Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Haha! I dont think we dare put Schwartz back to return punts. I think we’ll put Felton or DPJ back there … ugh

I sure hope not DPJ. I know he did PRs for us last year, but our #2 WR doesn't need to be back there this season with an already thin WR corp.

Ford and/or Felton for return duties this year I guess, at least for awhile?

It's too bad the receiver depth is as poor as it is, because we probably thought Grant could handle PRs and be a #5 or #6 receiver or something. Once he got hurt, we brought in Easop Winston who had little or no real NFL WR credentials but was supposed to be strictly a return guy. But he really had no chance to make the team because there was no way he was going to break into the WR depth chart - a wasted roster spot for a one-dimensional player. I'm not sure if he even played in preseason.

My feeling is that our PR game will be below average at best again this season. Hope I'm wrong. KRs really don't matter anymore.

Let's see what Ford's got to offer.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think you'll find a team in the NFL who is strong at every position or facet of the game. The Browns do have a few weakness in some units but overall a very strong roster and team.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think our return game was probably last or near last in 2021. It’ll probably be the same this year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P

Last edited by PitDAWG; 09/01/22 02:32 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't think you'll find a team in the NFL who is strong at every position or facet of the game. The Browns do have a few weakness in some units but overall a very strong roster and team.

I think most would agree. The issue I have is that you have to score points in the NFL and to score anywhere-near quickly and efficiently you have to have a passing attack. Our WR room hasn't been top-tier since...who knows when?

The Bengals (formerly Bungles) passed on the best LT in the draft last year with supposedly a terrible OLine...they picked Chase...and went to the Super Bowl.

So while I agree that you can't be strong at every position...you can't be incredibly weak at WR and/or QB. For the first 11 games of 2022, we will have managed both.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really disagree with you. I was simply looking at it as it pertained to the talent of the roster overall.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Predicting the 53

Link Copied to Clipboard