse after trading Hopkins and Watt being hurt) and he carried the Texans to a pair of division titles in his 2nd and 3rd seasons.

It is a very conflicting situation. Hopefully some good can come from this and the team can help DeShaun become a better man.

Noted. And I agree.
I am positive I am going a bit overboard. They are only my thoughts and opinions.
I am just so very tired of seeing things like this play out like I am Nostradamus. I was almost sure this probable dumpster fire was going to be avoided. But I woke up this morning after not being around any media yesterday and get this news. I thought the Watson to Cleveland thing was nixed. Should have known it is the Browns after all.

Last edited by Woofurious; 03/19/22 10:55 AM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
I agree root for the team whoever is under those orange helmets ...

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.
I'm done.. can't believe it's come to this but my Sundays are now Free. Good luck to whoever is staying but I'm taking back my freedom.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Yes, we acknowledge that Watson is not a choir boy.

Some people will convince themselves of anything to accept the unacceptable.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Disney just had another sex trafficking bust.

bet they still gonna be packed with americans who love their morals, though. and still watching marvel movies on disney +.

aye, yall know the OG of disney was a massive racist, right? bet yall still watch the content with the family!

Last edited by Swish; 03/19/22 10:59 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Hasty?
Perhaps.. tongue

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Those saying Baker is just as good as Watson are delusional

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
J/c

I’m sure they’ll have Watson donate/start some charity causes around NE Ohio and they’ll work hard to repair his image. that’s probably part of the deal with the enormous guarantees.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
How do you think Berry and Haslam felt about seeing the Bengals in the SB? They are doing what the Rams did and our trying to win a SB now and not sometime in the distant future.

How they felt is obvious. They said they stood for character. They lied. Just like some fans they sold the values they claimed they stood for down the river to win.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That doesn't sound like a very good excuse to support a sexual predator.
An alleged sexual predator, Watson wasn't criminally charged.

Keep convincing yourself 22 women are lying and he is the beacon of truth. It seems to be the only leg you have to stand on.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Damn straight I am classy. I am not one of those fools who will clamp their mouth around Watsons junk if he balls out (So to speak). Especially after spending years slamming Big Ben for basically the same thing. Only difference is Watson thought he was buying silence. Did the FO buy yours with maybe wins?

Unlike yourself I don't laugh at my friends pain, or put them down just because they are fans of a football team. I was a Browns fan before you were born, and I will be a Browns fan until the day I die. I have known a lot of Browns who were great guys. I also have known some who are huge a-holes. That happens in all walks of life. I am not happy that Watson is on the team, BUT I will still be a Browns fan and root for the guys that are really good guys, plus the fine guys and ladies who work for the Browns organization and make a living there.

BTW I don't remember hearing one peep out of you when a real rapist (Kellen Winslow) was a Brown.

Last edited by GMdawg; 03/19/22 11:12 AM.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

WELL worth the watch. Didn't realize this little "detail" with guaranteed contracts. Man, Raven's are in a tough spot with Jackson now.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
J/c

I’m sure they’ll have Watson donate/start some charity causes around NE Ohio and they’ll work hard to repair his image. that’s probably part of the deal with the enormous guarantees.

No doubt. We’ll soon see photos of Watson visiting Kids in the hospital, reading to the blind, putting bags of groceries in trunks at the local food bank, lending a hand at the animal shelter, serving food to the homeless. All the usual PR community give back duties that make great photo ops.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent
Trying to piece together what we're dealing with. From what I've seen, of the 22 civil cases against Watson, only 2 are for sexual assault. 1 of those 2 tried to extort 30k from Watson. The rest are for lewd and indecent behavior. Watson now has quite a bankroll. I wonder if this will ever see a civil trial or will it be settled out of court? Part of me would like to see what happens in a trial, what actual evidence is there. Another part would like this settled and get on with football. I had just come to the conclusion that I didn't want Watson, and then this happens. I am not going to stop being a Browns fan over this, and I am excited and looking forward to see this team on the field. It doesn't mean I support DW's creepazoid behavior.

Yes, trying to minimize it doesn't mean anything. I mean lewd and indecent behavior is not that big of a deal, right? That only means you're a creep, right?

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
You don’t have to get behind him as an individual. Just root for the team.

It's odd because a lot of the people that called out a player for making a "good bye" post are amazed that people aren't overlooking more than 24 women's allegations. It certainly looks like it is all about the individual, it's just a matter if you want to support the individual or not. I'd wager if Watson doesn't deliver on the field many will start bringing up this as an issue.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

WELL worth the watch. Didn't realize this little "detail" with guaranteed contracts. Man, Raven's are in a tough spot with Jackson now.

That was very informative. I agree - this all got turned on it's head when Watson rejected the Browns and then Baker rejected the Browns - and to save face they dropped their pants and let Watson do what the 22 women have already accused him of.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by pfm1963
What happens when Watson does not play this year due to being suspended? We all know he will be suspended, just not sure for how long.

I suppose right now we have a backup named Baker. Maybe they will keep him around until after Watson's suspension then trade him.

That would be dirty.

After trading for Watson it's obvious they don't care about being dirty.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wonder how much he is going to have to pay Anthony Walker for #4.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard