P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Waddle and Hill.

Damn.

They still need a QB ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Waddle and Hill.

Damn.

Yep. Tua will be under-throwing Hill all day long.

2 members like this: jfanent, PastorMarc
M
Legend
Legend
M

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Waddle and Hill.

Damn.

Yep. Tua will be under-throwing Hill all day long.

They’ll probably just be throwing him 1000 screens or handing off to him like Deebo Samuel.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe a bunch going on behind the scenes, but that unraveled quickly.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: jfanent, AZBrown, mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O

LOL. Brutal!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hmmmm, another quality WR allowed to seek out a trade and Cleveland was not on his radar. I guess a 6-time pro bowl WR doesn't fit the Browns scheme or cost.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by steve0255
Hmmmm, another quality WR allowed to seek out a trade and Cleveland was not on his radar. I guess a 6-time pro bowl WR doesn't fit the Browns scheme or cost.
You realize they just spent $230M on their QB, right?

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Hmmm, interesting that there is a mega trade and a new massive contract for a dude that abuses women and children, and yet, not a word from the people outraged over Watson. Strictly football talk out there in the Twitterverse. A cynical person might be tempted to say that people are just into performtive virtue-signaling, rather than actually being consistent about moral failures.

Browns fans are born with it...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by The Beast
You realize they just spent $230M on their QB, right?

And no #1's to trade ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M

What first round draft pick were the Browns going to trade back to KC to make a deal work?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

What first round draft pick were the Browns going to trade back to KC to make a deal work?

Something in the 2030s? naughtydevil

1 member likes this: Milk Man
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
So are Dolphin fans happy about getting Tyreke morally deficient, PIT?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You're missing the point. True the Browns didn't have a 1st round pick but the news reports immediately reported within hours the Jets and Dolphins were landing spots when Hill was told he could seek out a trade. No mention of Cleveland but, when it came to Watson - the Browns were able to create a deal that both Watson and Houston were acceptable too. If the Browns really wanted a 6-time Pro Bowl WR wouldn't you think they would have found a way to create the deal? Just a thought, you'd think that if you had just acquired a top 5 QB you'd want to surround him with top notch WR's. Maybe Berry will, but the pot for selection is pretty empty.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You're missing the point. True the Browns didn't have a 1st round pick but the news reports immediately reported within hours the Jets and Dolphins were landing spots when Hill was told he could seek out a trade. No mention of Cleveland but, when it came to Watson - the Browns were able to create a deal that both Watson and Houston were acceptable too. If the Browns really wanted a 6-time Pro Bowl WR wouldn't you think they would have found a way to create the deal? Just a thought, you'd think that if you had just acquired a top 5 QB you'd want to surround him with top notch WR's. Maybe Berry will, but the pot for selection is pretty empty.

Or they have a ton invested in the offense already and want to spend some of the cap on defense. They may think Baker held back the receivers we have returning. How many "pro bowl" WRs do teams usually have? Especially ones that have Chubb and Hunt and run multiple TE sets?

If you have a top notch QB, he can raise the play of his receivers. He is not lacking weapons. There are lots of receivers to be had in the draft.

Did you see Hill's contract? $30M a year is pretty wild for a WR.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: jaybird
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Speaking of wild, 230M all guaranteed for a QB would classify as pretty wild too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finally, something we can agree on.

That's probably going to fill this front office's quota of wild for quite a while.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by dnadawg

I don't really follow other teams players. I remember hearing he fell in the draft because of something off the field. Can you give us a quick synopsis?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by Jester

I don't really follow other teams players. I remember hearing he fell in the draft because of something off the field. Can you give us a quick synopsis?

He punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach, knocking her down some steps. This was before he was drafted I believe. More recently his girlfriend accused him of breaking their son's arm.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yikes, what a douchebag.
I am glad we didn't trade for him.
I have been somewhat critical of Watson but this guy is awful.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think that the key difference here (unfortunately) is that Hill's stuff has already been pushed under the rug, while Watson's is WIP. Hence the difference in reaction.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P

Still trying to defend the actions of one person based on the actions of another.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Still trying to defend the actions of one person based on the actions of another.
Still trying to deflect on a question you dint like the answer to?

P
Legend
Legend
P
You may wish to address that Hill isn't under investigation and what transpired happened years ago. His case is not before a grand jury. He isn't currently facing 22 civil law suits over repeated behavior. The desperation on the part of some to defend watson is showing.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The fact that you could construe either of my 2 posts here as support for Watson is a good demonstration you are just seeing red, and not thinking clearly.

I have not supported him, nor have I condemned him, beyond calling him a scumbag. I am mostly interested in the social media response. I think I agree with OOBER that people are not necessarily hypocrits from player to player, but rather, just slaves to the news cycle. Hill is old news. The implication is that in 2-3 years when Watson makes headlines for a great performance, new contract, or big trade, people that claim today to care so much won't care. In which case, what is the point?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nope. I just wanted to point out you never answer questions when you don't like the answer, you just ask a snarky leading question to deflect.

1 member likes this: Steubenvillian
P
Legend
Legend
P
You tried to compare two cases that are in no way similar by actually trying to make them look the same or similar. So what exactly were you trying to do? Making a false comparison certainly indicates you were trying to accomplish something.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I answered this somewhere on another thread. But since you can't seem to understand the difference and feel it actually deserves an explanation, I'll give you one.

One incident happened several years ago. There are no criminal grand juries or civil charges pending. He wasn't given a huge contract while being under investigation for not only criminal charges, but 22 pending civil lawsuits.

Most people comprehend that. I actually thought your desire for an explanation was more facetious than serious. At least one would have hoped so. Guess not.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The situations are in no way similar? They are both NFL superstars being traded, given huge contracts, discussed in social media, and involved in serious crimes. The crimes are different, but both very gross. And honestly, I think I find violent assault worse than sexual imposition (even 2 cases vs. 22 cases). I understand if you and others feel the opposite, but it is quite the stretch to say it is a false comparison.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The situations are in no way similar? They are both NFL superstars being traded, given huge contracts, discussed in social media, and involved in serious crimes. The crimes are different, but both very gross. And honestly, I think I find violent assault worse than sexual imposition (even 2 cases vs. 22 cases). I understand if you and others feel the opposite, but it is quite the stretch to say it is a false comparison.

I'm not disagreeing with you here really...but the QB is the face of the franchise...and everyone already knows that WRs are goofballs anyway.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
WILLIE,
I agree the optics are different. But warranting as large a disparity of opinion as the two situations received? I don't know...maybe. I just can't believe we didn't see a single insider / media personality criticize the Hill move in non-football terms, literally on the heels of a long weekend full of shaming the Browns.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess if you choose to ignore every point I made, yeah, they're similar.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Goodness an answer. Can't do it with out snark but we've made progress.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people deserve snark and some people don't. Like I said, the answer is so obvious I didn't think you seriously felt it needed to be explained to you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c...

That seems like a lot for MVS. Maybe he was overshadowed by Adams? We'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
MVS - bags of potential that didn't translate ... Maybe the Chiefs will unlock it all?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 NFL Free Agency Signings/News

Link Copied to Clipboard