Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Frankly, I hope we freaking destroy Baker in this game. More so to shut up the trolls on this board than anything else.

And there it is. Anyone who disagrees with the Mighty Vers gets labeled a troll. You should run for political office.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
If ‘Baker’ wins or doesn’t win this game it matters not. What matters is the season, and the coming seasons. If Baker has a ‘Brees-esque’ resurgence with Carolina, we lost. If Watson takes us to multiple playoff runs we won.
This game means little in the bigger picture.
That said, I want to win. But I want us to win every game regardless who’s the opposing QB.

And to me that explains the same way I'm thinking. You don't have to hate Baker to want the Browns to win. And a football team is a team, not a player. Not even the QB. I have no idea what Baker's future holds. And neither do those who pretend they do. We've all seen good Baker and bad Baker on the field. Can he put good Baker together consistently moving forward? Nobody knows the answer to that question.

Why people can't seem to stop focusing on their hate for Baker is amazing to me. The Browns didn't want him so both he and the Browns parted ways. It's not like he signed a long term contract four months ago and then refused to play the entire season while demanding a trade. But I digress.

And NFL season consists of 17 games. I have no idea if Baker will begin to play with good Baker consistency. I have no idea if after almost two full years off the field whether watson will return to form. The question of "who won and who lost" is a question that can't and won't actually be answered for quite some time. At the very least until after we've seen watson play a full season. And then, if what happened in Houston is any indication moving forward, we'll have to see how things go after the honeymoon is over if things don't go well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
DAVE MOORE
GRAMBLING STATE
G
Prospect Info
COLLEGE
Grambling State
HOMETOWN
CLASS
Little Rock, AR
Senior
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
6' 2"
350 lbs
34 1/8"
HANDS
9 5/8"
Prospect Grade
Traits Or Talent To Be Above-Average Backup

View All Prospects

Player Bio
Moore played just two years of football at McClellan High School in Little Rock but became an all-state pick as a senior. He played in nine games as a reserve his freshman season with the Tigers, then earned starts at right guard among 10 appearances in 2018. He started 10 games at left guard as a junior, garnering attention from NFL scouts for his play. He decided to move on to the next level after Grambling's 2020 season was postponed until the spring and accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. -- by Chad Reuter

Analysis
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5
NFL Comparison
Nate Davis
Overview
Well-built guard prospect with outstanding upper-body power and a nasty streak as a block finisher. He's still a little raw from a technical standpoint and needs to play with better patience and control, but Moore has an intriguing combination of strength and quickness that should be intriguing to teams. Becoming more consistent with his footwork, leverage and hand placement will be key for him to go from prospect to starter in the future. Playing a lower level of competition and the lack of a 2020 fall season could make for an extended runway of development, but the physical gifts and toughness are compelling.
Strengths
Dense frame is thickly muscled from head to toe.
Broad through chest with well-built thighs and calves like small pumpkins.
Wingspan is longer than height would dictate.
Light on his feet and nimble out of stance and into pulls.
Able to unlock and unload hips into run blocks.
Able to dislodge the nose when he's focused on his down blocks.
Explosive upper-body power.
Carries some thunder in his punch.
Aggressive demeanor shows up on tape.
Foot quickness for important recovery steps in pass pro.
Has taken snaps at center during practices.
Traits to make noticeable jump once he tightens up his technique.
Weaknesses
Needs to come off the ball with better pad level to maintain natural leverage.
Inefficient movement into block fits.
Will need to upgrade hand placement.
Strikes land high/wide, diminishing ability to sustain blocks.
Movements tend to be more segmented than fluid.
Feet are more noisy than calm in his pass sets.
Wide base in pass sets and tends to lean into his punch.
Slow to reset hands and win back control in hand-to-hand battles.
Some inconsistency recognizing pressure schemes.
Played against lower level of competition.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Well at least they are looking according to this article.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ndamukong_suh_interest/s1_16748_37830216

They have to to do something at DT

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Frankly, I hope we freaking destroy Baker in this game. More so to shut up the trolls on this board than anything else.

And there it is. Anyone who disagrees with the Mighty Vers gets labeled a troll. You should run for political office.

I want the Browns to win, cause they're my team.

But, some anonymous poster is already making excuses IN CASE, the panthers win. No way they can win, according to that poster. Brisset won't take sacks, and won't have turnovers. Time will tell.

And trust me, if Brisset sucks it up, there will be more excuses. Of course, none of them will be injury.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think your anonymous poster is also a figment of your imagination. I haven't heard anyone say that the Browns couldn't lose.

Gotta love it when people make things up so they can have something to argue about. rolleyes

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
A
Legend
Legend
A
I have a feeling you read my post with a bias in mind.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fortunately, I spend no time worrying about your feelings or suspected biases.

As far as Browns news, Stefanski mentioned in his presser that Moore's performance at DT on scout team last season contributed to the position switch.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Brisset won't take sacks, and won't have turnovers. Time will tell.

I know that is what is claimed by many...that Brissett won't take sacks...but he did start 5 games in 2021 and was sacked 19 times...hmm.

Hopefully the Browns OLine will be on their 'A' game and keep Brissett upright and clean... thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm glad you spend no time worrying about my feelings or suspected biases.

But, when you say that, you forget about the bias of that anonymous poster.

And just for pit, since he likes to log my posting history about my family. Sooga had a 3.8 gpa.

C
Legend
Legend
C
So weird.

2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't log it or even care about it. But of course you don't seem to comprehend context. You asserted that if I had made any contributions or donated time to a certain cause I would have posted it. Since it seems I have to spell it out for you, my point was you share a lot more of your personal information like your Church work, family life, charities you help your church with and so on. I on the other hand not so much. There's nothing wrong with you doing it. A lot of posters share lots of personal information. That's their choice. But claiming you "know me well enough that I would have posted it" is wrong and a lie. I rarely ever post anything about such personal things. That's why I said, "maybe you but not me".

Hopefully the meaning sinks in this time since I had to spell it out for you.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, they guy that sits on here 15 hours out of the day, DOES log everything.

Legend
Legend
This young lady has been to every practice and has some interesting notes.

1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quincy Carrier is the best. Also, Camryn Justice is a really good Browns reporter.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by mac

I know that is what is claimed by many...that Brissett won't take sacks...but he did start 5 games in 2021 and was sacked 19 times...hmm.

Hopefully the Browns OLine will be on their 'A' game and keep Brissett upright and clean... thumbsup

mac, no one said that. Certainly, there were not many who said that. I know I have addressed the topic. I said that I think JB will take fewer needless sacks and throw probably not throw as many pics. There is a small group of posters who deliberately misquote people. It is what it is.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
This young lady has been to every practice and has some interesting notes.

Cliff notes:

Brissett and Cooper seem to have a strong connection. Brissett and DPJ seem to be headed in the right direction. Connections with TEs look pretty solid, Felton has looked decent as a plug and play option... Camp has looked much better than preseason ball would indicate.

JOK and Emerson have looked explosive and very "aware"... making good decisions.

Delpit has looked really good and been a bit of a ball-hawk. Needs to stay healthy.

D'Anthony Bell looks more impressive by the day. Has definitely earned his spot. May have found a home with some snaps as a slot defender, his skillset matches.

Backend is improved enough to give Garrett those extra split-seconds to set him up for a career year.

Garrett has been more "hands-on" in his leadership role.

Sure, Baker comment gives the defense motivation, but the sentiment seems to be "what else would he say?".

Under the radar gems on offense: "Michael Woods is one of those guys, standout guy that could make an impact in WR room... He's got the size, he's got the skillset, he's got the hands and has been getting good separation".

All in all, beyond Cooper and DPJ, WRs are a bunch of JAGS. There is versatility, speed and size; but nothing that really stands out. She wouldn't be surprised to see someone else brought in... Maybe not an elite talent, but someone who is proven. Someone who's "been there done that" and you can rely on.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by mac

mac, no one said that. Certainly, there were not many who said that. I know I have addressed the topic. I said that I think JB will take fewer needless sacks and throw probably not throw as many pics. There is a small group of posters who deliberately misquote people. It is what it is.
You are already quoted as saying Brisset won't take sacks, and won't throw interceptions.

You've also allowed yourself an escape IF he sucks. Can't have it both ways. Hoping Brisset does well.

V
Legend
Legend
V
FWIW: I believe Baker.

Baker Mayfield: I never said I’m going to f—k Browns up
Posted by Josh Alper on August 31, 2022, 4:34 PM EDT

NFL: AUG 26 Preseason - Bills at Panthers
Getty Images
Panthers quarterback Baker Mayfield will be facing his former team in Week 1 and he’s admitted that the game means something extra because of how his time with the Browns came to an end.

Mayfield denies that extra emotion led him to tell Cynthia Frelund of NFL Media that he is going to “[censored] them up” in the season opener. Frelund relayed the quote during a recent podcast appearance and it drew enough attention on Tuesday that Mayfield was asked about it on Wednesday.

Mayfield said he always wants to win, but that he never said what Frelund quoted him as saying.

“First, I didn’t say it,” Mayfield said, via Joe Person of TheAthletic.com. “Obviously everybody’s going to write whatever story they want, there’s history that I played there the last four years. I’m an extremely competitive person. Everybody knows that. If I wasn’t wanting to win then there would be a really big issue with me being the quarterback here. I want to win in everything I do. That’ll never change. That is not how I phrased it. It’s not even what I said.”

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett said “we’ll take it and we’ll use it” in reference to Mayfield’s purported quote about the matchup, but one imagines there wasn’t much need for extra motivation to kick off the season with a strong performance against the former Brown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-i-never-said-im-going-to-f-k-browns-up/

V
Legend
Legend
V
This isn't the entire article, but here is some news that I don't think was posted yet. You can click on the link to read the the other parts.

The biggest news of the day was that RT Jack Conklin returned to practice with the team. While he was activated from the PUP list weeks ago, Conklin’s participation in team activities has been minimal.

It is still possible that he is not available for games early this season but today was a good step in the right direction. The odds of Conklin starting in Week 1 are much higher with this news.

Winovich Returns As Well

A player who could have had his roster spot in danger after missing time due to injury, DE Chase Winovich returned to the field today as well. Winovich fills the speedy pass rusher role held by Takk McKinley last season and should slot in behind Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney.

Rookies Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas provide solid, young depth behind those three veterans.

Three Key Contributors Sit Due to Injury Concerns

According to Fred Greetham of The OBR, OL Wyatt Teller (knee), CB A.J. Green (hip) and S Ronnie Harrison (hamstring) all sat out practice with injury concerns.

With a week and a half until Week 1’s matchup with Carolina, the team will likely be cautious with injuries.

Two Sit for Rest Purposes

Also sitting out, according to Greetham, were DE Jadeveon Clowney and OL Chris Hubbard but both were noted for rest purposes.

Clowney and Hubbard have struggled with injuries throughout their careers so rest days make sense for the veterans.

https://sports.yahoo.com/wednesday-browns-updates-rochell-cut-213101464.html

V
Legend
Legend
V
It seems like Clowney get a ton of rest days.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I agree. I love the job our FO is doing for the most part, .
How about what the team is doing on the field, the performance of the team on the field.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c...

Schwartz might be my new Hollywood Higgins "soft spot for a player."

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Bernie has a new podcast...

3 members like this: PitDAWG, jfanent, GMdawg
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I can't believe Cooper said that about certain teammmates.

4 members like this: FATE, Tackman, PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Quincy Carrier is the best. Also, Camryn Justice is a really good Browns reporter.

Quincy spends to much time wiping his nose with the back of his wrist and yawns a lot.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Moore sounds like the perfect anchor on a D line. Making the switch from O-line to D isn't all that hard. The "playbook" for a DT isn't anywhere near as much of a challenge as it is for a O lineman. I am not saying it won't take adjustment and some time, but I like the idea we are giving it a shot. To me that is what the practice squad is for...at least a slot or two. Take a shot on developing a player for a position change.

It's a passing league, but we get gashed up the middle a lot. I am just old fashioned I guess, but to me a team needs that 1 "big" on the DL who commands 2 blockers on the inside run, and even then doesn't move all that much.

If a Dline can dictate which way a team has to run between the tackles, it makes defending the run a whole lot simpler. With his size and the speed of a guard, he should be able to get some push up the middle with a bull rush. Sure, everybody wants a Aaron Donald type player but when you get down to it guys like that don't come around all that often.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
j/c...

Me neither... because, you know, that's him saying his teammates "don't want to win".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
So, they guy that sits on here 15 hours out of the day, DOES log everything.

Yet another lie. I'm on here generally about mid morning to sometime early in the afternoon. But there's these things called tabs on your browser. You can switch back and forth between sites reading news and posting other places at the same time. Us common folk use those. If your math skills are so poor you can't tell the difference between 4 and 15 that's a you problem. But ignore what I posted because it's accurate and keep making it personal. That's all you ever do when confronted with the facts. You don't have to log anything if your memory isn't shot to hell. You post a lot about your current life. I don't. Now come back and lie in another personal attack. That's pretty much all you got.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

Me neither... because, you know, that's him saying his teammates "don't want to win".

Wow, the last guy that said that was ragged on unmercifully as anti-team as he was run out of town by the haters. I guess we have a two-tier system on this forum just like in politics. Some players are allowed to express facts while others are not - shameful.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255
j/c...

Wow, the last guy that said that was ragged on unmercifully as anti-team as he was run out of town by the haters. I guess we have a two-tier system on this forum just like in politics. Some players are allowed to express facts while others are not - shameful.

I think cooper was saying that in general not about his teammates

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: lampdogg
V
Legend
Legend
V
We have a ton of football topics going on and the BM Club chooses to talk about other posters.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just put them on ignore. That seems to be your go to.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c...

So, what you're selling is that of all the teams in the NFL, this generality doesn't apply to any of the Cleveland Browns? That the 53 players rostered, past and present, are all of the highest point of dedication (even the ones who don't know the playbook after more than a year) and none of them fall within the parameters of the general comment (without naming any names that both players commented on) about their peers?

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it was confined to only players on the other 31 NFL rosters. It's not about what was said. It's about who is saying it which will be reflected by the comments or lack of comments to what he said. We know the reactions will always differ depending on who says things.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If the Browns lose to Baker and Carolina, no one should be shocked. Look at their history in opening games since they returned. I will have a good laugh at their expense since I do think they did Baker wrong. Anyone with half a brain could see that he should NOT have been on the field last season. Further, I could care less what the player said. The HEAD COACH (the leader of the TEAM) should have looked out for the best interests of the TEAM and fielded the best player for the TEAM. Baker was NOT that guy. How Dumbfanski failed to realize this is beyond me and I hold him solely responsible. Between his questionable personnel and play calling decisions he has A LOT to prove to me if he intends to stick around. This season is basically a wasted season for a team that has some pretty good talent but will be lacking at QB. I hope Watson gets up to speed with his limited time in 2022 and the Browns are ready to go in 2023. Watson MUST deliver a Super Bowl to Cleveland or his acquisition will go down as one of THE dumbest moves ever in Cleveland sports history. And we all know there have been some REALLY dumb moves. Only in Cleveland. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
1 member likes this: Tackman
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c...

Or, maybe he was referring to players on the cowboys

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
1 member likes this: jfanent
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Jester
Or, maybe he was referring to players on the cowboys
Could be - but it doesn't matter. A different player who was at that time on the Browns roster, said essentially the exact same thing, except with the addition of saying he didn't know how to motivate players who were thinking like that. That interview and those sentiments were used by one particular poster to absolutely crucify BM. But now, different player, same sentiments and it's no big deal.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter one bit. BM isn't on the team. No-one is hating on Cooper and rightly so. The only reason a couple of posters have commented on this is because of complete and total hypocrisy that we see week in and week out from the Baker Hater who still can't stop himself from being the main instigator of posts about BM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes Cont...

Link Copied to Clipboard