Legend
A
Quit being an ass.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Jester
Or, maybe he was referring to players on the cowboys
Could be - but it doesn't matter. A different player who was at that time on the Browns roster, said essentially the exact same thing, except with the addition of saying he didn't know how to motivate players who were thinking like that. That interview and those sentiments were used by one particular poster to absolutely crucify BM. But now, different player, same sentiments and it's no big deal.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter one bit. BM isn't on the team. No-one is hating on Cooper and rightly so. The only reason a couple of posters have commented on this is because of complete and total hypocrisy that we see week in and week out from the Baker Hater who still can't stop himself from being the main instigator of posts about BM.

It's not necessarily hypocrisy. The only players Baker referred to were Cleveland Browns, because he was talking about players he's played with directly. Cooper, who's on his 3rd team, was referring to players in general. It wasn't "essentially the exact same thing".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Quit being an ass.

I'm offended

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sure - if you want to find the finest, thinnest hair on the planet and split it, maybe you could make that argument. I think it's a really weak argument, but we can debate the definition of "is" and split hairs. Or we can be honest and say that by and large the sentiments expressed were identical. There are players in the NFL that are out to make a paycheck and don't care too much about anything else... When BM made the comment as part of a very long podcast, he was vilified for it. No-one said "well maybe he was talking about ex-Browns players that aren't on the team".

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Quit being an ass.

I'm offended

You should be.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
j/c...

NEWS FLASH:

There are players on every roster playing for a check. Baker didn't say anything everyone didn't already know... nor did Coop. Both are non-stories, but when Baker said it there was outrage...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: bonefish, mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Not sure if this was reported, but it is really good news and it is about the topic of the thread.

Legend
Legend
Sure - if you want to find the finest, thinnest hair on the planet and split it, maybe you could make that argument. I think it's a really weak argument, but we can debate the definition of "is" and split hairs. Or we can be honest and say that by and large the sentiments expressed were identical. There are players in the NFL that are out to make a paycheck and don't care too much about anything else... When BM made the comment as part of a very long podcast, he was vilified for it. No-one said "well maybe he was talking about ex-Browns players that aren't on the team".

Finest, thinnest hair my arse. Baker was calling out Browns team mates, Cooper was talking about those types of players in general. Pretending there isn't a difference to make an argument is what's weak.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
He is doing what he always does. Starting trouble and feeding his obsession w/me. It's weird as can be.

L
Legend
Legend
L
[/quote]

Finest, thinnest hair my arse.[/quote]

This sentence struck me as funny. smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
2 members like this: FATE, jfanent
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Legend
Legend
J/C

Jesse James gives us an idea at the type of TE we need. A blocking one. We have two good WR/TE types (and even Njoku improved his blocking a ton last year)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jfanent

Finest, thinnest hair my arse. Baker was calling out Browns team mates, Cooper was talking about those types of players in general. Pretending there isn't a difference to make an argument is what's weak.

Don't forget that only happened after OBJ came out of nowhere and had his daddy throw baker under the bus. And Baker was right, OBJ was mailing in the whole time he was here. OBJ is a fraud.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/01/22 10:38 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Hmmm, how do you know? How do you know that Cooper wasn't referring to other players on the Browns right now that are not putting out the same effort as Schwartz? Did Cooper say in his statement that his comments were directed at other teams? Hell no, he didn't. That's just an assumption on your part because you have a 2-tier system of looking at players. Now you can pretend that Cooper wasn't inclusive in his comment about the players or not, but the fact still remains that we have people on this forum that chastised a player for saying the EXACT same phrase in the same context and those same people ignoring that fact are hypocritical at its highest level and shameful at best.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
R
Legend
Legend
R

Exactly. Baker made his comments after coming off four up and down seasons where he said a lot of dumb things in public settings, had multiple beefs with reporters/talking heads, did not get supported by his teammates during the falling out with OBJ, and while he and his wife were spending way too much time on social media...often airing their grievances about how badly Baker was treated. In other words, they always have something to say. Pretty soon that always having something to say just keeps piling up on top of each other, and people start to develop an opinion about the person.

Cooper, by all accounts, has done none of that and is somewhat soft spoken and mild mannered. He tried as delicately as possible to get his point across without being brash and offensive. If Baker had spent a minute of his professional career trying to be more thoughtful and less brash and offensive, no one would have cared about what he said.

Other than that, it's splitting hairs. LOL

I can't believe some of the arguments on here by the Baker fans. They are truly the definition of non-sensical.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't know about all that, but what I DO know is when someone "joe blow cares" what it means is "he's my team mate, and he hasn't shown jack yet."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Don't forget that only happened after OBJ came out of nowhere and had his daddy throw baker under the bus. And Baker was right, OBJ was mailing in the whole time he was here. OBJ is a fraud.

The real irony of the situation is that last year we had a player make that comment that was ridiculed by the forum fan base unmercifully and now 10 months later, we have another player that wasn't even associated with the team 10 months ago making the exact same comment. Maybe the problem is within the walls of Berea and not the individuals calling it out. Maybe, just maybe, we have witnessed two individuals with the fortitude to step forward and expose the cancer within the walls that the FO and coach pretend they don't see. It's clear that those individuals that were so outraged 10 months ago on this forum are perfectly ok with another player calling out the same issue as their silence so clearly exhibits.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes Cont...

Link Copied to Clipboard