Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by BpG
Watson phew that was ugly. Rusty is an under statement. Still saw flashes of what I expect to see. The Schwartz fumble play was what I expect, was a great play and of course Schwartz fumbled it, that dude sucks.

Very rusty with live speed and throwing mechanics, it was expected but it was more than I thought. A win is a win.

I know it doesn't matter because he did catch the ball, but he almost dropped that pass. He had to grab it a 2nd time after it initially bounced out of his hands.

He is also ass on special teams. If he has any dog in him, he would be begging for Jets sweep touches. If he has any fight in him he will get on the page with Watson to try and make a career, if he sucks like he has through the rest of this season he could be out of here. Dude is what in year two and already dealing with mental health issues on top of being an absolute liability.

Sounds harsh but he gone

Legend
Legend
Much like I expected, Watson was rusty and really didn't play very well.. I expect that to improve. He's got the skills,, just needs to get back to himself. Damn the D and ST came to play. But Cincy won't be the Texans.. They are way better.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Watson's play:

35% Rust.
65% Anxiety.

It'll pass.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent
Any word on if Buzbee and his entourage enjoyed the game?

Considering watson's performance I would guess they did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Weren't they up in a box? I didn't see anything about them on gameday. I think they went unnoticed. Can't make a public statement from a luxury box.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, anyone thinking that NFL coverage which is well paid for by the NFL would say anything about it would be an unrealistic expectation. Thay don't want another word said about it. Here is some coverage of the story though.

https://www.today.com/video/deshaun-watson-returns-to-nfl-faces-intense-boos-from-crowd-156225605535

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Exactly. They want this to go away, post-haste, so why draw more attention to it?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Actually, the networks have been extremely hard on Watson. ESPN in particular has slammed him for not talking about the case in public. Any one w/a brain knows he can't do that due to the legal repercussions, but that doesn't stop them. I am not going to get into a back and forth w/Pit and the others. Just saying this to you because you are actually objective.

I will add that I thought the crowd would be far more hostile. There were Houston fans wearing his jersey, asking for autographs, etc. The booing occurred, but it was subdued. I thought it would be crazy. It wasn't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jaybird
What a crazy game!

Good turnout of Browns fans at the game

Defense played well overall... that pick six was a great play! The fumble for TD really surprised me... need to see the reply, but Allen looked down from my angle...

DPJ TD was fantastic! Great timing as well...

Hunt and Chubb looked good... DW looked really rusty... he had a few flashes of his old self... but skipped several passes and overall looked like he was in preseason game 1... hoping he works some things out before next week

Hope you had a good time, I looked for a Browns fan in a Texans jersey behind the goal posts with a grin on their face smile

1 member likes this: jaybird
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I will add that I thought the crowd would be far more hostile. There were Houston fans wearing his jersey, asking for autographs, etc. The booing occurred, but it was subdued. I thought it would be crazy. It wasn't.

Long time beat report for the Houston Texans, now retired, John McClain, had said in the week(s) leading up to the game that he didn't expected a hostile crowd. He mentioned how Texans fans barely go to the games are more angry with ownership for putting out such a terrible product.

I'd suspect Cincy will be a more hostile environment, if for no other reason than to try and get in Watson's head in a big division game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/all you said.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Long time beat report for the Houston Texans, now retired, John McClain,

This time of year always has me cherishing all that he has done for this country.

#remember #NakatomiPlaza

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Long time beat report for the Houston Texans, now retired, John McClain,

This time of year always has me cherishing all that he has done for this country.

#remember #NakatomiPlaza

LMAO!

Also, it's not a Christmas movie.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes the media is being so mean to the sexual predator. He is now the victim, right? Hilarious.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Exactly. They want this to go away, post-haste, so why draw more attention to it?

They won't. Others will. It's like people believing the homogenized version of what actually went on at the stadium last Sunday. All one has to do is watch the video at the link I provided to see it wasn't as subdued as some have been led to believe.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Also, it's not a Christmas movie.

You're dead to me.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by jaybird
What a crazy game!

Good turnout of Browns fans at the game

Defense played well overall... that pick six was a great play! The fumble for TD really surprised me... need to see the reply, but Allen looked down from my angle...

DPJ TD was fantastic! Great timing as well...

Hunt and Chubb looked good... DW looked really rusty... he had a few flashes of his old self... but skipped several passes and overall looked like he was in preseason game 1... hoping he works some things out before next week

Hope you had a good time, I looked for a Browns fan in a Texans jersey behind the goal posts with a grin on their face smile

Had a blast! Got to see the team up close... saw Jimmy and Berry about 20 feet from me... and tried really hard not to look too happy when the Browns made plays... Great game from the ST and Defense!

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Long time beat report for the Houston Texans, now retired, John McClain, had said in the week(s) leading up to the game that he didn't expected a hostile crowd. He mentioned how Texans fans barely go to the games are more angry with ownership for putting out such a terrible product.

I'd suspect Cincy will be a more hostile environment, if for no other reason than to try and get in Watson's head in a big division game.

There were lots of boos in Houston and some pretty hilarious signs... but overall, not too hositle...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the first-hand look.
Posts like yours give real-time life to the storied we only get see , surface-level.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
rofl

Dad sold out to make that catch.
Sign him up. He''ll outperform Schwartz on Day One.

[/snark]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Sign him up...

Legend
Legend
Haha love that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Texans 14 postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard