Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
Last week Titans owner Amy Adams fired GM John Robinson
She was willing to eat the remaining years of his contract.
The Tirans were defeated in the playoffs last year.
Then last week defeated by the Bengals again.

Robinson hit on some draft picks but he gave horrible
Contracts to guys like Julio Jones, Vic Beasly and Jadevon
Clowney. He traded his 2nd best weapon on offense
To the Eagles.

Steve Keim in Arizona is failing as a GM. The Cards will miss
The playoffs again under his leadership

Now back to Andrew Berry. The Browns will miss
The playoffs again with him as GM.
Where has he shown in his NFL front office career
That he made a team better?
Is his feet on his desk now and he is saying
" the future is bright"
It's funny he hasn't said much to the media as of
Late. He needs to be worried about his job
His drafts are void of difference makers.
He gave up the farm to get a QB who never took
The Texans to the SB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
From the owner to the waterboy, all should be fired!

[Linked Image from acegif.com]

T
Legend
Legend
T
Maybe u need to go over some numbers
I'm sure the analytic numbers would show ...
guardrails mean you only get 20 year old players in the first round
and a player 2 inches longer in reach must be better than one who can actually play well
I mean
analytics
right? I mean,
We have players who don't do touchdown dances, even when they score
and,
I'd bet one of the two Owners was put off by the TD celebrations of past years
and didn't want anymore of that on the team,
by the way, I mean, a player is a player right? I mean,
if they are both in the NFL, it doesn't matter which one eventually ends up on your team
get over it, I mean, fans will get over it,
fans will take what we give them, maybe? Is that the thinking?

Be a fan, Be happy. Be happy with the 3rd and 4th round pic choices of the last 4 plus years
and take more of it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
It’s legitimate question. Results don’t lie.

Are this roster better than our team from 2020? I’m not so sure.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Berry has four more opportunities to show what kind of GM he is.

T
Legend
Legend
T
You know the Browns beat the titans in 2020,
and where was Andrew Berry then? I think he was the Browns GM, so, obviously we should ignore everything that has happened since
besides... look at how shiny the off season is going to be.
I'm sure the newspaper reporters can put a shiny finish on whatever spin the organization forces them to endorse.

Wheee, be a fan, be a Browns fan, we can't wait until, ... This Year.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Floquinho
It’s legitimate question. Results don’t lie.

Are this roster better than our team from 2020? I’m not so sure.

That question should be presented to Berry. He's been the GM for 3 years and last I checked, it has been his responsibility to improve the team each and every year. If the thought is that Berry has improved the team, then that means there's been a failure somewhere else since the team has gotten worse each year. So, who's responsible for the regression of the team from the HC on up? However, if Berry has failed in his job to improve the team each year, then it's time he is held accountable for his failures.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
I
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I
The best players from this team are From the Dorsey years.
Garrett was a Sashi pick. But anybody that follows football
Could have drafted Garrett. None of Berry's draft picks
Are setting the league on fire. Too many of his draft
Choices are wait and see. Look at the team the Browns
Played today. Duke Tobin has nailed some draft picks
That's how they got to the SB and are probably playoff
Bound this year. Yet the Bengals got laughed at for a
Small scouting department.well it's working .

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Fire Kevin Stefanski, fire Joe Woods, fire AVP, fire Preiffer, fire Andrew Berry, and
FIRE PAUL DEPODESTA.

Do it now before this lasts any longer. Stop wasting time.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/11/22 10:56 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Legend
Legend
R
A lot of it is common sense and general competence.

The Browns are more like..."if winds are blowing out of the southeast at less than 15 mph and we are on the road and it's the second half of the season and we are playing a team with an animal as mascot, the waffle house sheet says there is a 50.01% chance that a hail Mary is the way to go"...

1 member likes this: DawgPound75
L
Legend
Legend
L
I've said this all year, while its easy to point at the chef's, if you're shopping at Aldi's for ingredients, its going to be hard to make a michelin star meal. Berry has taken this team and set them back. Gave ward 100million to get beat like a drum week in and week out. Given extension to Teller/chubb are no brainers, any idiot can do that and would have. I think for this thing to move forward, you have to rid yourself of Depo and Berry. Get a guy like Arians or Payton and let them build your FO and coaching staffs. Proven winners.. Where has Berry or Depo every been winners at where they were direct responsible for the results. Same goes for our coaching staff.. One, Callahan. We are mired in mediocrity and we are at a critical point in this organization where we have a window to get where we need to. Nothing about this staff says they can do it. It sucks but its the reality.. No other staff has been given this kind of time with these kind of results. Time to move on

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I think we definitely need something to change. I’m not a “fire them” type guy, but we need something to shake up.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
What's this? You gotta be kidding me. All of you will be singing his praises next year and won't remember a thing that happened in the long term other than Berry got you, DW. Y'all will be building him a statue, according to some.

Some of us knew early on this was a throw-away year. Others argued we had a chance. Brissett made me start believing we had a chance. But it wasn't in the cards, and that brings me back to where I started, thinking this season would be a waste, and it was. I'm good with that and hope DW plays to his potential next year, and we ride him right into the playoffs. But I don't see anybody being fired this year, with the possible exception of Woods. I'm pretty sure the FO took their best shot, knowing this year that the high percentage odds were it would be a throw-away year. If they're good with that to get Watson, they most likely expected we would be too. At least, that was probably their thinking. And really, all teams catch flack in the offseason in some way. So they're used to it in the FO.

I sure hope next year is everything it has the potential to be, regardless of who is or isn't here.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/11/22 11:38 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
If the organization is serious with the accountability then some of them has to go.

Either Berry show some leadership and fire most of his coaching staff and that includes Kevin Stefanski. He needs to send a message that those who underperform season after season has no place in this organization. It’s probably unfair to label Ski as a failure but it’s either him or Berry himself.

The other option is to keep our HC and fire Andrew Berry and Depo. Give Stefanski another season with Watson but make other changes in our coaching staff.

The Browns breathes mediocrity from top to bottom and that includes local journalists, a few YouTubers and some of our supporters. After every loss all we hear is excuses and bla bla bla. It’s like a mantra of finding explanations for everything and nothing. Sometimes the answer is simple. Some has it other not.

Ask yourself if you think Andrew Berry and Depo has was it takes to turn this around.
It’s either those two or our coaches.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expect changes is for fools.

Legend
Legend
Berry has a body of work in the draft, and it isn't pretty. How many years is he supposed to get?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
Berry has a body of work in the draft, and it isn't pretty. How many years is he supposed to get?

He definitely will get 1 more. Watson is rusty and that will be gone next year

The Broens brass knew this year was a throw away as soon as he was suspended for the longer sentence.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
AB and the rest of the staff have to aggressively work on acquiring players to strengthen our weaknesses whether it be a trade, the draft or FA. If we see they are not trying to get DT's a LB a WR etc. then we can expect more of the same next year. And we can't afford to have our D play lousy until the 8th game anymore. Something has to be done with Joe Woods. I don't like to see people get fired but we can't have that happen a 3rd year in a row. With our D playing well from game 1 this year our record would be reversed or possibly better. It sickens me to have to talk about this every year except the one year a decade we make the playoffs. I'd like to be on this forum every year talking about our playoff scenarios.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

The Broens brass knew this year was a throw away as soon as he was suspended for the longer sentence.

What kind of GM and HC says to themselves that the season is a "throw away" when a player is suspended or injured weeks before the first game of the season is even played? If that idea was even assumed to be thought by this HC and FO, then they all need to be fired. What you're saying is that no one in the FO or the coaching staff will assume any responsibility for this season results because it was just a throw away campaign that was acceptable to the owner. I read this BS on the forum, and I think to myself, these same people question my team loyalty, yet they are willing acceptors of the excuse that it was a just another throw away season? What if Watson gets hurt in the first game next year - is that going to be just another throw away season? What if it's Chubb, or Bitonio and Teller, Cooper or a Garrett - will that give everybody another free pass again because it was just another throw away season? When is somebody going to be accountable for the actual results of a team that was deemed a playoff contender the last 2-years and disappointed? Last year was a throw away season because the Browns had an injured QB that played like crap and was never benched. Berry, the HC, and FO decided to fix that problem. This year, it's another throw away season because the Browns franchise QB that they "KNEW," I repeat "KNEW," was going to be suspended back in March anywhere from 4-17 games and wouldn't be able to play gave them the right to classify 2022 as just another "Throw Away Season" before a single game had been played? What will next year's excuse be because I'm confident that it's already being thought up!

Last year, the Browns finished up with 3 less wins and 4 more losses than the 2020 playoff team. In 2022, the Browns must win 3 of their final 4 games (with 3 of those games against playoff contenders) to even meet last year's crappy record. Right now, that is not looking to be a very likely scenario. Think about this people, there are only 2 teams in the entire AFC with less wins than the Browns (Houston & Indpls). It's so disgusting that the bottom dweller Jets and Lions both have more wins than the Browns currently and the continually rebuilding Jaguars, who have had the top pick in the draft 2-years running, have just as many wins as the Browns. With that, people are accepting the excuse that this was just a throw away season with no one to be held accountable and everything will be great because next year we will finally be Super Bowl contenders - not without some serious changes from the top down the Browns won't.

Last edited by steve0255; 12/12/22 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling

4 members like this: DawgPound75, Floquinho, mgh888
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by steve0255

What kind of GM and HC says to themselves that the season is a "throw away" when a player is suspended or injured weeks before the first game of the season is even played? If that idea was even assumed to be thought by this HC and FO, then they all need to be fired. What you're saying is that no one in the FO or the coaching staff will assume any responsibility for this season results because it was just a throw away campaign that was acceptable to the owner. I read this BS on the forum, and I think to myself, these same people question my team loyalty, yet they are willing acceptors of the excuse that it was a just another throw away season? What if Watson gets hurt in the first game next year - is that going to be just another throw away season? What if it's Chubb, or Bitonio and Teller, Cooper or a Garrett - will that give everybody another free pass again because it was just another throw away season? When is somebody going to be accountable for the actual results of a team that was deemed a playoff contender the last 2-years and disappointed? Last year was a throw away season because the Browns had an injured QB that played like crap and was never benched. Berry, the HC, and FO decided to fix that problem. This year, it's another throw away season because the Browns franchise QB that they "KNEW," I repeat "KNEW," was going to be suspended back in March anywhere from 4-17 games and wouldn't be able to play gave them the right to classify 2022 as just another "Throw Away Season" before a single game had been played? What will next year's excuse be because I'm confident that it's already being thought up!

Last year, the Browns finished up with 3 less wins and 4 more losses than the 2020 playoff team. In 2022, the Browns must win 3 of their final 4 games (with 3 of those games against playoff contenders) to even meet last year's crappy record. Right now, that is not looking to be a very likely scenario. Think about this people, there are only 2 teams in the entire AFC with less wins than the Browns (Houston & Indpls). It's so disgusting that the bottom dweller Jets and Lions both have more wins than the Browns currently and the continually rebuilding Jaguars, who have had the top pick in the draft 2-years running, have just as many wins as the Browns. With that, people are accepting the excuse that this was just a throw away season with no one to be held accountable and everything will be great because next year we will finally be Super Bowl contenders - not without some serious changes from the top down the Browns won't.

I wish that ^ would fit in my signature.

M
Legend
Legend
M
A lot of very valid football points made. Be nice to have a discussion about them instead of simply being called a Fabulous Baker Fanboy and discussion dismissed.

I think the reality is no matter how damning the reality of the last two years, KS is going to get a year with Watson. No matter what this year folks are going to simy say DW is knocking off the rust. Next year the pressure should be on the team week 1 to make a very deep play off run, no excuses.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
He will be if the Watson trade doesn't work out and the Browns don't make the playoffs next season. His seat should at least be warm.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
A lot of very valid football points made. Be nice to have a discussion about them instead of simply being called a Fabulous Baker Fanboy and discussion dismissed.

I think the reality is no matter how damning the reality of the last two years, KS is going to get a year with Watson. No matter what this year folks are going to simy say DW is knocking off the rust. Next year the pressure should be on the team week 1 to make a very deep play off run, no excuses.

I am not sure if it was this thread or another, but Stefanski will get to next year, but he won't get out with a slow start.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a deep playoff run, or even the playoffs for that matter, at least at this point. While you say no excuses, I think you are smart enough to know there might be legit reasons why the playoffs might not be made or a deep run not realistic.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Watson is rusty and that will be gone next year

How, precisely, will it magically be gone?

He's been here since March. He had all of the minicamps, voluntary practices, all of training camp, and preseason. He has all the money in the world to bring in a few out of work WRs to work on his passing. so balls don't end up in the dirt.
He had exactly the same amount of offseason as he will have coming up.... so, which part of it will be the magic difference?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Jester
B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

Also, how does anybody know that Berry isn't on a hot seat? Nobody knows what kind of conversations are being conducted in private.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Why isn't Andrew Berry on the hot seat?
Because of the well-choreographed effort by the front office, with help from the media and the talking heads, to the well-publicized "feud" between Baker and OBJ in which OBJ was declared the clear winner.. all has led to the singular conclusion that the biggest problem, dare I say the ONLY problem, with the Browns for the last 2 years, was Baker Mayfield. So until Berry and Stefanski fail with a different QB of their choosing, they will continue to avoid scrutiny.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
JC

Also, how does anybody know that Berry isn't on a hot seat? Nobody knows what kind of conversations are being conducted in private.
This is true within the organization... but among the talking heads and those who get paid to stir up crap, nobody is casting any blame at all for the Browns failings toward either Berry or Stefanski.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes, there are some things that could happen that impact "deep play off run - no excuses".... But they are slim and few.

Purple and DC (in addition to Steve) have hit nails on heads with their comments. Personally I think 3rd "live, full speed" game is going to tell us an awful lot about the ability of Watson and his ability to take 2 years off and come back and be elite. And Stefanski's and Berry's career's rest on Watson starting 2023 as an elite QB and the Browns winning and going to the play offs. "We have to play better and I have to coach better" is not going to fly next year for ANYONE. It doesn't fly for a whole lot of us now.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Excuses were made totally for not having an elite QB in 2021. Excuses in 2022 (according to this thread) are based on not having the elite QB, again. The FO and HC has had (by the start of next season) 3-years to identify any weak spots, develop top of the line backups, and address those weak spots all before the start of next season. Anyone laying the groundwork to keep this FO/HC and still try to maintain an out for another season of regression as having a legit reason is laughable. If the Bengals can go from 4 wins in 2020 to the Super Bowl in 2021 to the playoffs again in 2022 starting with less talent than the Browns had in 2020, then it is inexcusable for the Browns ownership to except anything less than a strong playoff run in 2023. The NFL is and always has been about winning, period. No other franchise in the NFL has a team with the playoff potential that the Browns have that has failed miserably 2 straight years in a row with people still saying the FO/HC should be retained due to the team's potential. I noticed that San Francisco lost not only their starting QB but their backup to season ending injuries and they are still winning and fighting for not only a playoff spot but the division crown. The NYJets have spent most of the year without their starter either due to injury or performance and are now playing their 3rd team QB and have 2 more wins than the Browns. It's time to hold someone accountable for their results.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't think KS or AB are going anywhere as of now and I don't think they should. However, with DW here right from the 1st game next year and upgrades made to weak positions, hopefully, there is no excuse next year for this team to be considered a legit playoff contender and win a couple of playoff games barring a plethora of injuries. No EXCUSES next year!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/12/22 01:48 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's weird to be a team's message board where those who support the team are chastised and those that trash the team because they chose one player over the team dominate the conversations and they all pat each other on the back about how smart they are.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no way of knowing for sure, by the talk of the town down here is that there was more going on behind the scene than is being told.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Any successful organization needs a winner at some level. Some teams have the needed winning mentality on two three maybe all levels. It could be one or several player, coaches or the GM.

KCC has GM Brett Veach and HC Andy Reid. Star QB P Mahones and star TE T Kelce. All proven winners who delivers year after year without excuses.
Buffalo Bills has GM Brandon Beane and HC Sean McDermott. Star QB Josh Allen and star WR Stefon Diggs. All performing at expectation year after year without excuses.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers had luck and got star QB Tom Brady fallen from the sky and viola(french), guess what, they won a SB. No excuses whatsoever. one season and Boom.

I can go on but my point is who’s our guy who can elevate us to the next level?

Is Andrew Berry a man who knows how to build a SB winning team? After 3 seasons as a GM where is the signs he’s an elite GM?

Kev Stefanski. One acceptable season (2020) and almost two seasons of failure. (2021 and soon 2022) I accept he’s a decent play caller but is he good enough to transform the Browns to be a serial winning team who get to the play off year after year? Any evidence from his previous years or just wishful thinking?

QB DeShaun Mr Happy Ending Watson. Our $230m guy who according to a few experts on this forum can walk on water. (cough cough…no needs for name) Having excellent stats is one thing but to take your team to the SB is a different animal. Any evidence from his earlier career that’s he’s that winner or do we just rely on his stats and hope for the best? I mean is a guy who’s lying to a judge and has a suspicious track record dealing with women someone who has what it takes? It’s a legitimate question because at the top it’s full storm when you get there.

Who in our organization has that precious winning mentality that transform this team to go from talented to actual winners.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
JC

This is true within the organization... but among the talking heads and those who get paid to stir up crap, nobody is casting any blame at all for the Browns failings toward either Berry or Stefanski.

This is 100% not true.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I don't understand this whole conversation.

Nobody knows the scrutiny Berry faces behind closed doors.

Every GM lives in the hot seat... it's part of the job description.

It's almost as if some fans want a media narrative (which will only complicate the team's current issues) to verify their own bias.

Like, you'll feel smarter if the media jumps on a "fire Berry!" narrative?

Bizarre.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

If Andrew Berry is on the hot seat..the entire Harvard cabal should be on notice, too.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
It's weird to be a team's message board where those who support the team are chastised and those that trash the team because they chose one player over the team dominate the conversations and they all pat each other on the back about how smart they are.

I agree. It's weird to be on a Browns message, being a Browns fan, while stating facts about the current players, yet be attacked as a Baker fan boy for the simple reason I don't BASH Baker, 24 times a day.

Weird.

Hey, you know it IS possible to be a Browns fan and at the same time not hate the qb that isn't here, right?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Preiffer lost us 2 games with ST bungles, Stefanski lost us 1 (Jets), some people blame Woods, but either way it was coaching. Why would you fire the GM?

Legend
Legend
Look at his draft picks

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As far as Berry goes, look no further than his DT selection. In 2021, the Browns had the worst defensive interior line in the entire NFL. Berry went out and replaced both the DT's during the off season. Fast forward to 13 games into the 2022 season and Berry's recruits at DT are dead last in the NFL, again. How about waiving Chase McLaughlin? In 2021, McLaughlin made 71.4% of his FG's and 97.3% of his extra points. The Browns (Berry) decided to draft Cade York in the 4th round to shore up the kicking issues. Fast forward to 2022 and 13 weeks complete and York has made 76.9% of his FG's a slight improvement over McLaughlin 2021 and 93.3% of his Extra points. Meanwhile, Mclaughlin moved on to the Colts where he has made 81.5% of his FG's and 100% of his extra points - both of which is better than what his replacement York is performing in Cleveland. Can you say, 'Another swing and a miss by Berry!"

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
12 wins to 5
Your fired don't bother to pack I am calling a moving truck

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Why isn't Andrew Berry on the hot seat?

Link Copied to Clipboard