Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE

Hopefully we will get rid of that 0.9/10ths of a cent.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
On another note, does anyone know how much money we've given to Ukraine in total? What would happen if we spent that money on the American people instead?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes because we all want Putin to just rout them... wth is wrong with people thinking this way. How about how much we spend in dark unaccounted for money in the MIC? Or the wasted money pumped into the stock market and corp bailouts over the last two decades? I could go on but the whole point you are trying to press is cra-cra ridiculous and TRUMPIAN af.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/19/22 08:59 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
'Operation Fly Formula' to import first batch of baby formula amid shortage

The Department of Defense will be using its contracts with commercial air cargo to transport Nestlé S.A. formula from Switzerland to Indiana and to help speed up the import of infant formula amid a nationwide shortage, the White House said Thursday.

Driving the news: The effort, dubbed Operation Fly Formula, is the latest in a series of steps taken by the Biden administration to address a shortage that is causing panic among millions of parents and caregivers in the U.S.

The details: The Operation Fly Formula shipments will transport the equivalent of up to 1.5 million 8-ounce bottles of three formulas — Alfamino Infant, Alfamino Junior and Gerber Good Start Extensive HA — the White House said.

- These three products are hypoallergenic formulas for children with cow’s milk protein allergy and have been prioritized because they are in short supply in the United States because of the Abbott Sturgis plant closure.
- These shipments will include approximately 246 pallets.
- The DOD is actively working on the request to identify commercial aircraft for the shipments, the White House said.

President Biden on Wednesday invoked the Defense Production Act to address the baby formula shortage, requiring suppliers of formula manufacturers to fulfill orders from those companies before other customers, in an effort to eliminate production bottlenecks.

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/19/operation-fly-formula-import-baby-formula

BTW- The house passed two bills giving FDA funds to increase formula supplies, 192 GOPers voted against it, 12 for it. Obstructionist GOPers don't give a damn about these babies, they are using them for political gain. I wonder if it can clear the Senate... Biden enacted the defense production act, 100% necessary IMO.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/19/22 09:15 PM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
On another note, does anyone know how much money we've given to Ukraine in total? What would happen if we spent that money on the American people instead?

I don't mind the money. I am just not sure the money we allocate is all going to what we think. I just saw that those Howitzers we just sent to Ukraine were just destroyed.

I never thought that was a good idea that was going to last very long..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sounds horrible.

The reality is it is more funding to the FDA who claim they don't have enough inspectors.

Got to blame it on something when it was the "Putin" FDA who caused the problem in the first place. lol

This administration is a train wreck of epic proportions.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
BTW- The house passed two bills giving FDA funds to increase formula supplies, 192 GOPers voted against it, 12 for it. Obstructionist GOPers don't give a damn about these babies, they are using them for political gain. I wonder if it can clear the Senate... Biden enacted the defense production act, 100% necessary IMO.

What else was in those bills?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
More funding and even more inspectors are not going to fix what's wrong here. FDA is stuck probably a good 2 decades in the past in terms of its processes and stuff.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
That is why some people voted no.

It was a bogus bill they knew would get no votes that the Dems could yell about how the repubs were against the children since they know they are the conductors on the train wreck.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
That is why some people voted no.

It was a bogus bill they knew would get no votes that the Dems could yell about how the repubs were against the children since they know they are the conductors on the train wreck.

What was in the bill that you say caused Republicans to vote no?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Some young adults consider moving back home with their parents amid rising rents
Americans in Washington, D.C., New York City weigh in on rising rent prices

https://www.foxnews.com/us/some-young-adults-consider-moving-back-home-parents-amid-rising-rents

Legend
Legend
Is a recession coming? Signs the economy is beginning to crack
Recessions are notoriously difficult to predict, but here are signs of a looming slowdown

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/recession-signs-inflation-rate-hikes

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yes because we all want Putin to just rout them... wth is wrong with people thinking this way. How about how much we spend in dark unaccounted for money in the MIC? Or the wasted money pumped into the stock market and corp bailouts over the last two decades? I could go on but the whole point you are trying to press is cra-cra ridiculous and TRUMPIAN af.

Just saying I disapprove of anything the government does 99.9999999999% of the time. It's not that hard to see their track record when they're 30 trillion dollars in debt.

I don't trust them to walk my dog or dust my coffee table. They're too stupid to accomplish even the simplest task.

I get upset when I see the government wasting money. They're good at spending other people's because it's not their own. I think aid should go to Ukraine, however it's an incredibly important point to look at the amount of aid being given to all countries. Personally I don't think they all need it when we have MASSIVE issues going on in our own country. We need to either stop giving aid to certain regions all together or greatly reduce the dollars and spend it elsewhere.

I care about the country I live in first and foremost which is the United States, not Africa, not Egypt, not Israel, not Iraq, not Ethiopia, etc.

I also have a distain for how easily a bill passes to send billions of dollars to another country but when the American people need some sort of meaningful change then the people in congress (not fit to be dog catchers) sit on their hands instead of working together and getting things done.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 05/21/22 12:12 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Nearly $100 billion stolen in pandemic relief funds, Secret Service says

Nearly $100 billion at minimum has been stolen from COVID-19 relief programs set up to help businesses and people who lost their jobs due to the pandemic, the U.S. Secret Service said Tuesday.

The estimate is based on Secret Service cases and data from the Labor Department and the Small Business Administration, said Roy Dotson, the agency’s national pandemic fraud recovery coordinator, in an interview. The Secret Service didn’t include COVID-19 fraud cases prosecuted by the Justice Department.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...andemic-relief-funds-secret-service-says

Your Government at work!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And this is coming out of Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/us/baby-formula-shortage-biden-flown-us-europe?yptr=yahoo

Baby formula shortage: Biden celebrates as 78,000 pounds of baby formula flown to US
President Biden celebrated the first flight of 'Operation Fly Formula' transporting 78,000 pounds to baby formula to Indianapolis

More than 70,000 pounds of baby formula was flown to Indianapolis, Indiana, Sunday from Europe.

"Folks, I’m excited to tell you that the first flight from Operation Fly Formula is loaded up with more than 70,000 pounds of infant formula and about to land in Indiana," President Biden tweeted Sunday. "Our team is working around the clock to get safe formula to everyone who needs it."

The formula, weighing 78,000 pounds, was being transported by military plane, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters aboard Air Force One as President Joe Biden flew from South Korea to Japan.

The shipment was the first of several flights of formula approved by Biden that are headed to the U.S. from Europe. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was in Indianapolis on Sunday to welcome the baby formula to the U.S.

BABY FORMULA FLIGHTS TO RELIEVE SHORTAGE TO ARRIVE THIS WEEKEND

The White House has said 132 pallets of Nestlé Health Science Alfamino Infant and Alfamino Junior formula was to leave Ramstein Air Base in Germany for the U.S. Another 114 pallets of Gerber Good Start Extensive HA formula were expected to arrive in the coming days.

ABBOTT SAYS IT WILL BE AT LEAST TWO MONTHS BEFORE BABY FORMULA FROM SHUTTERED PLANT HITS SHELVES

"Operation Fly Formula" comes after Biden invoked the Defense Production Act to speed up the production of baby formula after seeing shortages across the country.

The shortage hit the U.S. following supply chain issues related to the pandemic, which was compounded after top baby formula provider, Abbott Laboratories, closed a plant following an FDA probe and recalled some products.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
B
Legend
Legend
B
We are turning in to a 3rd world nation who needs overseas shipments to feed our infants.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
We are turning in to a 3rd world communist nation who needs overseas shipments to feed our infants.

Let's dispense with rationale and facts and context and run screaming for the Hyperbole !! I've fixed your emotive response for you in order to better suit your pattern of posting.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Let's dispense with rationale and facts and context and run screaming for the Hyperbole !!
🤣

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not sure if you are laughing with or at ....

Legend
Legend
Just the matter of fact way you went to the "hyperbole" card. Have you ever read anything OCD has posted... in his life? His posts alone make this place 35% hyperbole! Mostly laughing at the comic relief after catching up on a ton of posts, not trying to be an ass.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/recession-fears-amid-rising-inflation-5873202/

With decades-high inflation and rising oil prices hitting consumer confidence, the recession question has become an increasingly pressing one, according to The Wall Street Journal. The head of the International Monetary Fund said Monday that the global economy was facing "the biggest test since the second world war." Yet, while the IMF suggests downgrades may be likely and some countries would enter recession, it does not "anticipate a global recession." Meanwhile, President Joe Biden is likely to attempt to allay recession fears by stressing low unemployment figures and a strong labor market.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/another-warning-sign-for-the-economy-4794361/

Small businesses are losing confidence in the U.S. economy, with 57% bracing for economic conditions to worsen in the next year, according to a survey. The figure is up from 42% in April and rivals the all-time low recorded in April 2020. Entrepreneurs are wrestling with inflation, supply chain woes, a labor shortage and rising interest rates that are squeezing business. And the grim outlook may be another warning sign for the U.S. economy since small businesses often feel the effects of an economic downturn first, per The Wall Street Journal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/worlds-richest-nation-getting-poorer-5862826/

World's richest nation getting poorer

Tens of millions of Americans are beginning to grapple with the implications of a plummeting stock market, writes The Wall Street Journal. The S&P 500 just registered its seventh week of losses. Countless stocks, bonds and other investment assets are "getting hammered." As the losses mount for even casual investors, families are confronting the helpless feeling of watching investments intended for a car or house downpayment, a child's college tuition or their own retirement slowly sinking each day.

The bruising period has rendered financial industry prognosticators "as lost now as they were when the pandemic recession hit," reports Bloomberg. And JPMorgan Chase estimates at least $5 trillion of collective wealth among Americans has been lost so far this year, a figure that could hit $9 trillion by the conclusion of 2022.

O
Legend
Legend
O
We are turning in to a 3rd world nation who needs overseas shipments to feed our infants.

Should have thought about all of this before putting that jackass Trump in office. And don't even pretend all the crap Biden is being bashed for and having to deal with is not directly correlated. Let's just stop lying about who did what, because Biden isn't stellar and Trump was a total idiot. I don't want either in the oval in 24. But I can't see a single up and comer on either side that inspires confidence going forward. We have trade issues, divides, inflation, shortages, etc. all related to pandemic fallout, Trump's lies, and Biden's slow response. Corporations price gouging, Putin's war in Ukraine, and the constant political infighting, right wing obstruction, Joe Fn Manchin, an overreaching inept dem admin, and everything is just worse than it could or should be. And I don't see anything getting better in the short term no matter who is running things, but I would still take Biden over Trump everytime. Biden over DeSantis/Abbott/Cruz too.

What the country needs right now IMO, is an independent POTUS and a congress that actually works and legislates with compromise between the factions. Pipe dream, I know.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Should have thought about all of this before putting that jackass Trump in office.

IMO, the top reason for this formula crisis is tied to how the FDA goes about its business. That predates both Biden and Trump bigtime (unless you're talking about Biden's Senate career, but I doubt he had any leverage over FDA's policies/processes).

You can certainly wring your hands and stomp your fists about the babies who contracted that bacterial infection, and the subsequent discovery of the same type (but not specific strain) of bacteria at the Sturgis plant... but IMO the real crime here is FDA's bureaucratic policies that keep as-good-or-better formula from the EU off American shelves.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, I can agree with that. And would like to go a step further and say that also should include companies like Abbott, because they probably lobbied for that. Is there a way to fact check it that won't take a decade? idk. My response to peen was about his 3rd world comment, which I also agree that America is feeling more and more like.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
We are turning in to a 3rd world communist nation who needs overseas shipments to feed our infants.

Let's dispense with rationale and facts and context and run screaming for the Hyperbole !! I've fixed your emotive response for you in order to better suit your pattern of posting.

naaa...there are a lot of dictatorships that wouldn't be called communist. They are crap countries too.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V

naaa...there are a lot of dictatorships that wouldn't be called communist. They are crap countries too.

Yeah, I didn't get that one. There is a difference between communist countries and true dictatorships. Think power of the community vs individual power.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Doood. It was a jest. I could have sworn you have referred to all things Democrat Party as Communist for some time ... sure, not all things Dem, but you have bandied that word around A LOT. No?

A
Legend
Legend
A
J/c

The economy.

It's begun its tank. Gas prices. Rolling brown outs predicted. Food prices soaring. Cal is saying with the electric cars they probably can't supply the electricity for charging cars. Charging stations broke. Shortage of baby formula.

What's this admin doing, other than blaming Trump and Russia? nothing.

Housing market will bottom out soon. Many will be upside down, imo.

But, it's all good, right?

We get the "inflation is everywhere" crap.

Nah, I think it's too many lazy ass people that are living off the gov't.

Jobs everywhere. No one to fill them.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, I can agree with that. And would like to go a step further and say that also should include companies like Abbott, because they probably lobbied for that. Is there a way to fact check it that won't take a decade? idk. My response to peen was about his 3rd world comment, which I also agree that America is feeling more and more like.

Preface: this is completely and 100% my opinion as someone who has worked in the med device field (FDA-regulated) for almost 15 years. I don't quite consider myself a regulatory expert, but I think I do know more than the average person.

Big companies definitely do benefit from overzealous regulatory bodies. Yes, the FDA is going to come down hard on Abbott, but IMO that's a small price to pay for the gigantic barriers to entry that these regulatory bodies create with layers of bureaucracy, vague regs, etc. But my view is that's more on the govt/FDA itself than it is companies influencing its inner workings. I dunno... maybe food and pharma are way different than med device, but I see these regulatory bodies exerting more and more oversight over products that many times they really don't understand. If the big corps really had that much influence, they'd be telling the FDA to buzz off, at least they pulled their head out of their butt. Instead, regulations are only getting more demanding/cumbersome.

The big regulatory bodies also don't talk to each other. Only now has the FDA and the EU begun to START TALKING ABOUT harmonizing their standards for med device.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I believe I already explained to you on the last page how there came to be only 3 companies who are making formula that is paid for by WIC and how WIC accounts for 2/3 of all purchases of baby formula.

A
Legend
Legend
A
WIC accounts for 2/3's of baby formula purchases? This country got trouble.

M
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/19/baby-formula-shortage-federal-contracts-00033581

Looks like it's about 50%.

"About half of all babies born in the U.S. qualify for WIC, which serves low-income families. "

I would say we are in trouble yes - but my take might be different than yours. I think we're in trouble because half the babies born are born into what constitutes low-income households. To me that's trouble.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.vox.com/2018/7/29/17627134/income-inequality-chart

Interesting comparison of bottom 50% of income earners in the US vs EU.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I see that, but that is not a POOR thing, wic is available for families up to like 80K based on the number of children. Add that to so many younger people NOT getting married and having children, the mothers income is the qualifier. Based on the age range most people have kids in and those two things alone, I can see 2/3s. Last I looked it was pretty damn expensive too.

EDIT: It's not as easy as I thought but still a wide range. Based on this, I'm very skeptical of that 2/3s number. I wonder what percentage of kids go to college overall? Education could explain that 2/3s number somewhat, with non college kids earning faster but much less.

odh.ohio.gov/know-our-programs/women-infants-children/resources/ohio-wic-program-eligibility

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/23/22 09:02 PM.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/19/baby-formula-shortage-federal-contracts-00033581

"About half of all babies born in the U.S. qualify for WIC, which serves low-income families. "

I would say we are in trouble yes - but my take might be different than yours. I think we're in trouble because half the babies born are born into what constitutes low-income households. To me that's trouble.

We should definitely do away with the abortion option. We could easily get that number up around 75%. (Purple)

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

We should definitely do away with the abortion option. We could easily get that number up around 75%. (Purple)

Probably not. Many of the people on assistance want more children because it brings more money.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Probably not. Many of the people on assistance want more children because it brings more money.

Yep - every man and woman in America wants to live poor and below the poverty line just so long as it's free.

2 members like this: OldColdDawg, PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well we know it’s not the group of people that use abortion as birth control. You know, that LARGE sect of people.

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Sigh…the economy

Link Copied to Clipboard