Legend
V

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am so ready for this season to start.

2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My last post on this thread was on page 2. I haven't read every post going forward from there so if this has already been discussed somebody just point me to those posts. I saw a brief mention that during OTAs Chubb and Hunt were in the backfield together. That would be a significant change of philosophy in terms of their utilization. If that's true it could also be part of why Ford was drafted. If Hubb, ( I don't like Chunt) are taking reps together then another running-back in rotation with Johnson could be the reason for his selection.

FrankZ #1947510 05/29/22 12:03 PM
Legend
Legend
Between now and training camp it is really slow.

June and July very little happens.

Time to do other things and put all this on the back burner.

B
Legend
Legend
B
June anyway. Camp opens in July.

June is vacation month for the coaches for the most part.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
[video:youtube]
[/video]

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1948179 06/02/22 10:21 AM
Legend
Legend
[video:youtube]
[/video]

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1948188 06/02/22 10:58 AM
Legend
Legend
The Watson thread is closed.

OTA's, camps coming.

It is my hope that the NFL makes a ruling on DW. I want to know one way or the other. There has been plenty of time to investigate.

Make a ruling so we can move on. I am ok with what is decided no matter what. I just want to know so we can prepare for the season.

Hopefully a decision is imminent.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish

OTA's, camps coming.

It is my hope that the NFL makes a ruling on DW. I want to know one way or the other. There has been plenty of time to investigate.

Make a ruling so we can move on. I am ok with what is decided no matter what. I just want to know so we can prepare for the season.

I agree, but the NFL isn't going to do us any favors.

That isn't to say they are going to dilly dally to put us in a jam.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by bonefish

OTA's, camps coming.

I agree, but the NFL isn't going to do us any favors.

That isn't to say they are going to dilly dally to put us in a jam.

Sorry to do this - but we have a member who is going round and asking posters to stay on topic. I find it annoying because I think organic conversation leads to more interesting and natural conversations. But in keeping with the idea of only talking about the title of a thread - it's clear we need another DW thread opened because these two posts - while entirely reasonable and solid posts - are about DW and his impact on our ability to play football and plan for the season.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Pdawg #1948210 06/02/22 11:57 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thanks for the videos, Pdawg. Can't wait for the season to start. I did make four observations of note from that first vidoe.

1. Cooper's footwork in the drill where he was changing directions was very impressive. Very tight. No wasted movements. Very precise. Much cleaner than the guy who followed him. I think it was Schwartz?

2. Myles is so fluid. Great bend. Stays low. Great feet for such a large man. And the power of his hands was impressive.

3. Watson displayed nice agility and footwork. Athletic and smooth feet.

4. It's hard not to notice just how athletic Njoku is. He looked like a WR out there. Very fluid. Hoping for a big year from him.

Legend
Legend
Yes, that was Schwartz, and I thought the same thing. Your post pretty much sums up my entire thoughts on those vids.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: GMdawg, FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

3 members like this: GMdawg, SuperBrown, AZBrown
A
Legend
Legend
A
We're going to be needing him, in a big way.

O
Legend
Legend
O
With it looking like we will have no QB, he will be our MVP. And the cycle continues.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/09/22 12:19 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
With it looking like we will have no QB, he will be our MVP. And the cycle continues.

He probably would have anyway.

As for QB, assuming Warson is out for the year, or even for good, we will have a QB. How good is the question...lol

I actually think Brissett will be OK. In some ways having a QB like Brissett isn't bad, especially since we have a running game we can lean on. We just added Bell who should be good in the short to intermediate range. That makes it easier, or maybe I should say clearer for how Stefanski game plans the O. I don't see any reason why Brissett can't be a top 15 QB, which with our running game and D should be good enough to win enough games to be a playoff team.

Yes, I say that knowing that what I hope can happen and what actually happens might be two different things.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't think Brissett can be a top 15 qb, but I do think he won't turn the ball over as much as Baker so we won't have to limit our scheme as much and I also think he will handle himself in a far more responsible and professional manner than Baker did.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And the Baker bashing continues. With all the issues facing the team of which Mayfield has nothing to do with, let's make sure that we get in our Mayfield hits comparing him to Brissett now.

So, let's jump out there and compare:

2017, Brissett is the starter for the Colts. His record was 4-11 with 3098 passing yards, 58.8% completion pct, 13 TD's and 7 INT's.
2019, Brissett is the starter for the Colts. His record was 7-8 with 2942 passing yards, 60.9% completion pct, 18 TD's and 6 INT's.
Totals: 30 games as a F/T starter, 11-19 record .366, 6040 passing yards (201.3 per game), 59.8 completion pct, 31 TD's and 13 INT's
Career: 2 comebacks, 3 game winning drives

2020, Mayfield is the starter for the Browns. His record was 11-5 with 3563 passing yards, 62.8 completion pct, 26TD's and 8 INT's.
2021, Mayfield is the starter for the Browns. His record was 6-8 with 3010 passing yards, 60.5 completion pct, 17 TD's and 13 INT's in a year where he was injured for 12 1/2 of the 4 games he played in.
Totals: 30 games as a F/T starter, 17-13 record .566, 6573 passing yards (219.1 per game) 58.4 completion pct, 43 TD's and 21 INT's.
Career: 6 comebacks, 7 game winning drives

Everything considered, if Brissett is a top 15 QB in your eyes then Mayfield is a top 10 or better in comparison. Stefanski's scheme will have to be more limited and BS with your constant claims of Mayfield not handling himself in a responsible or professional manner after such heavy support of Watson. Mayfield is the poster child for acting in a responsible and professional manner compared to Watson so give it a rest.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I said that I did not think Brissett was a top 15 qb. Why do you Baker fans insist on telling lies to make your point?

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I don't think Brissett can be a top 15 qb, but I do think he won't turn the ball over as much as Baker so we won't have to limit our scheme as much and I also think he will handle himself in a far more responsible and professional manner than Baker did.

Dude, you are slinging some deep crap right now, lol

Brisset is hot garbage. His ceiling is Baker's floor and I don't even see how anything contrary is remotely defensible.

I mean, if you really want and need to lie to yourself and believe that Brisset is better than Baker, and the team is better off with Brisset , then go for it, but it still doesn't make it true.

Also, I propose that Brisset be referred to as Basset because we're Dawgs, but he's about as ferocious as a Basset Hound.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I mean, if you really want and need to lie to yourself and believe that Brisset is better than Baker, and the team is better off with Brisset , then go for it, but it still doesn't make it true.

I didn't say Brissett is better than Baker.

You might say that I am slinging crap, but in the end, the Browns are choosing Jacoby over Baker. Baker has already been excused from TC because according to the team, it was a mutual decision and best for both parties.

Legend
Legend
You didn't say it directly, but you absolutely insinuated it.
Yes, they have made that choice, but it's because they blew up any bridge there was with Baker with the "we want an adult" comment, not because Basset is a better option.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Please do not use the word "absolutely" when you are speaking of my intentions. I absolutely know what I meant much more-so than you do. Give your own take on the situation and allow me to give mine. Thanks.

Legend
Legend
I absolutely will use the word absolutely whenever I see fit.
You, for some insane reason, as stated above, clearly believe Basset is a better QB than Baker. That's your right, but it doesn't make it any less absurd or immune from being called out.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Dude, you are slinging some deep crap right now, lol

Brisset is hot garbage. His ceiling is Baker's floor and I don't even see how anything contrary is remotely defensible.

Also, I propose that Brisset be referred to as Basset because we're Dawgs, but he's about as ferocious as a Basset Hound.

Why are you being mean to Vers? You know his persistent bashing of Baker should go unchallenged. And if you do question him about it, you will be considered as evil, mean or classless. Haven't you figured out how this works yet?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Okay, and I will absolutely call you out on when you are absolutely wrong. I did not say or imply that JB was a better QB than Baker. You are just absolutely butt hurt that Baker absolutely is on his way out of town.

P
Legend
Legend
P

So how is this not saying Brissett is better? Talking out both sides of your mouth isn't working for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Okay, and I will absolutely call you out on when you are absolutely wrong. I did not say or imply that JB was a better QB than Baker. You are just absolutely butt hurt that Baker absolutely is on his way out of town.

Feel free to disagree with people as much as you want. That's what we do here, despite you claiming it is a personal attack when people do it with you.

And, nope, I don't care that Baker is on his way out. I'm annoyed with this franchise in How they did it, and with Whom they chose for it, but in the end he's just another QB in the carousel, just like Basset and Watson will be. And, you absolutely, most definitely made the insinuation that Basset is better and anyone that knows anything about anything knows there is no way that holds any water at all.

Browns is the Browns

C
Legend
Legend
C
*Brissett

cfrs15 #1949596 06/09/22 01:39 PM
Legend
Legend
Dawgs.... Basset. As ferocious and feared as Basset Hound.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
but in the end, the Browns are choosing Jacoby over Baker.

The insinuation was Brissett is better than Baker. You don't "limit the offense" with a better QB.

And then there is this statement that completely ignores and lacks any context to the situation with the Browns, Watson and Baker. smh

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Okay, I will be more clear as to what I believe about the two QBs.

I think Baker is one of the best 32 qbs in the league. I don't think Brissett is as good of a qb as Baker. I hope that is clear enough.

I tried to list one positive from JB's game and said I did not think he would turn it over as much which might help Stefanski w/his play calling. However, that is just an opinion and he may turn it over even more. I don't think so, but anything is possible.

I then added something along the lines that believe JB will be more responsible and professional than Baker. That does not make him a better qb, but it sure helps the team and organization to have less drama.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There’s a Baker bickering session in every thread now?

I think we can all agree on a few things…

He’s likely never going to play for us again.
It was handled very badly by the browns.
It was handled at least pretty poorly by baker as well.
Some maintain a glimmer of hope that both sides will suck it up in the face of an inevitably long Watson suspension but that remains very unlikely.
When he’s healthy he’s better than Brissett, undoubtedly, but more drama.
Whether you liked him before or not is kind of irrelevant at this point. It is what it is.
Brissett is probably the rock chucker game 1. Probably game 17.

I’m the immortal words of Chris Rock…. Let it goooooo.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
There’s a Baker bickering session in every thread now?

I'm pretty sure we're just a day or two from the high gas prices being Baker's fault

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
j/c:

Mark Twain had a very famous saying about what's going on here.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Two times a year, I love it when you can go to the OTA and Training camp thread because it's a great place to hear info, (that's hard to find) about who's doing well in the practices.
And the other time a year it's great to go to the signings and player movement thread because every time you open it you only hear about players that recently signed, even obscure ones, and how they fit into position groups. (nothing else)
So, apart from this time, I almost always try to avoid putting anything in them, because those two are almost exclusively for player news and practice news. But... Since I'm going to clutter it up anyway, why not go overboard...
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I propose we refer to Brissett as Basset

^ That made me think of the bluegrass song "Tennessee Hound Dog" (by the Osbournes) which includes some of these lyrics.
" He's a dynamite, uptight, outa site backyard romeo-o-o-o"
he looks like ugly oned-over, some dog lovers have said, but he's got more sense in the end of his nose then they've got in their head,
Tennesee Hound dog, Tenn-e-see hou--nnnd doggg, ...
"When he gets that certain kind of look on his face, the she hounds run for a hiding place, when he takes a notion all the girl dogs know,
he's a dynamite, uptight, outta sight, back yard Ro-mee-oooooh
"he looks like skin on a bone pile - A cat wouldn't give him a chance, but when he stretches his long legs out a fox don't stand a chance, Tennessee hound dog, Tennessee hound doggg
Sad faced mooney eyed creature His ears hang down to his knees, The she hounds call him a has been, an old aged home for fleas-- Tenessee hound dog. But
"When he gets that certain kind of look on his face, the She hounds run for a hiding place, cause when he takes a notion all the girl dogs know he's a dynamite, uptight, outta-sight backyard Ro-me-ooh" Tennessee hound dogggg, Tenessee Hound doggg!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
j/c:

Mark Twain had a very famous saying about what's going on here.
He's not the one who said, " I wouldn't want to join any club that would have 'me' as a member." (That was some Rosevelt or somebody, politician.)
Bobby Knight: The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.
2nd. somebody: It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum News from OTAs

Link Copied to Clipboard