M
Legend
Legend
M
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

4 members like this: Hammer, SunDawg, oobernoober
2nd String
2nd String
So my guess is the one year suspension must be happening. Brisset is better than Rosen but Rosen is better than Dobbs. The only way this happens if they have the info already. Not like there was a rush to pick up Rosen.

Who let the Dawgs out???
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Xanthros
So my guess is the one year suspension must be happening. Brisset is better than Rosen but Rosen is better than Dobbs. The only way this happens if they have the info already. Not like there was a rush to pick up Rosen.

I think it has more to do with Dobbs not being very good ! Give Brisset a little better back up !

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dobbs must be terrible.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
M
Legend
Legend
M

I think it might be more about the Browns bracing for/expecting a suspension in general and wanting three active QBs on the roster. I don't think it directly points to a full season. It could be four games and they might want 3 guys to work with, and once Watson would come back, one is cut.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm fine with this signing for various reasons.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I seem to remember Rosen's college coach saying Rosen would never be happy in Cleveland. He needed bright lights, big city, museums, and culture. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh the irony.....

I have a good friend of mine whos grandson played HS football with Josh Rosen. They remain in contact. There was some speculation at the time that the Browns had interest, but let's just say it was not mutual.

I watched a lot of Josh in college and would have never guessed that he would have had as difficult time as he had.

But college and the NFL are not the same, and I hope that both Josh and the Browns are able to get the past behind them.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

D
Legend
Legend
D
AB showing solidarity with Sashi re: AJ McCarron & Hue? Does the QB trailer get a hot tub now?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I'm fine with this signing for various reasons.

I'm fine with it as well. Just a necessity at this point.

Jmo - but, who's to say he'd beat out Dobbs anyway?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I think it might be more about the Browns bracing for/expecting a suspension in general and wanting three active QBs on the roster. I don't think it directly points to a full season. It could be four games and they might want 3 guys to work with, and once Watson would come back, one is cut.

This makes sense.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns have not, /can not/ chose not to?/ take your pick,
The Browns did not go 5 months in this one offseason with a consistent plan at quarterback.

Where the buck stops with the owners.
By December the Browns could have the Vikings 3rd string QB as their next plan at Quarterback.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Oh the irony.....

I have a good friend of mine whos grandson played HS football with Josh Rosen. They remain in contact. There was some speculation at the time that the Browns had interest, but let's just say it was not mutual.

I watched a lot of Josh in college and would have never guessed that he would have had as difficult time as he had.

But college and the NFL are not the same, and I hope that both Josh and the Browns are able to get the past behind them.

I don't blame Josh for not wanting to come to Cleveland and the circus that was being led by Hue.

As far as Josh and the Browns getting the past behind them, was there ever a past to have to put behind ?

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I think I would rather have DR Rosenrosen or DR Rosenp*nis from Fletch.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Oh the irony.....

I don't blame Josh for not wanting to come to Cleveland and the circus that was being led by Hue.

As far as Josh and the Browns getting the past behind them, was there ever a past to have to put behind ?

You post this as if the circus in Cleveland has ever stopped. I’ve been watching a the same sad crap since 2019. At 51 years old, I’m pretty damned convinced it’s never going to be over.

Last edited by IrishDawg42; 07/21/22 08:32 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, there goes the ham sandwich. This DW ordeal is going to send the organization to the poor house. Wow, we must be desperate.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'd like to get a point across.
On the one hand, you could have a run of the mill, reasonable QB situation with some time in the league on the team built in, for instance on the one hand let's say, for the sake of argument on the one hand,
you'd have perhaps a Ryan Tannehill on the Titans, or a Kirk Cousins on the Vikings, that would represent the QB situation that has had time to develop, and grow, and stay on the same team.

Now, on the other hand, you could have what the Browns appear to be chasing. On this 2nd hand you could have what the Browns are doing and for the Sake of Argument I'll say, the Browns' while soo much chasing the next greatest improvement,
Let's pretend the Browns are for the sake of argument allowed to sign Tom Brady today for the veteran league minimum.

Now! I'll say, that, because of the continuity and the time put in with the same team, and the fact, the intangible fact,
the complete intangible that a player who has put in some time on one team, will give the extra effort when the chips are down and the mud hits the quarterpanels will outperform a player who is just signed, and will do it consistently.

Therefore, on the first hand, both Ryan Tannehill on the Titans, and Kirk Cousins on the Vikings, if allowed to stay and given the commitment and the teams' support,
would both outperform a hypothetical Tom Brady signed by the Browns for a league veteran minimum.
Because they know their team.
Because they know their division and teams schedule.
Because they know their everything, had some time to develop, and had their teams support.

I don't know if the Browns will ever learn that. But the Browns, where the buck stops with the owners, seem to be going with an entirely new plan at the Quarterback position every 5 months.

It's not even getting funny anymore, it's preposterous.
(Can we honestly say Kellon Mond, aka the Vikings 3rd stringer, would Not be the Browns Qb in the next 12 months? Nobody knows, but,
it's not this way with every franchise in the NFL. The Browns are an outlier in that regard.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I think we actually downgraded the QB room.

Is Kevin Johnson available?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: THROW LONG, OldColdDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Wow, we must be desperate.

brownie

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm available to be the third QB... though as soon as I sign Im going on IR.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Was Uncle Rico busy??

2 members like this: FORTBROWNFAN, AZBrown
Legend
Legend
Just how bad is Dobbs?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Ahhh... So Rosen will be chosen...

To be the backup to the backup.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by LexDawg
Was Uncle Rico busy??

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Amazing how the Browns organization has employed 2 QB busts from the same draft
Josh Rosen as soon as adversity smacked him in the face at the NFL level
He folded like bedsheets at a Chinese laundry.
He never had to struggle in life. Everything handed to him. Never had to work
For anything. File him under soft and fragile

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Amazing how the Browns organization has employed 2 QB busts from the same draft
Josh Rosen as soon as adversity smacked him in the face at the NFL level
He folded like bedsheets at a Chinese laundry.
He never had to struggle in life. Everything handed to him. Never had to work
For anything. File him under soft and fragile

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LMFAO ... wtf

O
Legend
Legend
O
Now we have two QB's on the roster that I don't want on the team. Both are embarrassments. Can only hope the other two are not. Can't imagine wanting to watch Rosen play for half the season or more, OMG. banghead

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Halfback32
I seem to remember Rosen's college coach saying Rosen would never be happy in Cleveland. He needed bright lights, big city, museums, and culture. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

The irony is Cleveland has the museums and culture that rate with cities much larger. The Art Museum and Natural History museum are wonderful. The Rock Hall . The orchestra has a world reputation, and Playhouse Square is about as good as it gets in this country outside of Broadway. I have never been to the Science center, I may have to check it out on one of my trips up this year.

As for Rosen, I don't think it reflects in any way on what Watson might get in the way of suspension. I think it reflects more on Dobbs and also reflects on Brissett in some ways. When i say brissett, maybe a bit on wanting some better competition to push Brissett in camp, but more likely it provides us with a back-up for the future.

Whichever QB plays in place of Watson, he will have tape to build on seeking a starting gig somewhere else. I doubt we will be able to sign them to that $7mil per year back-up QB gig. The guy who doesn't get the starting job while Watson is out might be ready to sign that 3 year, $24 mil deal to be the Browns longer term back-up.

I think this is posturing to have a long term back-up in the system as we move past this season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
May the least crappy guy win the 3rd string QB job.

and then lose it to somebody we pick up on waivers after the final cuts.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

Well we did have a open roster spot after trading Baker.

[Linked Image]

2nd String
2nd String
I would have rather seen them go after Minshew than Rosen. You would think they would have stayed away from any other QB from that draft not named Allen or Jackson.

Who let the Dawgs out???
O
Legend
Legend
O
Rosen definitely fits with one of the FO's bread-and-butter... high draft picks that didn't work out for some reason.

That said, I felt like we had a VERY specific type of QB in mind after we acquired Watson... and I feel we have broken away from that in a pretty significant way with Rosen. That leads me to wonder what they really want out of him. I think their intention is much closer to camp arm vs anything longer term.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Agree, camp arm....and check out his arm length......REALLY short arms for 6'4" guy.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people have convinced themselves that signing Rosen isn't an indication of exactly what the Browns are expecting to hear in the Robinson decision shortly. They didn't sign him expecting a 4-6 game suspension. Good luck with that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And some people have convinced themselves that Watson is a rapey predator that should never play football again.

Yet, no one outside of the actual investigation knows much really.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
P
Legend
Legend
P
26 women did. Or in the case of the Texans, 30 women.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Let's keep the Watson drama in a Watson thread, please. This thread is depressing enough all on its own.

Thanks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

5 members like this: PerfectSpiral, jfanent, 3rd_and_20
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Let's keep the Watson drama in a Watson thread, please. This thread is depressing enough all on its own.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Some may be right it is for a camp arm, but I don't think so. Teams don't do that with a vet. That is usually some young undrafted guy. Rosen is here to have a shot to make the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Josh Rosen

Link Copied to Clipboard