M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Damage control.

Absolutely.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Cynthia Frelund set the NFL world ablaze after recalling an exchange she had with Panthers quarterback Baker Mayfield after Carolina's preseason finale.

The NFL Network analyst shared on the "Around the NFL" podcast that she told Baker she was excited to see him "go kick some [butt]" in the season-opener vs. the Browns.

To which the former No. 1 pick responded with some expletives. Saying, "I’m gonna f--- them up."

Attempting to put out the fire that she inadvertently started, Frelund took to Twitter to try to clear things up.

"Oh boy, this is silly," she said. "Don’t make this more than it is. I was wishing him good luck, colorfully. He agreed with me, colorfully. What do you expect anyone to do in this situation…"

The comment is completely on-brand for the fiery former franchise QB. All eyes will certainly be on Charlotte, Carolina come September 11.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
MG wants to get the sack and look good with his shirt off...be friendly with his opponent and even smack them on the butt when his team gets punked. He's a good guy and wants to be liked an admired. He is a freak of an athlete.

You seem to be indicating that what goes on after the play is over has something to do with how a player plays while the play is in progress. It doesn't. And also that being a good sport, good guy and being in great shape is somehow a negative. It's not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
MG wants to get the sack and look good with his shirt off...be friendly with his opponent and even smack them on the butt when his team gets punked. He's a good guy and wants to be liked an admired. He is a freak of an athlete.

You seem to be indicating that what goes on after the play is over has something to do with how a player plays while the play is in progress. It doesn't. And also that being a good sport, good guy and being in great shape is somehow a negative. It's not.

I'm not indicating anything. He is - and plays - exactly as I described him..and so is/does our defense.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet we were ranked 14th in defense last year.....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

And Myles ranked 3rd in sacks....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats

As well as 6th in QB pressures.

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-s...-aaron-donald-micah-parsons-ranked-but-n

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Able to return to the Browns facility on 11/14.

No massages in the interim, please!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yet we were ranked 14th in defense last year.....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/opp.htm

And Myles ranked 3rd in sacks....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats

As well as 6th in QB pressures.

https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-s...-aaron-donald-micah-parsons-ranked-but-n

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No one said a word about "Beauty"...I love stats...but watching the game is so much better.

I didn't say he isn't quite good...he is exactly as I described him though. Send me a postcard when he takes over in a critical moment and leads a tough, dominant defense. I'll put that postcard with his tombstone Halloween decoration and his grim-reaper cape along with all the photos of him shirtless....next to a framed photo of him fondling LJ's butt after his defense gets beat for a TD.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Cynthia Frelund set the NFL world ablaze

Which is exactly why she crossed the line.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's your opinion. Our eyes obviously see two very different things. Speaking of butt you sound butt hurt. Myles is great and if he continues down his current path he will be a HOF'er. I guess then you can send a postcard to the HOF and tell them that he's soft and why he isn't worthy after he's inducted.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Cynthia Frelund set the NFL world ablaze

Which is exactly why she crossed the line.

They played the clip this afternoon here on Charlotte Radio. She walked into it without meaning to - and it sounds like a storm in a teacup. Truly sounds like good natured sideline/silly trash talk. Nothing serious, no animosity. Certainly the CLT radio hosts here think it's a big to do about absolutely Nada.

** This clip of the audio just posted in the Pre/Game - Post/Game discussion.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/30/22 04:29 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Browns are favored in the opener right now. Baker hitting on all cylinders, as the underdog, facing the team he felt dissed him. Add that to the fact that our opener record since the return is abysmal... Looks like an easy-money bet to me from the Browns Fan POV right now, I can tell you that. I'll be rooting for the Browns, but unlike other posters, I think Baker matured right here and the Panthers are about to reap the benefits from our investment.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Regardless of how Baker said it and how he meant it you can bet we're going to get Bakers A game on opening day. We had better do the same and win because if we don't, whether it's warranted or not, we're going to look like fools for all the obvious reasons; AGAIN!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Browns are favored in the opener right now. Baker hitting on all cylinders, as the underdog, facing the team he felt dissed him. Add that to the fact that our opener record since the return is abysmal... Looks like an easy-money bet to me from the Browns Fan POV right now, I can tell you that. I'll be rooting for the Browns, but unlike other posters, I think Baker matured right here and the Panthers are about to reap the benefits from our investment.

Agree with this - he had a Diva WR running the wrong routes and he threw Baker under the bus, backed up, ran over him again. Baker handled that very well. We'll see what happens in CLT. I expect it to be a tough season on a bad team with a HC who is on the way out ... we'll see if he remains professional through some adversity.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Defense better step up, cause I don't have much faith in Brissett.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Regardless of how Baker said it and how he meant it you can bet we're going to get Bakers A game on opening day. We had better do the same and win because if we don't, whether it's warranted or not, we're going to look like fools for all the obvious reasons; AGAIN!!!

Maybe short term, but in the long run........Carolina will still need to find a franchise qb after this year and the Browns will have a top-tier qb for years to come. I could care less what dummies say. The Browns made the right move.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Vers, I did say on a previous post, sometime back, that when this is over, and we come out the other side we should be in good shape as long as DW reverts to his old form. There's no reason why he shouldn't.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Uh oh the Browns defense better be put on notice
Baker has that "chip on his shoulder " again.
You know that certain cliché that's been attached
To him cause lacks the physical traits to be a elite QB.

Legend
Legend
I was hoping the defense would be highly motivated to win any game, let alone against baker … let alone if he has any bulletin board material.

All that stuff is out the window when the ball kicks off. I hope we’re prepared.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Maybe short term, but in the long run........Carolina will still need to find a franchise qb after this year and the Browns will have a top-tier qb for years to come. I could care less what dummies say. The Browns made the right move.
Vers, I did say on a previous post, sometime back, that when this is over, and we come out the other side we should be in good shape as long as DW reverts to his old form. There's no reason why he shouldn't.

I agree we will have a good QB, being a franchise guy is yet to be seen, but the data allows that assumption. However, this is all predicated on him actually being on the field. I think once we've seen that, and only then, that this becomes a given. And he still has to return to true form. All the sugarcoating and spin in the world won't help DW clear those two obstacles, it's all up to him. We'll see.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/30/22 10:03 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Frankly, I hope we freaking destroy Baker in this game. More so to shut up the trolls on this board than anything else.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg

And the bulletin board material is now official.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

O
Legend
Legend
O
Frankly, I hope we freaking destroy Baker in this game. More so to shut up the trolls on this board than anything else.

By trolls, you must mean everyone who liked Baker? That would be about 90% of Browns fans. Smh, you really do have a need to control the conversation, don't you? I think everyone wants to win the first game, but we're talking about the Baker factor or the BS situation we are in and somehow that makes us trolls... You're being ridiculous. Just stop.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If ‘Baker’ wins or doesn’t win this game it matters not. What matters is the season, and the coming seasons. If Baker has a ‘Brees-esque’ resurgence with Carolina, we lost. If Watson takes us to multiple playoff runs we won.
This game means little in the bigger picture.
That said, I want to win. But I want us to win every game regardless who’s the opposing QB.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Will Fuller and Sheldon Richardson are still available.

It is hard to believe that they could not help the Browns.

Both are proven players who have skills we could use.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I would prefer Suh, but it appears the Browns are not interested.

Legend
Legend
I believe Baker may be carried off. One way or another.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I really agree w/this, especially Fuller. It boggles my mind that we don’t see some of the FA available as upgrades.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

By trolls, you must mean everyone who liked Baker? That would be about 90% of Browns fans. Smh, you really do have a need to control the conversation, don't you? I think everyone wants to win the first game, but we're talking about the Baker factor or the BS situation we are in and somehow that makes us trolls... You're being ridiculous. Just stop.

Funny thing is -- the constant referencing, whining, name-dropping and basic infatuation with mentioning Baker's name; is somehow NOT trolling.

I think it's a man-crush in disguise.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
No-one has introduced BM into more threads since DW arrived than that poster.

I hope the Browns win. I hope they completely dominate the Panthers. I want that because I am a Browns fan. It's not influenced by anything else.

Legend
Legend
I guess they want to use the roster spots for the players they drafted and want to develop.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Kellen Mond was with Klint Kubiak in Minnesota last year. He should have some institutional knowledge.

Legend
Legend
Both are vets who could give quality reps in a rotation.

Sheldon played here so he is familiar and knows the defense.

Behind Byan and Elliott there is only Winfrey and Togiai. That is a bare bench and they will be in rotation.

Honestly I am not good with that. Winfrey and Togiai are not ready to play. Both to me should be on the practice squad.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree. I love the job our FO is doing for the most part, but I think we should have upgraded the DT spot. I also think we should have kept Landry. He isn't making much w/New Orleans.

Legend
Legend
I know there is a emphasis on developing draft picks.

However, I would like two veteran tackle like Sheldon and Suh in rotation with Elliott and Bryan.

Suh and Sheldon are first rounders who could give quality reps in rotation.

I saw very little from Winfrey and Togiai. They are nowhere close to Suh and Sheldon.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes Cont...

Link Copied to Clipboard