Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Oh wow…

House Republicans Suggest More Prayers Would Solve Mass Shooting Problem

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-republicans-suggest-more-prayers-023243841.html

I didn’t know about this one:

“They’re disgusted hearing about prayers,” he said.

“Look, maybe if we heard more prayers from leaders of this country instead of taking God’s name in vain, we wouldn’t have the mass killings like we didn’t have before prayer was eliminated from school,” he added.

Scalise used a similar line of reasoning in a news conference, arguing that “we had AR-15s in the 1960s. We didn’t have those mass school shootings.”

“We actually had prayer in school during those days,” he said.

In 1957, for example ― five years before the Supreme Court struck down state-sponsored prayers in public schools in 1962 ― an all-white Nashville elementary school was bombed a day after a Black child was admitted. White church members had been leading a violent crusade to oppose the integration of the city’s public schools.

The AR-15 was first produced two years later, in 1959, predominantly for use by the military. It wasn’t until the 1980s that civilian models were mass produced.

_________

So conservatives god fearing church members bombed a school simply because some kid that looked like me was admitted there.

You Christians sure love violence. There is no difference between you and any of the clowns I shot at in the Middle East.

Wow. Bombed a freaking school…..

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
You know what? I have a question for 3 specific individuals that I respect on this board, because I already know the answer from the other guys on the left and right here.

Oob, dawg05, and Purp.

Scenario: Christian’s get violent and gain more power across American government in their attempts to change our country into a theocracy. They’ve determined to homosexuality is illegal, segregation is back, and that anybody who doesn’t convert is gonna get deported or imprisoned if they don’t cooperate.

We all live in the same neighborhood, and all 4 of us are armed to the teeth prior to this happening.

If those authorities try to deport my family and I, or seek to imprison me, will you help defend me, or let them take me away?

I await the response.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If Christian’s truly believed prayer stopped bullets then the Pope wouldn’t drive around in an armored car under a bullet proof glass bubble.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Bang, bang.
Splish, splash.
Thoughts, prayers.
Rinse, repeat.

This is all we can ever expect. Nothing will even be attempted, because those in charge don't really care.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
To make larry happy, NO, I do not think Obama is a foreign born muslim.

Thanks Curly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Christofascism. Yalliban.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
If Christian’s truly believed prayer stopped bullets then the Pope wouldn’t drive around in an armored car under a bullet proof glass bubble.

That is ignorant, even if you aren't.

People don't pray to stop bullets. It goes way deeper than that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You’re right. Not just prayers… thoughts and prayers.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
You’re right. Not just prayers… thoughts and prayers.

you think it's prayers? i think maybe it's just thoughts. like, a passing thought and back to business as usual.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I just wish they’d attack abortion with the same tactic. I mean if it works for stopping the shooting of school age children then it totally should work for protecting unwanted cell clumps.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
remember when republican voters pretended like they were being censored by big tech?

Trump’s Truth Social Is Banning Users Who Post About Jan. 6 Hearings, According to Reports

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-truth-social-banning-users-164736257.html

incoming Trump Bankruptcy in 3, 2......

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
That's funny - I don't care what side of any issue you are on.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess my question would be does that surprise anyone? Anyone who ever questions him gets canceled. Then they point the finger at the other side for the same thing. They're hilarious!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good lord….

‘Ultra-Maga’: the Trump-backed Ohio Republican candidate who attacked the Capitol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-maga-trump-backed-ohio-070011794.html

Another psycho running not for America, but for Trump.

So now we have Dark and Ultra MAGA. Is there a super-duper MAGA? Maybe an “omg, it’s MAGA time!” MAGA? Megatron MAGA? Shadow MAGA?

I swear conservatives just be out here cosplaying now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
remember when republican voters pretended like they were being censored by big tech?

Trump’s Truth Social Is Banning Users Who Post About Jan. 6 Hearings, According to Reports

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-truth-social-banning-users-164736257.html

incoming Trump Bankruptcy in 3, 2......

I saw that the other day,, can't say I'm surprised. It's what Trumpians do.. If they don't like the news, they call it fake.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Good lord….

‘Ultra-Maga’: the Trump-backed Ohio Republican candidate who attacked the Capitol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-maga-trump-backed-ohio-070011794.html

Another psycho running not for America, but for Trump.

So now we have Dark and Ultra MAGA. Is there a super-duper MAGA? Maybe an “omg, it’s MAGA time!” MAGA? Megatron MAGA? Shadow MAGA?

I swear conservatives just be out here cosplaying now.

Trump is pushing Q candidates for their devout "Trump is everything" brainwashing. I can't wait to see him in jail.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Republican Rep. Tom Rice who voted for Trump's impeachment says the ex-president is 'purging' the GOP and trying to turn the party into a 'bunch of yes-men loyalists'
Bryan Metzger
Tue, June 14, 2022, 11:26 AM·3 min read

He told Politico that the ex-president is "purging" the GOP into "a bunch of yes-men loyalists."

Rice has frequently compared Trump's actions on and around January 6 to that of a dictator.

Republican Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina says former President Donald Trump is "purging" the GOP amid his own fight for his political life against a primary challenger on Tuesday.

Rice was one of 10 House Republicans that voted to impeach Trump following the January 6, 2021, insurrection at the US Capitol.

"He's purging. He's purging. He's trying to set the Republican Party up as a bunch of yes-men loyalists," Rice told Politico in a recent interview. "Think about that. That's scary."

Rice now faces a primary challenge from South Carolina state Rep. Russell Fry, who's been endorsed by the former president. A recent Trafalgar Group poll showed Fry leading Rice by more than 17 points in South Carolina's conservative 7th district.

The incumbent 5-term congressman also told Politico that he didn't think Trump was a threat to democracy until the January 6 attack.

"He hadn't shown himself to be a tyrant before that," he said. "I don't think he was a tyrant before that. I do think he's a narcissist. He craves attention. He hates to lose."

"I wish he had won," Rice added. "I wish he had won, because then January 6 wouldn't have happened."

The South Carolina Republican is just the latest target of Trump's ire; he's endorsed primary challengers to other Republicans that voted to impeach him, including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming.

In the year and a half since then, Rice has spoken up to compare Trump's actions leading up to January 6 with that of a dictator.

"If the president, by force, can intimidate Congress into voting their way, then we might as well do away with Congress and hand it over to a king," Rice said in an interview with the Washington Post in May 2021. "What he did in my mind is what dictators do."

And following a Trump rally in South Carolina in March, Rice issued a statement condemning his primary opponent, Fry, as someone who "supports a would-be tyrant over the Constitution" and "makes decisions based solely on re-election."

Rice also told Politico that he believes former House Speaker Paul Ryan, who recently campaigned with Rice in South Carolina, would have voted to impeach Trump if he'd been in the House at the time.

"I have a lot of respect for Paul," said Rice.

Ryan, for his part, recently told a group of supporters in South Carolina that most other Republicans didn't have the "guts" to vote to impeach Trump like Rice did.

"There were a lot of people who wanted to vote like Tom but who just didn't have the guts to do it," said Ryan, according to the Myrtle Beach Sun News. "There are a lot of people who say they're going to vote their conscience, they're going to vote for the Constitution, they're going to vote for their convictions but when it gets hard to do that they don't do it."

But despite Rice's outspokenness on Trump, he recently said he'd consider supporting him again if he apologized for his role in provoking the January 6 attack.

"There's one way: if he apologized," Rice said on ABC News. "If he came out and said: I'm sorry that I made a huge mistake on January 6th, then I might consider it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-rep-tom-rice-voted-152654940.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
New Mexico county commission cites Dominion voting machines in refusing to certify June 7 primary results

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/dc3...8f2ef9/new-mexico-county-commission.html

so now the GOP candidates are whining about voting systems...against other GOP candidates.

i remember in 2016 when trump won and STILL claimed it was rigged. this is beyond pathetic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
He always said if he lost it was rigged. He said it when he ran against Hillary. He said it when he ran against Biden. I call it the "heads I win, tails you lose" strategy. And his ardent supporters ate it up. They still do no matter how much factual evidence they are presented with. That sounds more like a cult than a political party.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

gotta love the nuances of what and how people believe. Evangelicals really have become batcrap crazy, and perverted christianity overall.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, It doesn't matter what the Democrats do......I'm a registered Independent after 50 years as a card carrying Republican. I think the American people 9/10 of the time VOTE their pocketbooks and they will in the midterms.....the Democrats are going to get smoked. Republicans can put monkey up against the Democrats....and they have.....and they'll still win. The rate change wasn't done soon enough to make a difference.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
question:

what were the mortgage rates back in your prime? is low interest rate mortgage really a more recent thing, and the rates have always been higher?

also, could you describe the purchasing power between then and now? i'm asking with real sincerity, because i want to learn what was vs what people think it was back then.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
And did you hear Uncle Joe and Pete Buttigieg had a baby out of wedlock? Joe tried to have an abortion but, and I quote, "Petey baby Christmas chicken ice cream".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
No clue what you are talking about, is that a SuperBrown quote? That video on Boebert is full of disclaimers from TYT just reporting what the PAC that took down Madison Cawthorn is now saying about her. Sorry if you don't like reports on your peeps.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He's just playing the troll role.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
4 Veterans and a National Guard Cadet Among Members of White Supremacist Group Arrested in Idaho

https://www.yahoo.com/news/4-veterans-national-guard-cadet-171803633.html

At least five members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front who were arrested near an Idaho Pride event last week had a military background -- one is a current member of the National Guard -- continuing the disturbing trend of military members and veterans playing key roles in extremist groups and being charged with crimes.

Winston Durham was among the 31 members of the far-right group authorities say were packed inside a U-Haul truck, wearing their signature khakis, blue shirts, beige hats and white masks and allegedly planning to disrupt the Pride event. The men had shin guards, riot shields and a smoke grenade. All were charged with conspiracy, a misdemeanor.

Durham serves as a cadet in the Idaho Army National Guard's 1-148 Field Artillery Regiment. He enlisted into the National Guard in February 2019 and became a cadet in January 2020 through Washington State University's Reserve Officers' Training Corps, or ROTC, program. He has been placed on leave pending the outcome of his criminal case, an Army spokesperson told Military.com.

what a disappointment.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yep, those guys will lose their benefits, retirement, etc over this.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yep, those guys will lose their benefits, retirement, etc over this.

The sad part most likely they’ll have no introspection and they’ll blame losing everything on ‘the gays’. Further making them rage-full douches with little to lose.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's exactly what happened with this guy. I don't know if he blamed his arrest on "the gays" but he's even more committed to his cause now...

Mother says her son’s hateful ideology sickens her after he was arrested with alleged Patriot Front group

Karen Amsden hoped that being arrested and accused of criminal conspiracy to riot would change her son’s heart. When he stood by his hateful views, she says she told him to get out of her house.

Jared Boyce was one of 31 men arrested in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, on Saturday as they gathered near a Pride parade. Police said they believed all are affiliated with or part of the White nationalist Patriot Front group and were planning to “antagonize and cause disorder,” according to a court filing.

Boyce, 27, posted bond, and went back to his home in Provo, Utah, his mother told CNN. It’s unclear whether he has entered a plea.

Asked by his mother whether he would talk to CNN, Boyce declined.

“When he came back from this weekend in Idaho, I was hoping after spending some time in jail that maybe this will be a wake-up call for him like to question, ‘What is this group that I’ve been involved [with], where’s this really getting me,'” she said.

But when she saw him, Amsden said her son stood by the group and its plans.

She said he told her, “We were there to prevent them from grooming children. We were doing what we thought was right.”

Her son had instead become more entrenched in a White nationalist group, she said. And that became a wake-up call for her and how she would be with her son, who had been living in her basement since his marriage broke up, she said.

“That’s when I said … you can’t live in my house and be doing this kind of stuff and putting this kind of hate out into the world and putting yourself in danger,” she told CNN of her confrontation with her son. “You need to move out of my house.”

Amsden said she did not know what else to do, having reached the end of her tether with her son. She said he was raised with love and had friends of different ethnicities and cultures before he became involved with extremists and started to spout their views.

“That’s not who I am and it makes me sick to listen to it and sicker to know that this is coming from my son,” she said.

Boyce is next scheduled to appear for an arraignment on the misdemeanor charge of criminal conspiracy in August, Idaho court records show.

https://ksltv.com/496299/mother-say...rested-with-alleged-patriot-front-group/

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/19/22 03:55 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Had to look that little boy up... Zack Zwiezen gaming reporter.

Musk isn't paying .25Trillion for talking about Dogecoin on the internet. Go back to sleep Zacky. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea what you're talking about. The person suing Musk is Keith Johnson, an investor. Or is it who's reporting the story? Because major news outlets are reporting it too.

Elon Musk sued for $258 billion over alleged Dogecoin pyramid scheme

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trans...eged-dogecoin-pyramid-scheme-2022-06-16/

Reuters isn't Zack Zwiezen. I understand that in today's society the facts don't matter as long as you can undermine who it is reporting them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol. We'll see how the "facts" work out, Pitt.

When you report something and sound like an INFANT by calling someone names and making fun of them, I'll call you out for the dolt that you are. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, reporting that Musk was sued is such a terrible thing. I mean if we're discussing the thought process of a dolt.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody, but that doesn't mean it has legs or will stand. I do however think Musk may be in a little trouble with this one, just not $258 billion worth. I thought he was nuts when he was saying some of the crap he said over crypto, and he was doing his best Trump impersonation driving some coins values with his ridiculous tweeting. That said, I would be surprised if he got in some SEC trouble and or is found to have falsely inflated values resulting in fines and a much smaller settlement on this lawsuit. No idea what that would look like, but I doubt seriously it will be billions. Much of that will depend on what these somewhat shady actions did for his bottom line.

I used to think of the world of Elon Musk for his business and product innovation. Yet, since a few months before he got high on the Rogan show, he's been on a downward trajectory as somebody you could respect. I'd like to know what's behind all the changes he's going through in his public persona, let alone his private life.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It is a tactic that actually says he doesn't have a real argument to make, but he wants something to fight about.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
It is a tactic that actually says he doesn't have a real argument to make, but he wants something to fight about.

Yep. As per usual. I mean, anyone with 12 brain cells can read right through it.

His goal post moving and strawman arguments are one of the weirdest fetishes I've ever witnessed on the web.

Last edited by FATE; 06/19/22 08:08 PM.

Legend
Legend
Texas GOP party adopts anti-LGBTQ platform, refers to being gay as ‘abnormal’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-gop-party-adopts-anti-212145635.html

And Texas just declared open season on the LBGT community. And they placed the framework to target other minorities as well.

Somebody call the Mexican president and tell them they can have Texas back.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.5

Link Copied to Clipboard