Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, but in fairness you're much larger than a football.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That’s a great story lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yes, but in fairness you're much larger than a football.

Hey I didn't mention my ass or belly. LOL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
L
Legend
Legend
L
smile. smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While Schwartz had a 4.27 40 time in shorts it certainly hasn't translated to "taking the top off of a defense" in the NFL. I know that was the goal in drafting him but it hasn't been shown to happen.

It's hard to take the top off when your QB has a bum shoulder.

A lot of the preseason is putting players in uncomfortable situations and seeing how they respond. In the regular season, it's about doing what your players do well. Let's see how he does in real games.

Deep shots and gadget plays are Schwartz comfort zone. Working the sideline on out routes isn't it, yet.
If you are drafting a WR In the 3rd RD or higher, he better know
The whole route tree and then some.
Andrew Berry apparently didn't watch film on Schwartz at Auburn.
Cause if he did , he would have waited till RD 7 to draft him

Anthony Schwartz simply Is not built to play in the NFL
He knows one route which is the most basic and easiest
To defend in football. The go or smoke route.
Schwartz has no idea how to set up DBs in order to
Execute the go route properly.

WR vs CB is a chess game. And Schwartz is playing checkers.
If gadget plays and the occasional deep ball play is all that
Schwart can execute , cut him today
Heck he can't run a simple quick jet sweep. He can't read
Blocks.
I said Schwartz was a draft bust last year.
To top it all,off he wets his pants. Ask him to go over the middle
He chokes.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Preparation, hard work, and determination always pays off. Too many seem to only want the pay off and don't pay attention to the first two..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
j/c...

Preparation, hard work, and determination always pays off.

Always?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
j/c...

Always?

I think so.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c...

Always?

I think so.

🤣

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This is pretty cool. Congrats to the kid.

[social:tweet]https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/status/1564703198715252736/photo/1[/social]

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/30/22 06:09 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V
Any guesses on who we will target and who they will replace?

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think it’s pretty clear we will go after a wide receiver and a tight end.

T
Legend
Legend
T
j/c...

No it doesn't.
Some may want to believe that to excuse or ignore keeping multitudes down and the reasons for it such as
connections, popularity, politics, looking the other way, and, unmet needs =ing no way out. Not to mention abuse, poverty, toxic relationships in their life, ( oh sure they'll parrot many versions of the story, you know, the story, the story of the person who made something out of nothing from a bad start, or something like the Ravens' OT who became a focus of a Hollywood movie with Sandra Bullock, they always want to focus on the one person out of 4000 that got ahead. (but it's selective, it's a one here, one there kind of thing)
They don't want to advertise the others, millions probably, probably hundreds of millions, who have Hard work, Determinaton, Preparation and see it ripped out from under them time after time, after time after time, only until they see.
It's for popular people, and then things like, songs get made like
ten cents a dance, (humpf that was sang probably before even anyone on this board was born, so they were doing the same thing that many years aog.
and then, "Don't you want somebody to love" or "It ain't me" and those songs were around the Vietnam war time so that was again a different time period altogether.
and then songs like, "what it's like" by everlast.
One in 400 people is a slave in 2022, per the internet. (Think some hard work, determination, and preparation would pay off for them?)
and...
( Oh, it wasn't meant to be like that, ) Yeah, You have a point.
Hard work, preparation, determination. something LIke
Abraham Lincoln said, (may have been said to have said)
" If I have Ten hours to chop down a tree, I'm going to spend 9 hours sharpening the Axe")
rofl The Browns' analytics would get I3 axes, and 5 different handles before they start chopping, and then would chop with a saw, and saw with an axe. Oy Vey.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I’m not so sure we go after a wide receiver. Berry seems to like his draft picks and that is all we have in the room outside of Cooper.

I do think we target a TE. Two are not enough.

Last edited by Pdawg; 08/30/22 08:35 PM.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: Milk Man, Bull_Dawg
Legend
Legend
OJ Howard and the Bucs WR Johnson would be good starting points

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
J/C .... we show 5 RB, but Felton will actually be a slot WR as the season goes on. That gives us 6. Who knows if we add another or not. We'll see.

We definitely have someone in mind as 3rd TE. Not sure who .... but I see no way we don't grab a 3rd TE.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't get the love for Felton. He's average IMO. I wish we could find a pure RB in the form of Chubb, and let Chubb bring him along and make him better. And I think it's just nuts to consider letting Hunt leave. Chubb wants him here, he took a team-friendly contact the first time, and HE WANTS TO BE HERE. Why don't we keep our best talent?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: lampdogg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vikings waived DT Armon Watts.
Watts appeared in all 17 games last season, making nine starts and playing 56% of the defensive snaps. But with the new regime in town, the Vikings are cleaning house of all the misfits for the new schemes. Watts should definitely land on his feet elsewhere.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
49ers released EDGE Kemoko Turay.
Turay had a career-high 5.5 sacks with the Colts last year, but the 49ers defensive line room is deep and didn't have much in the way of injuries to open up a spot. Turay should get some looks around the NFL on Wednesday. Only 27, he could still be a rotational defensive lineman somewhere.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Raiders released WR Keelan Cole.
Cole appeared to be battling for the No. 3 receiver job, so it is a bit of a surprise to see him on the cut list. Las Vegas kept Mack Hollins, Tyron Johnson, and DJ Turner behind Davante Adams and Hunter Renfrow. Hollins looks like the favorite for the No. 3 job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Those are a couple players cut that caught my eye.

Here is the link for the 3 posts above:
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/david-njoku-recruiting-odell-beckham/

Browns TE David Njoku Urging Veteran WR to Re-Join Team

avid Njoku is putting on the full-court press to try to get Odell Beckham Jr. back in a Cleveland Browns jersey.

Njoku has documented his recruiting efforts through social media, showing the conversation he’s been having with Beckham, who remains a free agent after winning a Super Bowl with the Rams. Njoku challenged Beckham to a game of online pool, with the stakes being he would “consider” coming back to Cleveland if Njoku won.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
J/C .... we show 5 RB, but Felton will actually be a slot WR as the season goes on. That gives us 6. Who knows if we add another or not. We'll see.

We definitely have someone in mind as 3rd TE. Not sure who .... but I see no way we don't grab a 3rd TE.

I could see interest in Jacob Harris from the Rams. He's a TE/Big WR (6'5" 211lb) who plays special teams. Crazy speed (4.4) for his size, decent blocker, but iffy hands at times.

Unrelated, but I saw that KC got rid of a whole slew of ex Browns
Kansas City Chiefs: Cut five players on Saturday: tackle Roderick Johnson, quarterback Dustin Crum, running back Tayon Fleet-Davis, wide receiver Aaron Parker and linebacker Mike Rose. Cut wide receiver Josh Gordon on August 30. Released defensive tackle Danny Shelton, wide receiver Corey Coleman , wide receiver Daurice Fountain, linebacker Jermaine Carter, linebacker Elijah Lee, center Austin Reiter , and defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth. Waived wide receiver Cornell Powell, safety Zayne Anderson, cornerback Dicaprio Bootle, tight end Mike Bushman, guard Mike Caliendo, linebacker Jack Cochrane, defensive tackle Matt Dickerson, running back Jerrion Ealy, tight end Jordan Franks, tackle Vitaliy Gurman, safety Nazeeh Johnson, defensive end Azur Kamara, safety Devon Key, and defensive end Kehinde Oginni.

Last edited by clwb419; 08/31/22 12:18 AM. Reason: the quote is from Profootballtalk
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg

I’m not so sure we go after a wide receiver. Berry seems to like his draft picks and that is all we have in the room outside of Cooper.

I do think we target a TE. Two are not enough.

Agreed. With Brissett running the offense for ~65% of the season, I expect the Browns to sign another TE and run a lot of 12 personnel. Do not see Berry giving up assets for a WR that will never see the field barring injury.

T
Legend
Legend
T
IIRC your first player on that list OT Roderick Johnson was also a former Brown at least in the offseason so could have been in bold.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
We need two more TEs, that’s a given.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I don't get the love for Felton. He's average IMO. I wish we could find a pure RB in the form of Chubb, and let Chubb bring him along and make him better. And I think it's just nuts to consider letting Hunt leave. Chubb wants him here, he took a team-friendly contact the first time, and HE WANTS TO BE HERE. Why don't we keep our best talent?

I agree on Felton.

As for Hunt, I think we will extend him if we trade DJ. If we trade Hunt, we will extend DJ. We will keep one of them depending on which one draws a trade interest.

It makes no sense to keep as many good backs as we have. It would be far wiser to flip one for a WR or DT who has more of a chance to impact our ability to win games.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

avid Njoku is putting on the full-court press to try to get Odell Beckham Jr. back in a Cleveland Browns jersey.

Njoku has documented his recruiting efforts through social media, showing the conversation he’s been having with Beckham, who remains a free agent after winning a Super Bowl with the Rams. Njoku challenged Beckham to a game of online pool, with the stakes being he would “consider” coming back to Cleveland if Njoku won.

I am holding out hope that we get OBJ back. He should be available to play about the same time Watson is allowed to play again. Watson w/Cooper, OBJ, and Njoku w/our running game and OL would be freaking unstoppable.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Say no to OJ Howard. Slow and ineffective.

V
Legend
Legend
V
MyCole Pruitt , a TE, is a name to watch. Atlanta cut him. He was decent in Tennessee. His PFF numbers last year were 74.3 receiving and 71.5 overall. Those are pretty good grades. They also cut Anthony Firkser who is a good receiving TE, but I think he got hurt in that last preseason game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

I am holding out hope that we get OBJ back. He should be available to play about the same time Watson is allowed to play again. Watson w/Cooper, OBJ, and Njoku w/our running game and OL would be freaking unstoppable.

But he doesn't know which routes to run apparently.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Never went to a practice.

Didn't pay a whole of attention to the pre-season games.

Read what there was to read by those who cover the team. With that stated the reports are the rookies that were drafted this year played well.

Martin Emerson. I liked what I saw in the pre-season games. Aggressive player who likes competition. Good use of hands. Tackles well. Seems like the staff likes what he showed.

Alex Wright. Shows promise as a developing DE. Good size. He did not get beat down. He competed well. I did not see him get destroyed by anyone.

David Bell. Very impressive player so far. Gets open. Catches the ball. That is what a receiver should do.

Jerome Ford. He has made the most of his oportunities. Runs hard. Has vision. Shows burst. Looks like a solid back.

Mike Woods. Missed some time with injury. But according to what I read. He played well.

Isaiah Thomas. I really don't know much about him.

Dawson Deaton. Got hurt.

Cade York. So far so good. Big leg. He has made it look easy. Hope he can do it under the lights when it counts.

Perrion Winfrey. So far IMO from what I have seen. He is a project. He plays high. Slow get off. Lacks technique. Gets pushed around. He has skill but he is raw. The coaches have to work this guy. He needs to get stronger and learn how to anchor his body. He will have a good play. Then he will get manhandled.

Overall I think it was a good draft. Emerson, Bell, Ford, and York have stood out. Wright looks promising.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I am holding out hope that we get OBJ back.

rolleyes Didn't he take a big enough crap on us last time? Or drop enough passes? I can't imagine why anyone would invite that cancer BACK into their locker room.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Tackman
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I am a little confused. Does this mean that the names of those claimed off of waivers won't be announced until after 12 PM?

Legend
Legend
Cole from the Raiders has had some success in the NFL … wonder if his being cut is attributed to lack of ST play there

C
Legend
Legend
C
Neither Johnson nor Hunt will be on the team next year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Neither Johnson nor Hunt will be on the team next year.

Agreed. And Chubb might not be here after the 2023 season unless they agree on a restructured deal.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Predicting the 53

Link Copied to Clipboard