Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Legend
Legend
Honestly… we should’ve never allowed the confederate states to rejoin the union. One of the worst decisions in US history.

Throw the whole south away. You know Florida and the rest of the trash Bible Belt states are following suit.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
What a winning policy: stomp down even harder on people who've only known boot prints all their lives.

You wanna know why I support these people who ain't like Swish and Clem? It's not because I'm some flaming ultra-liberal. It's not because I want to 'stick it in the eye' of some right wing online political opponent. I support these fellow Americans because generations of Americans stood up for My Family in the face of the same vile crap. Because My Family stood up in the face of this crap. And because other Americans stood up for My Family, and because I was taught to stand up for myself, I see it as my patriotic duty to stand up for them.

I swear to God, these people represent the absolute antithesis of everything I was ever raised, taught, trained or inspired to aspire to. If this is now their new politics in place of what we've always been told were true Conservative principles/values, I fully expect a good number of traditionally reliable Republican voters to begin finding other places for their votes. Those votes may not be for D's, but votes certainly away from this new movement rising under the red tent. As this new bunch keeps taking over (on levels local through federal), the good people that you & I have always known will reach a Day Of Reckoning: stay and fight, or politically relocate to some new party upwind of this current smell.

**UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT**

...and that's gonna hurt our friends. Both immediately, and for a long time.

Because I'm afraid the old Elephant they've always known and loved is in danger of being taken out by a rogue who's ready to repopulate their herd. At that point, each and every one of our friends will have to take a gut check... and decide whether they wish to support the principles of the revolutionary society that was born upon these shores, or become subsumed into a growing movement toward malignant nationalism. I don't envy them their situation.

The very people I'm describing- the very people you & I have always known and enjoyed good relations with- are the very people upon whom this society's future hinges.

Only they can stop what is happening in front of our eyes.
At some point, The Good Ones who are really honest with themselves are going to reach that point when they must either draw a line... or get in line.

I'm watching to see who be which, among our ranks.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yeah, I saw they wouldn't let the Log Cabin Republicans join their little meeting. Guess that's what they do when they are about to put the knife in your back. And people wonder why I've been calling them fascist. It's just a matter of time before they declare open season on the entire left and anybody that's not a Christian white supremacist. How do you move forward with these people? Old school Republicans need to clean house before the Nazis do.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/20/22 03:23 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Temp-Committee-ROUGH-FINAL-REPORT-6-15-2022.pdf

just in case people want to read this "temporary" platform, cause we all know most of it will be permanent. straight from the source, so nobody can claim liberal bias or any nonsense like that.

you guys are freaking crazy.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
https://www.axios.com/2022/06/19/texas-gop-convention-maga

Texas Republicans ended a three-day convention Saturday with votes on a swath of proposed changes to their platform that would pull the party further right.

Why it matters: The revised platform is likely to preview some of the GOP's messaging going into the November midterms and 2024 election. It includes resolutions denying that President Biden legitimately won the 2020 election and a call to abolish abortions.

The big picture: Votes on the state's revised GOP platform are currently being tallied, the Texas Tribune reported.

If approved, the new party platform would include declaring homosexuality “an abnormal lifestyle choice," repealing the 16th Amendment that created the federal income tax, and mandating that Texas students "learn about the humanity of the preborn child,” in part by forcing students to listen to ultrasounds of gestating fetuses.
During the convention, Texas Republicans approved a resolution declaring that President Biden "was not legitimately elected," per the Tribune.
Attendees also voted on a measure urging "lawmakers to enact legislation to abolish abortion by immediately securing the right to life and equal proaction of the laws to all preborn children from the moment of fertilization," per Newsweek.
The platform also calls for the abolishment of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, opposes efforts to classify carbon dioxide as a pollutant, and supports prayer "being returned to our schools, courthouses, and other government buildings."

______

literally in their platform that biden isn't the legitimate president. abolish the 1965 voting act, and we all know what that's code for...

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
ooooo here's a good one in their platform lmfao:

"Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto."

Biden, for the love of god sell Texas to the Mexicans, then build around around Texas. remove all federal funding, remove military bases, remove any federal agencies and programs out of Texas.

build the wall!! build the wall!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
ooooo here's a good one in their platform lmfao:

"Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto."

Biden, for the love of god sell Texas to the Mexicans, then build around around Texas. remove all federal funding, remove military bases, remove any federal agencies and programs out of Texas.

build the wall!! build the wall!!

To keep Texas in line, all you would have to do is make it known that you would kick the Cowboys out of the NFL should they succeed.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Man I read through that… holy hell. Yikes.
Woman as chattel. Good luck Texas/Gilliad.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by FrankZ
It is a tactic that actually says he doesn't have a real argument to make, but he wants something to fight about.

Yep. As per usual. I mean, anyone with 12 brain cells can read right through it.

His goal post moving and strawman arguments are one of the weirdest fetishes I've ever witnessed on the web.

You seem to forget that a woman successfully sued McDonald's because their coffee was too hot.

A court just ordered Geico to pay a woman 5.2 million dollars because she caught an STD in a car the owner had insured with Geico.

Don't sit here and play the fool. And let me know when you can put twelve brain cells together. You haven't managed to yet.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
as a minority, i'm not really fearful of what the potential is.

but i actually feel WORSE for the LGBT and women than i do myself and others who are ethnic minorities. the GOP is declaring war on women's rights and LGBT communities. and those demographics are men, women, trans, regardless of ethnicity.

i wish i could do something other than just vote, bro. holy crap i can't imagine being part of those groups in a country where an increasing amount of people on the right don't even view you as human beings, nevermind fellow americans.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
I made a comment that the "reporter" of an article about Musk being sued writes like an adolescent and is a "dolt". A "online gaming reporter" that calls Musk names throughout the article.

Your response is:

You seem to forget that a woman successfully sued McDonald's because their coffee was too hot.

A court just ordered Geico to pay a woman 5.2 million dollars because she caught an STD in a car the owner had insured with Geico.

Don't sit here and play the fool. And let me know when you can put twelve brain cells together. You haven't managed to yet.

It's not that I forget, it's that I don't care. That crap has nothing to do with my comments. Once again, a feeble attempt to make counter-points to a discussion that never existed. Pitiful. This is less stimulating than an argument with my dog about the color of fire hydrants... I'll pass.

Have a great day!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
This is less stimulating than an argument with my dog about the color of fire hydrants...

Yet here you are.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The venture capitalist and “Hillbilly Elegy” author, who was endorsed earlier this month by Donald Trump, did not explain how Biden could accomplish such a horrifying aim. But he implied that drug traffickers crossing into the U.S. from Mexico were expressly not arrested so they could kill right-wing Republican voters.

That's pretty typical,, when outlandish statements like this are made the first thing someone does is question how/why... There is NEVER an answer.. All they want to do is make accusations,, but no back up to verify.

and for the MAGA crowd, that's enough.. within a week it will be gospel to them.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
What a winning policy: stomp down even harder on people who've only known boot prints all their lives.

You wanna know why I support these people who ain't like Swish and Clem? It's not because I'm some flaming ultra-liberal. It's not because I want to 'stick it in the eye' of some right wing online political opponent. I support these fellow Americans because generations of Americans stood up for My Family in the face of the same vile crap. Because My Family stood up in the face of this crap. And because other Americans stood up for My Family, and because I was taught to stand up for myself, I see it as my patriotic duty to stand up for them.

I swear to God, these people represent the absolute antithesis of everything I was ever raised, taught, trained or inspired to aspire to. If this is now their new politics in place of what we've always been told were true Conservative principles/values, I fully expect a good number of traditionally reliable Republican voters to begin finding other places for their votes. Those votes may not be for D's, but votes certainly away from this new movement rising under the red tent. As this new bunch keeps taking over (on levels local through federal), the good people that you & I have always known will reach a Day Of Reckoning: stay and fight, or politically relocate to some new party upwind of this current smell.

**UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT**

...and that's gonna hurt our friends. Both immediately, and for a long time.

Because I'm afraid the old Elephant they've always known and loved is in danger of being taken out by a rogue who's ready to repopulate their herd. At that point, each and every one of our friends will have to take a gut check... and decide whether they wish to support the principles of the revolutionary society that was born upon these shores, or become subsumed into a growing movement toward malignant nationalism. I don't envy them their situation.

The very people I'm describing- the very people you & I have always known and enjoyed good relations with- are the very people upon whom this society's future hinges.

Only they can stop what is happening in front of our eyes.
At some point, The Good Ones who are really honest with themselves are going to reach that point when they must either draw a line... or get in line.

I'm watching to see who be which, among our ranks.

Here is a bit of a different perspective, but I am beginning to understand the rub that is going on today.

First, I will say that it is common sense to treat everyone equally, that is in the declaration of independence, and a fundamental concept that requires more work to be a more perfect union.

That said, there is something always on the Morning news and discussion where someone is complaining about something, and then we can't just watch a neutral segment, there has to be editorializing on someones behalf that drives the point home, although it may be an opinion that is not shared by all.

Two of the segments on GMA this morning were about how Juneteenth is not recognized by everyone state as a holiday. Now we already have MLK as a federal holiday, and there is employer angst about adding another paid holiday. However, at the end of the segment, Michael Strahan chirped in with an "I agree" that this should be a holiday for everyone.

The second was on the FINA ruling that transgendered athletes have to complete the process before puberty in order to compete. They interviewed Lia Thomas who competed as a college male, then transgendered, and competed as a female winning. Although Lia stated her case and objections, it was pretty obvious that Lia had transgendered post puberty, and has obvious physical advantages. I think FINA tried to get it right, and frankly I am concerned about the future of women's sports and Title IX in college athletics if this goes its course. I do believe that there should be separate mens and women's athletics, and that is more important to me, as it provides a larger group of women an access to education.

So yes, there are disparities in history, and we struggle with finding the right balance, but there are limits. And people are entitled to their opinions, but sometimes the benefits to the group as a whole outweigh the benefit to the individual. (Star Trek reference).

And driving the point home with your personal commentary may not be shared.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand what you're saying. We actually agree about the transgender athlete topic.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you though, that really doesn't quite cover what Clem was describing. History has taught us what happens when you start targeting minority groups in certain ways. Ways such as not being normal, being evil or cheating you of your way of life. And this is what it looks like.......

“an abnormal lifestyle choice,"

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You'll love this one.....

Texas GOP adopts resolution rejecting 2020 election results

“We reject the certified results of the 2020 Presidential election, and we hold that acting President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States,” reads the resolution, passed by voice vote in Houston on Saturday. “We strongly urge all Republicans to work to ensure election integrity and to show up to vote in November of 2022, bring your friends and family, volunteer for your local Republicans, and overwhelm any possible fraud.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/20/poli...anshbIty681tBxkhEh9LswHL9L_KylEmlzMnsCyY

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You don't have to go any further than the first few words to know what this is: "Affirming our belief in God".

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
as a minority, i'm not really fearful of what the potential is.

but i actually feel WORSE for the LGBT and women than i do myself and others who are ethnic minorities. the GOP is declaring war on women's rights and LGBT communities. and those demographics are men, women, trans, regardless of ethnicity.

i wish i could do something other than just vote, bro. holy crap i can't imagine being part of those groups in a country where an increasing amount of people on the right don't even view you as human beings, nevermind fellow americans.

You can throat punch a Nazi. Every time that happens, they crap their pants for weeks.

And NO GOPer better ever call me an Fn radical again! These people are certifiable.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/20/22 03:27 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I may have gone tangential.

To me the question has always been to try and find consistency..

To me, it is terrible to call something an abnormal lifestyle. I think the difference is I can accept it, just don't ask me to endorse it. And don't berate me because I may not share your willingness to advocate for your position.

That is why we have discrimination laws.

Pick a topic, LBGTQ, abortion, interracial marriage, etc, etc.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I wonder if Twitter taking this down is what the right considers silencing the opposition? I wonder if this is what they call free speech? I wonder if this is something Elon Musk would consider acceptable content?

Greitens campaign ad calls for "RINO hunting," faces social media backlash

JEFFERSON CITY — A U.S. Senate campaign ad for Republican Eric Greitens is facing backlash on social media for calling for "hunting RINOs," a pun on the animal, and the euphemism for "Republicans In Name Only."

In the advertisement, released Monday morning, former Missouri Governor Greitens totes a firearm and says he's going "RINO hunting," for his political opponents and approaches a house with the label "THE RINO's DEN."

The video advertisement then depicts people dressed as military operatives raiding the house with Greitens saying, "Join the MAGA crew, get a RINO hunting permit. There's no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn't expire until we save our country."

On Monday, Twitter had flagged the Greitens advertisement, saying it violated the Twitter Rules about abusive behavior. Users cannot share or like the tweet, but they can still access it via Greitens' account, as Twitter considered the tweet "may be in the public's interest."

The campaign ad went viral on Twitter, much of it critical of the former Governor. Upon publication of this article, "Greitens" was the number-two trend on Twitter in the United States.

Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, a gun reform advocacy organization, tweeted about the campaign ad, saying, "he's threatening to kill his political opponents," while also noting several previous controversies involving the Senate candidate's political history.

Greitens' campaign team was not immediately available for comment.

In 2016, Greitens made a firearms-based advertisement for his gubernatorial campaign. In the ad, Greitens touted a firearm and said he would take "dead-aim at politics as usual," before firing the weapon.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/greit...rino-hunting-faces-social-media-backlash

Maybe this is the "Dark MAGA" Madison Cawthorne was talking about. Yeah, they would never promote violence or in this case even murder, right?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I won't berate you. To a great extent I think we agree. I can't find consistency from either side. But I think that comes more from the different factions and opinions that there is among people in any given, and in this case both parties. You can ask a moderate Democrat their opinion and get a very different view than a progressive. Just as you can ask a moderate Republican their opinion and get a very different answer than you'll get from a MAGA.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Republican Eric Greitens should go straight to jail, do not pass go, lock him up and destroy the key.

So should every Texas GOP member that voted for that platform. You can't have these people running around, they are dangerous AF.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/20/22 03:55 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was not directing the berate comment at you individually.

The berate comment was happens when those on the far extremes target those in the middle to try and get them to adopt a more extreme position.

Side note, A bit of irony about the Greitens information is exactly what I am alluding to. Those who are on the extreme try to force the electorate to adopt more extreme position, and the extreme position becomes the new normal.

And this is why we have a GOP that is further right than before.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The Texas GOP wants all Civil War statues taken down in the state restored.

Legend
Legend
it's clear there is no reasoning with the republican voters today, especially in the south.

i guess we can start calling them what they truly are: Neo-confederate states, with Texas leading the charge.

i'd say let texas secede. they always threatening to do it, so we should encourage it. I really want to see if any of these conservatives actually have the ability to follow through with it.

and, what a great place to start their ethnostate. plenty of real estate in texas, so it shouldn't be a problem.

i'm dead ass serious. i want to see what that looks like in real time.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
What the republican party has become? So bad even the NY Post has a story about it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/texas...-election-illegitimate-despite-evidence/

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
What the republican party has become? So bad even the NY Post has a story about it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/texas...-election-illegitimate-despite-evidence/

Jeez! You'd think when the NYPost does a "uhh, guys..." that would catch their attention.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by WooferDawg

While I agree with you yet again, I think it goes even further than your quote above. When it comes to their platform in general, I agree with you. But the violence in the ad in question I don't see as being "further right" so much as it's a threat of violence and extremism geared in that direction. History bears out what this is and what this is called. I don't want to hear all of the cries of, "How can you compare it to that!" when if people still can't see some of the comparisons the question should be, how can they not.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
if people still can't see some of the comparisons the question should be, how can they not.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
I was not directing the berate comment at you individually.

The berate comment was happens when those on the far extremes target those in the middle to try and get them to adopt a more extreme position.

Side note, A bit of irony about the Greitens information is exactly what I am alluding to. Those who are on the extreme try to force the electorate to adopt more extreme position, and the extreme position becomes the new normal.

I don't think that's Greitens intent.. He's doing that to appeal to the MAGA voters out there... If he gets someone to switch, so be it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess the Freudian id is the MAGA crowd.

It was always Rush's and then Fox News intent to pull the party to the right. They exceeded beyond their wildest dreams, but may not be able to contain the beast that they have unleashed.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Raise your hand if you are a traditional Republican that will NOT vote for any republican in 22 or 24. These two cycles will be a critical step in stopping Trumpism and it's all hands on deck.

Legend
Legend
rofl

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
See, it doesn't matter unless all these moderate GOPers I keep hearing about do something to change it. They keep voting R for the next two cycles, and HAND MAID'S TALE MURICA will become a real thing.

I would vote for ANYTHING over the traitorous white supremacist fascist party republicans. I wonder who else has actual WILL to take our country back from these lunatics. They aren't going away on their own, and it will take a super majority voting against them to drive them back into the shadows of the fringe. But you go ahead and laugh...

I find it very telling, with all the evidence and the constant trend toward authoritarianism, fascism, and absolute lunacy the right has displayed, that all these Rs claiming to be against it still somehow mustered 73 Million Trump votes. This proves that a lot of these "I'm not like that" so-called moderate republicans are just publically ashamed of the crap they are STILL supporting with their votes.

And I see the same voters in here bashing Biden and bragging how the Rs will take power this year. Shameful.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/21/22 08:01 PM.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I know, I'm a radicalized lefty, huh? I mean, I didn't warn about any of the crap that's come to pass. I'm just a chicken little... AND you're an idiot. People so deplorable that they carried every drop of Trump's water are now in position to win political offices at every level of government and sworn to overturn elections that Rs don't win. And you don't see this as a problem?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/21/22 09:01 PM.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Thank you!

I know if you're calling me an idiot, I'm definitely on the right track. thumbsup

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
... AND you're an idiot.

Interesting.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Read my edit, then thank me again.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
... AND you're an idiot.

Interesting.

You report that yet? I could use the break.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.5

Link Copied to Clipboard