Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations.

What makes you think that? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is in the financing of large corporations?

Deloitte LLP is the largest accounting firm (by net revenue) in the US. They have 345,000 employees.

The second largest is PricewaterhouseCoopers. They have 295,000 employees.

The third largest is Ernst & Young LLP, they have 312,000 employees.

These aren't all accountants, of course. -- but 85,000 IRS agents is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of accountants working for businesses.

Maybe so. We'll see. I'll take your point as fair.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
No offense, but I think that's a bit of a copout.

If those are the rates with 75,000 employees, those will be the rates at 150,000

As far as the tax loopholes; it's unfortunate that it's a different topic, but that's how our government works... Never addressing an entire issue with double talk at all junctures.

Just look at this "Inflation Reduction Act" (lmao at the name)... Hire a bunch more IRS agents to go after "those greedy billionaires"... while changing "carried-interest" rules... allowing private equity and other investors to pay a preferential tax rate on profits?? GTHOH

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
It's not even the January 6th stuff, it's the National Archive going after him. LMAO. What backlash? Against the National Archive enforcing document preservation? smh. Only a traitorous party of thugs could get mad about that.

We will see where all of this goes. IMO it is a political stunt similar to all the Russia collusion that proved to be BS.

My concern is why the raid other than optics? A subpoena would have been the 1st course to take unless there was a feeling the papers would have been destroyed. I seriously doubt that would have happened.

My fear is the FBI is like the KGB and a weapon being used by the DOJ and democrats. My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations. It will go much deeper than that.

I think some of you need to open your eyes and see what is happening I this country.

As far as traitorous party, I thing you need to take a good look at yourself.

The FBI Director who was appointed by Trump, and has been a Republican donor for years?

Also, Trump drew on a map to show his hurricane "predictions" were correct, so you don't think he would destroy documents to prevent himself from further trouble? Are you naïve?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Lots and lots of folks from MAGA land are not sleeping well and seem to be triggered....

All that happened here is that a former president was asked to return documents he wasn't entitled to and he just didn't do that. So, in order to get those documents, the FBI or AG went to a court of law and got the warrant to search Trumps Mar A Lago home.

In order for a Judge to OK this, they had to prove that there is good reason to search for something (i'm sure they defined what they were looking for in great detail)

SO, basically, it's not a big deal. Except if Trump is hiding something. In which case it could get pretty ugly for the Former President.

I guess we'll see in good time.

Whatever, this isn't a Witch Hunt, it's not political.. It's just entities within the Federal Government doing their job... That's it.

I don't agree. As I said, a subpoena would be the first step unless there was reason to believe the information requested would be destroyed or moved. I don't believe that happened. They just raided the home. That's BS. This was all for optics. This isn't like a drug raid where drugs would be disposed.

I think the DOJ and White House are the ones not sleeping well.

I think it is fair to ask why not raid on the Clintons home? The even took furniture not to mentions all the info on Hillarys s computer.

Nobody in their right mind can say a investigation in to Hunter isn't warranted. That is what is feared. I believe Joe has his hands all over that

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
Legend
Legend
what is trump's track record of handing over requested documents?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Jester
B
Legend
Legend
B
My fear is the FBI is like the KGB and a weapon being used by the DOJ and democrats.

so, are you suggesting that the Former President is above the law? That we can't go to them to be accountable for their actions?

Does this mean that Republicans are guilty of going after Hillary CLinton in the same fashion....

Difference, Clinton sat and answered Questions for hours.. Trump just stomps his feet and cries like a baby...

If that is what you think I said, then you are a simpleton.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Shing14
Like when Hillary used unsecured email for years to conduct classified state business?? I bet you were real outraged then 😂😂

Like when they asked her why she wiped all the info on her computer and she says “wiped? You mean like with a cloth?” 😂😂 I bet you were so outraged then. You’re a joke man.

This is evidence of what it looks like when America has a complete breakdown in their mental health care system.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
And my fear is that a very intelligent person likes you believes something so speculatively fear-based.

He's not the same Peen from the past. Somehow they programmed him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
And my fear is that a very intelligent person likes you believes something so speculatively fear-based.

It's why I said we will have to wait and see, but come on man, a raid? That isn't the way to go about this. Or, if it is, it better be some bombshell stuff. Not some rinky-dink claim or false BS like Russia that filled our ear for 3 years.

I keep a open mind, but after the false dealings of the last 4 years, I am highly skeptical, and they better come out with some concrete proof or Garland needs to be called on the carpet and sent packing.

And that proof needs to come out soon. Not some drawn out BS play to garner votes.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
They have known about these documents and have been in talks with Trump's attorney's since January trying to get these documents with the last known meeting in June. They refused to turn them over. As such they went in and got them.

Him keeping classifieds documents and taking them from the White House is clearly a crime. This is a clear violation of the presidential records act.

There is no way in hell that the DOJ would take such measures without very clear evidence. The risk of doing so would be gar too high. There's no way a judge would grant a warrant of a former president's residence without very clear proof that a warrant indeed should be granted.

Remember when Trump asked Georgia officials to find over 11000 votes? Or when he tried to bribe Ukraine for money that had already been appropriated by congress for Ukraine? Stop pretending it's unlikely that Trump is guilty of what he is being accused of and that it's some political stunt. The head of the FBI is someone Trump appointed. Christopher Wray. Not some left wing Democrat.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
how did hillary end up in this thread?

Bruh- they steady keep her in their front hip pocket for quick & easy access. Their grandkids will still be incoming her name years after she's a-moulderin' in her grave. They just can't quit her, like some jilted high school crushboi.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
And even after Trump appointed his handpicked committee to try and nail her, they couldn't find anything to do it either. Even that doesn't seem to matter to them.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Bruh- they steady keep her in their front hip pocket for quick & easy access. Their grandkids will still be incoming her name years after she's a-moulderin' in her grave. They just can't quit her, like some jilted high school crushboi.

If that is what you think, it is what it is.

I only brought her up as an example of how there seems to be selective enforcement. I didn't even mention how during President Obama's administration they used the IRS as a weapon against Republicans.

I am just tired of the crap no matter where it might stem.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
If that is what you think, it is what it is.

I only brought her up as an example of how there seems to be selective enforcement. I didn't even mention how during President Obama's administration they used the IRS as a weapon against Republicans.

I am just tired of the crap no matter where it might stem.

What are you talking about? There was an 18 month FBI investigation into Clinton's e-mail servers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

The FBI obtained access to all of the servers -- they got a judge to sign off on a demand for the contracting company to turn the servers over to them. They re-announced an investigation mere days before the election, which is a significant part of the reason why Clinton lost....

"They never investigated Hilary!" b.s..

~Lyuokdea
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
My fear is the FBI is like the KGB and a weapon being used by the DOJ and democrats.

...and Freud said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar."

Let's adhere to the concept of Occam's Razor, shall we? That concept: if you have two competing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, you should prefer the simpler one.

It doesn't get simpler than this:
1. D00D stole material that belongs to the people of the United States.
2. The Law came to his house and took it back.

Like our pal Diam is fond of saying, "one + one = 2."

I wasn't raided yesterday.
You weren't raided yesterday.
Reason? We aren't criminals.

See how simple it can be?
You're working too hard at this.

p.s. I want you to read the following sentence twice, to allow the crazy to sink in:
Classified, sensitive U.S. government documents were being kept in the basement of a Florida golf resort.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
If there was ever a POTUS that tried to use the government apparatus as his own play thing to nobble opposition and create dysfunction .... it was Trump. Remaining silent on that and throwing this schtick out when Trump is breaking laws and norms and being held accountable ... beyond believe. Clinton faced unprecedented investigation over her email server - 11 hours in front of a congressional hearing for Benghazi ... most of that WAS political theater. "LOCK HER UP - LOCK HER UP" .... Honestly, it's getting tot he point where it's not worth the typing, it's beyond conditioned and triggered. Certainly both "sides" have some of the same issues - but the deflection and defence for Trump is hard to believe or stomach.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
They can always fall back on what Nixon said.

Of course Trump is no longer president, so......

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
This just in...

Fires were seen blazing from the Biden, Obama, and Clinton residences.

Well, that's deplorable.

Not sure why? It's the last few POTUS. I'm sure they all took sensitive info to their homes.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You are? Classified documents? Why do you believe that? It seems a lot of things these days depends on people's "thoughts and feelings".

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You are? Classified documents? Why do you believe that? It seems a lot of things these days depends on people's "thoughts and feelings".

I recall a mail server housed at the Clinton's with sensitive info on it. So, yes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Classified documents? Was she still in office at the time? Because that's the issue here. Trump took them home with him AFTER he was no longer president.

And your answer is to commit arson in response? You're a real piece of work. With that line of thought you probably support the January 6th rioters too.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Classified documents? Was she still in office at the time? Because that's the issue here. Trump took them home with him AFTER he was no longer president.

And your answer is to commit arson in response? You're a real piece of work. With that line of thought you probably support the January 6th rioters too.

I think his joke was that "Clinton and Obama would spend the night burning classified documents that they had at their houses" and not "we should burn their houses down"

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think his joke was that "Clinton and Obama would spend the night burning classified documents that they had at their houses" and not "we should burn their houses down"

Correct.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

It's why I said we will have to wait and see, but come on man, a raid? That isn't the way to go about this. Or, if it is, it better be some bombshell stuff. Not some rinky-dink claim or false BS like Russia that filled our ear for 3 years.

I keep a open mind, but after the false dealings of the last 4 years, I am highly skeptical, and they better come out with some concrete proof or Garland needs to be called on the carpet and sent packing.

And that proof needs to come out soon. Not some drawn out BS play to garner votes.

You might be right…but you might be wrong, too. We don’t know how much necessity there was behind a raid before we conclude everything or make drastic suppositions.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Huh???? I was defending you.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

did you actually read what I wrote?

I said: "Fires were seen blazing from the Biden, Obama, and Clinton residences." ....meaning they were up all night burning docs so they don't get busted too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Huh???? I was defending you.

sorry I was trying to fix it before you replied. I saw I accidentally quoted you vs Pitt

my bad!

P
Legend
Legend
P

Correct.

My bad. Sorry about that.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: superbowldogg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
My fear is the 85,000 new IRS agents are also going to be used in that manner as well. You don't need that many to look in to large corporations.

What makes you think that? Do you have any idea how much paperwork there is in the financing of large corporations?

Deloitte LLP is the largest accounting firm (by net revenue) in the US. They have 345,000 employees.

The second largest is PricewaterhouseCoopers. They have 295,000 employees.

The third largest is Ernst & Young LLP, they have 312,000 employees.

These aren't all accountants, of course. -- but 85,000 IRS agents is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of accountants working for businesses.

Well, now they will employ more bureaucrats than the Pentagon, State Department, FBI, and Border Patrol combined.

I think the real question is why the sudden rush to DOUBLE the size of the agency?

Because GOPers have been chipping away at the IRS for years, ensuring they are understaffed and focused on wage earners. The uproar is only an uproar because the GOPers' corporate masters dislike this.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
mgh888 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

rofl Oh stop with the details and specifics. Facts ! Pfffft !

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

There are butthurt GOPers in the thread is how.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish

lmfao remember when republican voters tried to trash the movement?

they voted this crap into congress. once again, i have zero reason to take any republican voter at their word. they all over fox news and breitbart too talking about taking down law enforcement communities right now.

ooohhh, NOW yall want accountability in law enforcement? nah, go ahead and keep the FBI funded. ya didn't care then, i dont care now.

I guess GOPers are just like BLM folk after all. Remember how they cried about the calls to "defund the police" when black people were being snuffed for NO REASON? Now they want to defund the FBI for doing their job and going after known bad actors. Trump attempted to overthrow the government, and here they are trying to protect him. The whole damn party is full of traitors.

O
Legend
Legend
O

so, are you suggesting that the Former President is above the law? That we can't go to them to be accountable for their actions?

Does this mean that Republicans are guilty of going after Hillary CLinton in the same fashion....

Difference, Clinton sat and answered Questions for hours.. Trump just stomps his feet and cries like a baby...

If that is what you think I said, then you are a simpleton.

You're either Trump drunk or dealing with some kind of brainwashing crap or whatever else happens to people becoming fascist bro. You calling anyone a simpleton is hilarious. That simpleton didn't fall for a charlatan like you did. Clinton was cleared time and again by GOPers after endless investigations. But Trump gets caught redhanded time and again, and he's persecuted... rolleyes Step back and look at yourself, that should scare you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/09/22 03:51 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

The truth IS OUT. WTH? Have you watched ANY of the hearings? Your dude IS A TRAITOR! Trump is a pure trash ass criminal to his core. And he's about to go to jail, finally. Did you think Uncle Sam would let an attempted coup stand until he ran again? You better look up the definition of simpleton.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This just in...

Well, that's deplorable.

Not sure why? It's the last few POTUS. I'm sure they all took sensitive info to their homes.

Oh, I know what you think, but did you see any of them try to pull a coup when they had to go? Did any of them try to bring down democracy on the way out? Apples and oranges.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This just in...

Well, that's deplorable.

Oh, I know what you think, but did you see any of them try to pull a coup when they had to go? Did any of them try to bring down democracy on the way out? Apples and oranges.

1 + 1 does not = 3 and just because one person did something... "worsre" doesn't mean the other isn't guilty too.

we need to hold all government officials more accountable. they are public servants and are not above anyone. (Trump or Biden included)

Legend
Legend
Yeah a very bad day for the GOP leader his followers, and ketchup. Perhaps he will write a book about his struggles while in jail. You know like Hitler did. rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Yeah a very bad day for the GOP leader his followers, and ketchup. Perhaps he will write a book about his struggles while in jail. You know like Hitler did. rofl

It's disgustingly and offensive that people are comparing Trump to Hitler or even referencing Hitler when talking about Trump.

Hitler literally was the reason around 75 million people died and 40 million of them were civilians. Quite frankly, people should be embarrassed they would even attempt to take away from all of the suffering Hitler caused.

Trump may be a lot of things... but they are not the same.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mar-a-Lago Raided by FBI

Link Copied to Clipboard