Legend
Legend
V
It never ends...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
If that is your true belief why bother?

No offense really. But if you dislike everything about the team and feel they will suck. Why trouble yourself?

Lots of things out there to spend time on. If the hot iron burns don't touch it.

Define "bother" or "trouble" myself. If by that you mean religiously watch every game, hang on every off-season move, immerse myself in the draft and attend as many games in person as possible (all things I used to do) - then nah, I don't bother or trouble myself anymore. I still casually watch on Sundays because they'll always be my hometown team and I sign into the forum to eat my popcorn and watch the drama/trainwreck unfold. Some day I hope they luck/stumble into actually winning like a blind squirrel, but I also live in reality where literal DECADES of data says it isn't happening.

To me the Browns are like trashy reality TV. You make fun of it, and most of the time it's awful, but you still watch because it can be entertaining.

Be honest, there's nothing left to do BUT point and laugh at this dumpster fire of a franchise. The alternative is so disheartening as to verge on being unhealthy.

Oh - and to make my post fit in with the rest of the board - Baker Mayfield sucks (and I'm glad he's gone) AND Dashaun Watson is a sex-crazed perv and I wish he weren't part of the team. Now I'm official.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I am 100% wearing rose-colored glasses. I'll fess up to that. :-p

I never actually saw him play, so all I can do is look at his stat line. His int totals for each season are low and consistent. That tells me he doesn't carelessly throw the football. His sack totals were outta control, and then much better.

He's not going to cause a QB controversy, that's for sure. I think as long as we don't need him to do too much, he'll be fine.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I guess you bath in the whole factory of sadness thing.

Each to their own. Personally I can not look at any sports in that manner.

I focus on what can I cheer for.

I don't think they suck. And I think trading for DW was a the right move given all factors.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Who really knows!!!!!!
This team can go anywhere from 4-13 to 11-5 and possibly outside of either parameter.

I understand everyone's perspective as mine seems to change daily. There are so many questions and the only answer is WIN.
Win & all will be well. Lose and the complaining becomes justified.

As the season gets closer, I do find myself getting a bit more optimistic.

We will need great seasons from our OL, RB's and the entire D. Turnovers as always will be huge on both sides of the ball.

KS needs to be better overall and more consistent in the 4th quarters of games.

Calling for 9-8 probably just miss out on playoffs.
The QB situation is unfortunate as this team could be top tier with a proven presence at that position.

Go Browns!!!!!!!

Last edited by DawgPound75; 09/07/22 08:43 AM.
Legend
Legend
The great equalizer is injuries.

Last year injuries killed the Ravens. No help to us either. Maybe an entirely different year with Baker healthy.

Injuries are part of the NFL. It takes 53 players. Depth is critical. You lose key players for extended time. You are hurting.

All the predictions are based upon starters not backups. When in reality many backups end up starting.

The whole deal surrounding favorites. I don't pay much attention to. Games are very close. A play here or there. A kick made or not.

Every year some players improve and others decline. FA and the draft and new blood.

Everybody is a fortune teller when in fact crystal balls are fake glass.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
The worst thing Jimmy Haslam can do is blow this up if we only win 6-7 games. We have talent, a good coach and a good GM in AB. Stay the course we have set. We'll have our QB back full-time next season. In the meantime, you do the best you can with what you have this year. JMO
Well Jimmah isn't the brightest light bulb in the box and does believe he knows something about NFL football. So of course it gets blown up. You know, because he's a GENIUS. LOL

On the win/loss issue, I can easily see the Browns winning 7-8 games and finishing in the basement of the division. Just have to hope that the major pieces don't get hurt and Watson sharpens up with his 6 games as the team prepares to make a run in 2023.

Last edited by The Beast; 09/07/22 10:38 AM.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DawgPound75
Who really knows!!!!!!
This team can go anywhere from 4-13 to 11-5 and possibly outside of either parameter.

Nobody knows. That's what makes this a fun exercise we have indulged in ever since 1999.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
in fact crystal balls are fake glass.

And potentially a very serious health issue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
Ah ha and that would be true

2nd String
2nd String
jc

I don't see us winning more that 7-8 games. The D is the strength and I don't have the faith in our Offense on the field and on the sidelines having the ability to pull off the wins. I also see several key players not being here next season and us going back to the Factory of Sadness. JMHO

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
1 member likes this: Tackman
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Put Dobbs in!!!!!!!

1 member likes this: GraffZ06
L
Legend
Legend
L
Hopefully our players have more faith and fight than some of us here. I’d hate to go to war with some of you people. You’d be waving the white flag of surrender when the first shot is fired smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
4-13 or 5-12 I have no confidence we beat the good teams, Maybe not all of the bad teams.... ALL of our QB's stink DT is an issue, WR stink, playcalling sucks, and some think we in the playoffs?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Legend
Legend
T
Who goes to war dismantling their weapons as they march toward the fight? (The Browns)
If this team wins 7 games, it will be impressive.

More likely they may go 3-8 in the first eleven
and I-5 in the last 6.
It could easily be 0-6 in the last 6, especially if the NFL extends the suspension.

The first eleven? I don't know how they get to 5-6 if they lose the opener.
They are likely to lose the opener.
If that puts them at 4-7, then 3-8 is just one slip up away.

Even if 4-7 they wouldn't have a 'real' shot at a playoff berth, "this" year. Even if Watson, plays, excels, and excites.
So,
If they are 3-8(ish) when Watson becomes eligible, how much ummpfh is going to be exerted in a known failed cause?
Therefore,
If Watson gets hurt in his first game back, or any number of other scenarios' the Browns team could likely mail it in on a lot of the end of the year, and then I-5 or 0-6 in the final 6 becomes not far fetched.

4-I3, or 3-I4 with a whole lot of talk about how next year with a 'full year of Watson" things will be different.

Next Year, things will be different, we've been hearing that for about a half a century now.
Meanwhile

Many teams keep their team together, and are not in a constant state of re-build.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Here's the thing.even if the Browns luckily back into
The playoffs, they will be one and done
In a wild card showdown. This is not a Super Bowl caliber roster.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I really believe we may only have 3 or 4 wins after our first 11 games. I've had 55 years of experience with this team. Until they can prove otherwise it's hard to change my attitude. The track record is long. Just being a realist. For the record, I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 09/07/22 10:59 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wild assumptions can go both ways, though. Maybe Dobbs gets behind center and plays at a top ten level? The odds are against it, but it could happen in the NFL.

I agree with many points you made being highly relevant. But you also made many assumptions, with most being outcome critical. I think the odds are we'll have a craptastic season, but even I can't say they have no chance because they do, and I think they'll need more help than they can muster in most games.

None of us know anything until the games begin, even last year's best finishers. This is why we play the games.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/08/22 02:54 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I view us in the 8-10 wins realm. In years past when we’ve sucked, we never had the talent as we do now. Heck, there are very few teams that can say they have the top 1 or two DEs in the game, a very good/solid DE on the other side, someone like JOK at backer, and a top CB in Ward. Lots of potential with other D positions. We have a top 3 RB with excellent backups. A great line, with some talent at TE and Cooper.

We had a decent season last year (and almost playoffs) with a ton of injuries to key areas.

This next part I hope I am clear with my explanation.

A top QB will win you games (obvious i know). Now let’s take the QB out of this statement, talent at key areas will also win you games. Now, it won’t be the same winning chance percentage as having Rogers, Brady etc on your team. Our team showed that last year. So on roster talent alone possible winning chance will be pretty solid. As long as Brissett manages a game average to above we will be in games. Two things will affect this
outside of coaching and a few other reasons: injuries can kill ANY team’s season and how the ball bounces. What I mean by how the ball bounces, you hear the stat every year with some random team….team ___ lost 4 games by a combined total of 6 points. One play here or there and the game would’ve been a win. Need an example if that isn’t clear? Raiders game a few years ago and the bad ball spotting we got.

So I see a ton of positives with this team (and for the next few seasons).

Now I contradict myself, lol. While I am expecting this to happen, I am a game to game person. I won’t get overly excited or upset through the season. Really, this is because of the position at my job, but speaking specifically for our Browns, I’m numb (ugh) to the losing for the past 20+ years. I also have watched football long enough to know you can go 5-0 to start a season and not make the playoffs. Same can be said going 0-5 and making it. The beauty is you can win any game, the terrible part is you can also lose any game, lol. The way to raise your odds is a talented deep roster and/or a top QB.

At this point in time, well at least we have a talented roster. Hopefully they will gel quickly and play as a team playing for each other instead of for themselves. That’s our key for about 3/4ths of this season.

Enjoy the season all! I’m looking forward to it!

*Remember, we all are rooting for the same team no matter each other’s views..we all have at least ONE memory that we all share together no matter each other’s ages or generation. It could be, a Kardiac Kids moment, or a Bernie moment, or Metcalf returning a punt against Pitt, or hell….couch throwing the Hail Mary TD to win the game. Heck maybe it’s even one of the tailgate parties I have heard throughout the years that Saint puts together. One way or another we all have a connection. Let’s try to gel as a board too (yes, I am aware that’s cheesy but am I wrong?)

Go Browns!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Late to the party:

3-14

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Browns 2022 Win Loss Record Prediction Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard