Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
This is what I'm starting to wonder.

There has to be an "out" somewhere in this contract as the poop keeps getting deeper.

Our GM talks about "the most extensive investigation he's ever seen" the coach talks about a "five month odyssey"... along those lines of "due diligence" another gets crossed:

"DeShaun, are you telling us everything... and I mean everything? We can only make these guarantees based on the information you're telling us being accurate and complete, I want you to be sure we're not leaving any stone unturned."

At this point, it seems either our due diligence sucks or DeShaun hasn't been completely honest (read: LIED). You can't just "forget" about the most egregious case of the bunch.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by FATE
This is what I'm starting to wonder.

There has to be an "out" somewhere in this contract as the poop keeps getting deeper.

Our GM talks about "the most extensive investigation he's ever seen" the coach talks about a "five month odyssey"... along those lines of "due diligence" another gets crossed:

"DeShaun, are you telling us everything... and I mean everything? We can only make these guarantees based on the information you're telling us being accurate and complete, I want you to be sure we're not leaving any stone unturned."

At this point, it seems either our due diligence sucks or DeShaun hasn't been completely honest (read: LIED). You can't just "forget" about the most egregious case of the bunch.

I'd wager it's going to be a bit of both, but a further concern is if DW didn't remember a 24th he won't have remembered a 25th, etc.

Legend
Legend
Ok. But I do not think he has handled himself very well.

Legend
Legend
Well, the "happy ending" comment was just plain stupid. Other than that I can't think of anything that has been that bad. It's got to be very tough position to be in... civil cases with bearing on NFL punishment, NFL punishment with bearing on clients biggest interest and an NFL team's desires. Client probably wavering between settling and continuing to profess his "innocence"... with that "wavering" having a direct impact on the other parties. Basically, "too much @ss in one room".

V
Legend
Legend
V
I haven't followed the details of the case like some of you, so this might be a dumb question........but, where did these massages take place? Watson's home? A hotel room? A business?

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 06/07/22 09:47 AM.
Legend
Legend
I don't recall hearing any took place at Watson's home. Many took place at therapists homes, as well as hotels and business locations.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have never visited such businesses, so this might be a dumb question, but......do the businesses have cameras in the rooms in order to help protect their workers?

Legend
Legend
Cameras are illegal.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I have never visited such businesses, so this might be a dumb question, but......do the businesses have cameras in the rooms in order to help protect their workers?

No, that would be a invasion of privacy unless it was expressly indicated.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks. I was hoping that proof could be provided one way or the other.

Legend
Legend
That's one of the problems with the industry. Cameras are prohibited to protect the privacy of the clients but have an adverse effect on those providing the service. One of the ongoing statements by those in the industry was the fact that they basically have to "put up with creeps" because there is little recourse with no actual evidence.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't sure because it seems creepy to have a camera rolling during such an intimate practice. Not sure that is the right way to phrase massages. I have never had a massage from anyone other than my wife. I don't go to massage parlors or even the spa to have one. On the other hand, it seems like the businesses would want to protect their employees.

I was just hoping that they did have cameras and end all the speculation. All the speculative comments are old.

Legend
Legend
That's one of the problems with the industry. Cameras are prohibited to protect the privacy of the clients but have an adverse effect on those providing the service. One of the ongoing statements by those in the industry was the fact that they basically have to "put up with creeps" because there is little recourse with no actual evidence.

and what we're seeing with this case (these cases) is exactly what happens silently every day. You can't get something to a criminal case without good (or at least even mediocre) evidence, so the behavior is never checked as every case is *always* your word against theirs. This is why indictment rates are so low and conviction rates are lower. It's an uphill battle and many DA's, who need solid win records for re-elections, won't be too enthusiastic about pursuing them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
LOL.........no, sorry. You didn't call anyone names. I was referring to the gang over on the other forum where that is a common practice.

Yet another lie.

#notavictim

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
I don't recall hearing any took place at Watson's home. Many took place at therapists homes, as well as hotels and business locations.

If I recall correctly the Texans had someone that was booking Watson's sessions due to some issue. The women complaining, or at least some of them, were not booked by the Texans contact but outside of the normal process for some reason.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by LexDawg

If I recall correctly the Texans had someone that was booking Watson's sessions due to some issue. The women complaining, or at least some of them, were not booked by the Texans contact but outside of the normal process for some reason.
I remember reading that and thinking "the reason" was probably Watson not getting what he wanted, and not wanting the team to know what we was asking for.

This whole "massage" industry closely resembles prostitution in a lot of respects (and NO, I'm not comparing the therapists to prostitutes, I'm talking about how business is done). Many of the clients come from referrals or "bosses" who book sessions and charge a fee of about 30%. Complain out loud about a client? You get blacklisted. The basic language is "honey, you know there is not much we can do about the creepy stuff". The person who referred Watson to Solis (first to come forward) told her "you can call the police, they won't do much; you can notify the team -- they won't do anything either". Basically, "suck it up, buttercup, this is the life you chose". Do a good job and put up with the b.s.? Plenty of referrals... complain and go hungry. Go off the grid and book by yourself through IG or other social media, you open yourself up even more danger and uncertainty.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Albert Breer says the NFL's discovery deadline in Watson case is June 30th.

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1534233024774041600

V
Legend
Legend
V
Things are definitely getting ugly. When I read the news of the 24th lawsuit, I immediately said something about how the courts would deal w/that particular case. I knew how some people would deal w/it. The details seemed really out there and then this came so late when someone was maybe thinking there is a good chance to make some money. I just wonder how the courts will deal w/her credibility.

Perhaps there is a reason this came as a surprise to the NFL and maybe the Browns?

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hate to say it but being a devoted Browns fan since 1967 I've seen a lot of bad luck and dark clouds hovering over this franchise. I can't help but think this situation with DW is going to blow up in our faces at least in the short term. By short term I mean a possible 1 year suspension. I'm not a lawyer, I don't have any inside info with these cases but what I do have is that funny sinking feeling in my gut that I've had many times over the last 50 + years dealing with my Browns. I think we all know that feeling.

Legend
Legend
I tried three times to send you a PM bro, but they all said your PM box was full.
OBJ wanted out of Cleveland so bad that he was free lancing his routes. Sure the posts his Dad made him look open.... he was open because he ran his own damn routes, not the ones that the coaching staff set up. He screwed his own team for the sake of his own personal gain. OBJ can rot in hell,. He treated the browns ten times worse than Baker ever did.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: mac
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The NY Times weighs in with a long, comprehensive report. Worth reading, IMO.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll see about cleaning up my message box or whatever it's called.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by GMdawg
I tried three times to send you a PM bro, but they all said your PM box was full.
OBJ wanted out of Cleveland so bad that he was free lancing his routes. Sure the posts his Dad made him look open.... he was open because he ran his own damn routes, not the ones that the coaching staff set up. He screwed his own team for the sake of his own personal gain. OBJ can rot in hell,. He treated the browns ten times worse than Baker ever did.

GM - I've seen this reported. Are you confirming this from a position of knowledge?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
There's an OBJ thread in Pure Football.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
The Browns would still lose the boatload of picks they traded for him.

That would be a very Browns thing to do ...... banghead

Agreed - only way we do that is if he gets suspended by the league for multiple years... which they won't do... why would we move on from him after giving up that much draft capital? dumb article...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Need to start making it a standard that a therapist is not alone with a client in a compromising situation... When I was a treating therapist there was no way I was going to help a female patient into the rest room in the hospital without a second person... not because I physically needed the help, but I wanted a witness in case I got accused of something inappropriate...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
A
Legend
Legend
A
I understand that, and agree.

But maybe the patient should have one of their own witnesses as well.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

and what we're seeing with this case (these cases) is exactly what happens silently every day. You can't get something to a criminal case without good (or at least even mediocre) evidence, so the behavior is never checked as every case is *always* your word against theirs. This is why indictment rates are so low and conviction rates are lower. It's an uphill battle and many DA's, who need solid win records for re-elections, won't be too enthusiastic about pursuing them.

Not to mention a low conviction rate reeks of false prosecution.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888

GM - I've seen this reported. Are you confirming this from a position of knowledge?

YES

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mgh888

YES

Thanks. I always believed it to be true. But never used it to try and defend Baker because of how unsubstantiated I felt the report to be. Brings a whole new meaning to a video promoting how wide open he was and how crap Baker is... Used to bash one player and also get a release. Makes OBJ an even bigger POS. No wonder Baker wasn't looking his way. I guess he felt it didn't matter where he lined up either if he wasn't running the designed routes.

Additionally, for all the Baker is a mental midget bashing that goes on.... Baker didn't say a peep even though OBJ and OBJs dad made the guy look like a 3rd string QB with that hatchet job video.

And posters want him back, give him a free pass while saying Baker's bum shoulder and broken humerus didn't affect him much. Smh

Last edited by mgh888; 06/08/22 09:25 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

REVEALED: Browns' Deshaun Watson 'met at least 66 women for massages over 17-month span and the Texans provided him with NDA after one therapist threatened to expose his sexual misconduct'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...men-massages-17-month-span.html#comments

Legend
Legend
The team provided an NDA?

One has to wonder now if that is why so many others have opted to say/do nothing.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
The team provided an NDA?

One has to wonder now if that is why so many others have opted to say/do nothing.

From the NYT report...

Help From the Texans

Days later, when Watson went to work at the Texans’ stadium, he found an N.D.A. in his locker. He later said in a deposition that Brent Naccara, a former Secret Service agent who is the Texans’ director of security, put it there after Watson told him about Smith’s Instagram posts.

Watson began taking the N.D.A. to massages that same week, giving one to the woman in Manvel, who signed it, and another to a woman who said in her lawsuit that she ended the session after he suggested a sexual act. Watson told her she had to sign in order for him to pay, so she did, according to her filing. Watson said in a deposition that he used this N.D.A. only for massage appointments because he had lawyers and agents who handled his other business.

It’s unclear whether the Texans knew how many massages Watson was getting or who was providing them. But their resources helped support his massage habit away from the team. Watson acknowledged in a deposition that the Texans arranged for him to have “a place” at The Houstonian. He used the fitness club, dined there and also set up massages in hotel rooms.

At least seven women met him at the hotel for appointments, according to interviews and records, including two who filed civil lawsuits and two who complained to police.

The Texans weren’t aware of the massage appointments at the hotel “that I know of,” Watson said. He also said that his access to the property was not under his name. One woman who gave Watson a massage at The Houstonian said she was told the room was registered to a member of the Texans’ training staff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

Legend
Legend
Definitely not enough smoke there to hold the Texans accountable for anything. For all they know he just likes to have "relations" with different women and provided a place for his escapades. Again, as more info surfaces and a timeline is built, it may be evident there should have been signs. But it's not their job to babysit -- he's an adult. There would have to be evidence along the timeline that they team itself was getting complaints from women of sexual harassment for this to be anything more than a small part of a complex story.

Legend
Legend
Not enough for that, but probably well more than enough to absolutely destroy the defense claim of him not seeking these massages for sexual relations purposes.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
The details seemed really out there and then this came so late when someone was maybe thinking there is a good chance to make some money. I just wonder how the courts will deal w/her credibility.

And people wonder why victims are slow to, and often times never come forward. #victimshaming

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it makes it look like watson will be the one with the credibility issue here. From his deposition....

Q: Did you find her attractive?

A: That wasn’t my intention, sir.

Q: I didn’t ask you what your intentions were.

A: I can’t answer that. I have a girlfriend, so that wasn’t my intention, sir.

Q: So you can’t answer that because you have a girlfriend?

A: Because that’s not what I was looking for.

Q: What did you want from her?

A: Just a massage.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-leaked-from-deshaun-watson-deposition/

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Deshaun Watson Legal Issues

Link Copied to Clipboard