Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
what's the over/under on Robby Anderson's dad posting game tape of baker mid season?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
O
Legend
Legend
O
This has week one loss written all over it and I want to hear the excuses then. Matter of fact, I bet Baker leads them to the playoffs this year and the browns don’t make it. You heard it here.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Who knows what will happen week one? Baker's second year many were predicting big things after acquiring OBJ. The Browns came out, at home, and got Blown out 43-13 by a 9-7 Titans team. I am a wait and see type of guy. Plus, predictions when we don't even know who our QB is going to be would be guessing at best

Legend
Legend

Bucky was spitting straight facts.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: jfanent
O
Legend
Legend
O
BS Baker hater stuff. Wanna bet pink slips Baker starts?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/09/22 09:12 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I don't think it's a gimme that Baker starts. Do you think he's just going to be handed the starting job?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We lose the first game of the season every year. This better be the season we break that streak, or the criticism will be brutal. Totally unbearable!!!

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Swish I really like Bucky. He and Daniel Jeremiah are my two favorite evaluators. However I had two disagreements with what he said, one somewhat factual and one pure opinion. When Bucky described baker’s career he gave her m a one good season career. I do not remember the name that he used but he described baker’s rookie season as meh, or ok or something like that, and that is plain wrong. He neglected to consider the context of the season. We were coming off 1-31, worst team in football by far. He got 0 starter reps until he was thrown into the jets game trailing and led us to our first win in forever. He proceeded to lead us to a 7-6-1 record setting a td record for rookie qbs, with few interceptions. He changed the dynamic of the browns. So his rookie season was way more than ok.

He is the expert but I think baker will start game one and play enough to trigger the fourth round pick for us. I have liked baker so maybe I am biased but that is what I believe.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I think he will win it!

M
Legend
Legend
M
I mean none of it matters - but the Bucky take was way over the top. Not only did we all see what BM did as a rookie on a team that looked insipid with Tyrod - his second year was straight trash under Kitchens and the 21 interceptions in that one year is nearly 40% of ALL his interceptions in his career. Baker's played really badly - but Bucky acted like Baker has never played well - never thrown 21 straight completitions, never came within a missed call of beating the Cheifs in the championship game. Acted like the difference between pre-injury and post injury completion % wasn't real 2021. No mention of Myles and other Browns who have said positive things about Baker.... not rah rah stuff to be sure, but Bucky saying no-one had said anything was not accurate.

None of it matters. The inconsistency, drama and attitude are gone. I fully expect him to win the starting role for the Panthers. No clue if the Panthers can beat the Browns week 1 - it shouldn't be close because the Browns roster is simply stacked - we were talking about that in the other thread - I think we were ranked 6th? While the Panthers (as I posted yesterday) are ranked anywhere from 29th to 25th or something by PFF, ESPN and SI.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
If not they have been retracted. They are removed.

Settled is not removed.

They are nonexistent now. They are void.

They are still a part of the record. The testimony in those cases still exist.

They are recanted.

Nothing was recanted.

Pick whichever statement makes your feelz all better but the accusations are no more from them

So the fact that the lawsuits were settled means they no longer claim he did what they accused him of?

You have incessantly beat a drum that he is guilty merely because he is a male and there are a nonnull set of women that accuse him.

Just because I'm not ignorant enough to do the mental gymnastics it would take to think that a lawyer and 24 women cooked up some kind of conspiracy theory and plot against one man, don't blame me. And if you want to pretend there's no evidence indicating he is at least guilty in some of these accusations, that's a you problem.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Baker_Dawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Settled is not removed.

They are recanted.

Nothing was recanted.

Pick whichever statement makes your feelz all better but the accusations are no more from them

So the fact that the lawsuits were settled means they no longer claim he did what they accused him of?

You have incessantly beat a drum that he is guilty merely because he is a male and there are a nonnull set of women that accuse him.

Just because I'm not ignorant enough to do the mental gymnastics it would take to think that a lawyer and 24 women cooked up some kind of conspiracy theory and plot against one man, don't blame me. And if you want to pretend there's no evidence indicating he is at least guilty in some of these accusations, that's a you problem.

So what, exactly, do you think Watson should apologize for in lawsuits that are settled? SHould he apologize for raping women and being a predator? SHould he apologize for not buying them some gum?

The settled lawsuits are done. He has nothing to apologize for there. Period.

The NFL will do what the NFL will do with the idea he settled them, it does not change the fact that they are settled and the accusers have removed the accusations, that's what settlements do. They stop accusing, he claims no liability. The accusations in those suits are null and void. All that is left is some settlement contract and a bank draft receipt.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B

Settled is not removed.

They are recanted.

Nothing was recanted.

So what, exactly, do you think Watson should apologize for in lawsuits that are settled? SHould he apologize for raping women and being a predator? SHould he apologize for not buying them some gum?

The settled lawsuits are done. He has nothing to apologize for there. Period.

The NFL will do what the NFL will do with the idea he settled them, it does not change the fact that they are settled and the accusers have removed the accusations, that's what settlements do. They stop accusing, he claims no liability. The accusations in those suits are null and void. All that is left is some settlement contract and a bank draft receipt.

Yeah Pitdawg. So he allegedly assaulted/harassed/manipulated 24 women, let it go, nothing to see hear. We are desperate browns fans that will cheer for even the most deviant human beings for a win.

Legend
Legend
We are desperate browns fans that will cheer for even the most deviant human beings for a win.

Sheesh. You are one butt hurt Baker fan, aren't you?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Carolinas oline is similar to the Bengals oline from 2021.
One solid OT and 4 very average guards tackle center
Yet Cincy went to the Super Bowl with a oline that helped surrender
50 sacks on Burrow
But Mayfield isn't Burrow. Burrow can take a hit and still
Have perfect ball placement.
If Mayfield gets pressured he runs into sacks, or sails the ball
Over the targets
Ruhl has his work cut out in trying to keep Baker poised
When everything around is off schedule

So you blame Baker for not taking the Panthers to the Super Bowl in 2021 - Sacks I thought is indicative of a QB holding onto a ball too long. Btw what are Watson's sacks totals.

Also again you are clueless in picking your battles. What is Baker's record against Burrows??? I thought so.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
And we won't mention Joe Mixon, Jammar Chase or the other WR. 🤣

P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't seem to understand that settling a lawsuit doesn't change the accusations. The accusations were not recanted. The victims are not now saying these things didn't happen. Everyone seems to understand that except for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As part of settling lawsuits the accusers agree to drop the accusations, and waive the right to further legal proceedings. They are not longer pointing their fingers at him. They are no longer saying he did anything. in a legal complaint. They can still think whatever they wish in their own heads, but they aren't going to continue to have a legal complaint against him. Those 20 complaints are settled and gone.

You seem to not understand that, but you think you get to speak for everyone. Next time try speaking only for you.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The situation Baker is going into with Carolina doesn't look good. We've read Ben Mcadoo's opinion of Baker coming out of college. His criticisms of Baker seem to have come to fruition and I'm sure his opinion hasn't changed much not to mention what Robie Anderson said. Well, we'll wait and see how things turn out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, in a legal sense. In a legal case. In regards to a legal claim. Settling lawsuits also do not make you innocent of the accusations. Settling simply means that watson compensated those making the accusations. The accusations were not dropped other than legal proceedings based on terms of compensation. And that's because watson actually paid compensation to make the litigation go away. The accusations can simply no longer be litigated in court because watson paid to stop that from happening. When did they stop saying he did anything? You seem to be confused between the fact it can no longer be litigated and the women no longer saying he did something to them. Those aren't the same thing. No, these victims didn't recant anything.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ah, in a legal sense. In a legal case. In regards to a legal claim. Settling lawsuits also do not make you innocent of the accusations. Settling simply means that watson compensated those making the accusations. The accusations were not dropped other than legal proceedings based on terms of compensation. And that's because watson actually paid compensation to make the litigation go away. The accusations can simply no longer be litigated in court because watson paid to stop that from happening. When did they stop saying he did anything? You seem to be confused between the fact it can no longer be litigated and the women no longer saying he did something to them. Those aren't the same thing. No, these victims didn't recant anything.

You don't know what they agreed to to reach a settlement. Recanting in a sealed document may very well have been involved.

The alleged victims took money for alleged sex acts. Make of that what you will.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So that would also mean neither does anyone else, correct? And watson paid to settle the allegations against him. Make of that what you will.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by eotab
Carolinas oline is similar to the Bengals oline from 2021.
One solid OT and 4 very average guards tackle center
Yet Cincy went to the Super Bowl with a oline that helped surrender
50 sacks on Burrow
But Mayfield isn't Burrow. Burrow can take a hit and still
Have perfect ball placement.
If Mayfield gets pressured he runs into sacks, or sails the ball
Over the targets
Ruhl has his work cut out in trying to keep Baker poised
When everything around is off schedule

So you blame Baker for not taking the Panthers to the Super Bowl in 2021 - Sacks I thought is indicative of a QB holding onto a ball too long. Btw what are Watson's sacks totals.

Also again you are clueless in picking your battles. What is Baker's record against Burrows??? I thought so.
I can't blame Baker Mayfield if the Panthers do not reach the SB. I blame the Panthers organization
For using the Browns template of recent years and having a revolving door
At QB. Bridgwater, Darnold, now Mayfield
Mayfield is not a QB that can get a team to a SB. That's been proven

QB sacks are manufactured in many forms.a QB holding the ball too long is one
Of many. The Browns gave up the 5th or 6th most sacks in 2021.
A good deal of those are attributed to Mayfield of scrambling his way into sacks
It's not opinion. Next Gen stats support this.
So what if Watson held the ball too long.....he's simply keeping a,play alive
Instead of just throwing a ball downfield against coverage he doesn't like

Mayfield's record vs Burrow means nothing. Yeah he is 3-0. Whoopie
What's Mayfield's record vs Mahomes compared to Burrow's vs Mahomes
Which QB reached reached a SB ?

Mayfield and Matt Ruhle are both fighting for their revelancy now.
And right in the middle is a OC who thinks very little of Mayfield

M
Legend
Legend
M

Rookie year - on a 1-31 team.
2nd year - Freddie Kitchens.
3rd Year - a missed call from going to the Championship Game.
4th Year - injured.

There's a lot to criticize Baker's performances on. Proclaiming the book is written is more than asinine.

3 members like this: Ballpeen, WSU Willie, PitDAWG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Have you heard them continue to accuse him? Has their attorney continued? You really seem confused on how this works. You don't get to be paid off and then continue the behavior you were paid to stop. That would be breach of contract. And since the settlement likely also had an NDA even talking about it would be.

The accusations by them are gone. You use what ever word you need to get past it, but those accusations are no longer active, they are gone. The simply don't exist anymore. They did, they do not. Counting them as accusers is misleading. They were, they are not.

You got to fight twice on Sunday. Your day must be heaven.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So that would also mean neither does anyone else, correct? And watson paid to settle the allegations against him. Make of that what you will.

He didn't pay them for the sex/accusations. He paid them to go away, as they say.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

He didn't pay them for the sex/accusations. He paid them to go away, as they say.

That's a great spin on things. He paid them off. Now what were they doing that he paid them off not to do? Sue him for sexual misconduct.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C
I'm just here waiting for the season to begin!!! i absolutely cannot wait to come back here to watch all the people CRYING after Baker destroys the CLOWNS week 1...
All the while getting paid 10 million by the Clowns to do it.....

Last edited by Moxdawg; 07/10/22 02:24 PM.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The litigation was settled. That's all. You seem to try to use the excuse that because there may very well be an NDA that prevents them from discussing the cases that somehow they claim it didn't happen. You do realize that's not the same thing, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You two have been saying the same thing.

Those cases are settled; done and gone.. They almost certainly had to sign an NDA. They are now under an effective gag order and will not be talking, BUT everything they said prior to this is still out there and hasn't gone away, and may even still be able to be used since it would be public record. The settlement, unless it involved a recantment, which would also be them committing perjury, does not take away what was out there already, but it does end any future actions and talking and eliminates them from the pool that can/will speak out about any of it.

Now.... take it to a Watson thread, lol
Baker always was, and still is, a separate topic (despite some on here being absolutely incapable of separating Baker from any of it) wink

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: IrishDawg42
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The litigation was settled. That's all. You seem to try to use the excuse that because there may very well be an NDA that prevents them from discussing the cases that somehow they claim it didn't happen. You do realize that's not the same thing, right?

I've never claimed what happened or what didn't.

I said they are no longer accusing him. You keep having issue with that, mostly I suspect, because "So you believe 4 women are lying" doesn't have the same twang as "So you believe 24 women are lying!"

Sorry you lost your drum set.

Legend
Legend
bro, one of baker's WR and his OC didn't even want him here.

i really do wonder what that training camp dynamic is gonna look like. Does the panthers get a humbled Baker, or one who's gonna start running his mouth out the gate?

i think Baker is better than Darnold, but Darnold might win the comp simply because the players can't stand Baker and rather die on the hill with Sam.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You said recanted. Those are two different things. But I'm quite sure you know that.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by mgh888

Rookie year - on a 1-31 team.
2nd year - Freddie Kitchens.
3rd Year - a missed call from going to the Championship Game.
4th Year - injured.

There's a lot to criticize Baker's performances on. Proclaiming the book is written is more than asinine.
Rookie year. Broke Mannings TD passes record .tons of Baker's fans
Get idiotic tattoos of him on their bodies

2nd year.came into camp 20 lbs heavier. And his ego oversized
Admitted at end of the year he got complacent in year 2.

3rd year. Looked to be in better shape. Benefited from a offensive
Gameplan that hid his shortcomings. Haha short.

Benefited from a rather easy schedule that year. And had off the field issues

4th year. His maturity issues came into focus. Injuried non throwing
Shoulder on a stupid attempt to make a tackle
Threw for more INTS than TDS in 2nd half of the season
Couldnt produce wins in the 4th q.
Locker room is divided.
Opts to sit out last game of the year. Making more team mates to resent him

Year 5. Traded. None of the current roster is sad to see him to go.

Kinda funny if I recall in the games that Mayfield did play well in
After the injury , the Baker honks never mentioned the Injury.
Only when he played subpar.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish
bro, one of baker's WR and his OC didn't even want him here.

i really do wonder what that training camp dynamic is gonna look like. Does the panthers get a humbled Baker, or one who's gonna start running his mouth out the gate?

i think Baker is better than Darnold, but Darnold might win the comp simply because the players can't stand Baker and rather die on the hill with Sam.

The McAdoo comments were from 2018. I think it's a stretch to say he doesn't want him in CLT. And based on what Darnold did last year - I'd say , yeah McAdoo wants him in CLT.

Anderson states his comment was simply to support his then starting QB. Maybe maybe not - but you went from one rando tweet from one WR who took it back to "the players can't stand Baker" ... that's quite the jump huh.

Adding - just the way that BM handled the OBJ issue when OBJ did the dirty on him and you could've easily seen an immature and ugly response. Despite some thinking BM handled this offseason badly - he's really not done much to ruffle feathers. I think CLT gets a more mature Baker who will be motivated. I doubt he's going to be a running his mouth. Hell if the Panthers beat the Browns week 1 - I doubt if there's even a stare down.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/10/22 07:31 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
none of what you wrote helps justify the book being written and closed on BM.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by mgh888
none of what you wrote helps justify the book being written and closed on BM.
Look I think Baker will have a rebound year. I can envision a 3400 yd / 21 TD 14 INT yr.
But he is not a QB that can take a team to a SB. He lacks any of the traits that the last
Few SB QBS possess.
I don't even see the Panthers making the playoffs. Even as weak as the NFC is.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Nope, Mary Kay will still be all in on Mayfield even though he plays for Carolina now.

It is her mission. She will try to run Jacoby Biscuit and Deshaun Watson out of town too.

I'll see you at training camp Mary Kay, lol.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Also, I hope people aren't ignoring the elephant in the room.

Stefanski and his play calling is still a problem. Something needs to be done about that.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Traded to Carolina

Link Copied to Clipboard