Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Holdout won't settle because Browns' Deshaun Watson 'still refuses to admit that he harassed and committed indecent assault'

Shortly after it was learned earlier this month that NFL disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson initially recommended a six-game suspension for Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson regarding allegations of sexual misconduct during massage sessions, attorney Tony Buzbee confirmed that his legal team had settled 23 of 24 civil lawsuits brought against Watson.

"We will continue to discuss the remaining case with Watson’s legal team, as appropriate," the attorney representing the plaintiffs suing the signal-caller added at that time.

On Thursday, the NFL confirmed a settlement with the NFL Players Association that resulted in Watson receiving an 11-game ban and a $5 million fine. Per the league's website, the deal "requires compliance with a professional evaluation and treatment plan."

Watson has since publicly insisted he "never assaulted anyone or disrespected anyone" even though he apologized last Friday "to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation." As Mike Florio noted for Pro Football Talk, a former massage therapist named Lauren Baxley explained why she remains the lone holdout in the civil cases for a piece published early Friday morning by the Daily Beast.

"I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment," Baxley said. "Watson still refuses to admit that he harassed and committed indecent assault against me. Any settlement offer he has made has been a dismissal of his evil actions, and I know that unless there is an authoritative intervention, he will continue his destructive behavior."

Two grand juries declined to indict Watson earlier this year.

"Because Watson repeatedly assaulted women, the institutions and individuals who currently uphold and employ him must also be held accountable," Baxley continued. "I am just one of dozens of women whose lives have been eternally harmed by his sexual violence. Even one more victim is outrageous.

"I will say again: All non-consensual sexual acts are a violence, particularly when the predator far outweighs his victims in physical stature and influential power. And inherent and unspoken threats are just as damaging to the psyche as explicit threats. I will never cease my attempts to educate on this point."

The National Organization of Women, the president and founder of the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, and the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center have all released statements reacting to Watson's punishment.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...UOIc4pM2XYRxGVJ0navXr9Df-9ThidxF-Fta5YME

This seems like a very odd, new twist to this story. You see, many including myself thought that if watson said anything or admitted the truth about what actually happened with these women it would be used against him in the lone remaining civil suit.

When the fact is it seems his unwillingness to include such language in the civil suit settlement agreement seems to be what's preventing the suit from being settled. It seems all she is asking for is that the language of the settlement agreement include language admitting wrongdoing and him getting specific counseling for his conduct.

I made sure to place the new thread in Tailgate so we don't have to hear Vers keep whining.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
National Organization for Women: Deshaun Watson Suspension 'Nowhere Near Enough'

The National Organization for Women criticized the 11-game suspension and $5 million fine given to Deshaun Watson on Thursday, as agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA, saying it's "nowhere near enough."

"That $5 million represents 2.1739 percent of Watson’s new $230 million contract with the Cleveland Browns, which was negotiated after more than two dozen women had accused the star athlete of sexual misconduct," the advocacy group said in a statement. "NOW is pleased to see behavioral evaluation and treatment recognized as best practices by the NFL, but they have a lot to learn about math."

Watson—who was accused of sexual assault and sexual misconduct by 25 different women in civil lawsuits filed against him—was originally suspended six games by independent arbitrator Sue L. Robinson.

The NFL appealed that suspension and sought at least a one-year ban, and the league and NFLPA settled on Thursday's punishment.

For NOW, that decision fell short of the mark.

"Women need more than empty words and half-measures. The culture of toxic masculinity within the NFL must change—NOW," its statement read. "Deshaun Watson’s career and wealth won’t be damaged by this decision—unlike the dozens of women he has irreparably harmed. No, this isn’t good enough."

Watson has since settled 23 of the 25 lawsuits against him, and one has been dropped. Two separate grand juries in Texas also declined to pursue criminal charges.

In March he was traded to the Browns and signed a fully guaranteed five-year, $230 million contract. The Browns structured his contract to include a base salary of just $1 million in 2022, with many critics of the move arguing that the team did so to help alleviate as much potential financial impact from a suspension as possible.

Peter King of NBC Sports reported the following in March after the deal was signed:

"Jimmy and Dee Haslam. Not the most popular people at the league meetings on Sunday. I heard lots of grumbling from those who think a) trading six picks for a player who may be found guilty of heinous offenses or b) signing Watson to the richest guaranteed contract in league history and giving him an $80-million raise 'stinks to high heaven,' as one team exec said. The Haslams had to know it was coming, and now that they've traded for and signed Watson, it's not going away."

On Thursday, Watson vacillated between being remorseful and maintaining that he believes he did nothing wrong, a somewhat contradictory approach.

"I'll continue to stand on my innocence, just because you know settlements, and things like that happen doesn't mean that a person is guilty for anything," he told reporters. "I feel like a person has an opportunity to stand on his innocence and prove that, and we proved that from a legal side, and just going to continue to push forward as an individual and as a person."

As for why he apologized in his public statement if he felt he was innocent, Watson responded: "For everyone that was affected by this situation. There were a lot of people that were triggered."

"We respect his opinion," Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told reporters when asked about Watson proclaiming his innocence. "I do think in counseling Deshaun will learn a lot more about himself."

Whether he received enough of a punishment as he goes through that process remains a hotbed topic around the NFL.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...un-watson-suspension-nowhere-near-enough

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Cleveland Rape Crisis Center 'stands with those who have been hurt' by Browns' Deshaun Watson

The settlement between the NFL and NFL Players Association that resulted in Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson receiving an 11-game suspension and a $5 million fine regarding allegations of sexual misconduct during massage sessions has understandably elicited strong reactions from both within and outside of the football community.

The National Organization of Women heavily criticized a punishment it said "is nowhere near enough," and Scott Berkowitz, the founder and president of the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, commented that "Watson had a chance to show he could change, and he immediately blew it" by not offering a sincere apology for his actions on Thursday.

Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represented the plaintiffs in 24 civil lawsuits brought against Watson, remarked in a statement that "the NFL has certainly demonstrated that its ownership and the organization don’t care" about sexual assault, and former NFL quarterback and current ESPN personality Robert Griffin III tweeted that the league "failed" women with a "sickening" punishment.

The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center previously responded to the initial six-game ban for Watson recommended by NFL disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson earlier this month and released a new statement following Thursday's update on the 26-year-old's status.

"Cleveland Rape Crisis Center stands with those who have been hurt by Deshaun Watson," that organization said.

Per the NFL's website, the Browns and the league are each contributing $1 million that will be added to Watson's fine to "create a fund of $7 million to support the prevention of sexual misconduct and assault." That fund will "support the work of non-profit organizations across the country that educate young people on healthy relationships, promote education and prevention of sexual misconduct and assault, support survivors, and related causes."

Two grand juries declined to indict Watson on criminal charges long before Judge Robinson made her ruling.

"While traditional avenues of criminal justice may have failed his accusers, today’s NFL and NFLPA settlement of increased punishment is a step towards validating their experiences. Healing comes to survivors in many forms," the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center continued.

"Cleveland Rape Crisis Center believes and supports survivors. Continued headlines are triggering for many. Our staff is available 24/7/365 online or by calling/texting (216) 619-6192."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti..._browns_deshaun_watson/s1_13132_37790549

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Florio: Watson's post-settlement denial could compromise reinstatement

Deshaun Watson is tentatively scheduled to make his Browns debut in Week 13 after he serves an 11-game suspension.

But by at least one insider's account, it's far from a given that it will transpire that way.

That's because, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Watson and his camp may have violated his settlement with the NFL by proclaiming his innocence on Thursday, shortly after terms of the deal were announced.

Part of Watson's suspension calls for an independent psychiatric evaluation and treatment, and, according to Florio, it's hard to imagine a therapist signing off on Watson's progress if he's maintaining that he did nothing wrong.

Last week, Watson apologized to his accusers for "wrongdoing" during an interview with a Browns sideline reporter. But Florio thinks Watson's apparent about-face on accepting responsibility for his alleged actions won't sit well with the league, and, more importantly, the person who is evaluating his mental health.

As ESPN's Adam Schefter noted, the settlement calls for Watson's compliance with the evaluation, and "if he doesn't comply, his reinstatement could be delayed, plus further discipline." Part of that compliance, Florio suggests, is accepting responsibility for his alleged actions.

Yet on Thursday, Watson appeared to double down on the idea that he did nothing wrong, and seemed to apologize to those who were "triggered" by the allegations rather than to the accusers themselves.

“I’ve always stood on my innocence, and always said I’ve never assaulted anyone or disrespected anyone, and I’m continuing to stand on that,” Watson said.

Watson was asked, why apologize if he did nothing wrong?

“For everyone that was affected by this situation,” Watson said. “There was a lot of people that were triggered.”

Meanwhile Watson's agent, David Mulugheta, deleted a tweet in which he attacked the ruling of arbitrator Sue L. Robinson, then followed up with a tweet claiming that Watson's maintains his innocence, irrespective of the settlement.

Florio likened the Watson camp's seeming narrative reversal to a "criminal defendant who signs a plea agreement before proclaiming he didn't do it."

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/s...hy_nNrHRU2GoP-oUJKmPonLdqq50W5ZxwWC8W1F4

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
This was my first thought when he made that statement of 'still innocent'. I couldn't see how any mental help he's supposedly getting wouldn't mandate he accept what he did as wrong. And it sure sounded like a slap in the face to whoever negotiated this settlement. Oh well, he's Jimmy's problem now. If the Browns can't get through to him in the position he is in, the public will via backlash against the NFL, who will most definitely let that crap roll downhill and land in Watson's and the Brown's lap. You just can't reach or teach some people, and he may very well be one.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/20/22 04:03 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I care more about the Cleveland Browns winning.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It seems you are not alone. Many seem to make that a higher priority than his victims.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Nope. His victims got paid. They settled. (All but one, obviously.)
Now I just want to watch the Browns. I’ll root for the Browns. If Watson suits up I’ll root for the Browns. When Watson retires I’ll root for the Browns.
I have no control over the roster. Yet I root for the Browns.
The team will sign, draft, cut, resign, etc players over the course of my life. Never once asking my opinion. Yet I’ll root for the Browns.

I want the team to win… because I root for the Browns.

I’ll go to work M-F and do a job I honestly wish I no longer had to do. Then spend my weekends creating art. In the fall and winter I’ll look forward to Sunday’s because of the Browns. Then Monday will come… rinse and repeat until they put me in a box in the ground. Likely before Watson goes in his. Either way life will go on. Without me. Without Watson. Likely one day in the distant future it’ll go on without the NFL and the Browns at all.

Until I’m in my box…
Go Browns.

If you see that as me not giving a crap about Watson’s victims. You’re wrong. I have no control over him, the team, the courts, the women… none of it.

I’m a Browns fan. I’m not going to let one player ruin it. Art Modell tried to ruin it by taking the team from me/us… and failed. Watson doesn’t stand a chance compared to what Art did.

Go Browns.

[Linked Image]
11 members like this: Hammer, oobernoober, Ballpeen
A
Legend
Legend
A
Me too.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Nope. His victims got paid. They settled. (All but one, obviously.)
Now I just want to watch the Browns. I’ll root for the Browns. If Watson suits up I’ll root for the Browns. When Watson retires I’ll root for the Browns.
I have no control over the roster. Yet I root for the Browns.
The team will sign, draft, cut, resign, etc players over the course of my life. Never once asking my opinion. Yet I’ll root for the Browns.

I want the team to win… because I root for the Browns.

I’ll go to work M-F and do a job I honestly wish I no longer had to do. Then spend my weekends creating art. In the fall and winter I’ll look forward to Sunday’s because of the Browns. Then Monday will come… rinse and repeat until they put me in a box in the ground. Likely before Watson goes in his. Either way life will go on. Without me. Without Watson. Likely one day in the distant future it’ll go on without the NFL and the Browns at all.

Until I’m in my box…
Go Browns.

If you see that as me not giving a crap about Watson’s victims. You’re wrong. I have no control over him, the team, the courts, the women… none of it.

I’m a Browns fan. I’m not going to let one player ruin it. Art Modell tried to ruin it by taking the team from me/us… and failed. Watson doesn’t stand a chance compared to what Art did.

Go Browns.

Boom.

/thread

Legend
Legend
Great post

<><

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Until I’m in my box…
Go Browns.

You forgot to add.... "No matter gross or despicable".

Go Browns.

It seems obvious once again that you feel moving the team is more important than sexual assault victims. Man, seeing people's priority lists I find to be very revealing.

You are supporting Haslam no matter how you slice it. You hated Modell but are helping line Halslam's pockets for bringing a sexual predator here as the face of the franchise for years to come. No amount of rationalization will change that.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It seems obvious once again that you feel moving the team is more important than sexual assault victims. Man, seeing people's priority lists I find to be very revealing.

You are supporting Haslam no matter how you slice it. You hated Modell but are helping line Halslam's pockets for bringing a sexual predator here as the face of the franchise for years to come. No amount of rationalization will change that.

And you continue to associate with us. I think you secretly want the Browns to win at all costs, but you have to continue to beat your little drum so you think everyone believes you to be virtuous and above reproach.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So leave if you’re so miserable.
It was nice having you on the board, as a fellow fan.
Sounds like you’re no longer a fan. Bye.

I don’t “line the Haslem’s pockets” anymore than by buying the NFL season ticket. I don’t go to games. I don’t buy Browns’ gear. I like to watch football. I like to watch the Browns.
I won’t make myself miserable about crap that’s out of my control.

You’ve chosen the path of misery. What Watson did was gross. I won’t argue with you. If it’s something you’re unable to get past… we’ll see you in a few years when Watson no longer plays for the Browns. Until then… been nice knowing you.

Go Browns.

(I’m not going to get drawn into a back and forth with you. You’ve chosen your stance. I won’t begrudge you. I’m still a Browns fan. Don’t begrudge me.)

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: FATE, archbolddawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Da hell is going on? I 'liked' 2 of your posts in the same day!

I'd like to say what pit is on record as saying - but I won't. It'll just give lwl a reason to post, belittle, and demean. Everyone knows what he said anyway.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ

And you continue to associate with us. I think you secretly want the Browns to win at all costs, but you have to continue to beat your little drum so you think everyone believes you to be virtuous and above reproach.

You do realize that simply not being a sexual offender nor supporting a sexual offender isn't a sign of virtue, right? Nor does it make you above reproach. It's a simply sign of common human decency. There's a huge chasm between the two. It's not like we're discussing a traffic offense here. I have a wife, a daughter and a sister. None of whom think sexual abuse is some minor offense that is a threshold for virtue. It's disgusting.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Da hell is going on? I 'liked' 2 of your posts in the same day!

I'd like to say what pit is on record as saying - but I won't. It'll just give lwl a reason to post, belittle, and demean. Everyone knows what he said anyway.

I know everyone acted like my signature was crazy and were outraged by it. Then Sue Robinson called him a predator. If you're going to call me out man up and do it. Don't half ass it.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So leave if you’re so miserable.
It was nice having you on the board, as a fellow fan.
Sounds like you’re no longer a fan. Bye.

I'm not going anywhere but thanks for showing you think you have some right to dictate who posts on this board.

I don’t “line the Haslem’s pockets” anymore than by buying the NFL season ticket. I don’t go to games. I don’t buy Browns’ gear. I like to watch football. I like to watch the Browns.
I won’t make myself miserable about crap that’s out of my control.

What happened was out of your control. What you do and how you react to iy are 100% in your control.

You’ve chosen the path of misery. What Watson did was gross. I won’t argue with you. If it’s something you’re unable to get past… we’ll see you in a few years when Watson no longer plays for the Browns. Until then… been nice knowing you.

It's not misery. Why do you think it is? And you'll see me now, tomorrow and so on. I'm not going anywhere. I have been a fan of this team for well over 55 years. What Haslam has done and what watson has done is beyond any form of human decency.

(I’m not going to get drawn into a back and forth with you. You’ve chosen your stance. I won’t begrudge you. I’m still a Browns fan. Don’t begrudge me.)

Nobody asked you to respond to this thread. That was your own choice. As I said earlier you have no control over what I post, but you do control your reaction to it. But I guess this is somehow different? I don't begrudge anyone. But I'm certainly going to post and update anything involving the watson story. It's a part of what you have chosen to accept. It's a part of this team now. He's the face of this franchise. I would have thought by now people would have figured out that I will not be shouted down or pressured into caving to the whims of others.

As much as many of you hate it, he's your QB now. He's what you and many others have chosen to support. That's not on me. Just a reflection on those who have decided to do so.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Derp. You win. I’m no longer a Browns fan.

Go Browns.

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well said.

I watch sports for entertainment purposes. I do not associate watching sports or rooting for certain teams to political, social, religious, economic, etc stances. In fact, it's cool to get away from all that depressing stuff and just be entertained for awhile.

Like you, I don't begrudge anyone for not rooting for the Browns. Rooting for one team or another or hating one team or another is a personal choice. Hell, when I met my wife, we lived in different states. She had season tickets to the Steelers games and I had season tickets to the Browns games. To think that we wouldn't have a relationship due to what team we supported is insane.

I will say that my only issue w/the current climate is how some folks are trying to shame others into feeling a certain way. Saying things like we don't care about the victims. That's rather disturbing.

There are a ton of terrible things going on in our country and this world. But, I wouldn't turn my back on our country just because I may not have liked a certain president.There is way too much drama in regards to this topic. I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you are. We are going to root for the Browns no matter what anyone says. And have fun doing it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Anyone remember the poster PDX?
He stood by his convictions. He totally renounced his Browns fandom with the Watson signing. Sold ALL his gear and memorabilia. He quit DT. He’s done.
I commend him for his resolve. That said we’re friends in the ‘real world’. He holds no ill will towards me when he comes by to hang out.

If you don’t like the team, don’t like them.
I’m not the team.

Go Browns. (Notice I didn’t say ‘go Watson’?)

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I do not associate watching sports or rooting for certain teams to political, social, religious, economic, etc stances.

And this is none of those things. I don't care who watson voted for, how much money he makes, what his religion is or his social stands. Even though many had a cow when players knelt for the national anthem. Now who would make a huge issue over the national anthem but not make the sexual assault of women a higher priority? Things that make you go hmmm for $500 Alex. But I understand why people wish to deflect away from what he actually did and why they've chosen not to give a damn about it.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You didn't have to say "go watson" when you say go browns. He's not only a brown, he's the face of the franchise.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ

You do realize that simply not being a sexual offender nor supporting a sexual offender isn't a sign of virtue, right? Nor does it make you above reproach. It's a simply sign of common human decency. There's a huge chasm between the two. It's not like we're discussing a traffic offense here. I have a wife, a daughter and a sister. None of whom think sexual abuse is some minor offense that is a threshold for virtue. It's disgusting.

You do realize Watson was never actually convicted of anything? You do realize that Wason was only found to have violated a very broad employment condition?

You do realize you beat the drum so you can try and make everyone else miserable instead of actually trying to affect any real chage? You do realize a lot of people are tired of your tired old schtick? You do realize people are moving on? You do realize that the NFL got their pound of flesh and the the accusers got paid?

See, I can do the "you do realize BS as well.

Pah-rump-a-pum-pum drummer boy.

2 members like this: Rishuz, MemphisBrownie
R
Legend
Legend
R
What you do and how you react to iy are 100% in your control.

What are you doing besides coming on here and posting about it?

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You didn't have to say "go watson" when you say go browns. He's not only a brown, he's the face of the franchise.

But didn’t you see the other post I made where I said you won and that I’m no longer a Browns fan like you want us all to no longer be?

Go Browns.

Honestly, what do you want from us, from me? To not be a Browns fan? Cuz it just isn’t going to happen. So what’s next? Do you want me to hate Watson’s actions?… FYI I do.
Do you want me to come to DT to continuously hate on the Browns?

What actions are you looking for from me? What can I do to placate you?

Go Browns.

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's pretty finny. Sue Robinson was asked to rule on the violations. That much is true. She was not however asked to rule on her findings of his actions as it pertains to the details.

She wasn't asked to include in her findings that he is a liar. Nor was she asked to find that he was a predator. Nor was she asked to conclude that his actions were egregious. After three full days of testimony from both sides these were her conclusions. And none of that was contained or requested in what you describe as "very broad employment conditions".

You do realize nobody is forcing anyone to read this thread if it makes them feel "miserable", right? naughtydevil

You do realize a lot of people are tired of your tired old schtick? You do realize people are moving on?

Yet here you are.....

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm not looking for anything from you. I'm posting on watson stories surrounding his disgusting actions just like fans do any other news pertaining to the browns. It just seems to be news that nobody wants to hear and that people insist on justifying that football means more to them. And hey, that's their choice no matter how disgusting I find that to be. People have the choice not to read this thread. They have the choice not to respond to it.

Remember? You have no control over the roster. You also have no control over what I post and the stories that come out about watson. Yet oddly enough on the one hand you say you not having any control equates to you not taking a stand. When I post about watson you certainly change your attitude about how you react to something you can't control. I wonder why you treat the two situations so differently?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's pretty finny. Sue Robinson was asked to rule on the violations. That much is true. She was not however asked to rule on her findings of his actions as it pertains to the details.

She wasn't asked to include in her findings that he is a liar. Nor was she asked to find that he was a predator. Nor was she asked to conclude that his actions were egregious. After three full days of testimony from both sides these were her conclusions. And none of that was contained or requested in what you describe as "very broad employment conditions".

You do realize nobody is forcing anyone to read this thread if it makes them feel "miserable", right? naughtydevil

You do realize a lot of people are tired of your tired old schtick? You do realize people are moving on?

Yet here you are.....

Sue Robison made it clear in her report that the NFL did not have a previous definition and she admonished them for that.

You do realize you are here to fight, right?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You do you Pit. Enjoy.

Go Browns.

I’m out.

Go Browns.

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
None of what you stated changes anything about her finding his actions predatory. Can you show me where the NFL defined, or in any way asked for her to define or call watson's actions predatory? How about egregious? Did the NFL define what a liar was or ask her to conclude whether watson was a liar or not?

I'll help save you some time. No they did not.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Just a few more details involving the woman who is refusing to settle her lawsuit against watson.....

The Cleveland Browns quarterback has settled with 23 of the 24 women who accused him of sexual misconduct. I am the lone holdout. Let me explain why.

On Aug. 18, the NFL and the Cleveland Browns agreed to suspend quarterback Deshaun Watson for 11 games and fine him $5 million after 24 women accused him of varying degrees of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions (he signed a $230 million contract with the Browns this offsesason). All of his accusers agreed to financial settlements with Watson. Except one.........

My name is Lauren Baxley. I am a former massage therapist, having quit the only career I have known in May of this year.

I was forced into quitting for the sake of my health and life; I have not felt safe providing therapy since before June of 2020.

I am the remaining plaintiff against Deshaun Watson, the Cleveland Browns quarterback who harassed and committed indecent assault against me.

I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment. Watson still refuses to admit that he harassed and committed indecent assault against me. Any settlement offer he has made has been a dismissal of his evil actions, and I know that unless there is an authoritative intervention, he will continue his destructive behavior.

Because Watson repeatedly assaulted women, the institutions and individuals who currently uphold and employ him must also be held accountable.

I am just one of dozens of women whose lives have been eternally harmed by his sexual violence. Even one more victim is outrageous.

I will say again: All non-consensual sexual acts are a violence, particularly when the predator far outweighs his victims in physical stature and influential power. And inherent and unspoken threats are just as damaging to the psyche as explicit threats. I will never cease my attempts to educate on this point.

I sincerely, with humility in my relative anonymity, ask that those in power over Deshaun Watson make swift and stringent decisions to prevent further acts of harm against women. Please remember the women who have decided they could no longer fight this legal battle after multiple courts, and multiple fandoms, told them their lives didn’t matter.

Please remember his victims who did not sue, and please take action for survivors everywhere.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-im-refusing-to-settle-with-nfl-star-deshaun-watson?ref=scroll

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
None of what you stated changes anything about her finding his actions predatory. Can you show me where the NFL defined, or in any way asked for her to define or call watson's actions predatory? How about egregious? Did the NFL define what a liar was or ask her to conclude whether watson was a liar or not?

I'll help save you some time. No they did not.

Actually it does. A finding based on an unsound process is unsound. I get that you are an end-means kind of person, the end is all you care about. I believe in a sound process, which was not the case in this.

You do not know what she was asked or not asked to do, you were not in any investigative meetings, the hearing, or any follow up meetings. You assert points that you cannot prove as you have no intimate knowledge of the process. So keep your help to yourself, you know far less than you care to admit and you only care to see the end finding, and only of that which you wish to see.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Name calling in the thread title by the original poster. Hmm.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Someone must be lonely. Start a thread and have 17 of the 33 posts in it. Wasn't there another thread already on here regarding the same subject? And here I thought all the things regarding this situation had already been discussed.

Would it help if the Browns signed Keanu Reeves hoping to balance out the bad the Browns have done by Watson's signing? He is supposed to be a really great guy. Maybe we can get him from the Sentinels for a 7th round pick.

2 members like this: Versatile Dog, EveDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Shane Falco is a saint!

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Shane Falco is a saint!

Keanue Reeves played an ex-college QB from the same college in two different movies. Name the movies and the college!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Shane Falco is a saint!

Keanue Reeves played an ex-college QB from the same college in two different movies. Name the movies and the college!

The Replacements (Shane Falco) and Point Break (Johnny Utah).

Played for Ohio State. Johnny Utah won the Rose Bowl! (I think)

2 members like this: oobernoober, Rishuz
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Shane Falco is a saint!

The Replacements (Shane Falco) and Point Break (Johnny Utah).

Played for Ohio State. Johnny Utah won the Rose Bowl! (I think)

I don't know about the Rose Bowl in Point Break, but Shane Falco definitely lost the Sugar Bowl.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
T
Legend
Legend
T
On a Browns message board the Browns winning is the Priority.
You can put social issues as a priority when you are standing in front of a clinic holding a sign.
By the way, how well does your internet device work if you are standing in front of a clinic holding a sign, and if you are looking at it, (your mobile internet device), then how are you paying enough attention to getting your message across, to the people who may be having a look at your sign, while you are standing in front of a clinic,
or do you even care about the social issues at all. I'm saying that anyone who really cared about the women, wouldn't be posting on a football message board at all.
Do you volunteer your time?
But while I'm posting on the football message board, during that time, I care about the football team,
in this case,
I care about the Browns winning, as I posted, I care more about the Browns winning.

One could say some need their own forum, or actually their own message board, totally separate for anyone who cares about the social issue, and their are so many various and different social issues.
I don't intend to make a false idol out of any of the social issues when it comes to messages on a Browns message board.
Therefore I posted again, I care more about the Browns winning.
and
just like everything on this message board should be followed by,
this post, And anything you'd have to respond to this common sense, should include as a final line, (including your posts should include as a final line)
I said into a mirror.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Watson.... The Infection That Never seems To End

Link Copied to Clipboard