Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yeah, it's me that can't accept that a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. Try to do better next time.

I've accepted a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. When have I denied that?

Yet another spin of facts from you.

Not everything is about you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Swish
has trump got his twitter back yet?

Trump has said he's not going back on Twitter since rumors of the sale started.

Elon Musk clarifies that Donald Trump and other banned accounts won't be allowed back on Twitter before the midterm elections, if at all
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-clarifies-donald-trump-164053151.html

Everything that comes out of trumps pie hole is a lie or bs.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

Trump has said he's not going back on Twitter since rumors of the sale started.

Elon Musk clarifies that Donald Trump and other banned accounts won't be allowed back on Twitter before the midterm elections, if at all
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-clarifies-donald-trump-164053151.html

Everything that comes out of trumps pie hole is a lie or bs.

Thanks for the update.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
a crazy guy
he means a “radicalized domestic terrorist”

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes. When you feed crazy, hate filled or angry people people a steady diet of lies and conspiracies we have seen what happens. This isn't an isolated case. And of course in response they make up even more crazy BS.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Yeah, it's me that can't accept that a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. Try to do better next time.

I've accepted a crazy guy broke into Pelosi's home and attacked him. When have I denied that?

Yet another spin of facts from you.

Not everything is about you.

A reply directed at me isn't about me?

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, it was you who made it sound like I was the conspiracy theorist and when looking around this board it's easy to see it's not. There was nothing in my reply to indicate I was speaking about you. Your weak BS is getting old.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Not until after the elections. Elon saying there needs to be a process.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm pretty sure we would all know the moment he was allowed back on Twitter. Also, wouldn't that hurt his Truth Social venture if he rejoined Twitter (not that it was ever going to take off into anything substantive to begin with)?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I feel as though Truth Social was more of a temper tantrum move than an actual business venture. Trump being the narcissist that he is I feel he would value a much larger audience which in effect would create much more turmoil and division would be more valuable to him than Truth Social. I think we will be finding out soon enough either way.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I feel as though Truth Social was more of a temper tantrum move than an actual business venture. Trump being the narcissist that he is I feel he would value a much larger audience which in effect would create much more turmoil and division would be more valuable to him than Truth Social. I think we will be finding out soon enough either way.

and this is the moment where i would like to remind the board - especially our right leaning friends - that a member of the house of representatives literally resigned from his office in order to run said tempe....er, i mean business venture.

an actual member of congress.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just thankful that a person who would leave congress to run a hate speech media platform is no longer a member of congress.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There was nothing in my reply to indicate I was speaking about you. Your weak BS is getting old.

You mean other than my name in what you replied to?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Where is a yawning emoji when you need one? More of that purposefully obtuse thing.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Where is a yawning emoji when you need one? More of that purposefully obtuse thing.

Deflection when you get called out.

You don't own anything.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You seem to act as though your slanted opinion of me somehow matters. It doesn't. You're a snooze fest.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You seem to act as though your slanted opinion of me somehow matters. It doesn't. You're a snooze fest.

You care so little you keep at it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You were saying? The words are hard to decipher with all of the whining.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You were saying? The words are hard to decipher with all of the whining.

That you cannot own a single thing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Already did. We're past that now. Move on there's nothing to see here other than your continual whining and trying to start fights. I feel sorry for the corporation you're ripping off who is actually paying you for your time. I know, you'll make up some BS to claim that's not what you're doing. You are living proof that baffling people with BS is often used rather than actually knowing what you're doing.

And yeah, I own that.

rofl

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Already did. We're past that now. Move on there's nothing to see here other than your continual whining and trying to start fights. I feel sorry for the corporation you're ripping off who is actually paying you for your time. I know, you'll make up some BS to claim that's not what you're doing. You are living proof that baffling people with BS is often used rather than actually knowing what you're doing.

And yeah, I own that.

rofl

See, again you insult people.

Tell me again about my job? When do I work, what is my job title? Yeah, you know less than you think you do but keep at it. All you really want to do is find something to fight about.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

Last edited by FATE; 11/03/22 04:46 PM.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
See, as I predicted you would come up with excuses about your job and ripping off your company.

See, you have no idea how all of this works for me. We have debates about topics with a pretty good back and forth. Then you get frustrated and take it off the rails. At that point it becomes nothing more than a game to me. At that point you lose it. It's hilarious. You get all defensive and accusatory which I find to be amusing. So that's where we are at. You can keep being my amusement or not. That's totally up to you. But if you get this worked up over message board fodder it's you who have the issue. I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
See, as I predicted you would come up with excuses about your job and ripping off your company.

See, you have no idea how all of this works for me. We have debates about topics with a pretty good back and forth. Then you get frustrated and take it off the rails. At that point it becomes nothing more than a game to me. At that point you lose it. It's hilarious. You get all defensive and accusatory which I find to be amusing. So that's where we are at. You can keep being my amusement or not. That's totally up to you. But if you get this worked up over message board fodder it's you who have the issue. I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.

No, you tried to use the idea that I am ripping off my company as some way to diminish me. Please, again, tell me what I do, when I do it and who I am beholden to over it. Tell me what time I started work today, if today was a work day.

You try and find anything and everything to use to insult and diminish others.

You do understand my job is not the topic of this thread right?

Debates do not involve things like "do you speak english?", "Are you being obtuse on purpose?", especially when you can offer no counter point other than "cause I said so it must be". Ipse dixit is not, and never will be a valid debate point. But continue to play the victim when you are clearly guilty of ad holmium attacks on other.

I'm more than willing to keep playing a game you're not very good at.

Yet more deflection and insult.

You haven't owned any of it, you deflect the blame.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe.... more whining and finger pointing from the peanut gallery. Keep wasting your corporations valuable time. Even after a total explanation of how this all works for me you still don't get it do you? See I was giving you too much credit. I actually thought you were smarter than this. Keep flailing your arms and screaming. Nobody cares. You are cheap entertainment for me at this point.

rofl

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Awe.... more whining and finger pointing from the peanut gallery. Keep wasting your corporations valuable time. Even after a total explanation of how this all works for me you still don't get it do you? See I was giving you too much credit. I actually thought you were smarter than this. Keep flailing your arms and screaming. Nobody cares. You are cheap entertainment for me at this point.

rofl

So again, you have no idea about my life in general but you some how care enough to keep commenting?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it. I do it because I care. Not because I enjoy toying with you at this point. I actually didn't think comprehension was an issue with you. But you've certainly proven me wrong about that.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, that's it. I do it because I care. Not because I enjoy toying with you at this point. I actually didn't think comprehension was an issue with you. But you've certainly proven me wrong about that.

So yet again you make assertions you can't back up but instead throw barbs....

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

That’s true, but then Truth would also become a failure, and we know he doesn’t take that well. He’s between a rock and a hard place here.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don’t care who you are, that’s funny.

Man, Elon is just one of those guys who’s all over the place. I guess it takes a healthy dose of crazy and eccentric to reach his level of innovative genius though. Sometimes I do want to strangle him, and sometimes I wholeheartedly agree with him.

I do like driving his cars though.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
jc

so just to clarify, trump hasn't got his twitter back, conservatives are still whining about being - lol - being silenced (even though im watching two black dudes being deservedly silenced), Elon is still gonna have moderators striking down post that violate the terms of service, but now twitter is gonna have a pay for play system where buying the blue check mark allows you to promote and have your post prioritized in the algorithm, effectively limiting speech based on who pays more.

i guess i'm just trying to figure out why right wingers and conservatives started hanging off Elon's ball sack when literally nothing changed except what i told you guys: just another billionaire buying a company.

but yea, freed speech and all that right, right guys? conservatives still getting banned, still have multiple racist social media apps to spread their hate, and billionaires still throwing hissy fits while having commoners defend them as if they're personally gonna benefit from said billionaire's hissy fits.

this is why i laugh at conservatives and right wingers. because you deserve to be laughed at.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
who is gonna be the next middle aged rich white guy that ring wingers project surrogate daddy vibes on hoping to own the libs?

i think they might run it back with Bezos. or maybe Dan Snyder.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Not really following a lot of that post. Musk says no suspended accounts will be restored until after the election. Makes sense, right? We don't want a bunch of crybabies blaming Twitter when things don't go their way, eh?

Are you just making light of the redneck "give Donny his Twitter back" crowd? Because I really don't think 90% of America cares if Trump is ever on Twitter again, other than the weak-minded cross-section that likes to fly their flags and will keep score so they can rub it in their neighbors face.

The blue checkmark means your account is verified, has nothing to do with you posts being prioritized. MSNBC? Not sure where you got that. Twitter did that admittedly during COVID, so the messages they liked could be prioritized while they cancelled everyone that asked questions. wink

As for the rest. I think the "nothing has changed!" speech is a little premature, I mean the dude walked into HQ one week ago. Seems like it will be a slow process though... all he's done in the first week is pwn people on Twitter. 🤣

Legend
Legend
He’s done enough to get sued by ex employees already.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-staff-as-elon-musk-begins-mass-sackings

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Not really following a lot of that post. Musk says no suspended accounts will be restored until after the election. Makes sense, right? We don't want a bunch of crybabies blaming Twitter when things don't go their way, eh?

Are you just making light of the redneck "give Donny his Twitter back" crowd? Because I really don't think 90% of America cares if Trump is ever on Twitter again, other than the weak-minded cross-section that likes to fly their flags and will keep score so they can rub it in their neighbors face.

The blue checkmark means your account is verified, has nothing to do with you posts being prioritized. MSNBC? Not sure where you got that. Twitter did that admittedly during COVID, so the messages they liked could be prioritized while they cancelled everyone that asked questions. wink

As for the rest. I think the "nothing has changed!" speech is a little premature, I mean the dude walked into HQ one week ago. Seems like it will be a slow process though... all he's done in the first week is pwn people on Twitter. 🤣

why way til after the election though? free speech is free speech, remember? should be no timeline on when to allow speech.

most americans don't care, but ENOUGH americans care, which is why this thread even exist. doesn't need to be most, or the majority. just has to be enough people to care when it comes to, well, ANYTHING. the blue check was originally meant to mean that you were actually verified to be the real you, not some troll account and such. paying for the blue check means people now have to pay for access, because if it wasn't gonna change anything, then there was no point in changing the policy to charge people in the first place.

the argument from right wingers was that twitter and other popular platforms that acted more like digital time squares than services, which is why the whole "im being silenced" nonsense originated from the right. they then latched on to Elon as the new savior of, lol, free speech. well, he owns the company, and yet he's talking about enhancing MORE moderation, and charging people for blue check access.

so yea, i have maintained that this wasnt news because its just some billionaire buying a company who isn't gonna accomplish anything the right wingers claim he was. so im absolutely making light of those people, because those people are the ones who care so much they made all the claims.

so maybe you should ask all the Elon coattail riders why they cared so much about this. don't ask me, i didnt buy into the 'Elon, savior of speech" rhetoric. they did.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually there was already a $5.00 a month cost for verified accounts. What he is actually doing is raising the cost from 5 to 8 dollars and adding a blue check mark. Charging for it isn't new.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Actually there was already a $5.00 a month cost for verified accounts. What he is actually doing is raising the cost from 5 to 8 dollars and adding a blue check mark. Charging for it isn't new.

i stand corrected. i thought you needed a certain # of followers in order to be eligible for the check mark, and obviously go through the identity verification.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea of the criteria required to have a verified account. I just know that it's simply a price increase and not a new policy. But it appears that about half of Twitter employees will or have been laid off today. Isn't it great how billionaire's create those jobs!?

Reports: Twitter set to lay off roughly half its staff

Twitter employees awaited word of widespread layoffs Friday, as its new billionaire owner Elon Musk moves quickly after his big takeover to make the messaging platform financially sound.

A company-wide email reported by multiple news outlets said Twitter employees will receive word on their fate via email at the start of business Friday, 9 a.m. California time. It doesn't give a number but The Washington Post, New York Times and Bloomberg News, among others, reported that about half of Twitter's 7,500 employees will be let go.

"In an effort to place Twitter on a healthy path, we will go through the difficult process of reducing our global work force," the email said.

Twitter didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about the reported job cuts.

But there were numerous reports early Friday that they'd already started.

Rolling Stone said, "Multiple Twitter employees took to the platform on Thursday night to announce that they had been locked out of their emails, work laptops, and Slack."

Among them, Twitter's head of internal communications, Julie Steele, though she used the term "leaving."

"Twitter is so special," she tweeted. "After 4 yrs, I'm leaving with the fullest , experiences I never imagined, and unbreakable bonds with so many Tweeps. My head is held high, knowing I gave it my absolute all. @TwitterComms: We have so much to be proud of. Time to fly even higher! #OneTeam."

At the same time, the layoffs were already being challenged in court. Employees filed a class action suit Thursday asserting that Twitter didn't provide the workers it was showing the door with the 60-day advance notice required by federal and California law.

Twitter employees have been bracing for this kind of bad news since Musk completed his mammoth $44 billion acquisition late last week and quickly set about dissolving its board and firing its chief executive and top managers.

Musk overpaid for Twitter by about $20 billion, according to Wedbush analyst Dan Ives, who told CBS MoneyWatch he believed that would force the billionaire to cut between 30% to 50% of the company's employees. In its most recent quarter, Twitter lost $270 million and its revenue slipped as advertising growth slowed.

"By overpaying for Twitter by roughly $20 billion, there is a lot of wood to chop for Musk to try to make back his money for himself as well as his investors," Ives said.

A workplace and employee review and other projects ordered by Musk were said to be so exhaustive and grueling that some engineers slept at Twitter headquarters over the weekend.

The email sent Thursday told workers to go home and not report for work on Friday.

"Our offices will be temporarily closed and all badge access will be suspended," the email said. Those on the way to the office should turn around and return home."

The email acknowledged that Twitter is going through "an incredibly challenging experience."

"We recognize that this will impact a number of individuals who have made valuable contributions to Twitter, but this action is unfortunately necessary to ensure the company's success moving forward," it added.

The company will also require employees it keeps to return to the office, according to multiple reports.

Nearby business owners aren't happy to learn many at Twitter will be losing their jobs, but they hope the return to the office of other workers will give them a boost, CBS Bay Area reports.

Katherine Chiao, the general manager of Kagawa-Ya, is uneasy about one of the changes, but hopes another will be good for her restaurant.

"It's not great that they are laying people off - I would never want anyone to lose their job," she said. "However, if they're going to do some management changes and require people to come back to work - even part time - that's great. Come have lunch with us."

Musk is also looking for ways for Twitter to boost revenue -- and fast.

His most recent idea was to charge $8 a month to users who display a blue "verified" badge assuring the public that the account is authentic.

An earlier report this week said Musk wanted to charge $20 a month but faced a backlash, including from bestselling novelist Stephen King, who tweeted: "$20 a month to keep my blue check?" It was followed by an expletive.

Musk responded on Twitter, seemingly bargaining with King: "we need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers. How about $8?"

Musk has said he wants to increase Twitter's revenue from $5 billion last year to more than $26 billion in 2028.

Top global companies, including General Mills, Audi and Volkswagen, suspended their advertising on Twitter on Thursday as pressure builds on Musk to turn his platform into a succesful business.

U.S. auto giant General Motors last week was the first major advertiser to suspend advertising following the takeover.

Officials and civil rights groups have expressed worry that Musk will open the site to uncontrolled hate speech and misinformation as well as reinstate banned accounts, including that of former President Donald Trump.

Advertisers are Twitter's main source of revenue and Musk has tried to calm the nerves by reassuring that the site would not become a "free-for-all hellscape."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/reports-twitter-lay-off-half-its-staff-elon-musk/

But hey, nothing has really changed at all since he purchased Twitter, right?

Use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover as trolls test limits on free speech, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

Racist, antisemitic tweets quickly spread after Musk Twitter takeover

https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...ckly-spread-after-musk-twitter-takeover/

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

This is wrong. Currently there is no charge for account verification. Twitter blue is what costs $5/month. Verification is not part of that(currently). Musks plan would put verification as part of twitter blue and raise the price of twitter blue.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Twitter Accepts Elon Musk’s Offer to Buy Company in $44 Billion Deal

Link Copied to Clipboard