Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
bonefish #1974450 09/29/22 11:05 AM
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to you I'm "stuck on" it and the "Definition of the word" means nothing to me.

According to me I'm using my eyes to see that the gun loving,2A, far right extremists apparently showed up, planned an insurrection in advance but didn't show up in full force with guns. But using the definition of the word "Violent" could be a officers being injured. The historical context of insurrection apparently means nothing when it doesn't fit your narrative.

People die, government officials are murdered, countries go to war during insurrections. It is just partisan nonsense to call ideologues getting riled up and pushing their way into the capitol an insurrection. You can convince yourself otherwise however you want I'm done with your nonsense.

BpG #1974452 09/29/22 11:07 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
They keep being convicted of assaulting police officers by juries in courts of law and you keep living in denial. Carry on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG #1974453 09/29/22 11:07 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You're moving the goal posts, my friend, and trying to use a picture vs the narrative. At the very least, it's sure a hell of a lot more comparable to Jan 6th than the Civil War.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
BpG #1974465 09/29/22 12:05 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Intent to overthrow the government and stop the transfer of power was the objective of many in that crowd.

Not all but it certainly was for Stewart Rhodes and the militia groups.

Their planning and execution are on trial.

Follow the judges and read their assessments.

It is all about context. It is not measured in deaths (although people died). It is about intent.

In days gone by all over the world. Those people would have been rounded up and lined up against a wall.

What do you Putin or Kim Jong Un would have done?

You would never hear of those involved again.

BpG #1974507 09/29/22 04:28 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by BpG
According to you I'm "stuck on" it and the "Definition of the word" means nothing to me.

According to me I'm using my eyes to see that the gun loving,2A, far right extremists apparently showed up, planned an insurrection in advance but didn't show up in full force with guns. But using the definition of the word "Violent" could be a officers being injured. The historical context of insurrection apparently means nothing when it doesn't fit your narrative.

People die, government officials are murdered, countries go to war during insurrections. It is just partisan nonsense to call ideologues getting riled up and pushing their way into the capitol an insurrection. You can convince yourself otherwise however you want I'm done with your nonsense.

JUST STOP. Stop trying to justify or downplay what those traitorous asshats did. It was an insurrection and an attempted coup, period. I don't give a damn what you think it was, it was an insurrection. And I don't need right-wing media talking points downplaying it to feel good about it. It was an attack on the Capitol specifically to stop a government function. And unlike anything seen during any of our lifetimes. It is, was, and will continue to be a very serious problem. If Dems had done this, all those downplaying it would be demanding justice at any cost.

Personally, I think they should all be lined up and shot, every one of them that acted violently. That would excuse the looky-loos and those who had no violent or destructive intent, who only entered and walked around watching. They should all pay dearly, from the people who smeared feces on the walls down to the handcuffs guy and those that beat others, broke crap, or did anything remotely violent. They are not Americans, they are traitors. And we need to make strong examples out of them to prevent this from happening again, anytime soon.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/29/22 04:35 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
OldColdDawg #1974511 09/29/22 04:42 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Did you feel that way about the riots last summer?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Nope. Not the same at all. Thanks for playing but I know what I believe without your input or silly questions. Cops killing black Americans disproportionately is the reason they marched. Much of the violence and destruction was caused by hate-filled right wing groups trying their damnedest to start a race war. Next.

OldColdDawg #1974519 09/29/22 05:13 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Incorrect.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I already knew you were, but thanks for confirming.

OldColdDawg #1974522 09/29/22 05:25 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
You seem like a violent person what with all your "shoot them, hang them, I hope they rot in hell" rhetoric. It does appear, you are full of hatred for those that don't agree with you.

As to the topic, if people want to march in protest, I'm good with that. But when they start burning stuff, and looting stuff? Nah, not good with that.

I've called out the people that stormed the capital. They are getting what they deserve right now. You've done nothing but ask for their heads on a platter, while at the same time, exactly as you just did, you 'excuse' the violence and destruction of the rioters, and NOW even go so far as to blame others for it.

A joke is a joke, and you, person, appear to be one.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Those riots and Jan 6th are not the same.

Other than criminal activity took place. There is no excuse for violence, trespassing, the destruction of property, and looting which is theft.

Anyone who does those things deserve prosecution and due process.

Jan 6th was not a riot. It was not a protest gone bad. It was a planned insurrection with the intent to do harm and stop a valid election.

The intent of the militia groups and organizers was to stop Biden from taking office. And to seek out and harm targets.

It is mistake to try and draw a parallel.

bonefish #1974530 09/29/22 06:17 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
At some level, I agree. At another level, destruction of personal property, lighting fires, looting - is damn close. Think what you will

OldColdDawg #1974531 09/29/22 06:19 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Nope. Not the same at all. Thanks for playing but I know what I believe without your input or silly questions. Cops killing black Americans disproportionately is the reason they marched. Much of the violence and destruction was caused by hate-filled right wing groups trying their damnedest to start a race war. Next.

Was the CHOP/CHAZ insurrection?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There is no connection. They are not alike at all.

If a protest starts and criminals seize an opportunity to commit arson, destroy property, and steal.

It is not the same as when people are intending to disrupt and stop a valid election. As well targeting specific individuals like Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence with harmful intentions. Those people could not accept trump lost and their plan was to stop Biden from taking office.

How is that the same as some punk criminals starting fires, breaking windows and looting stores?

FrankZ #1974540 09/29/22 06:45 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Is that from Iron Chef?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
dawglover05 #1974544 09/29/22 06:58 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Is that from Iron Chef?

I do like your sense of humor...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill_Occupied_Protest

bonefish #1974548 09/29/22 07:51 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Depends, right? I'm already on record as saying those that stormed the capital need punishment.

Now, in riots and looting, what if it was YOUR business, or YOUR home. Oh, yeah, dem's have already said "they got insurance"

Sorry, if a person on here wants to hang those for Jan. 6th, he might be man enough to say "hang those for the riots and personal property losses" He's not man enough to say that though.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I made no bones about criminals. Crystal clear.

Trying to stop the election and and targeting people you oppose or Pence. Not the same.

There were people who got caught up in mob mentality. They will what the law spells out. The militia groups throw them in prison for full sentence and when they get out. Exile them. Revoke their citizenship. For those who which to overthrow the constitution. Leave.

1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Depends, right? I'm already on record as saying those that stormed the capital need punishment.

Now, in riots and looting, what if it was YOUR business, or YOUR home. Oh, yeah, dem's have already said "they got insurance"

Sorry, if a person on here wants to hang those for Jan. 6th, he might be man enough to say "hang those for the riots and personal property losses" He's not man enough to say that though.

If we could find those right-wingers that started the violence and rioting, I'd buy the rope. But some aren't man enough to acknowledge that it was the right-wing instigators who started MOST of those problems.

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf Educate yourself.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/29/22 09:35 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

This isn't hard.

Prosecute people according to the law. Rioters and looters need to face the law for their crimes. But those crimes don't carry a penalty that includes hanging. Treason is a different matter.

""Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.""

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title18/part1/chapter115&edition=prelim

Do I think anyone and everyone who was at the Capital Building on Jan 6th is deserving of being prosecuted for Treason? NO. There's a whole lot of stupid folks got swept up in lies and emotion that were following a crowd. There are however - undoubtedly - a sub set who had a specific goal of stopping the legal transfer of power. Who attacked police officers and who would have done worse to some of our political leaders. And then there are those the orchestrated and stroked the flames and got that crowd to be there, armed, and ready to fight. . . . and yes, those folks committed treason.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: bonefish
FrankZ #1974656 09/30/22 11:13 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Is that from Iron Chef?

I do like your sense of humor...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill_Occupied_Protest

Same, my friend. If we lived closer, I'd offer to grab a beer.

To answer your question, even though it wasn't asked to me, I did know about that incident, but didn't know about the acronym(s). I have to get my head wrapped around all the facts, but it doesn't appear it was an insurrection. It does appear to be a bunch of idiots who should spend a long time in jail, combined with people who were lawfully protesting. It also doesn't help that some of them were shot at and run over by cars during the actual protest phase. I doesn't appear that they went in there with the intent to take over or remove the police department branch office. It appears the police moved out due to good will. Let me know if I'm off.

What in your mind would make it an insurrection, by definition?

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1974666 09/30/22 11:55 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Pretty clear right?

The militia groups planned an attack. They executed it. People were killed and many injured. Others escaped because of security measures. What would have happend if they were captured?

These goons in body armor with weapons using formations. Training for assault. What is that if not treason?

Stewart Rhodes is the leader of Oath Keepers.

The Oath Keepers are an anti-government, right-wing political organization committed to supporting and defending their interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

"Their interpretation." Their views on law and order.

They have rules on what they will not obey. They feel they can create their own laws.

Expel them from the United States. We have a Constitution. They want their own.

Legend
Legend
At some level, I agree. At another level, destruction of personal property, lighting fires, looting - is damn close. Think what you will

You’re right. Planned armed insurrection and white hate groups going around lighting fires and destructing personal property - is damn close.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Somehow he can't seem to differentiate that seditious conspiracy is a much more serious crime by definition and the parameters of the punishment than looting.

Both are criminal offenses and should be dealt with accordingly. Also what he seems to avoid discussing is the riots broke out at night and usually after the peaceful protests were over and that over 95% of the protests across the country remained peaceful. But concentrating on the almost 5% that didn't is much more beneficial to their cause.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1976130 10/05/22 09:07 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Listening to the testimony at the jones trial.

The parent of a six year old murdered at school. Tells what has happened to her because jones.

My blood boils. I do not considered myself a hateful person. Until trump and this scum appeared on the scene.

These are truly evil people. People who do things with the intention of causing pain to others.

The world produces people like this. It can not be avoided. However, these people need to be caught and held accountable for their actions.

jones can only be forced to pay when in fact he deserves equal punishment to what he has done to others.

I can only hope that somehow karma catches this bag of pus and he faces justice.

PitDAWG #1976148 10/05/22 10:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Somehow he can't seem to differentiate that seditious conspiracy is a much more serious crime by definition and the parameters of the punishment than looting.

Both are criminal offenses and should be dealt with accordingly. Also what he seems to avoid discussing is the riots broke out at night and usually after the peaceful protests were over and that over 95% of the protests across the country remained peaceful. But concentrating on the almost 5% that didn't is much more beneficial to their cause.

I believe he is just purposely evil to attract attention. I never take anything from him seriously. Kinda like that devil on your right shoulder giving horrid advice.

And looky here…

At least 11 anti-fascists face counts based on conspiracy to commit a riot; they’re also charged with assaults and using tear gas

BY ALEX RIGGINS
DEC. 6, 2021 8:57 PM PT
SAN DIEGO — Prosecutors on Monday charged at least seven people, described as self-identified anti-fascists, in connection with eight alleged assaults that occurred in January during a Pacific Beach “Patriot March” organized by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...at-violently-countered-p-b-patriot-march

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 10/05/22 10:23 AM. Reason: Added content.

– Jackie Robinson
bonefish #1976153 10/05/22 10:31 AM
Legend
Legend
When Alex Jones dies there is no doubt his followers will blame the victims of Sandy Hook. Sad.

– Jackie Robinson
bonefish #1978619 10/12/22 04:08 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
One billion to the plaintiffs.

I hope it ruins his life. That he can't afford toilet paper.

One of the most disgusting repulsive creatures on the planet.

bonefish #1978638 10/12/22 05:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
InfoWars.com

bonefish #1978640 10/12/22 06:26 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SuperBrown #1978641 10/12/22 06:34 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Nope - they just want you to pay for lying, continuing to lie, double downing again while trying to cheat the system.

It's too bad - this should ruin his life - but no doubt somewhere, somehow there is probably a Trumpian, sleazy way for him to hide and conceal his money. If does that and it's illegal I hope he is found out and sent to jail in addition to losing whatever money is due.

mgh888 #1978660 10/12/22 09:26 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Bankruptcy.

mgh888 #1978683 10/13/22 06:56 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The pain and suffering he caused to innocent families can not go unpunished.

I am glad they are taking his money. I hope an example is made of him and his type of scum.

It is a shame that he can find those weak minds to support him. Selling garbage products to people like sb.

Maybe now some of his followers will sprout brain cells after their ring leader is broken.

I doubt it though. They will most likely go looking for bigfoot.

bonefish #1978698 10/13/22 08:35 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well sadly we have seen one of his flock already try to promote the idea he is being censored and cancelled and somehow this is about freedom. I wouldn't hold out much hope that any of his followers will suddenly see the light - despite this being about Alex lying for years... I've seen comments by people who promoted his lies, and I have no doubt they will continue to support him much like the Trump patsies do.

bonefish #1978700 10/13/22 08:43 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Alex Jones Gloats After Jury Slaps Him With $1 BILLION Bill for His Sandy Hook Garbage
Josh Fiallo
Wed, October 12, 2022, 3:51 PM·6 min read

A jury decided Wednesday afternoon that Infowars founder Alex Jones must pay $965 million for spewing lies that the 2012 Sandy Hook elementary school shooting was a hoax and that the grieving parents involved were paid actors.

The money will go straight to the pockets of family members who lost children in the massacre, and to an FBI agent who was harassed by Jones’ listeners. There were 15 plaintiffs in total.

But in a livestream that aired as the jury’s verdict was read out, Jones showed no remorse, instead mocking jurors and the Sandy Hook parents who wept as the damages were read out.

“Fifty-seven million, $20 million, $50 million, $80 million, $100 million, blah, blah,” Jones said, according to NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny. “You get a million, you get $100 million, you get a $50 million... Do these people actually think they’re getting any of this money?”

Jones refused to hand over financial data from his businesses before or during the trial, and simultaneously filed for bankruptcy protection from creditors earlier this year for Infowars and its parent company, Free Speech Systems. Around the same time, he reportedly transferred some property ownership to his wife. In his Texas trial, he said any damages above $2 million would tank InfoWars—but a forensic economist put his company’s worth at between $135 and $270 million.

Despite appearing to be on the brink of bankruptcy, Jones indicated Wednesday that he doesn’t plan to stop spreading insane conspiracies about mass shootings.

“They want to scare us away from questioning Uvalde or Parkland,” he said. “We’re not going away. We’re not going to stop.”

Jones’ chaotic trial played out in Waterbury, Connecticut, 20 miles southwest of where 26 people were killed just over a decade ago. Jury deliberations began on Oct. 6. Only compensatory damages owed by Jones were determined on Wednesday, and jurors will decide at a later date whether Jones must also pay punitive damages.

Of the 15 plaintiffs, Robbie Parker, whose 6-year-old daughter was killed at Sandy Hook, received the highest individual payout on Wednesday of $120 million. FBI agent William Aldenberg received the second-highest payout at $90 million.

Nicole and Ian Hockley, who received $73.6 million and $81.6 million respectively, were awarded the highest combined payout stemming from a single victim. Their 6-year-old son, Dylan, was shot to death in the arms of Anne Marie Murphy, an aide at his school who assisted his special needs. Murphy was also killed.

During the trial, Jones struggled to keep his cool while on the witness stand, even blurting out at one point that he was done saying sorry.

“Is this a struggle session? Are we in China?” Jones fumed to Christopher Mattei, an attorney for the plaintiffs, during questioning. “I’ve already said I’m sorry hundreds of times, and I’m done saying I’m sorry.”

Jurors weren’t tasked with determining a judgment in the defamation case, as Judge Barbara Bellis already ruled against the conspiracy theorist when he refused to produce crucial evidence, but were tasked with determining just how much Jones will owe his victims in damages. Jones is now on the hook for a combined amount of just over $1 billion after a separate jury in Texas decided in August that he must pay nearly $50 million in damages to the parents of one of the children killed in the shooting.

Alex Jones Halts Testimony to Cool Off After Disastrous Court Day

The family members who sued Jones in Connecticut said they were tormented by strangers who were inspired by his Infowars webcasts. They argued their harassers were convinced—solely by Jones—that one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history was a massive con ordered by Democrats to build support for gun restrictions.

This harassment added insult to injury for grieving families, they argued, many of whom had just lost their child to senseless gunfire as they sat in their first-grade classroom.

Among those who testified against Jones was Mark Barden, whose son Daniel was murdered in the shooting. He said that wackos began flooding his personal website with hateful comments after Jones called the shooting a hoax, calling him a “liar and a fraud,” the Washington Post reported.

Harassers soon turned up their hate to another level, Barden said, threatening to dig up his son’s grave, which the harassers also claimed to have defiled.

“To hear that people were desecrating it and urinating on it and threatening to dig it up,” Barden said of his son’s grave. “I don’t know how to articulate to you what that feels like. But that’s where we are.”

Barden was awarded $57.6 million by the jury on Wednesday.

Other plaintiffs said they were forced to move multiple times to escape the hate set off by Jones’ lies, which he regularly repeated on his daily shows.

Mattei said Jones created a “lie machine” for profit at the expense of grieving parents.

“He knew his army was coming after them,” he said Thursday. “Every single one of these families was drowning in grief and Alex Jones put his foot right on top of them.”

Under Connecticut law, jurors in a damages trial are tasked to hear evidence about the scale of harm—in this case, the “pain and suffering” inflicted by Jones—and reach a consensus on what fair compensation would be for the victims.

Mattei, in his closing arguments Thursday, focused on the profits Jones’ raked in while spreading lies. As his viewership spiked, so did his sale of products like nutritional supplements and survivalist gear, Mattei said.

Jones and his lawyers countered that he shouldn’t be held responsible for what his supporters do, and have since vowed to keep fighting against ever paying the plaintiffs.

Mattei said Wednesday he anticipated this, and that he plans to pursue full payouts for each victim, no matter how long it takes.

“We are going to enforce this verdict as long as it takes because that is what justice requires,” he said, according to The New York Times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-orders-alex-jones-pay-195156327.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
OldColdDawg #1978705 10/13/22 09:04 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Bankruptcy.

I thought the same. But, if it's willful and malicious, it sticks through the bankruptcy filing.

#gmstrong
mgh888 #1978708 10/13/22 09:16 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There will always be sheep looking for someone to lead them by the nose.

And there always will be wolves ready to feed on them. trump and jones are one in the same. They seek out the weak of mind and feed them garbage to swallow. sb is a perfect example.

bonefish #1978710 10/13/22 09:26 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I know that the other thread talked about comparisons to how Hitler was able to subdue a weakened democracy. In parallel to that thought, I had the chance to go to Dachau a few weeks ago when I was in Munich for Oktoberfest, and the recurring theme for how something so horrific happened was that the blind anger and resentment of a population was stoked so deliberately that they were either willing to go along, or turn a blind eye to truly horrible and false notions and allegations.

As with the other thread, it's not a direct comparison of course, but it shows a similar recipe in manipulating people based on the same underlying premises. Imagine actually believing that a school shooting involving child victims was part of a hoax. I mean, really let that sink in.

It absolutely blows my mind. And I think it's something that a lot of people - including a lot of people on this board - need to step back and really consider as part of the big picture for where people like Alex Jones align themselves and who and what they promote.

Decades from now, people will look back on stuff like this and wonder how people could have been so stupid, just as we're doing to past eras.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1978712 10/13/22 09:46 AM
Legend
Legend
Feeding the monsters in our society has grave consequences for all. It’s always been that way. The death of these monsters will set us free.

– Jackie Robinson
bonefish #1978722 10/13/22 10:21 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I don't care about Alex Jones or whether he was found guilty or not. However, the $965M judgement is f'ing laughable.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus alex jones

Link Copied to Clipboard