Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Wonder if steve will post Baker Mayfield's PFF score? He brings him up on every other thread.

rofl

A deflection of your own behavior.

Aint no poster nowhere on the internet that has posted more about BM since he was slated to became an ex-Brown than Vers.

In fact the other day I googled Baker Mayfield and it came up with a bunch of links to "Versatile Dog"! He gone broke the dang internet.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Once again, back to News and Notes.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

1 member likes this: jfanent
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When you refuse to stop stirring the pot with worthless forum garbage and personal attacks at others, you have to expect return fire for your hatred efforts. Everyone else has moved on so Buckle up or shut up partner.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
I still cant believe Ward grades so poorly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think Ward has played very well the last two weeks.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
News & Notes: Browns 'excited' to have Deshaun Watson back, but focus remains on Texans

The Browns are eager to play their first game with Watson but are otherwise keeping things normal in their preparation for the Texans
Nov 30, 2022 at 05:08 PM
Employee Headshots on June 24, 2021
Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

Deshaun Watson took his first throws as the Browns' starting QB during the Browns' indoor practice Wednesday at CrossCountry Mortgage Campus.

On Sunday in Houston, he'll take his first throws in an actual game and make his Browns debut, a game that's been circled on the Browns' calendar all season once the league announced Watson would be suspended the first 11 games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. With Watson officially back, the Browns will look to expand their playbook on offense to maximize his wide array of skills — and the main goal, of course, is to build a winning streak in the final six games that could push them to the playoffs.

Watson has been able to practice with the Browns for the last two weeks, and the reviews from his teammates for how he's looked suggest Watson will be able to provide an immediate lift.

"He's special," RB Nick Chubb said. "He's a playmaker. He puts the ball exactly where he needs it to go. Guys like that. Guys are excited. We all are. We're ready."

While Watson's return has generated a bit of an extra buzz heading into Week 13, the Browns are keeping a normal vibe to the week inside the locker room. The focus is still on preparing for the Texans, whom the Browns aren't taking any less lightly because of their 1-9-1 record.

"It's an excitement for sure," LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah said. "We're a diverse team. Watson provides a diverse aspect of the offense to be in, not a different type of system, but provide more diversity. It's an excitement. Is it a different vibe in reference to our intention? No, our intention is still to win, still to work hard and still to execute."

Head coach Kevin Stefanski echoed that sentiment Wednesday as well — a new era might be beginning, but it's otherwise the same team with the same mindset of taking the season one week at a time.

"For this football team, for Deshaun and for the offense in particular to your question, they need to focus on playing good football this week," he said. "The big picture of what that means and that type of thing, I don't think our guys are worried about that. We have to worry about our preparation this week and make sure that we have a good plan for Houston.

"We're excited that Deshaun is able to play for us. We're excited that he's back out there. The guys have enjoyed, like we mentioned, back in the room the last few weeks. Having him out on the field will bring an element to our offense that is different, but how different I think remains to be seen."

Defense improves in 'little increments'

The Browns will look to once again show strides on defense against Houston one week after they played one of their best games of the season against QB Tom Brady and the Buccaneers.

Cleveland held Tampa Bay to 17 points, tied for its second-lowest total in a game this season. The run defense, which has struggled to stay consistent this season, limited the Buccaneers to 96 total yards on the ground. Big plays were largely prevented, and a shutout in the fourth quarter and overtime enabled the Browns to come back late and grab the win.

"Communication was good," CB Denzel Ward said. "Playing fast out there, physical, and I think everybody's just on the same page. We were able to hold a great offense with Tom Brady and those guys, and hopefully we can build off that this week."

The group is still far from perfect and must show it can uphold those positives for a second consecutive week, but the improvements have contributed to the Browns' belief that they catch fire in the last six games.

"Yeah, little increments here and there," Owusu-Koramoah said. "We still have a lot of stuff to work on and a lot of mistakes to fix. From this point, yeah, I think we made some little adjustments, and we're getting better as time goes on."

Injury Updates

The Browns were missing just one player, TE David Njoku (knee), due to injury in practice Wednesday. Myles Garrett, Joel Bitonio, Jadeveon Clowney, Nick Chubb and Amari Cooper were all given rest days.

Stefanski said he wasn't going to rule out Njoku for Sunday's game, and said Garrett, who aggravated a shoulder injury last week, was "right where he's been" and was just receiving rest on the first practice day of the week.

"These guys, as you know, just played an overtime game on Sunday, so trying to be smart about what we do with the guys and make sure that they are fresh come Sunday," he said.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-excited-deshaun-watson-back-texans

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Could it be some of our rookie DL are playing better. We have about 4-5 young guys although I don't know how much talent and upside they have.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Jim Brown's records from the browns site: Brown owns team records for most combined net yards (15,459), career rushing yards (12,312), most points in one season (126), career TDs (126), rushing TDs (106), most consecutive games scoring a TD (10) and most 1,000 yard seasons (seven).

How many of those records can Chubb break in Cleveland? I wouldn't mind him sending old Jim into relative obscurity.

Chubb got almost 7,000 career yards... and 6,000 rushing... so if he stays healthy he could get those records..

126 points in a season is 21 TDs... he's got 12 this season, but don't think he'll ever touch 21... that's insane...

Career TDs.. Chubb is at 48 rushing, 51 overall... so long way to go to reach 106 and 126...

Not sure on consecutive games scoring a TD

He's at 4 seasons of 1,000 yards... if he stays healthy he should be able to meet or break that one

And Chubb has done this in 69 games ... all three RBs' higher on the Browns all time list have played twice as many games for the Browns ... the TD record is probably not attainable.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
At least it sounds like the players are stoked, and they think he's ready to go. DW may surprise and come out firing on all cylinders.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I have to wonder if Winfrey’s play last game is a reason we looked better

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I have to wonder if Winfrey’s play last game is a reason we looked better

A week ago, I posted my opinion on how the Browns were handling Winfrey's issues and maybe if Winfrey was burning energy "actually playing football"..it might be a more constructive way to approach the situation.

Maybe the Browns were willing to change their approach to see if it might yield a positive outcome.

I want to see more of Winfrey...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yeah let’s hope he plays well and stays out of the doghouse the last month

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is cool.

Legend
Legend
Brissett is a good dude

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I agree.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Anyone else expect the Browns to get annihilated/boatraced against the Texans on gameday?

Becauze I mean,
this will be the only game that will really matter to

that opponent in about
4 years

I think it'll take a half a hundred to beat the Texans, the Texans will be planning to put up half a hundred on the Browns
so the Brownz better be ready to put up a half a hundred on the texanz, they could loze 42- 47 like the chargerz and ravenz gamez of the last 2 yearz.

Have to meet fire with a fireball.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Brissett is a good dude

Its hard to root against him. No matter where he goes after the Browns, I will be pulling for him.

1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Stefanski would be smart to keep Brissett 'ready'...Watson is one play away from spending the rest of the season on IR.

Taking one season off without playing football, taking the hits and physical punishment, is a real risk...now multiply that risk by 2..

...it's been 2 seasons since he played and there is no way his body is prepared for the additional strain and punishment he could be subjected to.

Not hoping for it but pointing out the risk. Hopefully the OLine can keep him clean.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think Stefanski is very intelligent and he will keep Jacoby ready. I do wonder how effective Watson will be. It's gotta be really hard to try and prepare one QB for a future game while getting the existing starter ready to play each week. It's wild that Stefanski receives so much criticism. He's been put in some tough situations and this one was as tough as it gets.

M
Legend
Legend
M
My opinion like others - is that if Woods and Stefanski had been unhappy with the DT's on the roster that they would have had Berry replace them. My opinion - like yours and many others - is that Berry and KS work harmoniously together and collaborate. Berry doesn't acquire, resign or cut players without input from KS.

All your childish, churlish talk of a link is a nonsense. Your talk of agendas and lying when posters offer different opinions on a community talk board is absurd. We all know you like to drink and sometimes that causes you to write some truly combatative bull crap on odd days, but at 9:50 a.m on a Friday I don't quite know how to explain away this bunch off hate you are spamming the board with today. Maybe take a breath and step away from the keyboard for a moment.

Edit - and to repeat, upgrades at DT were available on short term deals. Signing them would have in all likelihood put the Browns into a position - today - to contend for the division and a play off spot. Your argument that we didn't sign them because we weren't competitive is putting the cart before the horse, just one more example of you making excuses for KS nd the FO and declining to hold anyone accountable.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/02/22 10:59 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ditto

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I think Stefanski is very intelligent and he will keep Jacoby ready. I do wonder how effective Watson will be. It's gotta be really hard to try and prepare one QB for a future game while getting the existing starter ready to play each week. It's wild that Stefanski receives so much criticism. He's been put in some tough situations and this one was as tough as it gets.

Stefanski has to deal with all the issues he signed up for when he took the HCing job then expanded his responsibility to include being the Browns OC.

I can't feel sorry for him because it was his choice to spread himself so thin. The Browns have a qualified OC that Stefanski refuses to use. Splitting his time likely means Stefanski will likely struggle to do either the OC job or the HC job as well as he could.

If he decided focus all his attention on doing just one job to the best of his ability it might improve the team's chances of winning more games.

Last edited by mac; 12/02/22 12:52 PM.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
888...lets not forget, Berry is not on his own to anything he wants. Berry has a boss he works for and that chain of command figures in on every move the Browns make.

The decision not to sign DTs likely came from those at the very top of the franchise.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Not asking you to feel sorry for him. I gave my opinion and did so w/out attacking you.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by mac
888...lets not forget, Berry is not on his own to anything he wants. Berry has a boss he works for and that chain of command figures in on every move the Browns make.

The decision not to sign DTs likely came from those at the very top of the franchise.

888 is so stuck on his agenda that can't even keep his threads straight.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Not asking you to feel sorry for him. I gave my opinion and did so w/out attacking you.

vers...I stated my opinion and did so without attacking you..why would you ever believe my response was directed at you..?

I stated my opinion and directed my criticism toward Stefanski...not you.

If someone has an opinion that is different than your opinion it does not mean you are being attacked. That is something you are trying manufacture out of thin air.

Last edited by mac; 12/02/22 01:09 PM.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I wasn't saying that about you, mac. Sorry I wasn't clear. I started reading posts from the dudes I have on ignore about a week and a half ago and let's just say the constant attacks have fueled some of my recent responses.

But, I will apologize. I know you were not attacking me. I should have been more clear. I don't agree w/your opinion of Stefanski, but I can respect it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I wasn't saying that about you, mac. Sorry I wasn't clear. I started reading posts from the dudes I have on ignore about a week and a half ago and let's just say the constant attacks have fueled some of my recent responses.

I understand that you consider being called out on your double standards is something you think is an attack. The victim mentality here has been obvious for a very long time now. I said that I thought you may be lying about reading our posts. Turns out I was right. Thanks for manning up with the truth.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg

That just plain sucks. How can someone like that be officiating at the highest level?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Embedding things from Facebook isn't possible here, but this is worth the click-through.

Some Browns fan infiltrated a Ravens Facebook group and over time was elevated to being an Admin of the page, at which time he changed the name of the group.
The name cannot be changed again for 28 days

https://www.facebook.com/angrybrown...BZKAC4gbXnYqYdtH7W9ZqD1QwAHJh14iPNG4mfRl

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

4 members like this: CapCity Dawg, PitDAWG, Ballpeen
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: GMdawg, PrplPplEater, Jester
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I have two thoughts on that:

#1 - Where in the hell is Ski on the issue? Both during the game and in the PC? If such was happening to Watt, Tomlin would be all over it and the NFL world would know about it.

#2 - When it repeatedly happens again, MG needs to grab the blocker and throw him to the ground...repeatedly. I'd rather he get a penalty for THAT than jumping offside on 3rd & 4.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Browns leadership is milqtoast. They are not only passive, they expect players to grin and bear things like this. KS had an opportunity to back his player earlier in the season with JJ3 who made an emotionally bone headed play. Instead he publicly questioned JJ3. As bad as that guy has been, he probably can't wait to get out of Cleveland.

But hey, according to Berry, JJ3 will have 6 more "opportunities" to see what he can do.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
Legend
I"m still ticked that nothing was done about that cheap shot on Walker......laying on the ground injured while Okorafor of the Steelers jumped on his back after the play was over. It was one filthy assault and nobody did a damn thing. All Stefanski said was "I will let the league handle those things".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Johnson's cap number is 13.5M for 2023 and if cut, the Browns would have 12.6M in dead cap going against the total cap for 2023. I would suspect that a trade is out of the question so the Browns either eat the money or JJ3 will be on the team in 2023.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Rish, I think you are incorrect about Stefanski publicly questioning JJ. It was JJ who shared the story. And what Stefanski did in that situation was exactly the kind of reaction you had been clamoring for.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Rish, I think you are incorrect about Stefanski publicly questioning JJ. It was JJ who shared the story. And what Stefanski did in that situation was exactly the kind of reaction you had been clamoring for.

I think this may be the second time I got this wrong. Not sure why I keep misremembering it. For some reason, I thought Stefanski didn't back him in his presser.

I'm not necessarily clamoring for that specifically. What I want to see in general is strong leadership across the board, from the FO to the coaching staff to the players. I think Stefanski is a smart guy. I think there is a lot to like there. I can see why people like him and want him to stay the coach of the Browns. For me, I don't see strong leader in his makeup. I think the players look at him as the guy who occasionally talks in front of the team, sets the schedule, makes announcements, and calls the offensive plays on Sunday. A figurehead. A guy manning a spot. A head coach in name. Not a guy to rally the troops, inspire them to play beyond their best, not someone they would run through a wall for.

The one positive I can see in retaining Stefanski is he can stay this kind of bland figurehead with Watson and get the most out of him while the players will start playing for Watson and themselves. If Watson makes the players believe they have a chance, I think we will see an uptick in performance. I also believe that if Watson is the leader he is advertised to be, the players will want to play for him. Let's face it, this season is evidence the players aren't playing for their coaching staff. That's not going to happen with this staff.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent

That just plain sucks. How can someone like that be officiating at the highest level?

At least we now have it in writing that the NFL refs subjectively apply the rules depending upon who you are.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News & Notes cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard