Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1935519 03/26/22 10:41 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Ok so we don't have a first round pick...better get use to it cause we won't have one until 2025.

Our first pick will be at #44 I don't see why we can't have a discussion on who - yeah yeah its tough cause we don't know who will be gone.

But so what lots of guys to be available.

TE Trey McBride - I like this kid, real good hands and is a good blocker. Needs work on Zone blocking skills

WR Jahan Dotson - small which is why he will be available but I see him as a younger better version of Landry - kid can catch and score TDs will give his all for the team

DE Sam Williams - the perfect guy to go opposite of Garrett. Incredible speed I have him as the #7 DE in the draft he might just be there at 44.

DT DeMarvin Leal and I like the kid Travis Jones.

Safety Nick Cross

There is going to be a good talent available at #44 we have done well in the 2nd round I don't see why not now. Be realistic but who would be your favorites???

Go at it lets still have draft fun!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Doctson would be awesome

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
First we have to find out about free agents? IMO Berry will try to find a pass rusher off the edge.

Clowney is still on the table. If he signs somewhere else. Berry may try a trade or go after another FA DE. It will be a priority.

Jarvis may sign? If not Will Fuller has experience with DW. He will not be to costly because of recent injury history. He is still a burner and still young.

So, given the first round goes deep into pass rushers. My guess is interior DL.

If Devonte Wyatt gets past the first round. He could be a early second round target. If not and we stay at 44. I think Perrion Winfrey could be there.

i really like him. I think he is diverse and could play more than one technique. I see him as a 1 and 2 gap guy.

Depending on receivers signed. If George Pickens is there at 44. I don't think we should pass on him. He is IMO a first round talent.

I love Skyy Moore. I think he will be there. Love this guy. He could play slot but he has long speed as well. Love how he catches the ball.
He is short but really put together. He is hard nosed football player.

We could also look at interior OL. A guy who could play center/guard. At 44 we would be looking at top 3 players in that position group.

In the end Berry wants to be flexible. He wants options. So BPA is important.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd like either DT Travis Jones or WR George Pickens.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
John Metchie anyone?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I do like McBride but don't see us taking a TE in the 2nd.

At Wr we should have a choice of Pickens, Bell, Talbot, Moore, Metchie and a few others. I doubt Dotson makes it to us, but I would love it if he dis.

At DT Winfrey, Hall, Neal could all be available.

At DE Williams, Ebiketie, and Enagbare could be available.

I have little doubt we will get a talented player at #44. The question is how complimentary the later rounds line up.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sidney Jones fell to the 43rd pick after blowing out his achilles at a pro day.

At the moment the "dream," is getting Ojabo, then Logan Hall, then a receiver. If Watson works out, we're unlikely to have a shot at a high end edge in the draft for awhile. Of course, the dream also involves Ojabo coming back from injury like Terrell Suggs.

Watson to Watson doesn't sound bad if Ojabo's gone.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Travis Jones

P
Legend
Legend
P
This would make me happy thumbsup

44. David Bell WR PURDUE

78. Perrion Winfrey, DT Oklahoma

98 . Jeremy Ruckert OSU

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

44. David Bell WR PURDUE

98 . Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Hard to see Winfrey lasting to #78.

I guess it could happen.

Last year the unbelieveable happened we got JOK at pick 52. That was totally nuts to me.

I wonder if some other guy like that could drop to us?

Two guys that I am zeroing on are:

Perrion Winfrey and Logan Hall. Both of them should be there at 44.

They are different as players. Hall is longer at 6'6". He could move to DE. So where he would play and what technique is still to be determined.

Winfrey is more of inside guy but he can rush the passer from inside.

Both of them address a need.

Last edited by bonefish; 03/27/22 08:46 AM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's all just a guess. You could throw darts at names and be correct.

We just have to wait and find out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
What is interesting. Is that most of the players we will end up with when this draft is over are guys we never heard of.

Then it will be about who are these guys?

Then going back and finding out.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
1a. Pickens
1b. Bell
1c. Dotson
1d. Watson
1e. Moore

One of these WR’s will surely be available at #44 and I would be happy with any of them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

Greedy Williams
Grant Delpit
JOK

All considered to be first round prospects at one point ... who's next?

[Linked Image]

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by Frenchy
1a. Pickens
1b. Bell
1c. Dotson
1d. Watson
1e. Moore

One of these WR’s will surely be available at #44 and I would be happy with any of them.

Would like to add:

1f. John Metchie III totally forgot about him

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
John Metchie anyone?

I didn't.

C
Legend
Legend
C

44. David Bell WR PURDUE

David Bell is the antithesis of an Andrew Berry pick.

I think someone like Skyy Moore is much more likely.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I think someone like Skyy Moore is much more likely.

If the Browns go WR at #44, Skyy Moore would be my pick. I'm on the Travis Jones choo choo train if he's available.

Sign me up for Christian Watson if he falls. Seems to be shooting up the draft boards, but that could just be media hype.

T
Legend
Legend
T

44. David Bell WR PURDUE

98 . Jeremy Ruckert OSU

Would you still prefer David Bell if Johan Dotson (both wrs') were still on the board? Just asking, I reserve the right to have two different mindsets on the topic.
(" Wow a Boat!, Wait a second Lois, A boat is a Boat, but a mystery box could be ANYTHING, it could even be a boat!") Ben Solak

... What about if option 2(b) required a trade up to #27 overall? ... ( A boat is just a boat, but a mystery box could be Anything!)
( I'm goin with option B, kickin your @*!! and collecting 500 dollars.) Cousin Vinny.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B
A receiver I like in the 3rd round is Romeo Doubs, Nevada. I think he can be a very good NFL receiver.

Just digging a little deeper in the draft since we are starting deeper.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
a slow, unathletic WR from Purdue. lmao

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My top 2 guys who could reasonably available at #44 are:

1, Arnold Ebiketie DE PSU
2, Perrion Winfrey DT Oklahoma

I really really like Jahan Dotson Wr PSU but I doubt he is available at #44. If he is than I probably take him.

My favorite player in the draft is Nakobe Dean Lb UGA. Again, I doubt he is available at #44. If he is available I don't know if we should take him. Mostly because I don't know how pairing him with JOK would work. Is that combination too small at Lb? I don't know enough to know if that would work.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Depending on who goes when, I could see Nik Bonitto being the pick @44. He has an athletic profile pretty similar to Takk McKinley. Maybe even closer to Haason Reddick or a mix of those two. He could be the fastball off the edge in sub packages. Maybe even stand up and move around the defense paired with JOK.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

DE Drake Jackson is another name to watch for the 44th selection.

He came into USC pro-day weighing 273 lbs, and was at 254 lbs for the Combine.

The weight loss was due to coaching, and a position change to LB, but he is a hand in the dirt DE.

[Linked Image]

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I think the Browns are looking real closely to Wydermeyer TE Texas A&M - dont know why he is dropping speed maybe as he ran a 5.0 40 but we might be targeting him. I like McBride but both are good additions.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm pretty much out on the Texans A&M TE. He's slower than Hooper and not a good blocker.

He wouldn't seem to fit this FO's typical profile of plus athletes.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 03/31/22 10:50 AM. Reason: good is subjective, I probably should have said he's not a good enough blocker for me to overlook his athletic deficiencies

Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
He has had some good moments, but he is somewhat like a 80's TE.

In todays game, he looks somewhat cloddish.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Would the Browns consider moving up to late first round?

My guess is - No.

However, there is one scenario that I believe is possible. That is if the Browns were to sign Clowney to a two or three year deal.

That would insure a bookend to Myles. Leaving the middle of the line in question.

Then "if" Jordan Davis were still there at say 27. That would be the Bucs pick.

We could offer Baker and our second (44) to move to 27 and select Jordan Davis.

He would be a cornerstone DL interior player. He is so athletic. He could man more than one gap. He could be used many ways. He would become the ultimate run stuffer.

Clowney is so good coming down the backside against the run. Damn our DL would be killer.

I would love for this to happen. Will it? I wish.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Possibly, but I think you might have Baker overvalued. But, by saying maybe being overvalued also opens up the possibility I have him undervalued. What matters is what some other team thinks.

What I do know is I would be all in on Jordon Davis. Hey, nothing wrong with dreaming. Everything of worth starts with a dream or idea.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It is about value to the Bucs.

Brady is old. He could get hurt. What happens next year? It would give the Bucs a starter to fall back on and have a guy in place next year.

At worst a bridge to a future pick. Baker was going to start for us. He is a starter and still young.

I want Davis. I would try something to get him.

I know analytics and the Browns do not place high investment value on interior DL. But Davis is an exception. He has dominant traits.

Just a thought. Like I said probably will not happen.

Another guy I would look to trade up to the bottom of the first is Jamerson Williams. I am looking for really good talent that may fall some because of how the first round could fall.

In the end we should get a impactful player at 44.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry. I sometimes skim a bit and missed the Buc's part.

That might make it a bit more possible. Who knows? Draft day brings events totally predictable to beyond imagination.
I suppose that would fall somewhere in between.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And it would make sense for Baker to restructure his contract to play for the Bucs. Something like 2 yrs $25 million part as a signing bonus.
He sits behind Brady this year then is the de facto starter going into 2023 with a loaded Bucs offense.

Legend
Legend
The Browns roster after free agency should be close to set.

If we can come away from this draft with three good picks we are golden. The 7th rounders can be used on kickers.

This would be a good draft to go after value and use the draft to move for value if it presents itself.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Part of a larger article. Only posted what was relevant to this thread

ESPN's Todd McShay lists defensive tackles and ends who would make sense for Browns in second round

Right now, defensive line and wide receiver are still the Browns' most glaring needs, and ESPN's Todd McShay outlined some potential fits he believes could be available for Berry at No. 44.

McShay mentioned Houston's Logan Hall, Connecticut's Travis Jones and Alabama's Phidarian Mathis as options at defensive tackle.

“Logan Hall would be intriguing there,” McShay said Thursday during a conference call. “He's kind of a tweener five-technique who can play on the edge. You can play him at three-technique. He can provide some versatility.

NFL free agency is a factor in planning, too: Cleveland Browns have 'mutual interest' with Jadeveon Clowney, Jarvis Landry

“If you're looking for a pure defensive tackle, Travis Jones is a physical freak coming out of Connecticut. You just look at what he was able to do at the Senior Bowl and then combine that with the workout numbers that he had, I think he's got a chance to be a really good player.”

An edge rusher McShay singled out as a logical second-round target is Oklahoma's Nik Bonitto.

“You just need another guy on the opposite side [of Browns All-Pro defensive end Myles Garrett] to get pass-rush pressure,” McShay said. “I think Bonitto's going to come in with the explosive workout numbers he had and the unbelievable production he's had the last couple of years at Oklahoma, I think he's going to be at least as a rookie a designated pass rusher in sub packages, and I think he's going to put up some really good pressure numbers and sack numbers as a rookie.”

As for the receivers, McShay listed Western Michigan's Skyy Moore, North Dakota State's Christian Watson, Georgia's George Pickens and Alabama's John Metchie III as candidates to be picked 44th overall.

McShay raved about Moore and Christian Watson.

“[Moore] is silky smooth,” McShay said. “He's the kind of guy in a closet you'd have a hard time wrapping him up and bringing him down. He is so good in tight spaces. Tracks the deep ball well. He ran really well at the combine. I know he's a little bit undersized, but the way he plays he's so smooth. He's 5-9½, 195. He ran a 4.41 in his 40-yard dash. I think he's got a chance to be in that range around 44.”

“[Christian Watson] was like 6, 7 yards behind defensive backs on deep balls. It was like over and over again on tape. But I wondered leading up to the Senior Bowl how is he as a route runner. He just didn't have to [be a precise route runner in college] because he was running by guys at that level.

“[He faced Auburn's] Roger McCreary and some of those really top-end corners that are going to be second, third-round draft picks, and he was working them at the top of his stem and getting out of breaks. I like Christian Watson a lot. I think he's going to be in that range and would be a really good fit.”

https://news.yahoo.com/no-first-round-pick-cleveland-100055290.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Jester
And it would make sense for Baker to restructure his contract to play for the Bucs. Something like 2 yrs $25 million part as a signing bonus.
He sits behind Brady this year then is the de facto starter going into 2023 with a loaded Bucs offense.

No matter the numbers or years, he is going to have to do that no matter who might want him. Nobody is going to take him on a 18-19 mil expiring contract.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Those players are guys we have spoke of as possibles with #44.

One other in addition is Winfrey.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I'm pretty much out on the Texans A&M TE. He's slower than Hooper and not a good blocker.

He wouldn't seem to fit this FO's typical profile of plus athletes.

My guy is McBride the wydermyer thing I read on the Browns website. btw how did McBride score out on that chart?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jeremy Ruckert OSU 6'5.5 252 LBS

Ohio State tight end Jeremy Ruckert projects as a viable threat in an NFL passing game. Ruckert’s development as the primary tight end for the Buckeyes has spanned over several seasons—he’s been an enticing complementary piece of the puzzle but never someone who was asked to serve in a starring role as a pass-catcher. Ruckert’s best season in that regard comes in 2021 as the fifth option in the offense behind star receivers Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxson Smith-Njigba, and running back TreVeyon Henderson. But when Ruckert does allocate targets, he’s efficient in hauling in passes and with the spacing challenges posed by Ohio State’s 11-personnel grouping, Ruckert is usually isolated in a one-on-one matchup. He’s been a killer in the red zone, too (all five of his 2020 scores came in the red area). In total, he hauled in 12 touchdown receptions in 51 career catches entering into his final contest, the 2022 Rose Bowl versus Utah. Many of those scores have come out of play-action, where Ruckert’s role as a blocker and his ability to climb to the second level on seal blocks can be well hidden and allow him to burst free on delayed releases out of stalk blocks and into the open. I think that Ruckert is a plus athlete for the position, or at least he plays like one. And with more freeing roles available to him in other offenses other than an OSU one that traditionally treats tight ends like afterthoughts, I think the ceiling is there for Ruckert to be a much better pro player than he is a college receiver. In the blocking phases of the position, Ruckert is used often in split-flow fits and has the mass necessary to crack the end man on the line of scrimmage effectively. That experience will prove helpful as he looks to acclimate to an NFL responsibility that is likely to ask him to play in the box.

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/01/22 11:41 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
My guy is McBride the wydermyer thing I read on the Browns website. btw how did McBride score out on that chart?

He didn't run at the combine, so I don't see his RAS yet. It should be much higher than Wydermyer.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Who to take at #44

Link Copied to Clipboard