Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
does that mean we will receive a compensatory pick for Landry?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Good for him. He's hitting another mark on the bucket list for most pro athletes; got to play with his best friend, get's to "come home". There aren't too many more deserving.

It was a pleasure to watch him work, I'll still smile when I put that jersey on my back.

And "all that weak $#^! don't live here no more!"... was contagious. He put his stamp on this culture change and followed through with hard work. I'll always root for Juice.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: mgh888, Versatile Dog, jfanent
M
Legend
Legend
M
Wish you well Jarvis. Will be interesting to see that $$$

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I really, really wish it could have worked out for him to stay here. I wish him all the best as long as it doesn't result in a 'W' versus the Browns.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Same for most - I'm really interested to see the $$$ he signed for with NO. I think it might be a little insight into how he felt about all things Browns. GM said we made him an offer for 1 year and a 2 year offer for slightly less. Were we close and JL left anyway? Or did NO really beat our offer by a lot?

Legend
Legend
I'm betting that they didn't beat us out, but instead they were the last one on the table. With Berry, at some point he would have pulled his offer... like, when he says "this is our best and final offer" and you still try to haggle, he's pulling it off the table.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I hope Saints fans enjoy having a WR average under 10 yds a catch and one that barely
Reaches the end zone. On 3rd and 12 Landry will get you 8 yards for sure .but that's it

L
Legend
Legend
L
No complaints from me, either. Good luck, Mr. Landry. You balled out, was a great leader for us, and I won’t soon forget the 40-yard catch and run TD that gave is a two-touchdown lead in the playoff win over Pitt.

On the football side, I think we still needed him to solidify our WR room.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Does anyone know the exact dollar offer that the Browns made to Landry? If not, I am not sure as to why the $$$ he's making in NO is so interesting?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

No.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
cfrs, do you think the Browns will bring in a veteran receiver to help stabilize the #2 position? Do you think trading Baker to Seattle for Lockett is reasonable for both sides?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
cfrs, do you think the Browns will bring in a veteran receiver to help stabilize the #2 position? Do you think trading Baker to Seattle for Lockett is reasonable for both sides?

Yes to the first question. No to the second question.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thank you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Good. Happy for him and glad he didn't go to an AFCN rival.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
Same for most - I'm really interested to see the $$$ he signed for with NO. I think it might be a little insight into how he felt about all things Browns. GM said we made him an offer for 1 year and a 2 year offer for slightly less. Were we close and JL left anyway? Or did NO really beat our offer by a lot?

1 year, "up to" $6M.

NFL.com link

Looks like his market dried up to me. Best of luck to him.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

No.

We cut him. He had a year left on his contract with us.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Good for him, but I sure wish we could have kept him. We desperately need a second receiver to compliment Cooper. I was hoping for a smart guy who was good at reading zone coverages, making sight adjustments and hot reads.

Wasn't it you who claimed that having poor WR's was nothing more than an excuse by Baker fans? By your own standards it seems like you're already "Baking in " excuses for DW.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
WRs not WR’s

1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank you for the educational seminar.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Good for him, but I sure wish we could have kept him. We desperately need a second receiver to compliment Cooper. I was hoping for a smart guy who was good at reading zone coverages, making sight adjustments and hot reads.

Wasn't it you who claimed that having poor WR's was nothing more than an excuse by Baker fans? By your own standards it seems like you're already "Baking in " excuses for DW.

And just now in another topic you complained about it turning into another Baker thread.
rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, people flip flopping about the quality, or lack there of in terms of WR's depending on who the starting QB doesn't apply and isn't relative according to some people. And we can pretty well figure out who those people will be.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
WRs not WR’s

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Landry wont be missed that much. His numbers from last year
Are very achievable by Bell. Even if signed with Ravens
He would have not produced very much vs the Browns
Or any North team for that matter
Newsome would have shut him down easily

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does anyone know the exact dollar offer that the Browns made to Landry? If not, I am not sure as to why the $$$ he's making in NO is so interesting?

Might be the fact he's back in his home state and his home town is only an hour away.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

I don't know if I said those exact words, but I never once thought that OBJ and Landry were trash. Maybe you do? If so, that is your right, but I don't feel they gave us the "worst WRs in the league." Now, both are gone. We replaced one w/Cooper. We have not replaced the other. I think we need another veteran. With that said, you won't see me making excuses for Watson because I won't need to. He can elevate those around him. That doesn't mean that I don't want an experienced WR to be our #2 guy.

1 member likes this: guard dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

Landry was hurt for most of last season and tried to come back too soon and gut it out. The QB who was throwing him the ball was injured and played badly. I'm no expert, but I do wonder if those might have had an impact on Landry's stats that you are referring to? maybe?

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by mgh888

Landry was hurt for most of last season and tried to come back too soon and gut it out. The QB who was throwing him the ball was injured and played badly. I'm no expert, but I do wonder if those might have had an impact on Landry's stats that you are referring to? maybe?
The Landry I saw in 2021 looked like he lost a step and thats
Alot for a WR Who was never fast to begin with
And that was before he got hurt
I tend to think when the whole Mayfield Beckham drama
Went down it affected Landry to the point his effort wasnt there
Landry's numbers have declined for a Reason.
And I can't put the fault all on Mayfield

M
Legend
Legend
M
Landry caught 5 for 70+ yards week 1 .... healthy Baker.
Week 2 Landry was out with a knee injury.

So you managed to get all of that from one healthy game with baker and 71 yards receiving and 13 yards on two carries?

That's impressive. I don't think I could read that much into one game. We'll get to see how he does for an ok NO team.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/14/22 05:04 PM.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Right? I'm reading that like "whaaaat?"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yeah, people flip flopping about the quality, or lack there of in terms of WR's depending on who the starting QB doesn't apply and isn't relative according to some people. And we can pretty well figure out who those people will be.

Well, we also had OBJ around last year, so it isn't just missing Landry. We added Cooper, but that still puts us down a receiver.

We did add Bell and a few others, but as rookies it is hard to bank on how good they might become. We can hope Bell is a ROY type candidate, but there is no way to tell just yet. I am not saying Bell has to be a ROY. Just saying a guy who might be considered by having a good rookie season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

He missed a great deal of time to injury.. he also fought through some pain.... That was the wrong year to judge Landry.. But that is exactly what some fans constantly do.. Landry has been making a fool out of CB's for years...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Best of luck to Jarvis...he played most of 2021 with nagging injuries but he still played. Giving 100% on run plays as well as passing downs. A good team player. I think his stint with OBJ did not help him and actually brought him down as he was trying to sell the Browns to a player who didn't want to play here.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot

He missed a great deal of time to injury.. he also fought through some pain.... That was the wrong year to judge Landry.. But that is exactly what some fans constantly do.. Landry has been making a fool out of CB's for years...

Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the evaluation whether we like it or not. Nobody plays forever. Maybe Landry bounces back, but he's almost definitely closer to the end of his professional career than the beginning. Football is a brutal sport. Not For Long.

Time for the younger guys to step up.

Hopefully the new facilities will help with maintenance, injury prevention, and recovery going forward.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's odd Peen. At the time everyone was saying that OBJ was slacking, wanted out of town and was playing bad so he would get traded. Like I said, the story changes with time to suit the situation and portrait people are trying to paint.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Like I said, the story changes with time to suit the situation and portrait people are trying to paint.

That is the truth! Like I have said many times. This place is like an alternative universe when it comes to the reality of the situation in regards to certain players and other organizational members.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It does. Acting like Baker sustaining a major shoulder injury and playing in that condition wasn't a major factor in 2021 and trying to downplay him leading us to the playoffs in 2020 is a perfect example of it.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It does. Acting like Baker sustaining a major shoulder injury and playing in that condition wasn't a major factor in 2021 and trying to downplay him leading us to the playoffs in 2020 is a perfect example of it.
Alot of QBs play with Injuries and can still play at a high level
Bradshaw did, Kosar certinally did.how many HoFers played with
A flak jacket and still won games
Heck I think even Joe Burrow played with a broken pinkie
On his throwing hand for most of 2021.
But I fail to see the corralation between Baker's injuries and
His penchant for throwing INTS in the 2nd half of games
Last year and constantly running into sacks
Baker looked like a rookie at times last year

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Baker is good at a lot of things QBs need to be good at, but he doesn't really have anything in his game that elite. He is good at reading defenses but he doesn't get it elite quick. He has a strong arm but he needs that violent torque to really make it zing. He is mobile but not really elite mobile.

I think Baker is about as good as you can get without having something elite. The problem then becomes if anything in that breaks down his production plummets really quickly. He was hurt and that caused things to not work well for him. I think when healthy he could be a little slow in a read and have the torque to fire the ball in and make up for it. Hurt, he doesn't have the same zing, even if just by a little. Things get out of synch and start to go poorly. He just don't have that one elite ability to cover when things are just out of whack.

I had hoped he would get this year to try and make right. Things change quickly in the NFL.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Baker did not "lead" us to the playoffs in my opinion. He was the beneficiary of playing in a great situation. Pit, the proof is in the pudding. The Browns did not extend him after his "great" season. You guys say his coach sucked. His supporting cast sucked. That Baker "led" us to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Yet, if that was the real truth, why would not one single team be willing to trade for him despite his relatively low starter money?

Y'all are in denial. It's one thing to be wrong. I've been wrong many, many times. Difference is, I'm man enough to admit it. You guys keep ignoring reality and acting like others have the wrong agenda. I'm willing to let this go, but the more you guys fabricate the circumstances, the more I will clap back. Let it go. Y'all were wrong. Big deal? Who cares? But please stop acting like I am the one making crap up.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I like your post overall, but Baker is definitely not good at reading defenses. It's a huge weakness.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2022 Browns/NFL Free Agency Signings/News Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard