Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Justice Department raids home of former DOJ official at center of Jan. 6 panel's investigation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...f-jan-6-panel-s-investigation/ar-AAYNmvR

1 member likes this: mgh888
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Whoa boy...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Today's hearing continues to prove how corrupt trump and his allies truly are.

The Constitution, democracy, the history of soldiers who died to protect the integrity of the vote all of that means nothing to trump.

All that counts to trump is him remaining in power.

He would do anything no matter if it was illegal. The law, the country, the Constitution, means not a thing when compared to trump's greed for power.

The people telling the story are trump's appointed people. Not partisan democrats.

I know Fate and 40 et al will laugh at this post but January 6th was clearly an attempted coup, albeit a very poorly run coup. But now they know where their mistakes wete. If trump is re-elected I have no doubt he will take another run at it. This time make sure he has the right lackeys in the right places

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I said something similar and got called chicken little by a guy I later called a political idiot. But no need to rehash all of that, I agree 100%

E
Legend
Legend
E
lmao A coup? Americans are so soft. Thats not how you do a coup. A proper coup is done with WEAPONS AND BLOOD AND TAKEOVER CONTROL 0F ALL G0VT BUILDINGS. IT IS HIGHLY ORGANIZED AND BACKED BY MILITARY/MILITIAS. Not some idiot protestor mob who is out of control Yall are clueless. You dont have the slightest clue what a coup is.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: 40YEARSWAITING, FATE
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He said “attempted” coup. Obviously it failed. The fact that it failed is further demonstration that Trump was behind it.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist with that last part.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
It wasnt even an attempted coup. It was an out of control mob. Did you watch the video of them in the capital? They arent trying to take control of anything. They are walking around clueless.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
This is why I dont respect liberals. You all lie endlessly to self soothe and then you try to control others with your lies.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You hear that, 40? Eve was talking you, you darn liberal.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Joking aside, to get to your actual topic on self-soothing, I think that may be a projection. All I’ve seen is crickets from the far right in response to what the hearing is unveiling, my guess is because it’s pretty damning from an objective standpoint, quite honestly.

If you look up the definition of “coup” you come up with “ a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.” Jester said “attempted coup.” Based on the elements there, I don’t think what he said is out of bounds.

Trying to downplay the nature of what happened that day, especially in light of the information currently coming out, to me, speaks of self-soothing.

Oh, and I’m as liberal as Adam Kinzinger.

Last edited by dawglover05; 06/23/22 08:57 PM.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Theres not a reason the right will respond to you. We all know is a bunch of bs because you all scared crapless for a red wave and have tds. We see through your timewaster. The liberals can only push their hysteral tds button so many times before people tune them out.

That, and people are more concerned about real life problems such as inflation and gas prices.

No matter how many time the prez and libtards try to deflect from that, it wont work. Because its peoples lives at stake.

Dems look bad crying about Trump for the nth time, instead of dealing with actual problems in this country. It will backfire. Dems look tone deaf.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: 40YEARSWAITING, FATE
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: EveDawg
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Multiple House Republicans sought pardons after Capitol riot, hearing reveals
Former top Department of Justice officials who testified thwarted the then-president's election subversion by threatening a mass resignation.

GOP Congress members sought pardons after Jan. 6, hearing reveals

SharePlay Video
Photo credits: Drew Angerer, Anna Moneymaker, Kevin Dietsch, and Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

By KYLE CHENEY and NICHOLAS WU

06/23/2022 11:54 AM EDT

Updated: 06/23/2022 06:09 PM EDT

Days after Jan. 6, 2021, Republican lawmakers who strategized with President Donald Trump asked top White House officials to help arrange for pardons, according to testimony released Thursday by the select panel investigating the Capitol attack.

Several top Trump White House aides at the time, including special assistant Cassidy Hutchinson and aide Johnny McEntee, described outreach from multiple members of Congress seeking clemency: Reps. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Scott Perry (R-Pa.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.).

Additionally, according to the former Trump aides’ testimony, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) sent an email on Jan. 11, 2021, asking for “all purpose” pardons for every lawmaker who objected to electoral votes from Arizona and Pennsylvania. Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) never asked for a pardon but did request an update on the status of requests by other members, Hutchinson said.

The flurry of pardon requests followed what the select committee showed was weeks of efforts by Trump’s top congressional Republican defenders to spread misinformation about the results of the 2020 election. Those GOP lawmakers also helped apply pressure on the Justice Department to legitimize those false fraud claims. None of the lawmakers ever received pardons.

At an earlier hearing, the Jan. 6 panel showed an email from attorney John Eastman, one of the key architects of Trump’s bid to stay in power, asking to be placed on Trump’s “pardon list.” He, too, never received a pardon.

Brooks said in a statement that “the email request says it all,” citing concerns that Democrats would prosecute or jail Republicans for their objections to certifying the electoral votes. Greene, in a tweet, accused the committee of relying on hearsay, saying Hutchinson testified she “heard” about a pardon request. Gaetz, in a tweet, simply criticized the select panel. Perry, on the other hand, reiterated his denial that he asked for a pardon: “I stand by my statement that I never sought a Presidential pardon for myself or other Members of Congress.”

Its fifth public hearing underscored the lengths Trump and his allies went to enlist DOJ in his effort to seize a second term after losing the election. Trump’s top officials at the time — acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen, his deputy Richard Donoghue and former Office of Legal Counsel Chief Steven Engel — described a series of increasingly desperate meetings to fend off Trump’s effort to deploy DOJ in service of his effort, and an intense, ultimately successful effort to prevent him from installing a more compliant official atop the department.

“He pressured the justice Department to act as an arm of his reelection campaign,” select panel chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) said.

The panel also highlighted Trump’s own direct pressure on DOJ, which escalated in the days after former Attorney General William Barr announced his resignation in mid-December 2020.

”... Just say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the [Republican] Congressmen,” Donoghue recalled Trump saying during a Dec. 27, 2020, meeting.

The hearing highlighted how Trump’s West Wing became a haven for conspiracy theories about election fraud that he then tasked DOJ and other cabinet agencies to investigate. When the theories were debunked, Trump would fall back on new ones, often plucked from far-flung corners of the internet and laundered through pro-Trump channels until they reached the Oval Office.

“You guys may not be following the internet the way I do,” Trump told the officials, according to Thursday’s testimony.

Donoghue described one such theory — that Italian satellites had switched votes from Trump to Joe Biden — as “pure insanity.” But the select committee also showed that Trump’s newly appointed acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller called officials in Italy to inquire about the bizarre theory.

Much of the hearing emphasized how Trump’s allies in Congress helped ratchet up pressure on DOJ even as the Department systematically debunked Donald Trump’s election fraud claims.

The select panel showed Thursday that Perry — who now chairs the House Freedom Caucus — helped link Trump with Jeffrey Clark, a little-known DOJ environmental official whom Trump hoped would amplify his debunked claims of voter fraud. Perry brought Clark to the White House on Dec. 22, 2020, according to visitor logs released by the Capitol riot committee.

Trump would go as far as offering Clark the Justice Department’s top job, only to back down as Rosen, Donoghue and Engel — as well as then-White House Counsel Pat Cipollone — warned of a mass exodus within DOJ. Engel’s warning to Trump that a Clark-run DOJ would be a “graveyard” apparently affected Trump, the witnesses said, and he backed off the plan.

Donoghue emphasized that Trump made clear he wasn’t interested in the merit of any election fraud allegations — only in DOJ’s willingness to endorse them, then leave the rest to him and his allies. As part of that plot, Trump had pressed his DOJ leaders to issue a letter describing concerns about election irregularities in multiple states.

Clark was prepared to issue that letter, urging states to convene their legislatures and consider whether to appoint new presidential electors who would favor Trump. Clark, asked about these matters by the select committee during a deposition earlier this year, invoked his Fifth Amendment rights against potential self-incrimination and claimed executive privilege.

FBI officials raided Clark’s home Wednesday, a sign some select committee members saw as part of a rapidly escalating criminal inquiry against Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.

In court filings connected to its investigation, the committee revealed text messages between Perry and then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows in which Perry urged Meadows to elevate Clark at DOJ as quickly as possible. The two also discussed a potential deputy for Clark. The select committee has also obtained testimony that Meadows burned some papers in his office after meeting with Perry during those crucial post-election weeks.

Rosen and Donoghue also described their experiences on Jan. 6, noting that they were on the phone constantly with congressional leaders, cabinet officials, then-Vice President Mike Pence and senior White House aides. But they noted that they never heard from Trump amid the chaos.

Betsy Woodruff Swan and Anthony Adragna contributed reporting.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...trumps-efforts-to-meddle-at-doj-00041708

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by EveDawg
This is why I dont respect liberals. You all lie endlessly to self soothe and then you try to control others with your lies.

In one sentence you just explained Cult 45

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
David Charns
@davidcharns
· 23h
#BREAKING: FBI agents have served a search warrant on Nevada’s top GOP official as part of the investigation into the fake elector scheme, sources tell the @8NewsNow I-Team’s @gknapp. http://trib.al/8UFztQ0

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The Dems are absolutely tone deaf. No argument from me there.

You’re still deflecting, however.

Oh, and the most damning statements throughout this whole thing were made by Republicans, both as witnesses and on the panel.

Talking about the problems our country is experiencing, the inability of the Democrats to remove their own heads from their rears, and talking about the gravity of everything coming out of these hearings is to me like chewing gum and walking in a straight line. They are all issues to be discussed.

If you don’t think this is a serious issue, well then, I don’t know what to tell you. You’ve based your facts on your conclusion and not the other way around.

You guys can respond in a “Thanks Y’all” style format with memes and gifs and whatnot, but it’s just that. Deflection and projection. No substance.

Last edited by dawglover05; 06/23/22 09:49 PM.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, Jester
Legend
Legend
January 6th was clearly an attempted coup, albeit a very poorly run coup. But now they know where their mistakes wete. If trump is re-elected I have no doubt he will take another run at it. This time make sure he has the right lackeys in the right places

a failed coup attempt is merely the trial run for a successful coup attempt.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
It wasnt even an attempted coup. It was an out of control mob. Did you watch the video of them in the capital? They arent trying to take control of anything. They are walking around clueless.

You haven't been watching the hearings.
The mob was the weapon. The coup was the plot to subvert the transfer of power. A plot hatched at/near the top.
There is no debating this- it's all being laid out in front of the American public as I type this.

These hearings are 3 hours long. That means we've now had 15 hours of irrefutable testimony, dot-connecting and damning 1st-person reports of who said what at what specific time. Damning testimony that exposed plots to send fake electors and fake electoral ballots. Plots to replace key officials with lackeys that were foiled by decent people saying 'no- I won't break my oath for you.' A 7-layer plot, dissected on a lab table for all America to see, with Liz Cheney playing the role of Biology Teacher. 15 hours of this.

There is video evidence that these people knew they were at the Capitol to stop the proceedings- and said so, on camera. On purpose, with no prevarication whatsoever. They looked into the camera and said: "Trump sent us- this is our duty as patriots." They chanted "Hang Mike Pence," and had a hit list of officials they were trying to find. Plans for "quick strike" weapons deployment were in place, however clumsily executed.

You are wrong.
They looked like a motley mob, but that mob was handled/manipulated/used/aimed/directed every step of the way. It failed because these goons executed like baboons.

The tool didn't do this. The "craftsmen" did.
And they should be held to account.

4 members like this: PitDAWG, dawglover05, bonefish
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is needed is information between the Oath Keepers and/or Proud Boys and the Trump cronies.

Roger Stone is my guess, but I suspect it may be others.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Eh you should go read about actual coups in other countries. Like Libya and such.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

You haven't been watching the hearings.
The mob was the weapon. The coup was the plot to subvert the transfer of power. A plot hatched at/near the top.
There is no debating this- it's all being laid out in front of the American public as I type this.

These hearings are 3 hours long. That means we've now had 15 hours of irrefutable testimony, dot-connecting and damning 1st-person reports of who said what at what specific time. Damning testimony that exposed plots to send fake electors and fake electoral ballots. Plots to replace key officials with lackeys that were foiled by decent people saying 'no- I won't break my oath for you.' A 7-layer plot, dissected on a lab table for all America to see, with Liz Cheney playing the role of Biology Teacher. 15 hours of this.

There is video evidence that these people knew they were at the Capitol to stop the proceedings- and said so, on camera. On purpose, with no prevarication whatsoever. They looked into the camera and said: "Trump sent us- this is our duty as patriots." They chanted "Hang Mike Pence," and had a hit list of officials they were trying to find. Plans for "quick strike" weapons deployment were in place, however clumsily executed.

You are wrong.
They looked like a motley mob, but that mob was handled/manipulated/used/aimed/directed every step of the way. It failed because these goons executed like baboons.

The tool didn't do this. The "craftsmen" did.
And they should be held to account.

In order for it to be laid out for the American people.... The American people actuary have to pay attention. Go figure we have some that don't.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O

It meets the definition of a coup, no matter how bad you want to downplay it. Face it, you're in a party of traitorous insurrectionists that attempted a coup and failed. Sorry if you are struggling to wrap your mind around that FACT.

O
Legend
Legend
O

NOPE. You and your ilk DENY endlessly what the rest of the world (not just libs) sees plainly.

Legend
Legend
Based upon what we've seen, this 'gang that couldn't shoot straight' pretty much laid out their step-by-step on insanely traceable platforms, for the most part. We might yet see more dots connected.

I've watched every minute of this proceeding and I know how to recognize History being made. I was 14 when Woodward & Bernstein dropped NixonTruth- and I intuited the importance, even way back then. I see this as a moment of importance similar to that place in time.

Follow the leads.
Flip the guppies to expose the minnows.
Work your way to the sharks.

What should land on the American public's psyche after today's airing of dirty laundry: we came dangerously close to losing our way of governance, save for a handful of people in various roles along the chain who stood up to a coordinated pressure campaign to reject/ignore Our Founding Principles. Too many people failed to step up before things even came to 1/6. That realization should shake us to our core. What should truly terrify us is this: 1/6 wasn't the end of anything. These people are still openly working toward the same ends.

This select committee hearing has been conducted like an expertly-executed prosecuting attorney's trial case: they laid out intent, means, motive, opportunity... and tied each of these elements together in a timeline narrative that leaves zero doubt as to intent, attempt, and end result.

Only a few connex need to be made for a compete picture to be seen.

What America does with this info will tell us what we can expect for the next 10-20 years.

May God protect us from ourselves.

4 members like this: PitDAWG, dawglover05, mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
One of the talking heads said it best, paraphrasing it went something like this: "Going into this, the country was almost evenly split politically with roughly 30% of the country counted among the hard-core Trump supporters who will not be swayed by facts. Another 30% on the left are convinced this was a coup and want all of the participants jailed and any political leaders involved removed and banned from holding office. The committee is focused on reaching the middle 40% that CAN BE SWAY BY FACTS, showing them proof that this was not only an attempted coup but that Donald Trump led it."

Eve is one of the right's factually unswayable. There are several of those here. I'm part of the 30% on the left and there are many of us here. But the majority on the board seem to be in the 40% middle. Those are the people we need to reach. Between the January 6th hearings, Supreme Court rulings, Texas GOP Platform, and all of the other rotten to the core republican hate-based actions taken lately and prior to the next two elections; the left hopes to overcome the economic nightmare we are currently experiencing, the ongoing effects of the covid pandemic, and other political topics being weaponized against the left by the Trumpan Q right propaganda machine. Thinking individuals will have to weigh a future under liberal leadership vs. Trumpian/Q leadership. I think it's going to be a no-brainer unless the right does a 180 and runs back to the center, nominating moderate candidates. Either outcome would be good for the country IMO.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/24/22 02:21 AM.
Legend
Legend
You should watch the hearings.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Eh you should go read about actual coups in other countries. Like Libya and such.

That’s like the end of the Cleveland tourism video that says “At least we’re not Detroit!”

Deflection.

Last edited by dawglover05; 06/24/22 07:50 AM.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I obviously can’t confirm your numbers but that would otherwise seem like a fair assessment based on everything we’ve been seeing poll wise.

I fell in the 40%. When this all started, I pretty much fell in line with Chris Wallace and his remarks but I tried to keep an open mind.

The hearings have definitely exceeded my expectation in terms of substance. I haven’t seen any counter-substance however.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lmao A coup? Americans are so soft. Thats not how you do a coup. A proper coup is done with WEAPONS AND BLOOD AND TAKEOVER CONTROL 0F ALL G0VT BUILDINGS. IT IS HIGHLY ORGANIZED AND BACKED BY MILITARY/MILITIAS. Not some idiot protestor mob who is out of control Yall are clueless. You dont have the slightest clue what a coup is.

Do you really believe the garbage you are saying there... "Some Idiot Protestor Mob" You think that's all it was? REALLY..

Have you take the time to view the videos? Can't have, other wise, even you would agree it wasn't "SOME" it was Hundreds of protestors who ADMIT that they were there because Trump told them to be there.

Have you listened to any of the Jan 6 hearings? My guess is you haven't because you don't want to explain how wrong you've been about Trump.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
In fairness to Eve, I don't think she's "wrong about Trump." I don't see a whole lot of people - other than the obvious posters on here - who are firmly in Trump's corner.

My problem is the enabling side of it, though, by people who aren't necessarily in his corner, but who can't get over a paradigm belief that it's always the liberals who are at fault. There's a fear element that turns into deflection and willful blindness. To me, that's the biggest problem in all of this.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Just because someone is too stupid to do it the right way doesn't mean it didn't happen. Let's recap.

Did he try to coerce state election officials to overturn the election? Yes.

Did he try to coerce the DOJ into overturning the election? Yes.

Did he have help from members in congress by attempting to insert fake electors into overturning our election? Yes.

Were malitia's involved in the insurrection? Yes.

Stomping your feet and yelling won't change any of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
jUsT anOThEr ToUriST dAy aT ThE CapiToL…

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

I love this woman.

Legend
Legend
AOC is a tough young woman.. Very outspoken.. at times, too much so, but still, I like her also.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Theres not a reason the right will respond to you. We all know is a bunch of bs because you all scared crapless for a red wave and have tds. We see through your timewaster. The liberals can only push their hysteral tds button so many times before people tune them out.

That, and people are more concerned about real life problems such as inflation and gas prices.

No matter how many time the prez and libtards try to deflect from that, it wont work. Because its peoples lives at stake.

Dems look bad crying about Trump for the nth time, instead of dealing with actual problems in this country. It will backfire. Dems look tone deaf.

Well I have responded any number of times to this Kangaroo Court, Dog and Pony show.

I shall respond again...

Prepare for page 5 of this open and shut case, PFFT!

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

I love this woman.

I have my issues with AOC, but good grief did she just body bag MTG.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You must consider however it's MTG. She's not exactly rocket scientist material. In military terms she would be what's known as a soft target.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I see how your respect for women works now.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You earn some types of respect. She has not earned that type.
I can respect someone for their humanity. For being a person that lives a life separate from mine. In this way I ‘respect’ her personhood.
But she has made it clear she’s an awful human. I have no respect for her as a member of a collective society. She’s a scourge.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I see how your respect for women works now.

Of course you do. You're exactly the type that would try to compare that to beating a woman or the sexual abuse of women. Some people will reach to any length to try to make a point that doesn't exist. Who is looking to fight again? lmao

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p4

Link Copied to Clipboard