Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1961435 08/08/22 08:23 PM
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
No doubt this will get blamed on the deep state - fake news and who knows what.

but damn this is big news.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...olitics-9e8d683afe87389407950af7ccfdbdd6

I think everyone wants to see criminals and people who break the law held accountable ... so I am sure we can all get behind this 100%.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It definitely captures my attention.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This just in...

Fires were seen blazing from the Biden, Obama, and Clinton residences.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Orange man not going to sleep well now.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
This is unprecedented in our history. I hope they have all their ducks in a row or this will get ugly. I really hope this doesn’t backfire and give Trump more support than he already has.

From what I can gather from CBS News this was about 15 boxes of possibly classified materials he left the office with. I believe I heard something about this before on the news. Trump was disputing something about this. What I want to know is this happened before and how was it handled? I know there were issues with the Clintons when they left office but I don’t know if they were similar. I heard a former Congressman say that this is something that can be handled in the courts. Former presidents keep their security clearances and have SCIFS.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
This just in...

Fires were seen blazing from the Biden, Obama, and Clinton residences.

Well, that's deplorable.

O
Legend
Legend
O

HUUUGE NEWS!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/08/22 09:39 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Before this raid, I don't think Trump ever thought he might go down for the 6th. Now I bet he thinks it's possible, maybe even likely. So, I wonder what the over/under is on him running someplace the FBI can't reach him?

I figure he will try to stop it all in a race against time to get reelected. But with that possibility being more than two years away, I'm not sure he will chance it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's interesting. I didn't realize former presidents had SCIFs at what I presume would be their residences. Those are not cheap.

Like you, I hope the FBI definitely knew something substantive was there and also found it. Otherwise, this will backfire, like you said. In fairness to Trump, if they don't find anything - and he didn't destroy anything - then it's a bad look for the FBI and DOJ. I just know how bad the snap-back reaction will be in that scenario.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg
.....From what I can gather from CBS News this was about 15 boxes of possibly classified materials he left the office with.....

Correct. It relates to the National Archives and the classified documents.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

Trump visit with any autocrats lately..?

Last edited by mac; 08/08/22 11:05 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's not even the January 6th stuff, it's the National Archive going after him. LMAO. What backlash? Against the National Archive enforcing document preservation? smh. Only a traitorous party of thugs could get mad about that.

S
Rookie
Rookie
S
🤦‍♂️Sad sad Americans

You guys are cheering this on and it is actually a complete and utter disgrace to our country.

You have a sitting president of the United States, Joe Biden, through his DOJ and his FBI conducting a raid on the person who is presumed to be his opponent in the next election.

This is preposterous and supposedly done in the name of document preservation, when Hillary Clinton used a off-book server for YEARS to conduct classified state business and at the same time money was being funneled by the millions into the Clinton Foundation with the very people she was doing business with. 😂

And to this day she has never been investigated by ANYONE, not the FBI not the IRS.

One day you will all apologize to your grandkids and great grandchildren for being stupid enough to believe these idiots long enough to run this great country straight into the ground.

You guys should flat out be ashamed of yourselves.

This is being conducted by radical democrats that are scared to death to face trump in 2024 plain and simple. This is a big nothing burger and only done to control the narrative just like every other nothing burger they accused trump of.

They hate Trumps guts not just because he is annoying but much more so because he is an outsider from Washington and does not owe a thousand favors, so they CANT control him like all the RINO republicans from the past and it drives them freaking crazy!

I don’t completely blame you guys, it’s the Democratic politicians but mostly to blame is the main stream media for being completely partisan and nothing but a propaganda tool for the Democratic Party when they are supposed to be bipartisan. I do blame you guys as well though for not trying to dig deeper than what the lying media is telling you.

The guy that keeps posting videos from MSNBC is freaking exhibit A of a low information voter eating up the fake news from the democrat media. 😂😂👎🤦‍♂️ Shame on you man!

3 members like this: 40YEARSWAITING, PrplPplEater, 3rd_and_20
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
It's not even the January 6th stuff, it's the National Archive going after him. LMAO. What backlash? Against the National Archive enforcing document preservation? smh. Only a traitorous party of thugs could get mad about that.

Like when Hillary used unsecured email for years to conduct classified state business?? I bet you were real outraged then 😂😂

Like when they asked her why she wiped all the info on her computer and she says “wiped? You mean like with a cloth?” 😂😂 I bet you were so outraged then. You’re a joke man.

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Pdawg
.....From what I can gather from CBS News this was about 15 boxes of possibly classified materials he left the office with.....

Correct. It relates to the National Archives and the classified documents.

The main stream media is not missing it at all. They are knowingly leaving that part out because they don’t think the American people are smart enough to know this is all about 2024.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Never thought I’d see the day when a Russian bot would make its way to DT.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Meanwhile, our speaker of the house "has always felt a connection to China, cause when she was young and at the beach, her parents told her if she dug a deep enough hole, she'd get to China.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/truly-led-imbeciles-nancy-pelosi-143936999.html

As the headline reads, we TRULY led by imbeciles.

Her, Biden, and truthfully, a whole lot more. Ironically Nancy's husband didn't get punished for his accident/injury causing drunk driving incident.

Biden's getting money from Ukraine due to his son.............who still hasn't faced justice...............but, Biden doesn't have a clue about anything anyway........

We truly ARE led by imbeciles.

1 member likes this: Shing14
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Never thought I’d see the day when a Russian bot would make its way to DT.

Yep the old Russian bot from Springfield Ohio

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh nice! Not far from me.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sad sad Americans

full.
stop.

Welcome, New'Dawg'.

We see you.
We acknowledge your presence.

We wish to invite you into our inner circle... but we have standards. Benchmarks, that you must reach.
In other words, you must prove yourself worthy of inclusion to our ranks. Every 'American Gang' has its initiation rituals. We are no exception.

The ice upon which you skate is perilously thin, our new 'friend,' so answer carefully, lest you be "seen" by this pack of rabid (American) Dawgs.

1. Tell us: are you Team Hanford Minefield or Team Frank Dixon? Only true Browns Fans know the real answer.
2. Tell us: Who is the greatest Brown person of all time? James Brown, Paul Brown, Sashi Brown, or Georg Stanford Brown?
3. Tell us: who is the best non- brown Cleveland Browns player+person on the current roster who was born white, but eventually became embraced as a fellow brown player by brown Browns players?

If you can answer these questions, you will prove your loyalty and fan status to us lifelong Dawgbarkin' Browniass Fan People Types.

When you do that, we will instantly love you- and we'll believe anything/everything you tell us.
So please do this - take the test. We anxiously await your membership into our club. We want you to manipulate us... but only if you're good enough to pull it off.

Click Here: ------> I AM NOT A RUSSO/CHINO DUMBASS BOT, to become our friend.

Or here: -------------->
Or here: ----------------------------------->
Or even, here:--------------------------------------------------------->

We await your test results.
Please don't disappoint us.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: Swish, dawglover05
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
"It's a bold move Cotton... let's see if it pays off for him"

Honestly - anybody who has a kneejerk reaction to this is just making **** up until we find out more about why the FBI went in, and what they obtained, and what they are accusing Trump (or his associates who may also work at Mar-a-lago) of doing.

But a few things:

1.) This is fairly unprecedented -- which signals something big. OTOH, the 2016 election probably tilted when the FBI announced that they were re-newing their investigation into Clinton's e-mail servers a week before the election. That wasn't a **raid**, in the same sense -- but the timing was much more politically fraught.

2.) This probably was approved personally by Garland, who has (to date) been very cautious about discussing any investigation into Trump. This is a significant reversal from that.

3.) I'd expect that the FBI knows this will backfire severely if they can't (in the near future) explain to the American people what they were doing --- I expect things to move quickly at this point (at least by FBI investigation standards, which are usually tortuously slow).

4.) It's not 100% clear that this is about Trump personally (though I'd say it's likely), or about January 6. He still has many associates who might be using his offices for government or other matters. We do know that they were looking for materials that had been deemed classified -- though there are many reasons they might want to do that.

~Lyuokdea
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Donald Trump took classified documents to Mar-a-Lago, National Archives says

The National Archives claims Donald Trump took items marked as classified national security information to his Florida residence when he left office.

Associated Press and New York Post
February 19, 2022 - 2:47PM
link

The 15 boxes of White House records that were stored at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence contained items marked as classified national security information, the National Archives and Records Administration said Friday. The agency said the matter has been referred to the Justice Department.

In a response to a February 9 letter to the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, the National Archives confirmed reports that Trump took government records with him down to Florida when he left office in January 2021.

House politicians had opened an investigation and the National Archives has reportedly asked the Justice Department to look into the matter. The Justice Department and the FBI have not yet said what, if anything, they’ll do.

The letter from the archivists also stated that certain social media records were not captured and preserved by the Trump administration. It added that the agency learned that White House staff frequently conducted official business using unofficial messaging accounts and personal phones.

Those staff did not copy or forward their official messaging counts, as required by the Presidential Records Act. The letter also goes on to reveal that after Trump left the White House, the National Archives learned that additional paper records that had been torn up by the former president had been transferred to the agency.

“Although White House staff during the Trump Administration recovered and taped together some of the torn-up records, a number of other torn-up records that were transferred had not been reconstructed by the White House,” the letter continued.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), chair of the House Oversight Committee, said in a statement last week announcing the investigation that Trump was required under the law to turn over the documents to the National Archives before leaving office, and that politicians are seeking information about the contents of the boxes recovered from Mar-a-Lago.

In response to her request about the contents of the boxes, the agency cited the records act as holding it back from divulging.

The Washington Post first reported two weeks ago that the archivists asked the Justice Department to investigate the discovery of 15 boxes of White House records recovered from Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, and that the former president had a habit while in office of tearing up records both “sensitive and mundane.”

Investigators will be looking to see if Trump’s actions, both during his presidency and after, violated the Presidential Records Act, which was enacted in 1978 after former President Richard Nixon wanted to destroy documents related to the Watergate scandal.

The law mandates that presidential records are the property of the US government, rather than belonging to the president himself.

Another statute, with violations punishable by up to three years in prison, makes it a crime to conceal or intentionally destroy government records.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Shing14

Like when Hillary used unsecured email for years to conduct classified state business?? I bet you were real outraged then 😂😂

Like when they asked her why she wiped all the info on her computer and she says "wiped? You mean like with a cloth?" 😂😂 I bet you were so outraged then. You're a joke man.

Didn't take long to see your colors. Look it's another brainwashed Trumpian, everyone. lmao. We've seen dozens like you come and go after doing the whole Felicia 4 Trump bit. Trump is a traitor pal, plain and simple.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Here we go again.

B
Legend
Legend
B

We will see where all of this goes. IMO it is a political stunt similar to all the Russia collusion that proved to be BS.

My concern is why the raid other than optics? A subpoena would have been the 1st course to take unless there was a feeling the papers would have been destroyed. I seriously doubt that would have happened.

My fear is the FBI is like the KGB and a weapon being used by the DOJ and democrats. My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations. It will go much deeper than that.

I think some of you need to open your eyes and see what is happening I this country.

As far as traitorous party, I thing you need to take a good look at yourself.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations.

What makes you think that? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is in the financing of large corporations?

Deloitte LLP is the largest accounting firm (by net revenue) in the US. They have 345,000 employees.

The second largest is PricewaterhouseCoopers. They have 295,000 employees.

The third largest is Ernst & Young LLP, they have 312,000 employees.

These aren't all accountants, of course. -- but 85,000 IRS agents is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of accountants working for businesses.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 08/09/22 07:06 AM.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Lots and lots of folks from MAGA land are not sleeping well and seem to be triggered....

All that happened here is that a former president was asked to return documents he wasn't entitled to and he just didn't do that. So, in order to get those documents, the FBI or AG went to a court of law and got the warrant to search Trumps Mar A Lago home.

In order for a Judge to OK this, they had to prove that there is good reason to search for something (i'm sure they defined what they were looking for in great detail)

SO, basically, it's not a big deal. Except if Trump is hiding something. In which case it could get pretty ugly for the Former President.

I guess we'll see in good time.

Whatever, this isn't a Witch Hunt, it's not political.. It's just entities within the Federal Government doing their job... That's it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
My fear is the FBI is like the KGB and a weapon being used by the DOJ and democrats.

so, are you suggesting that the Former President is above the law? That we can't go to them to be accountable for their actions?

Does this mean that Republicans are guilty of going after Hillary CLinton in the same fashion....

Difference, Clinton sat and answered Questions for hours.. Trump just stomps his feet and cries like a baby...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations.

What makes you think that? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is in the financing of large corporations?

Deloitte LLP is the largest accounting firm (by net revenue) in the US. They have 345,000 employees.

The second largest is PricewaterhouseCoopers. They have 295,000 employees.

The third largest is Ernst & Young LLP, they have 312,000 employees.

These aren't all accountants, of course. -- but 85,000 IRS agents is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of accountants working for businesses.

Well, now they will employ more bureaucrats than the Pentagon, State Department, FBI, and Border Patrol combined.

I think the real question is why the sudden rush to DOUBLE the size of the agency?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Whatever, this isn't a Witch Hunt, it's not political..

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

1 member likes this: jfanent
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And my fear is that a very intelligent person likes you believes something so speculatively fear-based.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The agents should have put the orange brat in chains and taken him from his sand castle.

The end is coming. It will be a great day for democracy when those who believe themselves above the Law are brought to justice.

It is important to this country to prove that nobody is above the Law. That the leader of the insurrection to overthrow the government is brought to justice. Elections in the US are valid. It was proven in court.

The hearings as told by appointed republican loyalists told the story. The truth was there to be seen to those willing to open their eyes and ears.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I could be wrong, but hasn’t this been part of a new initiative to recoup taxes that have been slipping through the cracks in order to increase revenue? I guess I struggle to see the problem if we basically hire more law enforcement to enforce tax laws for something that is abused, yet contains a department that has been historically behind in catching the “thieves” so to speak.

I think many think the idea of defunding the police is stupid - myself included. With that in mind, why not also appropriately fund our tax enforcement agency to appropriately enforce the laws?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Fair enough point of view. Although revenue has been increasing every year.

So... what is the impetus for DOUBLING the size of the agency? You've been understaffed at 74,000 employees -- the obvious answer is you need 155,000??

Legend
Legend
how did hillary end up in this thread?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

lmfao remember when republican voters tried to trash the movement?

they voted this crap into congress. once again, i have zero reason to take any republican voter at their word. they all over fox news and breitbart too talking about taking down law enforcement communities right now.

ooohhh, NOW yall want accountability in law enforcement? nah, go ahead and keep the FBI funded. ya didn't care then, i dont care now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That’s a fair question and I don’t know the metrics. I do know it’s been intentionally gutted by those who are self-interested. I’d be interested to see the metrics of increased revenue due to audits and enforcement following the surge, assuming the agency doesn’t get declawed or gutted again.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
The poorest Americans are audited 5x as frequently as everybody else:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-audit-eitc-five-times-as-likely-to-get-audited/

That's because these audits are easy -- you need manpower and expertise to audit the complicated tax breaks that the richest Americans get.

Alternatively, you could get rid of those tax loopholes -- but that's a different topic.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
I wasn't aware it had been "gutted". I looked at numbers (employees) from IRS charts that showed full-time employment had decreased 12.9% over a ten year period (2012-2021). The "IRS Budget & Workforce" report also noted that it had been using more part-time and temporary employees over that time.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mar-a-Lago Raided by FBI

Link Copied to Clipboard