Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hitt #1934495 03/22/22 05:05 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Come on now. Had Baker NOT tried to tackle the guy, people would be griping about that. Unfortunate thing, no doubt. Just as when an O lineman gets rolled on his leg/ankle, etc.

hitt #1934503 03/22/22 05:22 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
KS made some real questionable calls/strategies, from leaving our rookie RT 1-1 with Watt, to removing elements of the passing game that Baker seemed to thrive in (rollouts... yes, there was the injury but Baker was also executing sneaks/dives at times... so I dunno), and moving away from the run when the run is working.

I never stated nor implied anything he did was to ensure Baker failed. I, like many, have wondered aloud about strings of playcalls... and within the premise of this thread I don't think he has any wiggle room now that he has Watson running the O.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BADdog Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
KS made some real questionable calls/strategies, from leaving our rookie RT 1-1 with Watt, to removing elements of the passing game that Baker seemed to thrive in (rollouts... yes, there was the injury but Baker was also executing sneaks/dives at times... so I dunno), and moving away from the run when the run is working.

I never stated nor implied anything he did was to ensure Baker failed. I, like many, have wondered aloud about strings of playcalls... and within the premise of this thread I don't think he has any wiggle room now that he has Watson running the O.

Didnt Rodgers say he couldn't believe the positions KS was putting Baker in?

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1934538 03/22/22 06:45 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog

Didnt Rodgers say he couldn't believe the positions KS was putting Baker in?

Yep, on the Mannings MNF show.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
BADdog #1934651 03/23/22 10:21 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not trying to say that it's all KS's fault. I'm just saying it's not 100% X-person's fault. A lot of different people took criticism that all can stand on its own.

Stefanski's playcalling wasn't the only issue, but IMO he needs to do much better now that he has all the pieces of a dominant offense.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'm not trying to say that it's all KS's fault. I'm just saying it's not 100% X-person's fault. A lot of different people took criticism that all can stand on its own.

Stefanski's playcalling wasn't the only issue, but IMO he needs to do much better now that he has all the pieces of a dominant offense.

With potential at C and TE...a RT at LT and a presently-broken RT along with exactly (1) legit, NFL-cailber WR. We have (2) very good Gs, (2) very good RBs...and a top (x) QB on this offense...I won't fall for the "dominant" designation just like I didn't at the start of last year.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll highlight that I think more of DPJ than most (if I'm reading things correctly). I think he's a weapon so long as he's not our #1.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'll highlight that I think more of DPJ than most (if I'm reading things correctly). I think he's a weapon so long as he's not our #1.

I like DPJ too...I should have put him in with the other (2) "potential" guys.

2 members like this: mgh888, oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe he has yet earned such praise. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But you may wish to hope they don't go into the season as DPJ as the #2 WR. I'm sure that's Watson's hope.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
[It's hard to find many of his recent throws/games without getting NFL game pass. Not sure if I want to do that again after how lousy it worked the last time.

The numbers don't tell the whole story. He has some solid highlights, but also has some lowlights. I need full games if I'm going to try to fill in the bigger picture, though.]

Here are stats from 2021 where Brissett played the majority, if not all, of the game:
[img]https://ibb.co/b5sR1QZ[/img]

Here are links to the full replays of those games:
https://nflreplay.net/buffalo-bills-vs-miami-dolphins-19-sep-2021-replay-full-game/
https://nflreplay.net/miami-dolphins-vs-las-vegas-raiders-26-sep-2021-replay-full-game/
https://nflreplay.net/indianapolis-colts-vs-miami-dolphins-3-oct-2021-replay-full-game/
https://nflreplay.net/miami-dolphins-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers-10-oct-2021-replay-full-game/
https://nflreplay.net/houston-texans-vs-miami-dolphins-7-nov-2021-replay-full-game/
https://nflreplay.net/baltimore-ravens-vs-miami-dolphins-11-nov-2021-replay-full-game/

Your opinion is as valid as mine--no matter how crazy it is!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't believe he has yet earned such praise. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But you may wish to hope they don't go into the season as DPJ as the #2 WR. I'm sure that's Watson's hope.

Yeah, I get it... I agree we could definitely do better than DPJ at #2. I just think it's not the end of the world if we don't... especially if Cooper IS the guy that's going to draw double-teams.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I'm not accusing you of this, many posters claimed that our WR's were weak overall. There were times that OBJ was double teamed. At times Landry was double teamed. I'm also not saying that Cooper isn't more deserving of being double teamed but it's not a new situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
FWIW, I thought our WRs were going to be bomb.com last year.... shows what I know.

IMO, if we've truly got our #1 WR all set (dude with talent that will also work well w/in the O), then the rest should shake out fine, especially with a QB that's going to be more accurate and hit the open guy.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
In 2020 Watson had Brandon Cooks and Will fuller. His #3 was Randall Cobb. You can take your pick of the first two. DPJ is no Cooks or Fuller. Watson wasn't relying on just a #1 WR and hopefuls. Hopefully for Browns fans he won't have to in 2022.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jacoby Brissett

Link Copied to Clipboard