Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1946547 05/24/22 09:10 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There could be some changes after June 1st or before camp starts.

But for the most part I think the roster is set. Clowney was kinda of the final piece.

The big question of course is what will be done regarding Watson? We don't know that.

As you start to look around this is the time when everybody starts predicting wins and loses. In the case of the Browns it is pretty hard to figure that.

I looked a little at Brissett. IMO if Brissett were to play the entire year. The Browns would be close to a 500 team. A eight or nine win team.

We have a good enough defense and enough weapons on offense to accomplish that with the type of qb Brissett is. In fact he may surprise us because of the offense we have. He will not be expected to be exceptional. He can execute the basics and the team has the talent to play at that level.

You can never factor injury because it is random. So, you figure injury will happen and you look at depth. This is probably the deepest team we have had since the late 80's.

If DW plays nine or more games. We should be a playoff team.

I do not believe you can look into the playoffs till the regular season is over.

I am a believer in Berry and Stefanski. It is my hope they remain in place for a long time. I believe that when you have good people. They will get through tough times. Sometimes changes have to be made. But I am not big on firing guys. I think Tomlin and Harbaugh are both excellent coaches. I applaud the owners sticking with them. IMO it is necessary to do that for long term success. There will be ups and downs. It does not always mean you fire your head coach when things don't go well for a season.

It is my hope that the NFL will make a decision on DW sooner than later. However, this is a first time with this decision structure. So, I don't have a guess to what will happen.

No matter what does. The Browns will be a fun team to watch. We have plenty of guys on this team who are really good players.

bonefish #1946550 05/24/22 09:21 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
The important thing is keep the OL intact even with Brisset as the starter. Combo of our Defense and Running game should have our team at 10 wins regardless of the QB. To be under 10 as in last season we would have to have serious injuries on the defensive Line as well as OL

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1946575 05/24/22 11:59 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I admire the optimism of you guys^ but I just can't get myself there. Our LT is suspect our RT is coming off a serious injury and our pass-catchers are not special - with the possible exception of Cooper. Even with Cooper, we need A LOT of offensive guys to take a leap and no injuries as well. Watson very well may be able to make these guys "better" IF he gets to play.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I can understand skepticism with regards to the OL.

Conklin is good "when healthy." But he has been hurt often. Wills has the talent but is not consistent. We are starting a new center.

I can't say I agree about the receivers. Cooper is a proven vet. DPJ has gotten better every year. Last year Baker was a handicap. It was the rookie year for Schwartz. He got a serious concussion and missed games. When he did play the offense was a mess. Bell is a rookie this year.

Njoku and Bryant are both receiver type TE's. Our backs can catch the ball.

Adding Watson or Brissett to this offense. We will score points.

On defense in 2020 the Browns were second in the NFL in the least yards per play. That is an important stat.

We have a talented roster. That does not always translate to wins but it sure helps.

bonefish #1946610 05/24/22 01:14 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I like DPJ's story...but he'd be WR4 for the Bengals. Cooper and Tee Higgins would be similar WR2s. Schwartz would be a gadget guy...likely the last WR to make that team...I like everything about Bell's production but he's a rookie. Njoku needs to become something he's never been...Bryant was unnoticeable for most of last year (like him too)...and Watson must play or the moves and $$$ spent this off-season were for naught. We need sooooooo many things to fall/pan-out just right. I will continue to hope that your optimism is warranted. thumbsup

bonefish #1946619 05/24/22 01:49 PM
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by bonefish
I can understand skepticism with regards to the OL.

Conklin is good "when healthy." But he has been hurt often. Wills has the talent but is not consistent. We are starting a new center.

I can't say I agree about the receivers. Cooper is a proven vet. DPJ has gotten better every year. Last year Baker was a handicap. It was the rookie year for Schwartz. He got a serious concussion and missed games. When he did play the offense was a mess. Bell is a rookie this year.

Adding Watson or Brissett to this offense. We will score points.

On defense in 2020 the Browns were second in the NFL in the least yards per play. That is an important stat.

We have a talented roster. That does not always translate to wins but it sure helps.

Wasn't Wills injured (ankle IIRC) very early in the season last year but played through it for a significant number of games? My memory isn't the best and it may have been just a couple, but it felt like a lot.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes he did injure his ankle. Did it hurt him all year? Hard to say.

I am basing my comment on a interview I saw with Joe Thomas. Joe basically said Wills has the ability but he needs to learn that you have to be good with your technique on every play.

Wills is still a very young guy who is learning the ropes of the NFL. He has an excellent coach.

To be great it takes total commitment all year. Some guys need to learn that and learn what it means in preparation.

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
bonefish #1946644 05/24/22 02:55 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
My recollection is Wills was playing through this injury all year and it affected him significantly. Hoping for a big bounce back.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
bonefish #1946666 05/24/22 03:38 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I am optomistic about Wills. He had to make the transition from RT.

LT is a tough position to play. You go against some great athletes. You are going to get beat at times. You have to get back up and figure out how to beat your man.

Offensive linemen man I give those guys credit. They do not get much glory and they get pounded on.

I guess I like Teller because you can see him take it out on some guys. It is not a position I could have ever played. 180 lbs would never cut it.

Those dudes are monsters. I could throw it and catch it that was my skill set.

When I see guys like Myles and what they can do. It is truly amazing. I remember a play where Myles took an angle on Lamar. You could see Lamar make a business decision. I am getting out of bounds. Myles can go man. He is really fast. Guys like him and Aaron Donald. They are truly scary.

bonefish #1946667 05/24/22 03:42 PM
Legend
Legend

I kept reading this, waiting to come to the part where you reinforced your belief that our receivers aren't a gigantic unknown and potential liability, and I came away thinking that you're really just talking yourself into that notion.

There is Amari Cooper and a LOT of question marks and inconsistencies. That's it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
mgh888 #1946669 05/24/22 03:45 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
My recollection is Wills was playing through this injury all year and it affected him significantly. Hoping for a big bounce back.

Correct. He injured it either Week 1 or 2, I believe, and it hampered him badly for much of the next several weeks. He was in and out constantly the first several weeks after it, but eventually got to where he was able to stay on the field.
How much it was still an issue after the Bye, however, is unknown. By that point, Conklin was gone for the year, Hubbard was long gone, and we were rotating scrubs at RT, so almost anything Wills did at LT looked pretty decent by comparison.

Browns is the Browns

bonefish #1946671 05/24/22 03:52 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think our OL is one of the best in football. They were ranked #1 by PFF in 2020. They slipped to 8th last year and that is w/the injuries to both tackles. 888 is correct in that Wills ankle was an ongoing issue. I do have some concern about replacing Tretter. I also think our qb will not make the OL look as bad as in the past, although Watson can hold on to the ball too long, at times.

I agree w/Purp about the WRs. I'd be okay w/the question marks had we kept Landry or signed a solid vet for our #2 WR. Watson can elevate guys, but we really don't know what we are going to get w/Bell, DPJ, and Schwartz. Of the three, I think Schwartz is the farthest away from being a consistent performer. I could be wrong about that. Just a feeling. His hands bother me.

We now have an elite qb. I think almost everyone who analyzes the game for a living has him in the top 7 and many have him higher.

Our RBs are elite.

TEs are okay. Nothing great. Not terrible.

The Edge rushers are very good. Retaining Clowney was huge.

I'm a bit concerned w/the DTs. Hoping we bring in a Suh or Hicks.

I'm good w/our LBers.

Our corners are excellent.

Safeties are okay.

Overall, while I have some concerns, especially at WR #2 and DT, I think this is a really good roster.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I kept reading this, waiting to come to the part where you reinforced your belief that our receivers aren't a gigantic unknown and potential liability, and I came away thinking that you're really just talking yourself into that notion.

There is Amari Cooper and a LOT of question marks and inconsistencies. That's it.

It wasn't special last year either...not even close.

Shoot...take a look at these WRs from 2020. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2020_roster.htm Landry was essentially our #1 with Higgins as our #2.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO Cooper, DPJ, Njoku and Bryant are not question marks.

They have been in the league and have a track record. There talent level is is on tape.

What is unknown is how they will work with DW. And how his talent will impact their production.

From what I have read the coaches are high on Schwartz. That is unknown and must be proven.

I think if we look at Watson as the quarterback, and imagine him with our offense and with our current receivers.

I think we will be fine. I like what I see of Bell. I think DPJ will thrive with DW.

I am not crazy about the depth. That is something that I think Berry will pay close attention to.

If he sees a need or questions the group. He will make a move. We have players to trade if necessary.

I guess in the end you have to believe in Berry.

bonefish #1946680 05/24/22 04:27 PM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think now the Browns have a borderline playoff caliber roster.
I'm kind befuddled though that in a league where offenses are
Built around QB WR TEs, the Browns go away from That
Method and really well stocked at RB but not WR

The Browns oline is good. But what 2021 taught me was
Having a top 8 oline guarantees nothing.
Willis is good but he needs to be great. Conklin needs to be great

I felt the Browns didnt do enough at WR in the off season
They are putting their faith in 2 guys (DPJ Schwartz)
Who really didn't do much in college
And now they are expecting them to make that huge leap
In the NFL.? If Cooper goes down , then what ?
Bell could surprise but can he seperate at this level right out
The gate ? Alot of Big 10 WRs struggle in their rookie years
Ohio St WRs are the exception

The Browns D has alot of fast guys who can cover
All areas of the field. I think their depth at LB could be
A issue though

1 member likes this: AZBrown
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/a lot of what you said, but we don't "need" either of our tackles to be great. I think people really haven't been able to comprehend how Baker compromised those around him. Besides, if healthy, Conklin is great. One of the best RTs in the league. Wills can be average. We have the best guard tandem in the league.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I would still like to sign Akiem Hicks.

We have 3 technique guys. I would like Hicks for 1/2 technique. There will be times we will need a guy like him to hold down the middle.

Hicks in a rotation IMO would be a good thing.

I also would like to sign Will Fuller. I doubt we will. But I want that depth. Fuller has missed a lot of games.

But when he does play. He is productive. He has played with DW. If Cooper got hurt it would sure be nice to have Fuller.

These types of moves could still happen.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

It wasn't special last year either...not even close.

Shoot...take a look at these WRs from 2020. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2020_roster.htm Landry was essentially our #1 with Higgins as our #2.

I completely agree.
On paper, in preseason, it looked alright, but OBj was a no-show and Landry, who was now our best WR, was hirt.... and the rest is a year long record of what everything behind Amari Cooper can do.... nothing special.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
Can we concentrate on this year? I disagree w/the quality of our receivers last year, but if we get into a back and forth, it will just ruin this thread.

bonefish #1946710 05/24/22 07:42 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Its an open forum; the conversation goes where it goes.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think if we can get another DT, LB and WR our roster should be in good shape to make the playoffs and make a good run. Of course that is predicated on DW playing and a minimum of injuries. There always are many variables and some luck involved.

T
Legend
Legend
T
No roster can make a playoffs. ... Rosters' don't, make playoffs.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Can we concentrate on this year? I disagree w/the quality of our receivers last year, but if we get into a back and forth, it will just ruin this thread.

You concentrate on whomever you want, it wasn't a reply to you. And you are free to disagree on the receivers all you want, it's just your opinion. I will say that the difference between last year and this year isn't significant, most of the names are unchanged and this year is probably better in reality. Neither is/was anything special or worthy of getting excited about. Every single name was far more hype tweets and potential than actual performance, and I'm not expecting too much better from them this year.

Browns is the Browns

bonefish #1946768 05/24/22 11:42 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Honestly, I think we over-analyzed weaknesses.

Yes, DTs may not be the best. But, having Garrett and Clowney on the ends, Taven as a 1-tech gap filler, Winfrey the inside pass rusher, and Winovich as your standup edger rusher makes things a little interesting. If my math still works, that's a five-man defensive front against five offensive linemen. With JOK at the Mike, that makes six. Hmm, that means Joe Woods can play three corners Ward, Greedy, and Newsome plus two safeties Johnson and Delpit. OK, I want to watch the offense that runs over this defense.

On offense, I agree the receivers are a little average. Again, let's look at the whole picture. Assuming the OL is top 10. You have the best running back group in the league. That leaves the QB, receivers, and tight ends. If you are the opposing team, what scheme can the Browns not run effectively 11-personnel, 12-personnel, or 21-personnel? Play the role of the defensive coordinator and you are game planning against Cleveland's offense. Of the four QB, running back, receiver, and tight end groups are you shutting down to concentrate on stopping the other? Again, I want to watch the defense that shuts Cleveland's offense down.

I'm not saying Cleveland has the best of the best. I'm simply saying I want to watch teams shut Cleveland down. If Cleveland doesn't stop themselves, I want to see the team that beats Cleveland. Don't get me wrong there are teams. I simply believe the list is small.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Wait...what? In your post before this one ^ you stated this: " I think people really haven't been able to comprehend how Baker compromised those around him."

V
Legend
Legend
V

You concentrate on whomever you want, it wasn't a reply to you. And you are free to disagree on the receivers all you want, it's just your opinion. I will say that the difference between last year and this year isn't significant, most of the names are unchanged and this year is probably better in reality. Neither is/was anything special or worthy of getting excited about. Every single name was far more hype tweets and potential than actual performance, and I'm not expecting too much better from them this year.

Okay. In my opinion...........I wish we still had OBJ and Landry and would far prefer them above Cooper and whomever becomes our #2 this year. I think combining those two [a healthy OBJ, not the one who is still recovering from his latest injury] w/Watson would be dynamic and give us a better chance at winning.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Conklin is excellent when available...he has an injury "history"...last year he started only (7) games...he did not finish (2) of those (7). Wills is still young but he struggled last year...he missed (4) games...I don't know how many games he couldn't finish. Hance played in (17) games last year...starting in (8)...but he's a G. Hudson played in (12) games starting (4). Hubbard played in (1) game...after leaving with injuries early in the year before. The OL was dinged more than it wasn't. For '22, we are banking on Conkliln to get & stay healthy, banking on Wills to improve, banking on Hubbard to stay healthy and banking on Hudson to not simply spectate as the DE runs to crush our QB. Oh...and we have a new C (who I think will be quite good). Lots to like this year...lots of things need to fall juuuuuust right.

I don't like looking into another new season with such mediocrity in our pass-catchers. Perhaps Watson makes them better...but Watson can't do it all by himself...if he's even available to play...and if our starting OTs combine for another (14) missed starts...well...you know.

bonefish #1946785 05/25/22 07:43 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Health is always a huge concern. Having Hubbard back should help if one of our OTs goes down. It's hard to predict how healthy a team will be, though.

I think our roster is good enough to be a legitimate contender for winning the North and even the conference. I also think the AFC is a much stronger than the NFC. In my opinion, it comes down on whether or not Watson is available to play. I think we have a real shot of being in contention to winning it all. If he misses a ton of time, we have absolutely no shot.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I will say that the difference between last year and this year isn't significant, most of the names are unchanged and this year is probably better in reality.

I'm not really sure how you came to this conclusion, especially if it's without the benefit of hindsight (since we're talking about how we perceive our WR room going into pre-season). At this time last year we were looking at a healthy and motivated OBJ (which, IMO, ended up not being the case) and Landry. Those 2 alone were/are HUGE holes.

I will say one thing.... the guys that they now have in the WR room are "KS's guys". OBJ and Landry, even with all the talent they brought to the table, were selected for a different coach/system. Perhaps the current guys being better suited to their roles can close some of the gap, but IMO there's a big difference between last year and this one.

Schwartz was a bit of a dud last year. Maybe he can bounce back strong but I kinda doubt it. I'm a big DPJ fan, but it looks like his ceiling is 'excellent #2', and you still need to factor in a bit of potential to put him there. Cooper is a known quantity, as is Njoku... but there's still a question of how successful Njoku can be given the (assumed) increase in looks he's going to get.
It seems like we're going to rely heavily on Bell. IMO, relying on a rookie WR is not a great sign.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
OBJ was present, but he was never *REALLY* here. I completely discount his presence as he basically just occupied a roster spot. Beyond that, I wasn't talking pre-season speculation when I wrote that, but instead what the reality of that room actually was. We had THOUGHT and HOPED and EXPECTED that OBJ would be OBJ, but it was still unknown and unclear to us that OBJ just wanted OBJ to be in LA and not CLE.

We swapped Landry for Amari.
We changed Higgins to Bell.

Other than that, it's the same room. The absence of the one is the same as the presence of the one. Amari for Landry is a change. Bell for Higgins is still just as unknown as Higgins ever was. We have the same boat, different paint job.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: oobernoober
bonefish #1947463 05/28/22 06:04 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
4 players, I will mostly miss on the Browns in 22.
Javonte Moffatt,
Rashard Higgins
JC Tretter
Malcolm Smith.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
eotab #1947474 05/29/22 05:49 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by eotab
The important thing is keep the OL intact even with Brisset as the starter. Combo of our Defense and Running game should have our team at 10 wins regardless of the QB. To be under 10 as in last season we would have to have serious injuries on the defensive Line as well as OL

jmho

I agree but am not sure how deep we might be there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
bonefish #1947477 05/29/22 07:52 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The 2022 Browns roster overall is one of the best we have had. Of course the big question is the DW and the decision on a suspension.

The two biggest questions is how does the DT's shake out and perform? Sheldon Day, Togiai, Taven Bryan, Jordan Elliott, and Perrion Winfrey.

The other question is the overall depth of the receivers?

Cooper, DPJ, Schwartz, Ja'Marcus Bradley, David Bell, Jakeem Grant, Michael Woods.

We know what we have in Cooper and DPJ. The rest of the receivers we don't really know. Jakeem Grant is a ST teams guy and he will really help there. He has proven himself as a returner. He is a receiver and may have some plays because of what he can do in a open field.

Schwartz, Bradley, Bell and Woods we have to see what they can do. The coaching staff believes in Schwartz. He had injuries last year. He didn't stand out when he played. However, we had a dysfuctional offense last season. Judging Schwartz from that is not fair. What Schwartz ends up doing will have significant meaning.

Bradley is a guy we have hung onto. He is a young player. Berry likes him enough to have him on a talented roster. His camp this year will define his place on the roster or not.

Bell and Woods are rookies. Bell was a productive player in a competitive program. There are high expectations for him. Woods is a late round prospect.

Other than DT and receiver. The roster is set and proven. We have more proven good players on this team than maybe we have ever had.

Myles, DW, Chubb, Hunt, Cooper, Clowney, JOK, Delpit, Ward, Newsome, JJ, Teller, Bitonio, Conklin, Wills, Njoku. All these players were high draft picks and have proven themselves in the NFL. The rest of the roster has solid depth guys with some starting experience.

Again this is a damn good roster.

bonefish #1947478 05/29/22 08:15 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree, it is a very good roster, and some of the moves we have made look like we have probably improved the bottom of the roster as well.

My concern on the Oline is how well Harris or whoever plays taking over for Treeter. I am also concerned at OT. I think we are fairly weak behind Wills and Conklin. Both have had some injury concern, especially Conklin. While i agree with you that injury is hard to predict, a player aging and starting to break down isn't hard to predict and i think we have been seeing that with Conk. There is a good chance beyond random he will miss 5-8 games. I hope Hudson is ready to go.

I only mentioned O-line because it isn't one of the positions everybody worries about. It is also the hardest position group of the 3 to scheme around if guys get hurt. At least without crippling your TE group and having to keep them in as blockers on passing downs.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1947484 05/29/22 08:43 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hubbard is back this year.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Ballpeen #1947485 05/29/22 08:57 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tretter was a good center. But they have been prepping Harris for a couple years and he will be between to great guards. They brought in Pocic who has experience.

Depth at tackle is good. Hubbard is an experienced backup at two positions. Hudson was a rookie last season and got some starts. He improved with playing time. Bitonio has played tackle. Hance can play tackle if needed.

I feel better about OL depth than I have in the past.

In addition JMO but the offense will play at a faster overall pace which helps linemen.

Berry never stops looking for ways to improve. Guys like Hance that he has brought in. Players who show something from somewhere are brought in and looked at. Berry is always trolling for guys. We have brought in a bunch UDFA's. Ya never know what you will find.

The big thing is the number of really good core players on a roster has never been higher in memory. Even with Brissett as the qb we have a good team. The defense will be good. There is enough talent on offense that average qb play will not sink this team.

IMO worst case I see a 500 team.

bonefish #1947486 05/29/22 09:07 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

The OL doesn't concern me. In fact, I think it is a huge strength and it's our best overall unit. I know PFF isn't the end-all, be-all......but our OL was ranked #1 by them in 2020. Last year, despite the injuries, our OL was still ranked 8th overall. In theory, we should be healthier this year. The center situation is something to monitor because of the line calls, but we should be okay.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I like Hubbard a lot as a backup...and it sounds as if he's a great guy to be around. He is the oldest (31) player on the roster other than Hughlett @ 32. He was out for the remainder of the season (injured) late in '20 (dislocated kneecap surgery) and early in '21 (triceps surgery).

I don't think 31 is "old" for most OL...but surgeries at 30 & 31...in back-to-back seasons...makes me nervous. One can't predict it (injuries) nor let it keep you from retaining a quality player...but there HAS to be some concern there. Hudson has a loooong way to go...but they seem to like him. Like most teams, if our starting OTs stay relatively healthy, Hubbard - and even Hudson - may be just fine.

Sticking with the OL for a minute: We should see Wills, Bitonio, Harris, Teller, Conklin as starters with Hubbard, Hudson the backup OTs. That leaves 2-3 spots for a slew of other guys...many of whom have proven to be pretty-good backups - Hance & Dunn specifically. We have a ridiculous number of backup IOL and even Hubbard can play inside at that.

After his one-game (?) stint at LT last year, I think Bitonio is - by far - the best backup LT we have...as a matter of fact, I think he's a better LT than Wills. We all know Bitonio is a terrific LG...but man...if he was our starting LT, we'd have Wills as our #1 backup (or our starting RT where he probably belongs). Replacing Bitonio at LG won't be easy or as equitable...but we have a lot of guys who could compete for that starting LG spot.

The OL competition in camp should be interesting.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
That is a really good post.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Sticking with the OL for a minute: We should see Wills, Bitonio, Harris, Teller, Conklin as starters with Hubbard, Hudson the backup OTs. That leaves 2-3 spots for a slew of other guys...many of whom have proven to be pretty-good backups - Hance & Dunn specifically. We have a ridiculous number of backup IOL and even Hubbard can play inside at that.

One player I'd like to point out as depth or competition to Harris if he struggles is Ethan Pocic. I think he graded out decently overall at PFF and wouldn't be surprised if he is considered a better pass pro guy than run blocker but maybe someone has PFF stats that break down the two further. I read something about his time in SEA last year that he had the most snaps where he didn't give up a sack or have a penalty among their OL. Not sure how that equates to the entire NFL, but I thought it was notable. I believe he lined up at guard as well in his NFL career and believe took reps at tackle too, so there is position flexibility, if necessary.

It ranks towards the bottom of position battles for me (if one even wants to call it that) but I'm curious to see Harris this offseason and how he transitions (presumably) to be the starting C heading into camp.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Roster

Link Copied to Clipboard