Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Legend
Legend
R
That Emerson play was one of the best football plays I've ever seen. Gives me some hope for him.

Legend
Legend
And the stiff arm after the INT.

#bullyball

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: jfanent
FATE #1963427 08/17/22 11:28 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good stuff. If only he could make a play like that every week.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The reports said he made another good play against Philly yesterday too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Yep.

The deal is I want to see the guy make the bread and butter plays on a consistent basis. Anybody is bound to make that great catch now and again, and I am not diminishing that. The good receivers are the ones who make the "normal" catches, then mix in some of the spectacular.

I rather have a receiver who catches 95% of the routine balls and none of the other. I say 95% knowing that everybody is going to just drop one every now and then. If that percentage is off from what league average says, then adjust the percentage to whatever it might be.

My theory is if the kid can't catch by this point, he isn't going to be able to. He has had 20 years of people trying to coach him ever since he was 5-6 years old out tossing a ball around with a parent or sibling. Either you can or you can't. There is no sense trying to train someone to be an engineer if they don't understand 8th grade algebra.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree w/this. It’s why I never understand drafting a WR with questionable hands.

and btw, I can’t even do 8th grade algebra wink

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Yep.

The deal is I want to see the guy make the bread and butter plays on a consistent basis. Anybody is bound to make that great catch now and again, and I am not diminishing that. The good receivers are the ones who make the "normal" catches, then mix in some of the spectacular.

I rather have a receiver who catches 95% of the routine balls and none of the other. I say 95% knowing that everybody is going to just drop one every now and then. If that percentage is off from what league average says, then adjust the percentage to whatever it might be.

My theory is if the kid can't catch by this point, he isn't going to be able to. He has had 20 years of people trying to coach him ever since he was 5-6 years old out tossing a ball around with a parent or sibling. Either you can or you can't. There is no sense trying to train someone to be an engineer if they don't understand 8th grade algebra.

You must have hated OBJ then.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Yep.

You must have hated OBJ then.

I didn't like him all that much.

His problem wasn't that he couldn't catch. His problem was he didn't take it seriously or care any longer. I think one could also say he got the "big head" and just got sloppy.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think it was more about his QB being jealous of him and not throwing him the ball. OBJ was freed and played excellent ball once he got away from Baker.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I think it was more about his QB being jealous of him and not throwing him the ball. OBJ was freed and played excellent ball once he got away from Baker.

That too.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

rofl 'freed' < that is ridiculous. OBJ never wanted to be here and was cancer in the locker room. We all watched him repeatedly drop those automatic catches, only to occasionally make one of his diva one-handers. But you go ahead and see it your way, I'll stick to reality. Personally, I don't give a damn what he did when he went where he wanted to be, because he and his daddy took a steaming dump on my team.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/19/22 07:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Jaguars 13 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard