D

Legend
Legend
"Tip of the Iceberg"

banghead

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry to tell you Fate, but Jacoby Biscuit is YOUR Cleveland Browns QB for the foreseeable future.

Legend
Legend
As long as he puts the biscuit in the basket...

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE
As long as he puts the biscuit in the basket...

He plays basketball too?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
"Tip of the Iceberg"

banghead

just the tip

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
TWSS

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

REVEALED: Browns' Deshaun Watson 'met at least 66 women for massages over 17-month span and the Texans provided him with NDA after one therapist threatened to expose his sexual misconduct'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...men-massages-17-month-span.html#comments

If this is true, the dude has a sex fetish addiction type mental illness. OR he's a predator, plain and simple.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
met at least 66 women for massages over 17-month span

DAMN ROOKIE

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
3 members like this: Ballpeen, FATE, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
If this is true, the dude has a sex fetish addiction type mental illness. OR he's a predator, plain and simple.

It all depends on tax bracket and fame. If you're an average guy who can't afford a high priced lawyer and PR people you're a predator. If you are rich and famous you can use the excuse that it's "fetish/sex addiction/mental issue". But in the end it looks like that's the only options watson will be left with. And yes, those who want to believe it will.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a thought, If the NFL suspends Watson for 2 years or more I wonder if they would void the trade with the Texans and give us back all or most of our draft picks.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
M
Legend
Legend
M
No. As I heard it at the time of the deal and contract .... if things went bad for Watson, the contract might be voidable due to language in the contract. The deal to trade 3 first round picks is non-reversible. The only possible way that could happen is if the Browns could prove beyond doubt that the Texans operated in bad faith, withheld information or were dishonest with their communications with the Browns. I think the draft picks have sailed no matter what.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was reading something yesterday that after thinking about made a lot of sense to me. To paraphrase.... "It looks as if watson's agent wrote that contract and then just told the Browns to sign it".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nope, those picks are gone and not coming back.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
The only possible way that could happen is if the Browns could prove beyond doubt that the Texans operated in bad faith, withheld information or were dishonest with their communications with the Browns. I think the draft picks have sailed no matter what.

Even if we were able to prove that (huge huge if)... is it still even possible? Keep in mind, they've already spent one of said picks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We draft so well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds we don't even need those 1st round picks!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think if you could prove in a court of law that Houston acted in bad faith and withheld information that should have been provided or simply misled the Browns ... yeah, I think we would get our picks back. 100%. It might be messy as hell and we might get them back in '24 '25 '26 ... But I do think we could/would.

However - i think, as you suggested, the chances of proving that are remote as hell.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/09/22 05:45 PM.

Legend
Legend
The thing that sucks the most about this whole thing is that we are going to be mired in this story for AT LEAST the next full year.

This story, and the associated side stories and spin-offs, aren't going anywhere. They will continue to swirl until every last case is resolved. They will continue until he is suspended, and then again throughout the whole suspension. Then, the remainder of whichever season it is he finally takes the field for us, every announcer, writer and sports-personality will have unofficially renamed him from "Deshaun Watson" to "Deshaun Watson, who was suspended for ". That renaming will follow him for YEARS, and perhaps for the entire time he is under contract here. This mess that we're all going back-and-forth on... this is just the very, very beginning of it all; the beginning of a very long and tiresome slog through a bunch of needless drama THAT THIS FO CONSCIOUSLY CHOSE TO SIGN UP FOR.
This story is what they felt we needed as the Face of the Franchise.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 06/09/22 09:01 PM.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If this thing goes south, part of me hopes the FO can't get out of the contract just to teach them a lesson.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
IMO, if they're going there, the contract is nothing compared to the picks they lost... and those are GONE.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
What lesson would they have been taught? Once again, there were 13-15 teams that expressed interest in trading for Watson. Do they all need to be taught a lesson or do sometimes just not work out the way one thought?

O
Legend
Legend
O
No. As I heard it at the time of the deal and contract .... if things went bad for Watson, the contract might be voidable due to language in the contract. The deal to trade 3 first round picks is non-reversible. The only possible way that could happen is if the Browns could prove beyond doubt that the Texans operated in bad faith, withheld information or were dishonest with their communications with the Browns. I think the draft picks have sailed no matter what.

idk about that. If it turns out Houston knew and didn't divulge, I think it could happen. But it's very unlikely.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
There were 4 teams. I don't know where you get 13-15.

None of the teams knew the extent of the sexual harassment, sexual deviancy of DW until the news brought it about, and it does seem almost every day brings new news to light. I know you sold your soul on DW. Might be time to try to buy it back.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

The 24th Deshaun Watson accuser could give Cleveland Browns the right to void his contract

https://factoryofsadness.co/2022/06...ve-cleveland-browns-right-void-contract/

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
V
Legend
Legend
V
There were 4 teams. I don't know where you get 13-15.

Of course you don't.

A
Legend
Legend
A
List the 13-15 teams that were interested, and mad offers. I'll wait.

List them, by name. Thanks in advance.

And further......eh, never mind. I won't ask what that got the Browns, or any other of the 3 that were really interested.

List the 13-15 teams that were REALLY interested in your hero.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I made the remark based on what Shefty said. He is more in-tune w/NFL proceedings than anyone.

Here are the teams off the top of my head:

NO
Carolina
Atlanta
Browns
Indy
Philly
Miami
SF
Denver
NY Giants
Washington
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
Seattle

V
Legend
Legend
V
I can't believe arch really made me look this up because it was common knowledge, but......here you go:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ssive-suitors-for-franchise-quarterback/

V
Legend
Legend
V
This will be ignored, but soon to be followed by: "You hate Baker."

Legend
Legend
Yup.
But, of those, only 4 actually made qualifying offers, and if I remember correctly, one was dismissed immediately (Carolina) due to being in their Division.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
We draft so well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds we don't even need those 1st round picks!!!

I might not say that, but missing the picks isn't as killer a deal as some might think. At least in the short term. It might hurt us in 5-6 years, but lot's can happen between now and then.

What it might impact is being able to get great players at skill positions. If we draft with that in mind, we can still bring in solid players at nuts and bolts positions. We are also young at many of the top positions like corner. If Watson never plays for us, sure, I'd want the next 2 picks back, but it doesn't have to be a killer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The only possible way that could happen is if the Browns could prove beyond doubt that the Texans operated in bad faith, withheld information or were dishonest with their communications with the Browns. I think the draft picks have sailed no matter what.

Even if we were able to prove that (huge huge if)... is it still even possible? Keep in mind, they've already spent one of said picks.

If getting picks back is some sort of possibility, which I don't think it is, it would mean Houston dealt in bad faith. We would just get one of their picks along with the remaining picks we sent to them. That wouldn't be hard to fix.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Yup.
But, of those, only 4 actually made qualifying offers, and if I remember correctly, one was dismissed immediately (Carolina) due to being in their Division.

True. The point remains that we weren't the only team to go after the guy. Many teams wanted to, and some met the qualifying criteria.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Yup.

True. The point remains that we weren't the only team to go after the guy. Many teams wanted to, and some met the qualifying criteria.

Not quite true, but I get the sentiment. Indy was the team that was dismissed. Carolina is in the NFC. Houston and Indy are both in the same division in the AFC. I understand the situation just fine about only four met Houston's trade demands, but arch was suggesting I was lying about how many team were interested in trading for Watson. I proved that I was not lying. Period. The number of teams who were interested in trading for Watson has been repeated on the airwaves numerous times. I didn't even think it was a question. arch was just being arch.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I was just commenting on the trade deal.

I like both you and Arch, so I just leave all of that alone.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I understand, but I am sick of him and others calling me a liar and/or ignorant.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I understand, but I am sick of him and others calling me a liar and/or ignorant.

I understand that as well.

In the end it doesn't matter who you are, we are all going to find various personalities we don't get along with or maybe even dislike.

I do agree there are a few posters who lurk around looking to troll various people. I try to agree with them when I can and if they are honest in their discussion, I will carry a convo. If not, I just write them off, say what i need and just ignore them. At that point they are just typing to be able to read their own words or for any of the fanboys who follow on their words. I am sure some feel the same way about me.

life on a message board.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Yup.

Supposedly, there was also at least one other team that expressed disappointment/anger that they weren't given the opportunity to match Cleveland's offer. I'd be willing to be they're thinking their lucky stars at this point, but that's 100% hindsight.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yup.

To be honest - if 4- 8 - 12 - or 30 other teams had such bankrupt morals and such a poor investigation into what potential future drama might ensue from a trade for DW ... it doesn't make any difference. Just because others were as bad as CLE doesn't help improve our situation or give the organization a pass on not doing their due diligence properly.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Yup.

To be honest - if 4- 8 - 12 - or 30 other teams had such bankrupt morals and such a poor investigation into what potential future drama might ensue from a trade for DW ... it doesn't make any difference. Just because others were as bad as CLE doesn't help improve our situation or give the organization a pass on not doing their due diligence properly.

This became an issue for me because where we are now was by no means a surprise. When he was signed *this* was the the issue I raised as a concern. If this was the Dolphins or Falcons my care level would be as small as Watson's massage towel. But we chose to throw idiot money around after he refused us and then faun all over him like 22 accusations were of no reasonable concern whatsoever. I'd wager he has better odds of criminal charges sticking at some point than he does for leading us to the Playoffs. Does Vegas do those type of bets?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Deshaun Watson Legal Issues

Link Copied to Clipboard