Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
DeShaun Watson doesnt have to talk to lead a team
He let's his play on the field speak for him.
Total opposite of Baker
In theory - 100%. And in theory based on what he has done so far in his career he should be a top 5 QB.

As I have said elsewhere - Imma gonna wait before I get too hopeful.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jacksondawg
Deshaun 1 win in 5 years
Playoff rating below 90 in 3 games.
Deshaun has lost to luck and mahomes.
Deshaun has a 500 win percentage in are division
He will not win 1 Playoff game in the next 2 years.

I assume you're talking playoff wins. That's the same as Baker. And he only actually played 4 of those years

Watson's rating was actually above 90 in 2 of 3 games and his average for all three was 91. Watson's 121 rating against Buffalo was better than Baker's 115 against Pitt. His rating against KC was 95.7 to Baker's 74.6. Watson can't do anything about his defense giving up 51 points to Mahomes.

What QB didn't lose to Luck and Mahomes?

Baker is, guess what, 11-11 against the AFC North. That's .500, too. Watson had a winning record in his division, and winning your division is a surefire way to the playoffs.

However many games Watson wins, playoffs or otherwise, I'm guessing it will be more than Baker. With the legal uncertainty you may be right about the next 2 years and injuries can happen. However, I expect he'll end up with more career playoff wins than Baker.

Random note: Watson is actually half a year younger than Baker.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Deshaun 1 win in 5 years

Comparing the talent of Watson and Mayfield is a joke. Baker is a good QB, but doesn't have half the athleticism and talent Watson has. It's not even close. These stats you are displaying are a joke. He was one of the highest rated QBs every year he played. Mayfield was the QB that played in the playoffs, but it was not Mayfield who put us in the playoffs. He was carried by an incredible running game, and a weak schedule. Watson was playing on a team with a horrible running game and a bad defence.

If I was a betting man, I would take the odds that Watson leads us to, and wins playoff games. QBs don't lose to the other QB, they are beat by the other team. Has Mayfield, "beat" Mahommes?

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
You all are confusing on the field talent with character and class. DW has talent no doubt about it. All this garbage about Baker not having talent is just that garbage. The deal is done the Browns made their decision all I'm saying is Shame on them making the decision and it has nothing to do with Baker it all has to do with DW. I tried to keep an open mind. My Brown buddies kept telling me root for the Browns not the new QB. I'm sorry I cannot separate the two. The QB position is so dynamic about the team. When I say we made a mistake. I'm could care less about the prowess of Baker the kid is no where as bad as the bashing he's getting. Its not rocket science that he had an injury that required surgery and rehab he also has 18 mil guaranteed which at this stage of the game nobody is going to make a deal not cause Baker has no game but simply it would be Stoopid to do so. Obviously the Browns are painted in a corner and those are all waiting for him to be released and then go for him. Its pretty easy. All of you who are vindicating your opinion that he is a bust because nobody will trade for him right now just quite frankly DO NOT KNOW what they are talking about.

My point is the Browns made a dangerous move I can care less how many other teams supposedly wanted him - how bout this fact...nobody signed DW but us...NOBODY. You can say many teams wanted him...sure they wanted his talent but not the garbage. Our mistake is not the talent I think we could have won with Baker but so be it that is not my problem. My problem is this kid DW might have some serious mental issues. Usually guys in this position are repeaters in their deeds. The fact that he thinks he does not have a problem and does not need COUNSELING...my goodness he fills in all the blanks for a Sick dude. Kid is smart and is not a punk. Looks clean, talks clean, but is he clean??? Fact is you are probably talking about Baker or Brissett not DW cause that is who we are going to be playing at QB unless the NFL has thrown all their morals away. I tried to go with an open mind and I did. But I read and educated myself on his accusers and I''m sorry to say I believe them and not DW's I didn't do any wrong. He doesn't know what wrong is evidently.

And just for the record show of hands on how many of you MADE the TRADE. Not a one of you so I don't blame you all for possibly the dumbest move in the HISTORY of the NFL. As stated I blame the Browns organization - Haslams, Berry and Stefanski.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
No one is forcing you or anyone else to root for the Browns. If you are so disgusted w/Watson and team, move on. Rooting for a team isn't an indication of character, so I don't think anyone has the right to blame another person for choosing to no longer rooting for a particular team. It's free will. The only thing I don't like is that there are some who seemingly want others to share in their disdain and misery. What is the point of trying to make others miserable?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
What is the point of trying to make others miserable?

How is stating his personal beliefs and feelings on the topic "trying to make others miserable"? It's not. You keep making these false statements and refuse to address it any time someone questions you about it.

And the beat goes on....

Here's what you keep avoiding to address.... Your claim is that only Baker lovers speak out against Watson's behavior. When the fact is obvious that only Baker haters would fail to admit that Baker led us to our first playoff appearance and playoff victory in what seems like forever and ignore how much his injury hampered him in 2021.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
T
Legend
Legend
T
Deshaun 1 win in 5 years
What will Kevin Stefanski, and the other offensive coaches have to say about that?

I think: The Browns, have (as much or) more of a, The coaches can't get the most out of their players problem
as they do have a
Deshaun Watson will play bad on the field problem.

Where is KS, in the group of best to worst head coaches in the NFL, and what does KS have to do differently for the Browns to get back to the playoffs, and how likely is he to do it, consider doing it, or be forced to do it? Or is it a greater (it's a conglomeration of the whole analytics bunch and KS himself isn't even in position to be allowed to do it because they do everything by committee) kind of problem.

We only need to go back to the mid to late time of last season, to see and hear discussions that the Browns gameplanning/playcalling was going to be holding back the offense, (specifically passing to wideouts) for as long as they stick with this group of coaches.

So, the way I see it,
They brought back Clowney, Garrett is still here, They spent 230 million on Deshaun, Both Running backs are coming back,
The (ownership) got rid of both sides of the headache of the Ub--to--#I pass catcher problem,

When, (not if, because. Browns) but, WHEN, this offense doesn't work, again, who is left to take the blame?
i.e.
Where does the real pressure lie?

and then, if the Ownership can't become hands off, and the HC takes the fall, where is the organization going to be next year?
Back at s'uare one with a new head coach and a new line of make believe, and everyone a year older.

So, to avoid that, the HC has to have a personality change imo. Turn into Mr. hated hard (hat), and immediately; to get the most out of this team.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by eotab
You all are confusing on the field talent with character and class. DW has talent no doubt about it. All this garbage about Baker not having talent is just that garbage. The deal is done the Browns made their decision all I'm saying is Shame on them making the decision and it has nothing to do with Baker it all has to do with DW. I tried to keep an open mind. My Brown buddies kept telling me root for the Browns not the new QB. I'm sorry I cannot separate the two. The QB position is so dynamic about the team. When I say we made a mistake. I'm could care less about the prowess of Baker the kid is no where as bad as the bashing he's getting. Its not rocket science that he had an injury that required surgery and rehab he also has 18 mil guaranteed which at this stage of the game nobody is going to make a deal not cause Baker has no game but simply it would be Stoopid to do so. Obviously the Browns are painted in a corner and those are all waiting for him to be released and then go for him. Its pretty easy. All of you who are vindicating your opinion that he is a bust because nobody will trade for him right now just quite frankly DO NOT KNOW what they are talking about.

My point is the Browns made a dangerous move I can care less how many other teams supposedly wanted him - how bout this fact...nobody signed DW but us...NOBODY. You can say many teams wanted him...sure they wanted his talent but not the garbage. Our mistake is not the talent I think we could have won with Baker but so be it that is not my problem. My problem is this kid DW might have some serious mental issues. Usually guys in this position are repeaters in their deeds. The fact that he thinks he does not have a problem and does not need COUNSELING...my goodness he fills in all the blanks for a Sick dude. Kid is smart and is not a punk. Looks clean, talks clean, but is he clean??? Fact is you are probably talking about Baker or Brissett not DW cause that is who we are going to be playing at QB unless the NFL has thrown all their morals away. I tried to go with an open mind and I did. But I read and educated myself on his accusers and I''m sorry to say I believe them and not DW's I didn't do any wrong. He doesn't know what wrong is evidently.

And just for the record show of hands on how many of you MADE the TRADE. Not a one of you so I don't blame you all for possibly the dumbest move in the HISTORY of the NFL. As stated I blame the Browns organization - Haslams, Berry and Stefanski.

I understand a lot of your points. I am waiting for at least a few of would civil cases but it will likely leave me a bit uneasy if the serious DW allegations come out as true. I feel like I will always be a Browns fan. I f I felt necessary to abstain if I was so offended, I would just not watch the NFL. I couldn't make myself care for another team even close to as much as the Browns.

Legend
Legend
class?

you talking about the guy with the police tape, arrest record, getting a bj behind a Cheesecake Factory, and ditching his team on the last game of the season, right? thats the guy you consider having character and class?

yall dudes are funny.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Swish
class?

you talking about the guy with the police tape, arrest record, getting a bj behind a Cheesecake Factory, and ditching his team on the last game of the season, right? thats the guy you consider having character and class?

yall dudes are funny.

Man, I must be out of the loop. How did I miss out on the Cheesecake Factory dessert story?

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Excellent point.
Deshaun will not get 3 wins against Burrows in a row.
3rd point Deshaun' will never win 13 games in this division
With a better Browns team

Last point Deshaun's won 11 games with a defense that gave up
Lest then 20 points a game.
Questions does Deshaun put 50 on Pittsburgh yes or no.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
class?

yall dudes are funny.
Baker has had more than that one occurrence behind the Cheescake Factory
When the Browns said they need a adult At QB , it was a series
Of incidents that the front office has learned about

Legend
Legend

What's the source of this info? The only one I know about is the girl that claimed on twitter that this happened. My wife has been asking me to take her to the Cheesecake factory. Maybe I'll oblige.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by jfanent

What's the source of this info? The only one I know about is the girl that claimed on twitter that this happened. My wife has been asking me to take her to the Cheesecake factory. Maybe I'll oblige.

I think it has to be someone other than your wife.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I generally don't overly hate a restaurant, but, I asked myself why I didn't go back, never really wanted to go back to the one time I remember trying the cheesecake factory restaurant nearly 25 years ago? (went first and last time)
What I remember from the cheesecake factory.
The food was bad, The menu was bad, I couldn't find anything on the menu, there was too much.
The seating was bad, I mean, the seating, we were on the outside of an arch in an aisle where people customers and staff were constantly walking behind us.
The table was bad, we couldn't see, or hear the people at our own table, partly do to the height of the chairs and table and fric a frac on the table, and partly due to the outside of an arch seating.
The temperature was bad, the wait was not good, to get seated, iirc, it may have been our very first experience with those, plastic alarms that light up and they make you hold, and therefore, we were never sure if it had gone off in this tremendously long wait to get seated, about 40 minutes.
The service was bad, if it existed at all, I don't remember ever seeing anyone check up to see if your food or drinks were alright at all,
which, ordinarlilly may be ok, if you are conviently seated in a properly partially secluded table, but this was distracting
I remember people saying they have 40 kinds of cheesecake, but, I'm not a fan of cheesecake, just tolerate it, but the other food, the food we did eat, wasn't good. And it was overpriced.
And to wait 40 minutes to get a table, you'd think the table would be more comfortable than a seat on a city bus, but with so many people walking behind you every 5 seconds, and crowded in so you had to make room for them about, how could anyone possibly enjoy their time at that meal.
Restaurants would be good to learn one thing. That of the top I0 things that make a great restaurant, as many as 5 of them may be the seat. The seat, the seating, the temperature, the proximity to the table and other tables, the height of the booth headboard/backboard, the amount of nonsense candles and chaneliers hanging in your face at the seat, and the lighting.
If they can't get those right, they can scarcely be expected to get the food right, (beginning with the bread, oh MAN if they would understand the bread is about the most important food item at a steakhouse. Because you are going to order the steak you like, but the bread is universal and restaurant specific. They ought to offer 40 kinds of bread rolls, not 40 kinds of cheesecake.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
When the Browns said they need a adult At QB , it was a series
Of incidents that the front office has learned about
So you are somehow Oalified to speak for the Browns front office now?

1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Excellent point.
Deshaun will not get 3 wins against Burrows in a row.
3rd point Deshaun' will never win 13 games in this division
With a better Browns team

Last point Deshaun's won 11 games with a defense that gave up
Lest then 20 points a game.
Questions does Deshaun put 50 on Pittsburgh yes or no.

If Watson gets 215 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs like Baker did the first matchup of 2020, beating Burrow three times in a row shouldn't be an issue.
Never say never. We'll see. Seasons are long and injuries/weird things happen. Pittsburgh will have a new QB, it'll be interesting to see how the Ravens respond to last year's adversity, and the Bengals could be due for some regression.

Pittsburgh will probably have a more run oriented offense with a new QB, so the games with them will probably be lower scoring. They're also unlikely to implode as spectacularly as they did in the playoffs

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My wife has been asking me to take her to the Cheesecake factory. Maybe I'll oblige.

She say anything about where you park ?

Front or back ?

V
Legend
Legend
V

There was one other claim on social media, but it went away quickly. I won't slander Baker for the claim[s.] It's he said vs she-said. There is no proof.

I did. LMAO off at your comment about taking your wife to the Cheesecake Factory, though.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
class?

yall dudes are funny.

Man, I must be out of the loop. How did I miss out on the Cheesecake Factory dessert story?

and let me makes this clear. if it happen, it doesn't even matter in the big picture. athletes cheat. surprise.

but please my fellow DT brothers and sisters, leave the words 'character' and 'class' out when discussing baker mayfield. because they do not belong anywhere in the same sentence together.

unless its this sentence: "Baker has no class and low character".

oh yea, and i already know some of yall are gonna go "who knows if she's telling the truth, it's just an accusation".

remember that the next time you post in the watson thread.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
class?

yall dudes are funny.

A college kid got drunk and arrested...oh the horror.

A man gets a bj from a woman who is so NOT offended by it that she goes public with her story with a smile on her face.

A man plays all but 1.3 games with a destroyed, non-throwing shoulder...many fans claim HE was so selfish to fill out the lineup card with HIS name on it because he should have shut-it-down...NOW...it's that same man who "ditched" his team for the last, meaningless game of the season.

You wanna talk about funny?

E
Legend
Legend
E
No one is forcing you or anyone else to root for the Browns. If you are so disgusted w/Watson and team, move on. Rooting for a team isn't an indication of character, so I don't think anyone has the right to blame another person for choosing to no longer rooting for a particular team. It's free will. The only thing I don't like is that there are some who seemingly want others to share in their disdain and misery. What is the point of trying to make others miserable?

How dare you tell me how to root for my team. I am not of your character where you TAKE YOUR BALL and go home. That is how you root for a team and your character which is now breaching its ugly head. I'm not making anyone miserable...that deed has already been done. We always had fun stating Big Ben as the rapist and Ray Lewis the murderer. Now it is us with the problem. There is no wanting to share disdain it is already here we cannot take it away. If you are proud of the Browns leadership and QB go right ahead. But why all this hate on Baker you want nobody to show disgust on DW and for no apparent reason (planting the flag on the OSU mid field) Grow up! Everyone must post what you want. Everyone must root for their team the way you want. Btw there is no moving on for me. Its the Cleveland Browns or NOBODY ELSE for me. I'm at the age where I don't got much...my Browns are one of them and I don't like seeing them ruined. Who are you to tell me if I don't like it MOVE ON. No if I don't like it I will continue to say so. If I was younger I would be starting a MARCH saying so. I know several young men who love their NFL football are thinking of some kind of Protest. How bad is that. This isn't about Baker who didn't do anything tainted for this team to turn on him. They have decided to move on so be it, that is the NFL history. But this is to do with character never exhibited before and you stand there and say hey get lost buddy. I have no morals And this is good for our team and its great history!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
You completely misinterpreted my post. I was not telling you how to root for your team. I was saying I wouldn't hold it against anyone for not rooting for the team. And I was not saying you were making anyone miserable, but there are those that are doing so.

With that said......I could care less about the flag plant. It's stupid to even think so. And I don't appreciate your insults.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
class?

yall dudes are funny.

A man gets a bj from a woman who is so NOT offended by it that she goes public with her story with a smile on her face.

A man plays all but 1.3 games with a destroyed, non-throwing shoulder...many fans claim HE was so selfish to fill out the lineup card with HIS name on it because he should have shut-it-down...NOW...it's that same man who "ditched" his team for the last, meaningless game of the season.

yea, imma talk about funny. you're making excuses for his low character left and right.

and i can't stop you from doing it. but i can certainly laugh at your attempts to downplay baker's character issues and lack of class.

and i'll repeat, this has nothing to do with baker the QB and his talent (or lack thereof). just dont try and tell me that he is a high character guy, because that's false.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by eotab

How dare you tell me how to root for my team. I am not of your character where you TAKE YOUR BALL and go home. That is how you root for a team and your character which is now breaching its ugly head. I'm not making anyone miserable...that deed has already been done. We always had fun stating Big Ben as the rapist and Ray Lewis the murderer. Now it is us with the problem. There is no wanting to share disdain it is already here we cannot take it away. If you are proud of the Browns leadership and QB go right ahead. But why all this hate on Baker you want nobody to show disgust on DW and for no apparent reason (planting the flag on the OSU mid field) Grow up! Everyone must post what you want. Everyone must root for their team the way you want. Btw there is no moving on for me. Its the Cleveland Browns or NOBODY ELSE for me. I'm at the age where I don't got much...my Browns are one of them and I don't like seeing them ruined. Who are you to tell me if I don't like it MOVE ON. No if I don't like it I will continue to say so. If I was younger I would be starting a MARCH saying so. I know several young men who love their NFL football are thinking of some kind of Protest. How bad is that. This isn't about Baker who didn't do anything tainted for this team to turn on him. They have decided to move on so be it, that is the NFL history. But this is to do with character never exhibited before and you stand there and say hey get lost buddy. I have no morals And this is good for our team and its great history!

??? you and others told me to go root for baltimore since i was a fan of lamar jackson. but now all of a sudden, nobody can tell you how to root for this team?

lmao this tuesday is starting off gloriously.

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
class?

yall dudes are funny.

yea, imma talk about funny. you're making excuses for his low character left and right.

and i can't stop you from doing it. but i can certainly laugh at your attempts to downplay baker's character issues and lack of class.

and i'll repeat, this has nothing to do with baker the QB and his talent (or lack thereof). just dont try and tell me that he is a high character guy, because that's false.

Where did I ever state that Baker is some sort of high-character guy? I don't know the man. You however threw out awfully weak reasons to state why YOU think he is a low-character guy.

I just called you out on your BS examples and all you got as a retort was some point that I was never trying to make in the first place.

Legend
Legend
my comments were in response to Tab's claims. you're the one who decided to jump in. and that's fine its a message board.

but since you decided to push back, it shouldn't be surprising that it appears that you agree with Tab on Baker mayfield having a high character.

cause if not, what's your problem with my factual post on the evidence of Baker's low character?

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I find it funny none of the Baker Fan Club is willing to
Call him out cheating on his wife which is very wrong
In itself.
Baker's mIstress comes off more credible than those
2 women on the HBO Special
Baker has commitment issues.
He can't stay faithful to his wife.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I find it funny none of the Baker Fan Club is willing to
Call him out cheating on his wife which is very wrong
In itself.
Baker has commitment issues.
He can't stay faithful to his wife.

I am not a Baker fan, but we don't know if the women's claims are true. Also, a lot of people cheat on their spouses. I don't like it, but it's not a crime.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
but please my fellow DT brothers and sisters, leave the words 'character' and 'class' out when discussing baker mayfield. because they do not belong anywhere in the same sentence together.

unless its this sentence: "Baker has no class and low character".

Woah... you're gonna have to help me catch up on this one. No class? I get he's immature with the 'disrespected' stuff and his couple times he's stepped out of line in terms of dealing with teammates issues in PCs (ex. "some just do this for the paycheck")... but there's a huge difference between immature and no class.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

rofl She really does. She was pretty sure of herself and spontaneous with her responses.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So, let me get this straight - you're calling out Mayfield's character with this:.

Baker is accused of cheating on his wife - scum bucket and very wrong.
Watson gets accused by 24 women of sexual assault with 22 filing civil action - innocent until proven guilty.

Baker has been accused of not being faithful to his wife - commitment issues
Watson has been with 42 women or more and accused of attempting to force sex with many and admitting 3 questioned consensual acts and counting at this time after stating he has a girlfriend so he doesn't look at women that way -A committed individual with class

A single woman (who's now being classified as his mistress) details an alleged oral affair - credible
Two women tell their similar alleged sexual abuse story to HBO that was very similar as the other 20 alleged victim's complaints - not credible

College kid drunk and arrested - questionable character and class
Pro football player accused of sexually assaulting 24 women - Looks clean, talks clean, a leader of men

The Browns said they need an adult at QB - it was a series of incidents that the front office has learned about
The Browns want an upgrade with character and class-- the Browns sign a player to 230M guaranteed that has a series of 24 alleged complaints of sexual abuse against him that the FO already knew ahead of time but he's an adult

If Baker is of questionable high character and class - what the hell is Watson?

It's a joke to question Mayfield's character to Watson's even if both instances are alleged.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
my comments were in response to Tab's claims. you're the one who decided to jump in. and that's fine its a message board.

but since you decided to push back, it shouldn't be surprising that it appears that you agree with Tab on Baker mayfield having a high character.

cause if not, what's your problem with my factual post on the evidence of Baker's low character?

Keep digging...maybe his wife is ok with him getting a bj from another woman (didn't bother Hillary and you probably voted for her)...no one seems to be complaining....the FACT is...you have zero clue as to Baker's character...yet that doesn't stop you...again. I don't have any idea whether he is a high or low character guy...so I don't spout off about it one way or the other. Your examples are still BS. Maybe you should ask Nick Chubb what he thinks about Baker.

Google Baker Mayfield charity work. I'd say that will put a few more checks in the "Good" column than a drunken college student and a consensual hummer in the "Bad" column. He's got his issues...but making up crap needs to be called out.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

One could google Watson's charity work, too. You might be surprised.

With that said........these character attacks really don't fit well with "Pure Football." In the past, these types of topics were moved to the Tailgate forum. I know that I don't have a say on this and the decision has already been rendered, but I can bring it up to keep some clarity about the situation.

There have been a ton of bad character guys in the history of sports. But, they were allowed to play and many were ultra successful. What's important is how the player is viewed in the locker room, on the practice field, and in games. It matters to his teammates. That's what is important in relation to Pure Football. I have my opinion on which of the two players will be more respected and believed in by the Brown's players and coaches. I don't even think it's close.

Some can't separate things or are unwilling to do so due to built-in bias. Some can say "dude is a piece of crap, but he can sure ball." Take Kobe Bryant for example. Ty Cobb. Wilt. Sean Kemp. The Babe. Mike Tyson. It's a damn long list.

One more thing in regards to a recent post. I never once called Big Ben a rapist or Ray Lewis a murderer. Not one freaking time. I don't know all the facts of the cases and I don't make such strong negative comments when I am not sure of the truth.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, consensual sex is the same thing. Get that BS outta here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
"He was such a nice neighbor. Went to church every week and worked with charities. It's hard to imagine he would sexually assault all those women."

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Keep digging...maybe his wife is ok with him getting a bj from another woman

I thought about this angle too as relationships have various dynamics to them and it could have been one of those situations for one reason or another. However, if this were the case, don't you think he wouldn't have to go to a Cheesecake Factory parking lot to do so? Meaning, there could have been a more convenient location if his wife was cool with it?

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I want follow up a bit on my previous post where I was talking about separating one's character in regards to a human being in society versus a player on a football team and my point that I never once called Big Ben a rapist or Ray Lewis a murderer.

I'll deal w/the latter part first. I haven't trashed Baker for his reported affairs. I have no idea if they are true or not. I also don't see how it has anything to do w/his play on the field and how the players and coaches on the Browns view him as a teammate and leader.

What I do find important in a Pure Football sense is whether or not other players view Baker and how they view Watson. Who has more respect in the locker room? On the practice field? During games, especially during crunch time? Baker's mouth has not done him any favors w/players across the league. He has some supporters, but he has called too many guys out and the "not wanting to win" comment was such a huge blunder. On the other hand, I think Watson is respected as a player and teammate. I think he puts the work in. I don't think he makes excuses. I think he performs under pressure. I think he a quiet, calm guy who leads by example. I think he is a far superior player than Baker.

Thus, from a Pure Football perspective, I'm very happy that we have made this move. I understand that these are my opinions, but I am very comfortable w/what I said.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With that said......I could care less about the flag plant. It's stupid to even think so.

It's surprising how much mileage people are getting out of that flag plant. Like you, it never bothered me. But when someone does not like Baker as a QB, the only possible reason is because of the flag plant. There is absolutely no other reason why one would not be a Mayfield fan.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum More Baker... the slow trek to the end

Link Copied to Clipboard