Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
This explains it:

White House posts pic of Biden, 79, back in his mask in isolation after he tested positive for COVID AGAIN after falling foul of 'rebound' case common in elderly patients who have taken Paxlovid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ve-COVID-goes-White-House-isolation.html

If I'm remembering correctly the same thing happened to Fauci.

FATE #1959484 07/30/22 09:09 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's a post paxlovid relapse syndrome that's been seen in a small percentage of patients. Tends ro be very mildly symptomatic but isolation is recommended

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1959496 07/30/22 10:26 PM
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Seems that Pfizer reported the rebound frequency as 1-2%... same as placebo. Hard to tell though, when no testing was required.

Crazy that both Biden and Fauci had relapses... but now the real story is that reinfection rates approach 40%.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1959507 07/31/22 12:58 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lol of course he tested positive again. Smh

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Biden tests positive for Covid again, will restart isolation despite no new symptoms

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/30/bid...t-isolation-despite-no-new-symptoms.html

P.S. My doctor told me those testing kits are designed to test positive, so maybe that's it? Or he may still have some of the virus in his system.

I guess one way to look at it is the President needs something to be positive.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: FATE, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, like gas prices falling.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Do you credit Biden for the slow decrease in prices?

P
Legend
Legend
P
About as much as Republicans blamed him for it. Are you saying gas prices falling isn't positive news for Biden? Because as much as you would like to make more out of it than that, that's what I said. It's actually positive news for all of us isn't it?

Slow decline? I guess if you consider a month slow.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You are a special person.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So here you are again today attempting to once again do what you do so poorly. Speaking of special.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Of course!

Gas prices rise? NOT Biden's fault.

Gas prices fall? Joe Biden did that!

Gas prices $2 higher than when he took office? DANCE IN THE STREETS!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: jfanent, EveDawg
FATE #1959604 07/31/22 07:18 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

Of course!

Gas prices rise? NOT Biden's fault.

Gas prices fall? Joe Biden did that!

Gas prices $2 higher than when he took office? DANCE IN THE STREETS!

I stay out of these talks because no POTUS has very much control over market forces regardless of party.
They can nibble at the edges, but little else.
Like QB, they either get all the praise or all the blame. Sometimes, they get both during a term in office.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: FATE
FATE #1959607 07/31/22 07:54 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
"You're not going to get covid if you have these vaccinations" - Joe Biden

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Squires
"You're not going to get covid if you have these vaccinations" - Joe Biden

He also answered the next question about disinformation with this:

"There was a report out saying that for that — something like 45 percent of the overwhelming disinformation on Facebook comes from 12 individuals." - Joe Biden

www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/sp...biden-in-a-cnn-town-hall-with-don-lemon/

A
Legend
Legend
A
yeah, I don't know about all of that. Joe had the shot, the booster, the next booster...............and he got it. Covid. Then he got it again. And yet, he knuckled down dissing Trump for going to the hospital (uh, joe, no vaccine when trump got it?)

I don't blame Biden for him being dumb as hell, I blame his handlers. They should be embarrassed. I don't think he knows he's a place holder that will be spit out soon.

But, he sure does the 'biden rush" thing. He "jogs" to everything. He looks like a fool doing it.

Someone ought to just tell him "Joe, go hide" And being 'positive" not once, but twice is working for him. He can hide....

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
LOL..I have mentioned the "jogging" bit a few times in the past.

I agree, it looks goofy.

I know the intent is to make him look spritely, but everybody knows his age, and everybody knows he isn't like Jack LaLanne, so just be yourself. Geesh.

And for the record, nobody has been like Jack LaLanne. That guy was a "freak" if there ever was one.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
FATE #1959733 08/01/22 11:08 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, I give Biden as much credit for gas prices falling as Republicans give him for gas prices rising.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Like I said, I give Biden as much credit for gas prices falling as Republicans give him for gas prices rising.

i guess, he decreased it

gas prices are 4.330 last week
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=W

in January, they were 3.28 first week
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=W

last year they were at 3.136

I'll give him the credit for the gas prices rising to the highest they have ever been to reducing it by 10% and I really hope they can reduce it by another 30%.

I will also give President Biden credit for being one of the 12 people he said was spreading disinformation.

P
Legend
Legend
P
With decisions like those my guess is your credit rating sucks.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

i guess, he decreased it

gas prices are 4.330 last week

in January, they were 3.28 first week

last year they were at 3.136

I'll give him the credit for the gas prices rising to the highest they have ever been to reducing it by 10% and I really hope they can reduce it by another 30%.

I will also give President Biden credit for being one of the 12 people he said was spreading disinformation.

Joe Biden owns the gas price! Plain and simple. he chose to shutdown the pipelines and thus even after price came back down some they are still well over $2.00 more than when he took office.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet when the price was $2 a gallon the pipeline wasn't producing any oil. So it appears the pipeline really has nothing to do with it. Also, that was Canadian oil, not American oil and was being refined for export. He didn't "shut down" anything. To shut it down suggests it was operational and producing oil at the time. You can't shut down something that isn't producing.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If there was actually something to show causation over correlation (beyond conjecture that is), I would be glad to review it, but so far I haven't seen it. What confuses me is that there is a lot of areas where Biden can be dinged, but the price of gas seems to be the biggest sticking point.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I believe part of the problem with the gas prices is caused by a lack of refineries. Now which side caused that problem? No clue I never dug into that mess.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1959869 08/01/22 04:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
From what I've seen we certainly have enough refineries to meet our needs. Now that does not include when we have some type of natural disaster that closes a major refineries are refineries. But I don't think we have less refineries than we had when gas was $2 a gallon. Oil companies setting record profits while fuel prices were at their highest has something to do with it. The fact that oil prices have gone down by a much higher percentage than the cost of fuel certainly has something to do with it also.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yet when the price was $2 a gallon the pipeline wasn't producing any oil. So it appears the pipeline really has nothing to do with it. Also, that was Canadian oil, not American oil and was being refined for export. He didn't "shut down" anything. To shut it down suggests it was operational and producing oil at the time. You can't shut down something that isn't producing.

That isn't totally correct.

The threat of us being able to do that gave us leverage to at least influence where oils prices went. Once Canadian oil was off the table and the shale oils in the northern plains were shut down when OPEC lowered the price once production there started, making it a non-profit situation, the price went up.

The President came in to office pretty gung-ho against domestic production. While I don't blame him for all the price increases, the actions, or inactions of his administration sure didn't do anything to hold oil prices in check.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you are faulting what future production was going to be for current prices without any of that production having ever happened in the first place? Okay.

So what do you make of this?

Special Report: Trump told Saudi: Cut oil supply or lose U.S. military support - sources

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-military-support-sources-idUSKBN22C1V4

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Inflation is the real economy killer. Gas is included in that.

When the gov't. throws money around willy nilly, prices go up.

More on gas, though: There always is a rise in gas prices during the summer, as the refineries have to make some special blends - I think that's a proper term for it - .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

my guess is that you put people down when you don't like the facts they present when they don't align with your beliefs

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by dawglover05
If there was actually something to show causation over correlation (beyond conjecture that is), I would be glad to review it, but so far I haven't seen it. What confuses me is that there is a lot of areas where Biden can be dinged, but the price of gas seems to be the biggest sticking point.

Biden gets dinged on gas prices because democrats dinged Bush and Trump on gas prices. Now that the situation is reversed, suddenly the president gets a free pass. Why the double standard?

Additionally, democrats think more government is the solution to all of our problems. If that's true, expecting Biden to fix inflation seems to be a reasonable expectation. If they can't, then they should fess up and admit the government isn't the solution to everything.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: EveDawg
FATE #1959950 08/01/22 08:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Back to COVID, I was just in line at Tractor Supply, right behind some huge, dirty behemoth with a strong body odor, coughing up a lung and not covering his mouth. I loudly asked the cashier if she had a mask she could give him, and he did apologize. I hope no damage was done.....I backed out and walked around the store for a few minutes before going back to the register. There were only 3 cars in the parking lot when I got there, and I just had to run in and grab some wasp and hornet spray. I didn't think it was risky enough for a mask. banghead

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, I can see the coughing and not covering his mouth thing. That would bother me as well.

Some people, myself included, DO sweat. Doing manual labor tends to lead to that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I sweat like a pig most days. I get kinda dirty, depending on the day. Usually it's work products that get on me. I don't apologize to ANYONE for me being sweaty, and possibly dirty. Not everyone can work from home, or work in a/c all day.

Just saying.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Squires
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Biden gets dinged on gas prices because democrats dinged Bush and Trump on gas prices. Now that the situation is reversed, suddenly the president gets a free pass. Why the double standard?

Additionally, democrats think more government is the solution to all of our problems. If that's true, expecting Biden to fix inflation seems to be a reasonable expectation. If they can't, then they should fess up and admit the government isn't the solution to everything.

So two wrongs make a right? I never noticed anyone blaming Trump for gas prices. I do remember people blaming Bush and that wasn’t right. In either event, finding the lowest common denominator ain’t getting us anywhere lately. The double standard you mentioned cuts both ways. It goes back to my theory that it’s the “who” and not the “what” that matters more to people for whatever odd reason.

I, like you, often times push back in areas where Democrats want more Government, but that is a tired argument nowadays. I find a lot of flaws in areas where the Republicans also want more government. At times, the Republicans leverage government power punitively. To me, it appears both sides pick and choose where they want the Government to be big and where they want it to be small based on what benefits those politicians at that point in time.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Inflation is the real economy killer. Gas is included in that.

When the gov't. throws money around willy nilly, prices go up.

More on gas, though: There always is a rise in gas prices during the summer, as the refineries have to make some special blends - I think that's a proper term for it - .

That’s interesting. I honestly didn’t know that. Is that an octane thing?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's beyond my pay grade, but here:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-gas-2022

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-blend-and-winter-blend-gasoline

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2004/04/what-is-summer-blend-gas.html (just delete the box saying you need to approve ads).

https://news.aaa-calif.com/news/auto-club-explains-summer-vs-winter-blend-gasoline

Bottom line, to help reduce pollution/smog, etc.....the summer 'blends' cost more to produce. Hence, an automatic uptick in gas prices in the summer, regardless of who is president.

And, since states, and even cities, vary, refineries are stuck with trying to match the blend with the state, etc.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wow…learn something new every day.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

my guess is that you put people down when you don't like the facts they present when they don't align with your beliefs

Let me know when you come up with some facts. You certainly didn't that time.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, the cost difference is about 15 cents a gallon.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
From what I've seen we certainly have enough refineries to meet our needs. Now that does not include when we have some type of natural disaster that closes a major refineries are refineries. But I don't think we have less refineries than we had when gas was $2 a gallon. Oil companies setting record profits while fuel prices were at their highest has something to do with it. The fact that oil prices have gone down by a much higher percentage than the cost of fuel certainly has something to do with it also.

OK I made myself curious lol. But since this is a covid thread I will research and answer in another thread later

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Well, I can see the coughing and not covering his mouth thing. That would bother me as well.

Some people, myself included, DO sweat. Doing manual labor tends to lead to that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I sweat like a pig most days. I get kinda dirty, depending on the day. Usually it's work products that get on me. I don't apologize to ANYONE for me being sweaty, and possibly dirty. Not everyone can work from home, or work in a/c all day.

Just saying.

I said nothing about sweat. There's a difference between BO from working hard and smelling like straight ass.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Sorry!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Part 10

Link Copied to Clipboard