Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
Before Nick's draft I saw an interview with Saquon Barkley. At that time Saquon was the big dog coming out. He was asked "what back do you watch and respect?"

His answer was Nick Chubb.

Nick goes out there on the field with the intention of "I am going to whip your butt."

I love watching him.

Legend
Legend
This article was posted today and it had some interesting possible trades:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...am-should-propose-before-the-2022-season

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To be honest, I don't expect Hunt to be with us after the trade deadline.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I would hate to lose him, but I get what you're saying. Hope he goes somewhere that'll give him his carries, and we get the right compensation.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Interesting comment about Winfrey after he appears to have been benched the 1st quarter of this past game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I would hate to lose him, but I get what you're saying. Hope he goes somewhere that'll give him his carries, and we get the right compensation.

I don't wish to see him gone, but I think Ford and Johnson make more cost effective backups.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by eotab
mac and others

He can manage the position he however is not great at it which we would want him to be. So in my building the team I was hoping to draft an amazing DT Jordan Davis and then the next two years make a move with our first round pick and draft a LT moving Wills to RT after Conklin is no longer here. Of course we went and made the trade instead Wills will get better each season I'm sure of that.

He's never been anywhere near special and his work ethic may be in question - Teller's comments last year...his getting yanked this year in TC. He is the weakest link in the OL chain...something PFF doesn't/didn't recognize when their "math" had/has the Browns OL as top 5 or better. When your LT is average on his best day (when uninjured) your OL is not top 5. Sometimes one (not you) has to put down the agenda and watch the game instead of reading/spouting PFF as the gospel.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with you in terms of Johnson. When it comes to Ford I like what I've seen but I think everyone should consider the competition he has been playing against. He looks very good against back ups and third stringers but that in no way indicates what the results would be playing against first string NFL competition. Johnson by contrast has at least somewhat of a track record in that department.

But if Hunt leaves and Johnson become the back-up/2nd back, that would relegate Ford to third string. So in that context it may not be a bad situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Did Jordan Davis make a play vs the Browns.?
I saw the Browns RBs running at will vs the Eagles.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't discount "watching the games". But that is no comparison to game film where you can actually see and break down each players film. Watching a game gives you very little in terms of total player evaluation over the course of a game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't discount "watching the games". But that is no comparison to game film where you can actually see and break down each players film. Watching a game gives you very little in terms of total player evaluation over the course of a game.

I agree. I'm just stating that a PFF blanket rating based on numbers can hide the fact that 20% of the position is simply not very good.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I did consider the talent Ford is playing against. One also needs to consider Hunt is an aging back that wants a large payday. We won't retain him after this year, not without some heroic effort from the front office. I would think they will use a trade to get some value and be happy with the line up they retain with Johnson and Ford backing up. This front office doesn't appear to just spend, large hits are strategic and paying Hunt is not strategic at this point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just let him have all his carries on a NFC team !

1 member likes this: Pdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Just let him have all his carries on a NFC team !

But not the ones we play this year... laugh

Legend
Legend
Seems to me like Winfrey is a long way from anything

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Sorry Frank, your favorite player Motley got cut.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There goes the season then... see ya next year! laugh

1 member likes this: Pdawg
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

The shine is coming off the FO's decision-making.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg

There can only be one Wyatt

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
T-minus 20 days.... .

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

I agree. It would be stupid to keep him. You just have to weigh the reasons to trade him v the reason not and it makes it a pretty simple decision.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Interesting comment about Winfrey after he appears to have been benched the 1st quarter of this past game.

Hopefully just typical rookie things.

I focused on him a bit during the game. He seemed to be running around lost a good deal of the time and his motor didn't look non-stop.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't wish to see him gone, but I think Ford and Johnson make more cost effective backups.

I don't even care all that much about cost. At least for this year.

We have the backs to fill the position and we won't have to cut a back to keep a guy we won't be able to sign next year. It's a no brainer IMO.

After this year, we end up having to cut a player, so we won't have him and we won't have Hunt or the pick or player we could get in return. It's like losing out on 3 players to keep Hunt this year.

I might not be the best horse trader in the world, but that doesn't add up.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Hopefully just typical rookie things.

I focused on him a bit during the game. He seemed to be running around lost a good deal of the time and his motor didn't look non-stop.

Right now he is thinking instead of reacting, thus he is playing really slow, and unsure.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Winfrey was really, really bad against the Eagles. I focused on him and it was brutal.

As far as Hunt goes, I disagree w/peen that we should trade him. A RB isn't going to get you a decent draft pick in a trade. Hunt is a quality back who can help us this year. A 5th round pick is a long shot to ever even becoming a starter.

1 member likes this: Rishuz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

How so? He was a day three selection.

[Linked Image]

R
Legend
Legend
R
Because they traded Baker.

2 members like this: FL_Dawg, Versatile Dog
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I don't even care all that much about cost. At least for this year.

We have the backs to fill the position and we won't have to cut a back to keep a guy we won't be able to sign next year. It's a no brainer IMO.

After this year, we end up having to cut a player, so we won't have him and we won't have Hunt or the pick or player we could get in return. It's like losing out on 3 players to keep Hunt this year.

I might not be the best horse trader in the world, but that doesn't add up.

This year is already over...the FO+ knew such was a possibility and rolled the dice anyway. Whatever we get for Hunt will be worth more to us next year+ than anything he can contribute this year that would be meaningful.

I like Hunt...a lot...but this is the position the FO+ has put us in. I think the FO will decide it fruitless to spend on WR & DT as well.

M
Legend
Legend
M
This year is already over...the FO+ knew such was a possibility and rolled the dice anyway. Whatever we get for Hunt will be worth more to us next year+ than anything he can contribute this year that would be meaningful.

I like Hunt...a lot...but this is the position the FO+ has put us in. I think the FO will decide it fruitless to spend on WR & DT as well.

I hope you are wrong. Although we should have some idea before the trade deadline and we may have options. But ain't it something when any opinion you voice whether it's about the morals of your QB, play of your team or whether a RB in the last year of his contract should be traded will just get dismissed because of a player no longer on the team?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
R
Legend
Legend
R
The most vocal anti-Watson posters (which also turn into "bad front office" posts, "the trade will never be worth it even 10 years down the road" posts) also happen to be the most vocal pro-Baker posters, even pre trade.

Are you claiming that's a coincidence? It's a simple yes or no question. If you believe it's a coincidence, we can agree to disagree.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I can only speak for myself. There is zero correlation.

Shocking to you maybe, but fans care that the QB they traded for has such a chequered recent history and was labeled guilty by the NFL with egregious and predatory conduct.

I like KS. I think Berry is very good. I loved the Winfrey pick. I don't know who is now knocking the FO and if they were Baker fans or not. I can tell you Pit was most definitely not a Baker fan boy, so going back to your Q .... I don't see a connection.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

How so? He was a day three selection.

2020 Draft

1st Rd - Wills. More negative questions than positive results. Best OL coach in the league and the guy still has issues.
3rd Rd - Elliott. Rededicated himself for this year. rolleyes He's been awful thus far.
3rd Rd - Phillips. Still JAG. If he can't beat out Anthony Walker for meaningful snaps then he's toast.

2021 Draft

3rd Rd - Schwartz. Half the fans on here want him cut after (1) season.

2022 Draft

1st Rd - To Houston - who needs a DT?
2nd Rd - Traded - who needs a WR?
3rd Rd - Emerson. Lots to like...but Ward, Greedy, Newsome & Green will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Who needs a WR/DT?

2022 Roster

Backup QB to be the starter for (11) games minimum - they took this risk. Keenum is more-accomplished but he was discarded.
Backups backup is a 6+ year vet with ~17 passes thrown in the NFL
Who needs a QB to win?

(1) true NFL caliber WR; he'd be the 3rd best WR on the Bengals. No other WR would make the Bengals roster. WRs in 2021 were so bad that the top (3) weren't wanted back.

(?) number of DTs that could get meaningful snaps for another NFL team. DTs in 2021 were so bad that the top (2) weren't wanted back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fans will state that a team cannot have All-pros at every position...but that's not our issue at WR & DT...not only do we not have All-Pros...our average Joes aren't good enough to make a competitive roster in the league. Our "shining light" will come after the other 31 teams have discarded the best 53 on their roster.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mgh888
I can only speak for myself. There is zero correlation.

Shocking to you maybe, but fans care that the QB they traded for has such a chequered recent history and was labeled guilty by the NFL with egregious and predatory conduct.

I like KS. I think Berry is very good. I loved the Winfrey pick. I don't know who is now knocking the FO and if they were Baker fans or not. I can tell you Pit was most definitely not a Baker fan boy, so going back to your Q .... I don't see a connection.

To my eye, there is (1) pro-Baker poster on here who can't let it go and (1) anti-Baker poster who can't stop bringing him up and misleading folks as to what was the 2021 season.

The correlation that some appear to want to draw is in their own minds. One can be critical of the FO without saying that they are bad. I get it though. It's much harder to make a point with real examples than it is to make a blanket statement about another person's intent.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have a feeling the conversation has moved away from Browns news and moved towards poster news, but here is a news tweet if anyone is interested.

I think it will be good to let JB play the first quarter against ATL w/the starting OL. Not sure if that will happen or not?

Also, Depo mentioned during the Eagle telecast that they were discussing on whether or not to play JB and Watson in the final game. We have our answer on JB. Not sure about Watson. I'd give him a series or two. Looks like Dobbs has won a backup spot and Rosen probably will be cut.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember this guy, but it's worth noting for those who were around back in the day.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The following is from the Gregg Rosenthal article that I posted on the NFL Camp News thread a little while ago.

Last week in this space, I noted how the Browns could afford to deal running back Kareem Hunt because of their deep backfield if they found a taker. The comedy duo Bo Wulf and Zach Berman of The Athletic noted Friday that Eagles coach Nick Sirianni introduced himself to Hunt at joint practices in the same week that Miles Sanders hurt his hamstring. Another route would be trying to trade a spare Eagles receiver for D'Ernest Johnson. It wasn't so long ago the Browns were deep at wideout and the Eagles were scrambling for options, but the analytical tables have turned.

Legend
Legend
I’d be good with them trading us a WR as long as it was Smith and not Reagor haha 😂

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
D'Ernest Johnson for Deon Cain.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes Cont...

Link Copied to Clipboard