Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
He’s done enough to get sued by ex employees already.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-staff-as-elon-musk-begins-mass-sackings

Private companies have different rules than public companies. I'm curious to see where the company is registered.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Swish
has trump got his twitter back yet?

Trump has said he's not going back on Twitter since rumors of the sale started.

Elon Musk clarifies that Donald Trump and other banned accounts won't be allowed back on Twitter before the midterm elections, if at all
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-clarifies-donald-trump-164053151.html

Given the financial state of Truth Social, They may not have a choice. TS is a mess and may not survive Another Trump failure

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Allowing anyone to buy a blue checkmark might cause problems for Elon:

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
So much for the "free speech" part of Musk's claim.......

Comedian Kathy Griffin suspended from Twitter after mocking CEO Elon Musk

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...V6ms6G9drKSWGlL8dI9PbYLM-W7WRmthdkVcqjRY

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Elon Musk targets impersonators on Twitter after celebrities troll him

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/07/1134...MhU2_KTF9xiEroLVxOUCFKMK1uzBn4qDvpQg0gRQ

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So much for the "free speech" part of Musk's claim.......

Comedian Kathy Griffin suspended from Twitter after mocking CEO Elon Musk

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...V6ms6G9drKSWGlL8dI9PbYLM-W7WRmthdkVcqjRY

YES. Suspending people for impersonating others, something that has always been against Twitter policy, is silencing free speech.

lmao. It will be fun watching the Elon haters and their daily meltdowns. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I don't really care about Musk. Hell I'm not even on Twitter. It looks more like you are the one having an actual meltdown at this point. But since you are the one who brought up that it's "always been a Twitter policy". Before this people were first warned about such impersonations before it went to the point of being suspended. But not anymore....

Before Musk took over the company, Twitter had rules against impersonating other accounts “to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.” Parody or fan accounts were instructed to mark in their account name that they were separate from the account they were parodying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...sk-early-test-free-speech-rule-rcna55968

So on the surface you are correct that the rule wasn't changed, the automatic suspension punishment has changed.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
"Will be"?

It's been hilarious for some time now!

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Fair enough. Still struggling to see how that has anything to do with "free speech".

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure where the confusion lies with it. It seems as though he considers it fine to not be banned for spreading lies and misinformation. Personal attacks on people and politicians because it's a matter of free speech. But the minute you poke fun at him it's an immediate ban. It seems more as though he picks and chooses which free speech is allowed. It also make him look like a total snowflake.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Cool. You're probably a much deeper thinker than I am. I'm easily confused. It's hard for me to connect all the dots from banning impersonation to restricting free speech.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If the decision to automatically ban people for impersonating others hadn't happened at the exact same time as when they started to impersonating him, I could see your point. But it did which makes it obvious. You have no need to be a deep thinker to see that.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/10/22 12:03 AM.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Just to keep things factual, because it's this kind of stuff that spreads the most misinformation, @dBenShapiro is a known fake account.

And I am not saying your doing it intentionally OCD, just pointing out that the post is not real.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Just to keep things factual, because it's this kind of stuff that spreads the most misinformation, @dBenShapiro is a known fake account.

And I am not saying your doing it intentionally OCD, just pointing out that the post is not real.

You're good. That was the entire purpose of the post. Another fake or parody account posing as a real person with Elon's paid-for verification checkmark that is no longer an actual verification.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

F
Legend
Legend
F
So we can eliminate Twitter posts from the board again? smile

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
So we can eliminate Twitter posts from the board again? smile
I hope.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm good with that IF we also eliminate all non-nation-wide news sites, blogs, and 4chan-ish sources.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/10/22 11:12 PM.

F
Legend
Legend
F
I'm good with that IF we also eliminate all non-nation-wide news sites, blogs, and 4chan-ish sources.

I wouldn't care about that either. My main issue with twitter is it is usually commentary not news that gets posted. If people stuck the news type twits, it wouldn't be so bad. But, IMO, twits of someone responding or reposting someone else's twitter post, add nothing to a discussion other than to garner an emotional reaction, and usually a negative one at that.

And an honest question, since I don't use twitter I don't truly know. What is a "verified" account? Is it a reporter, a celebrity, or can it be anyone and it is just verified that it is who they claim they are?

Legend
Legend
jc

hey has elon musk finally delivered on free speech on twitter yet?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m not sure what the threshold is, but verified accounts typically have some sort of process and relate to celebrities, government officials or notable reporters and journalists.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Seems he has. Anybody can create an account with any name they choose and say anything they want for $8 a mo.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Seems he has. Anybody can create an account with any name they choose and say anything they want for $8 a mo.

$8 is not the definition of freedom.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

True. But that’s the price Elon put on it. Do you think trump will pay up to get back on Twitter?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I’m not sure what the threshold is,

It's $8 a month. It's simply a money generating tool. Obviously it in no way sets a threshold that actually works to verify who someone is.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I’m not sure what the threshold is,

It's $8 a month. It's simply a money generating tool. Obviously it in no way sets a threshold that actually works to verify who someone is.

Exactly. Twitter IMO is a cesspool of drooling fans following unverified hacks in many cases.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

True. But that’s the price Elon put on it. Do you think trump will pay up to get back on Twitter?

lol who knows bro, i keep asking conservatives similar questions since that's their boy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
lol who knows bro, i keep asking conservatives similar questions since that's their boy.

He'll be their boy until he isn't their boy anymore. I mean Liz Cheney used to be their girl too, remember?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Elon Musk tells Twitter employees ‘bankruptcy is not out of the question’

Two weeks after taking over Twitter, Elon Musk has finally addressed the company’s remaining staff and the message was bleak. Speaking at an all-hands meeting, Musk said that Twitter is losing so much money that “bankruptcy is not out of the question,” The Information and Platformer reported.

Twitter hasn’t turned a profit since 2019, and ad revenue has declined significantly since Musk’s takeover as advertisers pull back from the platform. At the all-hands, Musk said Twitter could have "net negative cash flow of several billion dollars” in 2023, according to The Information. He also suggested that Twitter’s future depends upon the success of the revamped Twitter Blue subscription service.

“The reason we’re going hardcore on subscribers is to keep Twitter alive,” he said.

Musk also told employees, again, that they are expected to work from Twitter’s office, a reversal of the company’s previous “work from anywhere” policy. “If you can physically make it to an office and you don’t show up, resignation accepted," he said, Platformer’s Zoe Schiffer, reported.

Twitter is also rapidly losing the top executives that survived Musk’s layoffs. The company’s chief information security officer, chief privacy officer and chief compliance officer all recently resigned, exposing the company to potential new FTC fines. And two other high-profile executives, head of trust and Safety Yoel Roth and VP of client solutions Robin Wheeler, also resigned on Thursday, Bloomberg reported. The two had joined Musk in a town hall meant to reassure Twitter’s advertisers just one day before.

Meanwhile, the roll out of the new Blue subscription has been rocky. After introducing — and quickly killing — a separate “official” checkmark, there’s been a surge in scammers and pranksters impersonating politicians, celebrities and brands. Musk reportedly told employees that rooting out scammers abusing the checkmark was a “top priority.”

We've reached out to Twitter for comment.

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-twitter-bankruptcy-215850492.html

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Not good!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Legend
Legend
Elon’s response………”That will be 8 bucks, thank you.”

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is the best news thing that could have happened.

Legend
Legend
Elon really putting out that libertarian beta male energy lately.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Elon really putting out that libertarian beta male energy lately.

hilariously inaccurate.

Legend
Legend
i think its accurate.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Here you go! Your chance to vote on if the traitor should be on Twitter or NOT.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/22 02:28 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
This whole Elon Musk Twitter thing is like a trainwreck in slow motion. I cant stop watching.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
M
Legend
Legend
M
52% For
48% Against

Close to 15MM voters. Never once voted for Trump or like his rhetoric but it's sad so many are against free speech on twitter yet was seemingly ok with heads of dictatorships of other countries speaking freely on that platform. Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Twitter Accepts Elon Musk’s Offer to Buy Company in $44 Billion Deal

Link Copied to Clipboard