Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1991637 12/10/22 12:28 PM
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
New Browns linebacker Reggie Ragland optimistic about his fit in Cleveland, unclear if he’ll play against Bengals

Published: Dec. 10, 2022, 6:01 a.m.

By Ashley Bastock, cleveland.com
BEREA, Ohio -- It’s unclear if newest Browns linebacker Reggie Ragland will make his debut against the Cincinnati Bengals this weekend, but he’ll be ready whenever the team makes that call.

“Ah s---, if they need me to now, I could go,” Ragland said on Friday. “I’ve been playing football a long time, so it’s really just mainly finding where you fit at in the scheme and understanding where the safeties and everything come down from. Once you know that aspect of it you really can just play ball and play fast. Whenever they call me I’m going to be ready.”

Ragland is entering a room that’s been decimated by injuries this season, but Cleveland wants to make sure he has a decent understanding of defensive coordinator Joe Woods’ scheme before sending him out there.

When coach Kevin Stefanski was asked about Ragland’s availability for the big division game this weekend, it seemed like the Browns are leaning more on the cautious side when it comes to his acclimation.

“He is probably still acclimating,” Stefanski said “This is a new system for him. Excited about where he is. He is very, very smart. He has done a nice job throughout this week, but want to make sure that he is continuing to understand our defense, our terminology and those type of things.”

Ragland is in his seventh NFL season. Originally a second-round pick by Buffalo in 2016, he’s appeared in 75 career games with 47 starts. He has registered 276 tackles, 3.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one interception throughout his career. He appeared in all 17 games with the Giants in 2021 and joined the Raiders’ practice squad this year before being signed by the Browns.

The Browns linebackers have taken a hit at the middle position in particular this season, with three different players suffering season-ending injuries at a spot that has unideally become a revolving door. Sione Takitaki was just the latest loss at the spot after transitioning to playing MIKE from SAM due to the injuries that came before him.

Click here to read more...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Click "YouTube link" below to view Reggie Ragland Film Room breakdown...

Last edited by mac; 12/10/22 12:43 PM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Oh a reminder of Taki Taki being out, I' will miss me some, another chance, to watch Taki Taki play, because he makes plays and hits hard.
A run stopper.
or ^ ... I meant.
I will miss me some Taki Taki. frown.
I will miss another chance to get to see Sione Taki Taki play well against the Bengals. frown.
And the talk about his newly signed replacement?? > is reminding me he will be out. frown.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
originally post by Rish from the locked thread.
Baker Mayfield is a bad QB who performs when expectations are low. No one expected him to play well or win the game. That's when Baker excels, ...

=========================

Baker, is a @uarterback I wasn't even paying attention to and can't get the Thursday night games anyway but at the watercooler at work, people came in and said "Baker got it done last night" He did it again
I said, did he do good or bad,
they said he had a ninety eight yard drive, the longest drive in the NFL this year,
I didn't even know he was on the Rams, or had been waived and signed.

Baker, is a @b, not a bad one, imo, who just won ANOTHER game, and who knows what's next,
and
like I said before, is the current winningest starting @b in Cleveland Browns stadium history, which he took from Ben Rothlisburger,
who else was going to do that???
Watson?? Pfff. who knows.

No one expected Baker to play well???
I kind of would have expected Baker to play well in the game, And win it, IF I had even known he were on that team or playing in their game,
even against any NFL team I can think of, yeah even the one that would come to your mind as unbeatable,
because that is what I think of Baker as a player,
He can beat anybody
because his CEILING is unlimited, and
if he gets on a roll, for the right 4 game stretch, then a team, in fact any NFL team could win the Whole freaking Super Bowl,
with Baker??

Not WITH Baker, but BECAUSE of Baker, that is what I think and expect of and from Baker Mayfield, and why wouldn't I, I mean, he's had a very public career as a football player, there has been a lot to see.

Label me a Fabulous Baker Boy? sure, right on, Woo, worth another watch next week. Who knows what is next.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mac
New Browns linebacker Reggie Ragland optimistic about his fit in Cleveland, unclear if he’ll play against Bengals

Published: Dec. 10, 2022, 6:01 a.m.

By Ashley Bastock, cleveland.com
BEREA, Ohio -- It’s unclear if newest Browns linebacker Reggie Ragland will make his debut against the Cincinnati Bengals this weekend, but he’ll be ready whenever the team makes that call.

“Ah s---, if they need me to now, I could go,” Ragland said on Friday. “I’ve been playing football a long time, so it’s really just mainly finding where you fit at in the scheme and understanding where the safeties and everything come down from. Once you know that aspect of it you really can just play ball and play fast. Whenever they call me I’m going to be ready.”

Ragland is entering a room that’s been decimated by injuries this season, but Cleveland wants to make sure he has a decent understanding of defensive coordinator Joe Woods’ scheme before sending him out there.

When coach Kevin Stefanski was asked about Ragland’s availability for the big division game this weekend, it seemed like the Browns are leaning more on the cautious side when it comes to his acclimation.

“He is probably still acclimating,” Stefanski said “This is a new system for him. Excited about where he is. He is very, very smart. He has done a nice job throughout this week, but want to make sure that he is continuing to understand our defense, our terminology and those type of things.”

Ragland is in his seventh NFL season. Originally a second-round pick by Buffalo in 2016, he’s appeared in 75 career games with 47 starts. He has registered 276 tackles, 3.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and one interception throughout his career. He appeared in all 17 games with the Giants in 2021 and joined the Raiders’ practice squad this year before being signed by the Browns.

The Browns linebackers have taken a hit at the middle position in particular this season, with three different players suffering season-ending injuries at a spot that has unideally become a revolving door. Sione Takitaki was just the latest loss at the spot after transitioning to playing MIKE from SAM due to the injuries that came before him.

Click here to read more...

Sean McVay managed to get a washed-up, back-up QB ready to play a primetime game in approx 48 hours...but we can't get a veteran, backup LB - one of only two we prefer to play - ready after a week?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Report: Cameron Jordan, Saints Fined $550K for Allegedly Faking Injury vs. Buccaneers

The NFL has fined the New Orleans Saints $550,000 after defensive end Cameron Jordan allegedly faked an injury in Monday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

The Saints were fined $350,000, while Jordan ($50,000), defensive line coach Ryan Nielsen ($50,000) and head coach Dennis Allen ($100,000) picked up individual fines.

Jordan discussed the punishment Saturday on Twitter:

The incident took place midway through the fourth quarter as the Buccaneers were hurrying to the line of scrimmage on a 4th-and-10. Jordan went down with an injury, forcing a stoppage, and the Bucs then punted instead of trying to convert the fourth down.

According to Florio, cameras captured Jordan "receiving direction" from the sideline to go down with an injury.

Tampa Bay won 17-16 on a last-second touchdown pass by Tom Brady.

The NFL released a memo last Friday stating it would fine players, coaches and teams for faking injuries, calling them "deliberate actions to delay the game."

In Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals defensive back Jessie Bates III seemingly faked an injury to help his team complete a substitution. Bates was also fined $50,000 on Saturday, per Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

On Monday, several fans called out Jordan for apparently doing the same:

It's clear the league office felt the same and levied the fine against the player, the coaching staff and the organization.

It could be difficult for the NFL to prove injuries are not genuine, but the league is taking steps to reduce these attempts to get a competitive advantage.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...or-allegedly-faking-injury-vs-buccaneers

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think it was the same thing with Jones as well. Add in all the guys that don't play that when forced into action play better than the guys in front of them and well....this staff is the worst.

There will be so much optimism going into next year and Stefanski will be below average, he'll get fired at the end of the year, and it will be another wasted year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Given the way the rules of the NFL so much favor the offenses I kind of favor the defenses' right to stop play, to allow a substitution.
I mean
with the fake bumps that DON'T even drive a grown man, a grown man, to the turf, when the defender LET's up still being called roughing the passer
and with all of the penalties resulting in automatic Ist downs
and
none of them resulting in an automatic change of possession, or automaticly force a punt, or even automatic 4th down,

then this is the least they can do to accommodate defenses
or there is not even the illusion of fair play.

BUT, it is deception, which is wrong, but then the league is also wrong, to not let proper substitutions happen.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I remember when Ragland was highly thought of in college. Classic, old-style, run-stuffing LBer. I think injuries have really hurt his career, plus most teams are looking for smaller, faster LBers who can be used more in the passing game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Roll Tide!

Legend
Legend
The absence of Taki is going to hurt IMO. He has been a solid guy for us and is one of our more reliable defenders

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
The absence of Taki is going to hurt IMO. He has been a solid guy for us and is one of our more reliable defenders

I agree...unlike our defensive "Leaders" (meaning leaders on payday) his play on the filed talks much better than the others' constant bloviating and self-promotion in press conferences.

V
Legend
Legend
V
...constant bloviating and self-promotion in press conferences.

Why bring up Baker? He's in Char....errr.....LA right now.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I remember when Ragland was highly thought of in college. Classic, old-style, run-stuffing LBer. I think injuries have really hurt his career, plus most teams are looking for smaller, faster LBers who can be used more in the passing game.

Didn't I read that the Browns defense had an issue with stopping "the run"..?

Something about the Browns defense ranking near the bottom of the NFL in yards allowed or stopping the run...something like that.

Maybe the Browns could use a "run stuffing" LB like Ragland and maybe they will get lucky and the aging Ragland can give us a few decent games...who knows...

Last edited by mac; 12/11/22 10:52 AM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
To a truly good guy...

Legend
Legend
Good point willie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
...constant bloviating and self-promotion in press conferences.

Why bring up Baker? He's in Char....errr.....LA right now.

Who was it you accused of trashing every thread with Baker again?

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Who was it you accused of trashing every thread with Baker again?

rofl

You seriously can't make this crap up. While name calling and poking fun at others mental acuity. What's next? We should have a poll!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Unreal.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
Very sad news. Way too young. ☹️

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's tragic news. Damn!

Here is something from the opposite spectrum. It warmed my heart and was delivered by a cancer survivor.

2 members like this: FATE, ScottPlayersFacemask
R
Legend
Legend
R
That was friggin' awesome.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
I love stuff like that!

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow. That's crazy.

Legend
Legend
Great story and clip about Reaves

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jake Paul? WTH?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't signed to be a player but still something I found unusual...

Boxer Jake Paul signs contract with Browns, shares video with exec. JW Johnson

While we are not sure what the contract is for, boxer Jake Paul shared this video that includes Cleveland Browns owner/executive J.W. Johnson about signing with the team. Paul has wanted to play football for the team and shared a short clip with Johnson holding up Paul's team jersey.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/...s_t7dILDT_sGGAZHCiXPUxCV8bAZZ0oyGnxihdEo

WATCH: Cleveland Browns Sign Boxer Jake Paul to a Contract

In today's weird world, the Cleveland Browns have signed entertainer and boxer Jake Paul to a contract.

In an interesting development on the day before Christmas Eve, the Cleveland Browns have signed media personality and boxer Jake Paul to a contract. Yes, you read that right.

Paul took to Twitter to show himself in a Browns' uniform. The team's executive vice president JW Johnson made the call with Paul to inform him.

This obviously isn't anything from a football standpoint, Paul is not going to be suiting up. Looking at it as a marketing technique from both sides, as Paul also hails from Cleveland.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/watch-cleveland-browns-sign-boxer-jake-paul-to-a-contract

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What is the point of this chicanery??

Sign a one day contract, retire a Cleveland Brown, donate a bunch of money to charity?

That's about the only feasible scenario I can comes up with -- and it still stinks of "amateur".

Weird as hell for a professional football team.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: lampdogg, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
on the official team page, or on his personal page for humor?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I really don't get the Jake Paul thing. Is it some sort of a joke?

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm trying to understand it as well.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I'm trying to understand it as well.

Well maybe there is some genius master marketing that none of us are yet aware of. Or maybe this is the Browns being the Browns. It's very odd. Maybe it's a nothing burger.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
i can't think of a viable reason for that.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Is Jake Paul already a better TE than H. Bryant, and a better DE than C. Winovich?
nah wink eeehh,

Legend
Legend

“The NFL has determined that the NFL did nothing wrong.” — The NFL, after an NFL investigation.

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
What is the point of this chicanery??

Sign a one day contract, retire a Cleveland Brown, donate a bunch of money to charity?

That's about the only feasible scenario I can comes up with -- and it still stinks of "amateur".

Weird as hell for a professional football team.

That "press conference" with J-Dubs and Jake Paul may be one of the most cringeworthy videos I have ever witnessed. I was getting embarrassed for them.

My guess is that J-Dubs is trying to appeal to the younger Browns fan that is shifting their attention and dollars towards the Cavs and Guardians. He knows the older generation isn't going anywhere no matter how bad the team is but is losing the younger crowd. J-Dubs hatches brilliant plan to marry a popular and local social media influencer with the Browns brand to connect with the younger Browns fan.

He proceeds to concoct an embarrassingly bad roll out with fake press conference, dumb and awkward dialogue, no doubt thinking he hit a HR because nobody on the Browns social media team had it in them to tell J-Dubs this a horrible idea that will certainly miss the mark, which it does.

The following day, naturally, Jake Paul posts a video of himself boxing a 2 ft tall penis.

I can't think of anything more Browns than that to close out another losing season!

1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
Scary stuff for Tua

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The following day, naturally, Jake Paul posts a video of himself boxing a 2 ft tall penis.

I’m going to assume the 2 ft tall penis won with a hard jab. catfight

(Refs, please don’t lock me up. I haven’t experienced DT jail time yet.) 😇

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard