Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Yup.
But, of those, only 4 actually made qualifying offers, and if I remember correctly, one was dismissed immediately (Carolina) due to being in their Division.

To be honest - if 4- 8 - 12 - or 30 other teams had such bankrupt morals and such a poor investigation into what potential future drama might ensue from a trade for DW ... it doesn't make any difference. Just because others were as bad as CLE doesn't help improve our situation or give the organization a pass on not doing their due diligence properly.

As I explained earlier, due diligence can go only so far unless you are the CIA or Jim Rockford.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yup.
But, of those, only 4 actually made qualifying offers, and if I remember correctly, one was dismissed immediately (Carolina) due to being in their Division.

To be honest - if 4- 8 - 12 - or 30 other teams had such bankrupt morals and such a poor investigation into what potential future drama might ensue from a trade for DW ... it doesn't make any difference. Just because others were as bad as CLE doesn't help improve our situation or give the organization a pass on not doing their due diligence properly.

I agree completely.
Though I got the team wrong (which is sad, because I even tried to look for it... don't do stuff when you're distracted by other stuff), I was only pointing out that while there were a large number of teams interested, only 4 were actually interested enough to actually try. The rest were almost certainly of the level where they made the call to find out how low of an offer they could make and then hung up on Houston.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
(which is sad, because I even tried to look for it... don't do stuff when you're distracted by other stuff),

I never do - my kids are locked in the basement playing violent video games. They aren't due to be allowed out for another 12 hours.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
What lesson would they have been taught? Once again, there were 13-15 teams that expressed interest in trading for Watson. Do they all need to be taught a lesson or do sometimes just not work out the way one thought?

Only four of them made any serious desire or offer to acquire him. I guess if you wish to paint the picture that all "13-15" weren't just kicking the tires you would have a point.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Yup.

As I explained earlier, due diligence can go only so far unless you are the CIA or Jim Rockford.

Or the New York Times it would appear.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Due diligence can go only so far unless you are the CIA or Jim Rockford.

I've never considered having a signature during my time on this board, but I'm seriously considering this.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yup.

Or the New York Times it would appear.

The New York Times doesn't have $253M and three 1st round picks invested in Watson ... how they managed to find stuff that the Browns didn't I have no idea .... oh, actually yes I do --- they were actually LOOKING for dirt.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I didn't spell it out the way you did, I agree. Anyone doing a serious, in depth investigation could have uncovered these things. It didn't take the FBI. And for those posters who are young, Rockford was great, but it was a TV show.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
While I didn't spell it out the way you did, I agree. Anyone doing a serious, in depth investigation could have uncovered these things. It didn't take the FBI. And for those posters who are young, Rockford was great, but it was a TV show.

and Columbo was way better, anyway.

Aside from that, you'd think a billionaire with the capacity to have the likes of a former Director of the U.S. Secret Service at his disposal might be able to muster a little bit of actual "in-depth" digging.... at least as much as Jim Rockford, anyway.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Rockford had the better opening song though.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Rockford was way cooler. He had a trailer home on the beach, a kickass Trans Am, women loved him, and Angel Martin, the most hilarious sidekick ever until Kramer came along.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Finally, some levity.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L

Last edited by LexDawg; 06/11/22 08:22 AM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The actor who played Rockford was ugly, and had a terrible voice, so it was a burden to watch.
And shows that involved Private Investigators were stupid in the first place, until Knight Ryder came along.
(actually... The Dukes' of Hazard) --- if you got down to it, < that was a private investigator show, with some slapstick comedy (kind of like Scooby Doo, and Threes' Company) thrown in. And all were better than that boring Rockford Files.
( that's right actually it wasn't Jim Rockford, Rockford was the name of the town, Rockford Illinois, a back-town, like Reno is to Vegas.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The actor who played Rockford was ugly, and had a terrible voice, so it was a burden to watch.
And shows that involved Private Investigators were stupid in the first place, until Knight Ryder came along.

So a show about a talking car is when you think PI shows improved?… gotcha. That’s pretty much all I need to know. It’s also not surprising coming from you. Lol

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Browns remain all in on Deshaun Watson, not looking to void $230 million contract or trade with Texans, sources say

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...he-230-million-contract-sources-say.html

3 members like this: Ballpeen, SuperBrown, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Glad to hear that the Browns are not considering voiding Watson's contract. I am also happy to hear of the support from the organization and Watson's teammates. This year will most likely be rough, but we could have a great QB on the team for up to a decade. Long-term thinking is smart. I support the Browns and am happy that they have recognized that we needed an upgrade at QB.

All Pro
All Pro
Good from Andrew Berry to show all these lying women what kind a man the Browns want as their poster boy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dave
a kickass Trans Am

Rockford did not have a Trans Am. He had a basic Firebird. It did however have a 400 motor in it.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
They have 230 million reasons and six draft picks as to why they really have no choice at the present time. But they have a history of changing their minds on a dime when it comes to public statements and what is allowed to get out by this organization. And one didn't happen very log ago. It too was about a QB. That's why we know they could do a 180 on a dime. The fans believed them then and were lied too. Some seem quite open to buying their BS and believing them again.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Browns remain all in on Deshaun Watson, not looking to void $230 million contract or trade with Texans, sources say

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...he-230-million-contract-sources-say.html

They have no option at this time other than this.
Unless/until enough comes down that allows them to present a solid case to attempt either of those, they'd just be making an even bigger mess of things if they said they were considering it. Their one and ONLY play at this moment is to remain 100% all-in. There isn't another viable option.

Browns is the Browns

2 members like this: jfanent, AZBrown
M
Legend
Legend
M
P.R. 101.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Glad to hear that the Browns are not considering voiding Watson's contract. I am also happy to hear of the support from the organization and Watson's teammates. This year will most likely be rough, but we could have a great QB on the team for up to a decade. Long-term thinking is smart. I support the Browns and am happy that they have recognized that we needed an upgrade at QB.

They weren't going to ditch Baker either... SO don't count on anything until it happens. Goodell might suspend him indefinitely.

B
Legend
Legend
B
a kickass Trans Am

Rockford did not have a Trans Am. He had a basic Firebird. It did however have a 400 motor in it.

At least a few of your remember. I was afraid by bringing him up many wouldn't know what I was talking about.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
a kickass Trans Am

Hat tip ... 45 years dims the details.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, there were a lot of detective shows from that time period. In addition to Rockford Files and Columbo, we had The Fugitive, Ironsides, Kojak, The Mod Squad, Mannix, Baretta, The Avengers, Hawaii Five-O, Dragnet, The FBI, Mission Impossible, Adam 12, etc.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Plus 'Kolchak: The Nightstalker', Starsky & Hutch, Perry Mason (detective-ish), and probably a good deal more.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I couldn't think of all of them and I probably botched a lot of the spellings. LOL...........I used to love a lot of those shows. Not all of them, but quite a few.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Murder, She Wrote. My mom loved that show.

Legend
Legend
Don't forget Jed Clampett turns detective.....Barnaby Jones! and the fat man's hero, Frank Cannon.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good ones. Watched both of those shows.

How about McMillan and Wife or something like that?

Would Get Smart be included in this group? LMAO....but still, I loved that show when I was a little kid. It was so dumb, it was hilarious.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
How about one of my favorites, The Wild Wild West. Government agents investigating high end criminals in the old west.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Man From Uncle or something like that. I thought that was pretty good.

V
Legend
Legend
V
There are times that this place can be a lot of fun. I enjoy these types of conversations.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Hunter, Magnum PI, Hill Street Blues, Spencer for Hire, Riptide…

[Linked Image]
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Maybe someone can start a TV detectives thread?

Legend
Legend
I also remember watching The Untouchables, Highway Patrol, 77 Sunset Strip although some are not "pure" detective shows like Dragnet. But I am also trying to place one I barely remember (which means it wasn't often on — after all, we had just gotten a TV, and it only got three channels). I think its name was Hawaiian Eye; that certainly might have been the model for a later show set in the islands, perhaps. The limited competition was fierce between police/detective shows and the Eternal Western, one cowboys episode trailing after another, rather like the NFL televised schedule we enjoy today. LOLetc.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
If you ever find yourself up all night, Me TV has Perry Mason, Mannix, Cannon, Barnaby Jones, Highway Patrol and Dragnet every weeknight. When we're hosting at the campground, we use the over the air digital antenna and that's one of the channels we get.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Let’s not forget Charlie’s Angels. Every episode looked great. I mean, WAS great.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL Lamp.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Deshaun Watson Legal Issues

Link Copied to Clipboard