Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
While you are 100% accurate, they don't like people talking about that either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/16/22 12:48 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
so few people wants to address the fact that this dude intentionally looked up a zip code with a majority black demographic, scouted the area, dressed like he was going to iraq, and killed 10 people specifically due to the thought that white people were being replaced.

I don't think anybody's denying the fact that this was absolutely a racially motivated hate crime. The guy needs to be tried, convicted and executed as quickly as the system allows. I think giving publicity to a sick individual's rationale for carrying out a massacre is a mistake, and encourages others who might be willing to pay the ultimate price for the same publicity . However, if this wasn't an individual and isolated act by a deranged sociopath, then we should look into it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's been pointed out that this has been a trend over time. So what do you feel about people like tucker and elected officials helping to further the white replacement theory which helps fuel such behavior?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Buffalo shooter’s prior threat, hospital stay under scrutiny

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The white gunman accused of committing a racist massacre at a Buffalo supermarket made threatening comments that brought police to his high school last spring, but he was never charged with a crime and had no further contact with law enforcement after his release from a hospital, officials said.

The revelation raised questions about whether his encounter with police and the mental health system was yet another missed opportunity to put a potential mass shooter under closer law enforcement scrutiny, get him help, or make sure he didn’t have access to deadly firearms.

Authorities said they were investigating the attack on predominantly Black shoppers and workers at the Tops Friendly Market as a potential federal hate crime or act of domestic terrorism. Saturday’s mass violence in Buffalo was the deadliest of a wave of fatal weekend shootings, including at a California church and a Texas flea market.

Payton Gendron, 18, traveled about 200 miles (320 kilometers) from his home in Conklin, New York, to Buffalo to commit the attack, police said.

Federal authorities were still working to confirm the authenticity of a racist 180-page document, purportedly written by Gendron, that said the assault was intended to terrorize all nonwhite, non-Christian people and get them to leave the country.

Law enforcement officials revealed Sunday that New York State Police troopers had been called to Gendron’s high school last June for a report that the then-17-year-old had made threatening statements.

Gendron had threatened to carry out a shooting at Susquehanna Valley High School in Conklin around graduation, a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity said. The official was not authorized to speak publicly on the investigation.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said Gendron had no further contact with law enforcement after a mental health evaluation that put him in a hospital for a day and a half.

“Nobody called in,” he said. “Nobody called any complaints,” Gramaglia said. The threat was “general” in nature, he said, and not related to race.

New York is one of several states that have enacted “red flag” laws in recent years that were intended to try and prevent mass shootings committed by people who show signs that they might be a threat to themselves or others.

Those laws allow law enforcement officers, a person’s family, or in some cases, medical professionals or school officials to petition courts to temporarily seize the person’s firearms, or prevent them from buying guns.

Federal law bars people from owning guns if a judge has determined they have a “mental defect” or they have been forced into a mental institution — but an evaluation alone would not trigger the prohibition.

It is unclear whether officials could have invoked the “red flag” regulation after the high school incident. Police and prosecutors wouldn’t provide details on the incident, or say when Gendron had purchased the weapons used in the assault.

The long list of mass shootings in the U.S. involving missed opportunities to intervene includes the 2018 massacre of 17 students at a high school in Parkland, Florida, where law enforcement officials had received numerous complaints about the gunman’s threatening statements, and the killings of more than two dozen people at a Texas church in 2017 by a former U.S. Air Force serviceman who was able to buy a gun despite a violent history.

The victims of Saturday’s attack in Buffalo included an 86-year-old woman who had just visited her husband in a nursing home, a man buying a cake for his grandson, a church deacon helping people get home with their groceries and a supermarket security guard.

The shooter livestreamed the attack on Twitch, prompting scrutiny of how fast social platforms react to violent videos.

President Joe Biden planned to visit Buffalo on Tuesday.

Gendron surrendered to police who confronted him in the supermarket’s vestibule. He was arraigned later Saturday on a murder charge. Relatives didn’t respond to messages.

A lengthy statement circulating online, attributed to Gendron, outlined a racist ideology rooted in a belief that the United States should belong only to white people.

Portions of the Twitch video circulating online showed the gunman killing multiple shoppers in less than a minute. At one point, he trains his weapon on a white person cowering behind a checkout counter, but says “Sorry!” and doesn’t shoot. Screenshots purporting to be from the broadcast appear to show a racial slur targeting Black people scrawled on his rifle.

Authorities said Gendron shot, in total, 11 Black people and two white people after he researched neighborhood demographics and conducted reconnaissance to inflict the most damage.

“This individual came here with the express purpose of taking as many Black lives as he possibly could,” Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said Sunday.

___

Associated Press reporters Robert Bumsted in Buffalo, Michael Hill in Albany, New York, Travis Loller in Nashville and Jake Bleiberg in Dallas contributed reporting. Balsamo reported from Washington.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/buffalo-shooters-prior-threat-hospital-stay-face-scrutiny/

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unpopular Opinion:

We need to execute these people in a very public and very gruesome way to deter this behavior. I don't even care if a martyr is made out of it. This [censored] of years in jail and accepting a plea for life in prison is garbage!

No half measures. There is no explaining this one away, we can't keep allowing this to go lightly punished. There is no argument that could explain how this person was not a radical white supremist. He is, he carried out an assignation of black folk with the intent to only kill black folk. This is as clear cut as one has ever been. It's a hate crime, it's first degree murder, it was recorded. I don't even need a trial here.

From a political standpoint, it's the boy who cried wolf again from the left. When everyone is a racist and everyone is a white supremacist, people just roll their eyes when they see a real one. YEARS of calling Kyle Rittenhouse a white supremacist (which was verifiably ridiculous, he killed only white people) will lead to empathetic ears from already hard right partisans.

Legend
Legend
only a matter of time...

State Senator Who Backs White Nationalism Suggests Buffalo Shooting Was False Flag

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-senator-backs-white-nationalism-125404999.html

elected official. we have multiple GOP politicians openly spreading this trash.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
This might make me sound like a bad person, but considering the evidence at the time of the capture, I think it would have been best if some cop had just put a bullet in the dude's skull. It's not like there was any doubt about his guilt.

Legend
Legend
Reading you guys makes me want to take the Constitution of the United States of America and wrap a fish in it.

Due Process.

Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

And one large Walleye.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Of course, dude made white nationalists look bad, they have to whitewash it.

Legend
Legend
I swear, trying to find anything on google in this day an age, no matter how specific you are, is like trying to suck nickels through a straw (I just made that up).

Does anyone know how this cell clump was apprehended?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think you are conflating threads Fate. But id you want to call the shooter useless mass of cells, I'll go with that.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I did say it.

rofl...in my judgment, this story would become a major issue for discussion in our country as well as a topic of interest to most members on the DT message board.

I posted the AP story without comment or opinion and followed it up with an update, again without any comment or opinion. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with my decision to post an article pertaining to this subject matter, the murder of 10 people in Buffalo...?

The subject did become the top story of discussion at all levels...appearing at the national, regional and local levels.

vers..the fact that you seem to be the only one who has an issue with this subject matter might say more about 'you and your judgement' than it does about the subject matter.

Last edited by mac; 05/16/22 07:45 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Calling him what he really is would get me banned.

I like it better when these %^&#%s blow their brains out. Well, not really, doesn't really seem like justice; but it does expose the fact that they're worthless cowards. I think small factor may prevent the next psycho from glorifying and emulating them. And it does save families a lot of grief... gets them a few years closer to "healing", although that never really comes to fruition either.

We need a way to fast-track the trip to the needle in easy cases like this.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mac
I did say it.

rofl...in my judgment, this story would become a major issue for discussion in our country as well as a topic of interest to most members on the DT message board.

I posted the AP story without comment or opinion and followed it up with an update, again without any comment or opinion. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with my decision to post an article pertaining to this subject matter, the murder of 10 people in Buffalo...?

The subject did become the top story of discussion at all levels...appearing at the national, regional and local levels.

vers..the fact that you seem to be the only one who has an issue with this subject matter might say more about 'you and your judgement' than it does about the subject matter.

Don't sweat the small stuff mac, and posting to please Vers is as small as it gets bro. All of us could find something to pick at no matter how a post is phrased in here, so why be emotionally invested in anything any of us say on DT? Vers commented, you acknowledged, move on, don't lose sleep over it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/16/22 08:06 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
mac, I don't have an issue w/discussing the subject. However, given your posting history of trying to use every means necessary to only paint one side of the picture and your repeated lame-ass labeling of those who have opposing political opinions as "right wing radicals" and the fact that you made a conscious choice to post the story in the Political Forum, it wasn't all that hard to understand your motives. Your MO is well-known. And, of course, one of the first comments was about limiting free speech of those who represent the other side. So you can take your fake innocence and try and pawn it off on someone else.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
Calling him what he really is would get me banned.

I like it better when these %^&#%s blow their brains out. Well, not really, doesn't really seem like justice; but it does expose the fact that they're worthless cowards. I think small factor may prevent the next psycho from glorifying and emulating them. And it does save families a lot of grief... gets them a few years closer to "healing", although that never really comes to fruition either.

We need a way to fast-track the trip to the needle in easy cases like this.

I'm with you on these domestic terrorists, if they aren't dead when taken down, don't waste any time trying and putting them down like dogs. Them facing a firing squad is justice, IMO. And like you, I don't shed any tears for them when killed on the spot. As long as they are verified as the active shooter, take em out.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, this is kind of funny. I just made a post to mac and mentioned painting a picture or something like that. I was switching forums and a Facebook ad for "Virtual Painting Classes" was at the top of the page.

Legend
Legend
In other words, Zuck just made 8 cents for what you typed on DT.

Stuff is creepy sometimes.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's the power of the tracking cookies. Thank social media for that one. It's how billionaires were made of most of them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/16/22 08:22 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
mac, I don't have an issue w/discussing the subject. However, given your posting history of trying to use every means necessary to only paint one side of the picture and your repeated lame-ass labeling of those who have opposing political opinions as "right wing radicals" and the fact that you made a conscious choice to post the story in the Political Forum, it wasn't all that hard to understand your motives. Your MO is well-known. And, of course, one of the first comments was about limiting free speech of those who represent the other side. So you can take your fake innocence and try and pawn it off on someone else.

vers...like I said, you seem to be the only one who has an issue with the subject matter of this thread for some reason. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is bothering you these days. You do seem to have "a problem" that only you can address.

As far as where I decided to start this thread, reading just the first sentence of the AP story gave me a hint that there might be a political slant to commentary. I did not give any opinion or make any judgments concerning the story itself. I simply opened the subject up for an honest discussion among DTalkers. IMO, it would not have mattered where the AP story was posted because an incident of this magnitude is going to take it's own course.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Not trying to tell the United States of America what to do, but maybe tightening gun laws might help. Just a suggestion.

It’s probably too late though.

Have at ‘er. Praise the lord and pass the ammo.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Reading you guys makes me want to take the Constitution of the United States of America and wrap a fish in it.

Due Process.

Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

And one large Walleye.

On one hand you are correct that everyone should care about Due Process and Cruel and unusual punishment. On the other, it is pretty clear that the deranged person who committed the crime, only cares about constitutional rights after the fact.

I keep going to what can be done…..

We know that the Bushmaster and the rest of the assault rifles should not be in civilian hands, along with extended magazines.

Replacement theory and manifestos have emerged as a linkage to a number of the shootings.

Now the real challenge is figuring out how to rid ourselves of media/internet/social media forums that allow this discussion without using our first amendment rights against us.

Perhaps the only analogy I can come up with is the “juvenile image” subject which I wont mention even in its more common form.

No easy answers for this one, perhaps we can learn from something from other countries as it is apparent that more lives of good people will be lost in the future without change.

The irony of the past weekend is that those who were “terminated” have nothing to do with immigration, most were beyond their reproductive years and generally not a contributor to the replacement theory.

But that is asking for logical thinking from a person filled with hate and incapable of logical thoughts.

I am uncomfortable with the fact that active shooter’s life was spared and I honestly do not feel that a minority would have not been “terminated” as well.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's twice that you mentioned "a problem." Speaking of a problem........highlighting a tragedy where lives were lost and whittling it down to crucify one party from another isn't exactly problem free. And you can continue to post whatever you want and I will continue to point out your bias.

Legend
Legend
jc

replacement theory believers are a bunch of losers. they can get rid of as many minorities as they want, it's not gonna make their crush like them. them women still not gonna date them. Chad's still winning out here

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Swish
jc

replacement theory believers are a bunch of losers. they can get rid of as many minorities as they want, it's not gonna make their crush like them. them women still not gonna date them. Chad's still winning out here

Hey Swish.........I don't follow politics like you guys do. What is the "replacement theory?"

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
jc

Hey Swish.........I don't follow politics like you guys do. What is the "replacement theory?"

Vers, i'm glad you asked. i'll break it down as clearly as i can.

The Great Replacement Theory is a far right conspiracy that claims white americans are being intentionally being replaced with non-white people from other countries, basically a disapproval of America being a melting pot. the people who believe in this try to hide their bigotry behind issues like illegal immigration, however they tend to be against any immigration in general, including eastern European people (who are by american definition 'white'). The conspiracy has gone mainstream for the last year or so, pushed by people like Tucker Carlson, who cherry pick stats like birth rates and census numbers to support the theory.

For example, you are married to a latino woman right? because you're 'white' and she's 'latino', the theory says that the mixing of you two leads to the decline of the white population. or if i'm black and my wife is white, then it our children equals less "white" kids. the people who believe in this nonsense seems to attach culture with race, as if being <insert race> equals inherent social and political beliefs. the people who believe it also tend to be part of what's called the 'incel' community, or red pilled. these are the guys who typically whine about not being able to get women to date them or have sex, and blame minorities, feminism, "high value" white guys (Chad's), and immigration as the reason for them being incels.

The issue with the theory is that the base stats used to support it aren't wrong per say, but the context is bat crap crazy. for example, the 2020 census showed a decline in the white/non-hispanic demographic, and so they use that as a justification for believing in it. the issue is that -as you know - there are plenty of white-hispanic americans who do identify as white, so when added together, still represent the vast majority of the american population.

the 2020 census showed the number of mixed race/multiracial americans went up to 11% of the population. which means that their own theory is stupid, because by their own logic everyone is being replaced. think about it: if a black and white person have a child, doesn't that mean the black population has also declined? if an asian and latino have a child, that means that the asian and latino community declined, or any number of combinations.

basically, despite marketing the country as a melting pot, the people who believe in the great replacement don't want race mixing, they want the races to remain separate. 11% of the population identifying as mixed logically means that we as americans can start considering ourselves an ethnicity, not just a nationality.

it's so much more to it, because the people who believe in it can't even define what "white" or "black" is, nor can they ever seem to define what "white" culture is, so you have this illogical mixture of racial nationalism mixed with political nationalism with the goal post constantly moving.

to drive the point home, there's this white nationalist who is growing in popularity and really pushes the conspiracy. Vers, his name is....Nick Fuentes.

a white nationalist named Nick Fuentes. let that sink it, and that should tell you how stupid that conspiracy is.

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: oobernoober, Versatile Dog
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They don’t want whites becoming a minority. I wonder if their fear is based on how they know minorities are treated in this country? Hmmmmm

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's a great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to explain it so thoroughly. It sounds like a crazy theory. Yet another movement that concentrates on hate, bias, and divisiveness. There was a time not too long ago......maybe 10 years ago or so ...where I thought we were making real progress, but things are getting worse and worse again. It's beyond deflating for an idealist like myself.

Legend
Legend
For half a second, it looked like this would stay friendly ...

LMAO.............this thread was made to throw shade at one side and some of you jumped all over it. Meanwhile, murders that occur far more frequently by the other side are ignored and even justified.

Both "sides" suck. Some of you can't get that through your heads. Instead of trying to mend fences, you burn bridges.

I'm thinking it's time for you to prove your point that more murders are committed by the "OTHER" Side.....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great Replacement Theory embraced by some members of the GOP it seems to me:

https://time.com/5956149/real-history-anglo-saxon/

The idea of an “America First Caucus” seems to have hit a snag. A draft of a policy platform leaked last Friday, revealing that members of Congress, led by Georgia Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, were planning to launch a group united by a “common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ying-embrace-replacement-theory-by-name/

Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz
@TuckerCarlson
is CORRECT about Replacement Theory as he explains what is happening to America.
The ADL is a racist organization.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey Swish......I read your post and just took it as a learning experience. I do want to make a somewhat personal connection to one of your paragraphs, if I may?

The issue with the theory is that the base stats used to support it aren't wrong per say, but the context is bat crap crazy. for example, the 2020 census showed a decline in the white/non-hispanic demographic, and so they use that as a justification for believing in it. the issue is that -as you know - there are plenty of white-hispanic americans who do identify as white, so when added together, still represent the vast majority of the american population.

My wife grew up w/a white man's last name. Dude abandoned the family before it officially began. A real piece of crap. My wife is even older than I am and she faced a lot of discrimination back in the day. However, my wife recently told us that when she was applying for scholarships and then looking for employment later on in anesthesia, she took advantage of that "white" last name and identified herself as "white" on the applications because she feared she would be rejected if she admitted she was Hispanic.

I bring this up because I was hoping we were beyond such prejudice, yet now it seems, there are organized groups out there that want to bring this crap back.

O
Legend
Legend
O
On the subject of due process...

I think I'm on the same page with others when I say that I really don't get how due process has be to such a complicated or drawn out thing in a case like this. This guy is not your common criminal, there nothing nuanced about what he did/didn't do and why. The big risk in 'going medieval on someone's butt' is when you potentially have the wrong person. This guy checked off all the boxes for us.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree, and said so earlier. he is also crazy, like really crazy...something one side usually shows sympathy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No sympathy for the devil from me.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by oobernoober
On the subject of due process...

I think I'm on the same page with others when I say that I really don't get how due process has be to such a complicated or drawn out thing in a case like this. This guy is not your common criminal, there nothing nuanced about what he did/didn't do and why. The big risk in 'going medieval on someone's butt' is when you potentially have the wrong person. This guy checked off all the boxes for us.

I am quoting you for context, not to argue with you specifically.

Let's look at it from a different point of view. Firstly NY state has no death penalty. This means the people have voted for a government that doesn't want a death penalty. Ergo the system should not be using the death penalty in response to a crime because it is obvious that the person is the bad guy.

Next we have the idea that during an active shooter incident, or any other criminal activity, the police see everyone as an issue until they know they are not. This keeps them alive, or is designed to do so. When my sweetie's school had a shooter every student, staff and visitor was required to exit with their hands showing, in a line, and moving slowly. Active shooting incidents are not controlled environments, they don't necessarily have well defined boundaries and entities.

In addition the idea posited upthread that if this guy had been black he would have been dead already. I don't actually believe that but now people want police making this decision when they don't trust the police to make this decision? Police have a procedure they are supposed to follow in regards to lethal use of force, which includes an continued threat. If the suspect gives up and ceases to be a threat then that is outside the allowed use of force. If after giving up the suspect then becomes a threat again that changes the situation. During an event things change, and police are required to reevaluate that and act accordingly.

The above two can become even more of an issue if someone had responded to the threat. If there are calls of shots being fired but one suspect and one person responding how do the police know who is who when showing up? Again, they treat everyone with suspicion until they know otherwise. Someone defending others with their own gun may end up being shot by the police if they "just put the guy down".

I think there is more that can be wrong if due process isn't followed than if it is. In the end this guy, if convicted, will be sent to a state run hotel to live out his days. He may or may not meet jail house justice but the people of NY will get to continue to support him, and that is, in my eyes, a big downside.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I don't disagree with your post on the whole, I think we've seen enough cases where police have broken protocol that has resulted in the deaths of black Americans that I don't think it's hard to understand why many Americans think if the shooter had been black he would have been killed. Not saying he would have. Just saying I do understand that line of thinking.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've heard the term "Legacy Americans" used when promoting the replacement theory, implying immigrants are not part of the Legacy of America. The irony of this guy targeting these specific citizens while citing the replacement theory is that these Americans come from families that have been in America for centuries. Possibly here before his own family.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The irony in the concept of "Legacy Americans" is that the only people that have a legitimate claim to use that term are Native Americans.

The more accurate term would be European Americans of the Caucasian race.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings

Link Copied to Clipboard