C
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I feel like I should have known that. Lol

We can’t know everything.

R
Legend
Legend
R
That's not true. There are several posters on here that do.

3 members like this: 3rd_and_20, jfanent, Versatile Dog
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Here's a number for you... 4

That's how many cases were used in the NFL case.

Only 4.

There's your number.

Just to carry over from the end of last thread.

Apparently only 4 women being assaulted is not a big deal. It's just 4 after all.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by LexDawg

Only 4.

There's your number.

Apparently only 4 women being assaulted is not a big deal. It's just 4 after all.

Allegedly. You guys continually and conveniently forget that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I feel like I should have known that. Lol

We can’t know everything.

Today's date and the potential suspended game range!

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Deshaun Watson is actually playing for us tonight LOL what a rollercoaster

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Only 4.

There's your number.

Nope - most have accepted Sue Robinson's findings. You preached that you would - I guess you lied.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Just a general thought(s)
I thought this was English only, err is that latin, who am I? Shake-e-spere?

And this is part of what makes the NFL unwatchable. Why do some people have to insert their I-800-sexual-abbuse hotline considerations into me trying to watch my team win a football game? There are millions of people who suffer millions of crimes every day,
but what does that have to do with the Browns trying to win a football game?
Soccer doesn't do that
It's about the Game it's supposed to be about the game and trying to win it.
It's the entire NFL trying to insert it's Social Issues into peoples experience of trying to watch football,
and then
You can't even watch the football, all you do is watch the commercials, and ya have to pick two other shows to watch, during the commercial breaks, because the NFL only gets around to playing football, ... eventually... after all the pomp and circumstance, and
tuh Duh (Presto) Abra Cadabra the result is always the same, the Browns lose again. So what was the point.

And, I think, these pharisetical types, use the espn network, to try and tell people how they must think, and must behave, (everybody salute the victim before you take your seats, everyone bow tot he false idol of social issues before you watch a game), and that they use Social Issues, to interfere with people who were minding their own business
and just trying to watch or enjoy a frustrating Football game,
and it's always a frustrating Football game, Because the Browns can't even field a whole team,
without controversy, or new faces.

There's an internet story floating around somewhere, linking the Browns with pursuing a 49ers @uarterback,
now, if that were to happen, it would mean that the plan at @uarterback
has now changed about 6 times since the end of last season, and or only has any staying power to last 8 weeks, before they move on to another New Plan at @uarterback.

( Stop pretending Nick Harris is a seasoned starter, he's barely proven anything)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
First question....What does "in perpetuum et unum diem" mean (in English)..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Google.com

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Only 4.

There's your number.

You continually forget that Watson was found to commit 3 separate violations of the PCP against each of the women and that makes the number 12.
The Judge didn't use the word allegedly either.
Here's some more numbers for you, Judge Robinson stated clearly in her report, and it is now a fact of public record, that Watson worked with more than 60 massage therapists during the time period and that 24 of those 60 plus therapists were suing Watson for damages and that all of the 24 women had similar allegations.
Of those 24 women, the NFL Investigators were only able to interview 12 of them. Of those 12, the NFL relied for its conclusions on the testimony of 4 of the therapists as well as interviews of some 37 other third parties and substantial documentary evidence.

The ruling is based on the 4 cases presented which resulted in 12 PCP violations but it's pretty clear that Judge Robinson not only recognized the additional women victims but concluded that they too suffered the same fate as the 4 that was presented. There would be no reason for her to even mention the other 20 women if it wasn't important to the case.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by mac
First question....What does "in perpetuum et unum diem" mean (in English)..?

perpetuum in Latin means perpetual....always moving or something similar.

diem is obviously day.

That is why I posted "Forever and a day" right away. It's probably a loose translation.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

We read a lot about Judge Robinson's terms like predatory and egregious on here and in the media, but somehow her words of how she justified the length of the suspension are being ignored. Check them out again and tell me that she isn't calling the NFL out and saying what they are trying to do is wrong.

"While it may be entirely appropriate to more severely discipline players for non-violent sexual conduct, I do not believe it is appropriate to do so without notice of the extraordinary change this position portends for the NFL and its players,"

“Here, the NFL is attempting to impose a more dramatic shift in its culture without the benefit of fair notice to - and consistency of consequence for - those in the NFL subject to the Policy.”

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888

Only 4.

There's your number.

Nope - most have accepted Sue Robinson's findings. You preached that you would - I guess you lied.

Come on mgh888, that was when it looked like RDW would get off easy. But it didn't go Vers' way so he changed it all up and came back after it from a new direction. It's all on us Baker Fans, on posters whose posts don't align with his, on the dirty process, dirty NFL Owners, Dirty Cops, Dirty Lawyers, etc. ... It's on everybody EXCEPT RDW that he is being punished and thereby ruining Vers' FQB dream boy's rep. I'm so over it. Snoozers'-ville. Heck, I don't even have to show up to remind him that the R in RDW stands for RAPEY. A very large portion of the fanbase and a larger portion of the country is doing that in real-time every day.

And I'm sorry to all Brown's fans if the moral convictions of some fans are 'ruining' your board time, we get it, but we also get how bad what he did was and don't want to see it happen again here. I'm sure some get that, some won't, and at least one couldn't care less what we think.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: atgolds
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Too bad the union that represents Watson did a bad job and allowed the NFL the power to appeal to itself.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Gee, yet another couple of posts that attack the character of one who doesn't agree w/them while making things up yet again.

I have clearly stated that I have accepted Judge Robinson's decision about the punishment for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

When I used the word "allegedly," I am talking that a man can't be actually convicted outside a court of law. The NFL is not a court of law. So again, I accept Judge Robinson's decision when it comes to her ruling. But, in regards to an actual legal proceeding, innocence and guilt are determined by the actual legal system, thus all claims of him being a predator are allegations. He has not been charged w/a crime or convicted of a crime in our legal system.

Get your last words in. Hopefully, others will see this for what it is.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Too bad the union that represents Watson did a bad job and allowed the NFL the power to appeal to itself.

There is truth to that, but the new system is a bit better than the previous one. The next agreement will be amended yet again and the NFLPA will ask for things to evolve and become more equitable.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Do you think spamming a message board will prevent Watson from doing something like this again or prevent the front office from trading someone with Watson like issues?

M
Legend
Legend
M
OCD -

I can live with the posters and fans that simply state they don't care. I could live with the 6 game suspension as it was because that was the framework.

With that said - even though the burden of proof was less than a criminal court and probably more akin to civil court - the verdict by Sue Robinson was very forthright about Watson's guilt and actions, his lies and lack of remorse. At this point overwhelmingly Watson is most probably guilty by ANY measure. Denying that, making excuses, making this about race and pointing fingers at the owners is all deflection and enablement. Frankly it's sickening. I see the latest post trying to deflect from the guilty verdict and the harsh words to describe Watson's actual actions into the framework and poorly written agreement.

As I said - I would have accepted the weak suspension coupled with Robinson's explanation that it was the maximum suspension dictated by the framework. I'm not going to argue that what Goodell is doing is right or justified.

But I won't accept sickos trying to make out that somehow there is an equal chance of Watson's guilt/innocence. And while rape and violent sexual assault would make this worse .... it was never about violence and rape. It was about sexual assault and using coercion, power, influence and predatory pattern that escalated.

I also won't accept that anyone thinks this wasn't all too predictable when the Browns made the trade. I said before any hearings I expected a minimum of a 10 game suspension. I think 12 is more likely now. Who knows? And again I am not wanting that - I just think the multi-billion dollar business that is the NFL - that really only cares about revenue and optics was ALWAYS going to impse a harsh penalty in order to appease casual fans. And it matters not one tiny bit whether fans are educated or not. Whether they read Robinsons ruling or know that it's available .... it was predictable. Period.

Just my opinion ... of course.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Gee, yet another couple of posts that attack the character of one who doesn't agree w/them while making things up yet again.

I have clearly stated that I have accepted Judge Robinson's decision about the punishment for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

When I used the word "allegedly," I am talking that a man can't be actually convicted outside a court of law. The NFL is not a court of law. So again, I accept Judge Robinson's decision when it comes to her ruling. But, in regards to an actual legal proceeding, innocence and guilt are determined by the actual legal system, thus all claims of him being a predator are allegations. He has not been charged w/a crime or convicted of a crime in our legal system.

Get your last words in. Hopefully, others will see this for what it is.

More double talk to deflect from not accepting that the Watson has been found guilty of the actions he was accused of. What e is most definitely more probably guilty of based on an experienced judge and the evidence presented. Cherry picking of what to accept and not accept - wholly different than before the ruling. Truly nauseating.

1 member likes this: atgolds
T
Legend
Legend
T
"to evolve and become more e@uitable"
I get it, it's like that old commercial that said all choices are no the same, as in, sure you have a choice, what color desk do you want,
Olive Green? or Gun Metal Gray" it's not much of a choice. "more e@uitable" can mean as long as everyone is getting vv on, then at least 'everyone' is getting vv on. They are still going to get (treated very poorly/unfairly), but; in the future,
it won't just be the practice s@uad group that is getting (treated very poorly/unfairly,) but the league stars are also getting (the same),
so? more e@uitable. Everyone gets .. on thumbsdown
( As far as football is concerned, I don't care about anything except that the Browns win, and that they win more excessively than they already would have)
( And trying to pass off what we know isn't good, as acceptable, is an insult to ones' intelligience, if they have any, and an insult to how much they care, if they care at all.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's not true. There are several posters on here that do.

Just ask them

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
D
Legend
Legend
D
DeShaun Watson: Vidi, Vici, Veni.

2 members like this: FATE, cfrs15
V
Legend
Legend
V

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
That’s a nice first step.

Sorry for what though?

1 member likes this: Dave
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just guessing. Making some of them uncomfortable????

I am not going to say what was going down w/all of this, but it's not really that hard to figure out.

R
Legend
Legend
R

Sorry for what though?

That's not enough for you? He doesn't owe you an apology. He doesn't owe the public a single thing.

This is why I said I would retire on pure principle.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Sorry for what though?

That's not enough for you? He doesn't owe you an apology. He doesn't owe the public a single thing.

I don’t care if he apologizes or not. I just think it’s weird to apologize when he’s said all along he didn’t do anything wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Sorry for what though?

I don’t care if he apologizes or not. I just think it’s weird to apologize when he’s said all along he didn’t do anything wrong.

First of all..........Rish, cfrs has been uncomfortable w/the Watson signing from the get-go, but he doesn't spam the board w/his displeasure. I understand his trepidation. I think he has been fair. He doesn't attack others for having a different opinion.

cfrs: I think he might believe he didn't do anything wrong, but understands where a couple of women might have felt uncomfortable and issuing an apology is a step towards closure.

Footnote: I still can't believe more people aren't figuring out what went down.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I love cfrs, and we communicate frequently privately. Doesn't mean we can't disagree.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Cool. I wasn't getting on you and I apologize if it came across that way.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Do you think spamming a message board will prevent Watson from doing something like this again or prevent the front office from trading someone with Watson like issues?

Not at all, and considering I'm not posting much at all in PF, I'd like to know your definition of spamming. I mean I see you and vers post about 10-20 posts for one of mine. Are you spamming too? Or are my posts spam because YOU AND VERS don't like them? I'm talking about an important topic in Browns football, hell I'd call it a historic topic, am I not allowed to have my own view or opinion on that? You surprise me with this.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Not at all, and considering I'm not posting much at all in PF, I'd like to know your definition of spamming. I mean I see you and vers post about 10-20 posts for one of mine. Are you spamming too? Or are my posts spam because YOU AND VERS don't like them? I'm talking about an important topic in Browns football, hell I'd call it a historic topic, am I not allowed to have my own view or opinion on that? You surprise me with this.

Of course you are allowed to have your own take. However, it was you and 888 who went on the attack when I made a post that didn't have a thing to do w/either of you. Perhaps others should be permitted to voice their thoughts w/out you guys attacking us?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DeShaun Watson in perpetuum et unum diem

Link Copied to Clipboard