Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
To be fair, what was said is that Brissett isn't worse than Baker and will turn the ball over less .. To many that would mean "better" but I wanted to be accurate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1964516 08/22/22 09:24 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by mgh888
To be fair, what was said is that Brissett isn't worse than Baker and will turn the ball over less .. To many that would mean "better" but I wanted to be accurate.
Fair enough. We'll have, minus any injury, 11 weeks to see.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Browns ceiling is likely 8 games this year.

It's going to be long year.

1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
Milk Man #1964522 08/22/22 09:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Here....we....go....

<><

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1964524 08/22/22 09:40 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
They have a brutal series of games right before DW returns but if we start 4-0 we might be able to squeak the playoffs assuming DW hits the ground at full speed.

Legend
Legend
Watching the Jets/Falcons game. The Jets are awful. But Atlanta will be tough to beat at their place because they have some dynamic guys on offense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Ridder has been really impressive.

Rishuz #1964534 08/22/22 10:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Yeah he has. Guys like him are such a good fit in today’s NFL. It’s actually why I think Dobbs is a better fit here than he was in Pittsburgh with their “Big Ben” offense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
mgh888 #1964535 08/22/22 10:42 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
They have a brutal series of games right before DW returns but if we start 4-0 we might be able to squeak the playoffs assuming DW hits the ground at full speed.

We need to go 4-0 or 3-1 to start..... I'm guessing we have 4 wins before DW returns....

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
You guys are weird.

cfrs15 #1964537 08/22/22 10:54 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by cfrs15
You guys are weird.

Which part?

O
Legend
Legend
O
That new Panthers QB worries me in the first game. He plays well with a chip on his shoulder, I hear. I can already see him running backward along our bench giving KS that "Hue, I got your number" look.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
if we go 7-4 or if we want a chance at the playoffs

I could see something like this happening

CAR - win
Jets - win
Pitts - win
ATL - win
LAC - loss
NEP - loss
BAL - loss
CIN - loss
MIA - win
BUF - loss
TAM - win

Watson will have to go 4/6 when he is back.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Can’t wait for week one, not a bit nervous

L
Legend
Legend
L
Myles and Clowney. They’re not nervous.

Is there a reason you still prowl around?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
All of that aside, I think Baker is a pretty good QB and will have a good game. I still expect the Browns to win because we have a better team. That is if the team is ready to play. If i have a beef with Stefanski it is not having the team ready early in the season.

I understand it is a long season and pacing is necessary, but I don't think you can be afraid of injury. I think trying to hide from it causes as many injuries as it prevents. I think you have to be smart in approach. As an example you probably don't want starters up against 3rd teamers who are trying to make a team. Those guys are probably trying too hard and playing after the whistle to catch the eye of the coach.

Practicing and not practicing enough are different deals.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
J/c

I think Baker will probably play well and will is obviously highly motivated, but our concern should be more about McCaffrey and Moore. The offense will go through them. IMO JOK is the key to this one to guard CMC out of the backfield

Ballpeen #1964559 08/23/22 07:35 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
All that aside, I never once said JB was a better qb than Baker. arch has resorted to telling lies, just like Pit and 888.

I have said that JB will probably throw fewer interceptions and take fewer needless sacks. I have also said that Baker has a superior arm and can make more dynamic plays. Personally, I think the deliberate spreading of lies should resort in a suspension, although I realize it would be hard for the refs to monitor. If those guys make the claim enough times, it becomes a "reality" on the board. And again, instead of talking about football, we have to talk about crap like this because of a few posters who constantly make things personal and don't even talk about football. Scroll through a list of arch's posts on this forum and see how many times he is talking about another poster and how many times he talks about football. The disparity is alarming.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure if we are allowed to talk about NFL camp news on this thread, but here is an article on the subject and it contains info on one of our own.

NFL Week 2 preseason winners and losers: Running backs, rookie QBs among top performers
Assessing the biggest standouts, for better or worse, from this week
Cody Benjamin

Week 2 of the NFL preseason is just about wrapped up, with only Monday night's Falcons-Jets contest still on the docket. That means we're well over halfway through the entire exhibition slate, and roughly a week away from final roster cut-downs. The real games are just around the corner. But which players and teams took clear steps in the right (or wrong) direction this week?

Here are our biggest winners and losers from the second week of 2022 preseason action:

Winner: KaVontae Turpin

The Cowboys already had premium offensive weaponry in CeeDee Lamb, Dalton Schultz and Tony Pollard. But they might have to find a way to include Turpin as well, after the minor-league veteran and recent USFL star logged not one but two return touchdowns in Dallas' win over the Chargers. Even if just as a kick or punt returner, he probably locked up a roster spot.

Loser: Antonio Gibson
Speaking of offensive weapons in the NFC East, Gibson genuinely appears to be losing his grasp on the Commanders' top running back job. The former rookie standout, now entering Year 3, rotated with the second- and third-team units at practice recently. Against the Chiefs, he stood on the sidelines while rookie Brian Robinson Jr. started in the backfield, then totaled just two carries while being relegated to kick-return duties.

Winner: Kenny Pickett

The Pittsburgh product was always gonna be the fan favorite in the Steelers' QB competition, but he was decisive and unfazed in limited action against the Jaguars, making the case with a seamless up-tempo scoring drive that he deserves genuine consideration as the Week 1 starter over Mitchell Trubisky, who's more experienced but maybe no more talented.

Loser: Josh Rosen
Not all young AFC North QBs had a good weekend, and Rosen will be the first to admit it after completing just seven of 20 throws against the Eagles' third-stringers. Flopping in each of his career stops, his shot at claiming No. 3 QB duties for the Browns behind Deshaun Watson and Jacoby Brissett is pretty much shot after Joshua Dobbs showcased both an efficient arm and play-extending mobility to keep Cleveland competitive.

Winner: The run game
I
If you played preseason fantasy football with second- and third-string running backs this week, congratulations. The Bills rolled all over the Broncos by deploying every member of their deep backfield: Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, James Cook and Duke Johnson. The Eagles got steady burst from Boston Scott and Kenny Gainwell with Miles Sanders absent. The Lions' trio of Justin Jackson, Craig Reynolds and Godwin Igwebuike combined for over 100 yards against the Colts. Who says the ground game is dead?

Loser: Michael Thomas
Getting hurt isn't necessarily his fault, but the star Saints receiver is trying to return to the field for the first time since 2020, and two days after sitting out his second straight preseason game, he missed practice with a hamstring issue. All while first-round rookie Chris Olave continues to rise up the ranks and approach 2022 as New Orleans' most likely No. 1 target.

Winner: Malik Willis

No one expects the third-round rookie to be a polished passer at this point in his career, so just witnessing his electricity as a scrambler and occasional side-armed thrower should be enough to entice Titans fans growing impatient with Ryan Tannehill under center. No, Willis isn't about to take over at QB, but you can see, after his mobility and arm angles against the Buccaneers, why Tennessee stopped his draft-day fall.

Loser: Kliff Kingsbury
Just kidding. Or are we? The Cardinals coach has jokingly allowed his QB, Kyler Murray, to experiment with play-calling this summer ever since Murray gave him a hard time about running the offense. But once Murray took over the headset late in Arizona's preseason loss to the Ravens, the Cards' offense was decidedly more effective, even threatening a comeback after an option touchdown run by backup Trace McSorley. Now let's see if Kliff surrenders responsibility when it matters.

Winner: Isaiah Likely

Looking for a sleeper who's Likely to have a bigger impact on the Ravens' offense this year than expected? A guy who's Likely to warrant some red-zone targets from Lamar Jackson? And maybe even Likely to share snaps with Mark Andrews? We can't get enough Likely after the rookie fourth-rounder went off with eight catches for 100 yards and a touchdown against the Cardinals, consistently finding or creating space against Arizona's defense.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-headline-top-five-week-2-performances/

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
All that aside, I never once said JB was a better qb than Baker. arch has resorted to telling lies, just like Pit and 888.

I have said that JB will probably throw fewer interceptions and take fewer needless sacks. I have also said that Baker has a superior arm and can make more dynamic plays. Personally, I think the deliberate spreading of lies should resort in a suspension, although I realize it would be hard for the refs to monitor. If those guys make the claim enough times, it becomes a "reality" on the board. And again, instead of talking about football, we have to talk about crap like this because of a few posters who constantly make things personal and don't even talk about football. Scroll through a list of arch's posts on this forum and see how many times he is talking about another poster and how many times he talks about football. The disparity is alarming.

The constant and unfounded of calling others liars is what should get you suspended. The person at the heart and the only common denominator of 80% of all the angst on this board. It used to be a higher % but Watson has created additional divide and animosity. The person without the guts to debate other posters but then can't keep the names of posters he won't debate with out of his posts.

As for reading crappy personal attacks.... That's you and what you just initiated in this thread. Can't make this stuff up.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
V
Legend
Legend
V
For those of you who like to keep abreast of NFL news, here is an article w/a ton of information. It includes position battles, injury news, possible cuts, rookie news, and some speculation. The article does not contain any information that talks about posters on this board, however.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-p...-to-know-about-position-battles-injuries

V
Legend
Legend
V

The Browns really need help at DT and two of the guys projected to be cut are in the above article are former high draft choices. I believe Ferrell drafted 10th overall and Blacklock was 40th overall. I checked out their PFF grades because our DTs are so bad. These guys are bad, too.

Blacklock:

Pass Rush: 66.4
Run D: 39.0
Overall: 50.4

Ferrell:

Pass Rush: 63.0
Run D: 36.5
Overall: 44.4

Here is the PFF grading scale again:

(PFF grades every player on every play and uses a scale of 0-100, with higher grades indicating better play. PFF has explained its grades this way: 100-90 elite; 89-85 Pro Bowler; 84-70 starter; 69-60 backup; 59-0 replaceable. In other words, it’s similar to how we would match up percentages with traditional letter grades in school.)

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, OL Isaac Weaver, from the Chargers could be worth a look as a center. He has the size.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Panthers are favored by 1.5 points. I’ll be paying attention to that line.

How? Even if you give them the edge at QB, we have clear advantage at just about every other position. Right?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Delete

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 08/23/22 12:19 PM. Reason: Read a tweet incorrectly.

Tackles are tackles.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by oobernoober

How? Even if you give them the edge at QB, we have clear advantage at just about every other position. Right?

Panthers are better at WR

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not expecting that to make much difference vs our DBs.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Automatic 3 pts for it being in their house, right?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: oobernoober, Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think one thing people don't factor in when evaluating the Panthers is if McCaffrey plays or not. For example, they were 4 and 3 w/him and 1 and 9 w/out him last year. That's a dramatic swing. I think the Panthers will be decent if McCaffrey plays all year and I think they will suck if he gets hurt.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Automatic 3 pts for it being in their house, right?

Current total points over/under for each team Week 1:

Panthers: 21.5

Browns: 19.5

Be curious to watch these lines as we get closer to week 1.

P
Legend
Legend
P

You forgot to add Vers to your list. I can't imagine how you overlooked that one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

One thing to keep in mind is that the home field advantage is usually 3 points. And of course I realize nobody wants to hear it but it could easily be that the odds makers are factoring in all of the turmoil that's gone on here during the off season. I would say that based on exactly what you have pointed out, that some odds makers probably find it hard to believe that what's been going on around here hasn't taken away some of the focus needed to be ready for the upcoming season the way a team should be.

It's obvious the Browns are a much more talented team from a roster standpoint. It could also be that they value Baker to be a much better QB than Brissett and that also factors into it.

These first few games are going to set a tone for this season more than they normally do I would say. It's critical that the Browns win these first few games against weaker opponents or this season could all go to hell fast. As we can see there are already some fans tuning up their pitch forks to make Stefanski the fall guy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V

PitDAWG #1964698 08/23/22 04:53 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I did forget about the standard 3 points for Home Field Advantage, so I'll take the L on that one. I thought I had read that Carolina has a pretty weak roster, overall. They have CM at RB, and then.....

Nothing rises to the same level as Browns turmoil, but at the end of the day their starting QB is no more comfortable in their O than ours is. Their starting QB is one that was essentially an available FA up until TC, and they were so juiced to trade for him that they refused to pay something like 2/3 of his salary and offered a nothing pick in the draft after next.

... or maybe they have a much stronger team than I had thought. I dunno.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, their team isn't ranked as being very talented. And you see, I'm not claiming Baker is a great QB. I actually never have. But when you compare a QB who took his team to the playoffs the last season he played healthy to perennial backup I think it gives him a big advantage among odds makers. With the Browns much superior roster something is doing it. I don't think that the difference in how they rate the two QB's is all of it but I think when you look at it, it certainly plays a part in it.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Panthers roster has been rated as a bottom 6-8 team in most of the media rankings - as low as bottom 3 by ESPN Plus. . McCaffery is a genuine stud - but normally can't stay healthy. DJ Moore is probably going to be the best WR Baker has ever had to throw to by quite some margin. Someone mentioned the Panthers went 4-3 with McCaffrey last year as if somehow that meant they are pretty good with him - but a quick shows that 2 of those four wins were over 4 win Jets and 4 win Houston ... so I'd look at that stat with a more critical lens than presented. Bottom line is that the opening game shouldn't be close, Browns defense should eat the Panthers lunch.... while the QB situation for the Browns is't ideal - Chubb, Hunt are still Chubb and Hunt ... and the D is unaffected by the QB situation. I believe the D will keep is in every game this year. Top 5 D last year (I've heard that recently) and only going to get better.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/23/22 05:22 PM.

PitDAWG #1964707 08/23/22 05:35 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

You forgot to add Vers to your list. I can't imagine how you overlooked that one.

An admission of guilt.

cfrs15 #1964708 08/23/22 05:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Another shot in the dark that missed its target.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I do not see how you think they have the advantage at qb. Their starter cannot read defenses, cannot work thru his progressions , is wildly inaccurate, cannot hit the deep pass. And sheesh, in the last two minutes he is incompetent. He is just pretty bad. I know all this because some folks on here told us that last season time after time. So it must be true. This game should be a walkover for the browns.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Camp News

Link Copied to Clipboard