FATE #1997645 01/05/23 04:15 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

y R dEy tAlKiNg aBoUt PeEpLe sAyvInG HiZ lYfE ?!?!

Listening to the PC with the doctors from UC, they are emphatic in stating that the timeliness and decisiveness is the direct reason we're having positive discussion today. They say that if minutes, or even mere seconds, passed without Damar receiving this care, we would be having a much different conversation today.

Also... when recounting Damar's communication...

He asked "Did we win?"
One of our partners responded: "Yes, you won Damar... you won the game of life".

bUt gOoDeLl !!!!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again your focus seems to me more about me than Damar. Well done! Some peoples priority lists are all out of whack and they keep proving it with each passing post they make.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997651 01/05/23 04:24 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Once again your focus seems to me more about me than Damar. Well done! Some peoples priority lists are all out of whack and they keep proving it with each passing post they make.

LOL.........I think it is quite evident that you want all the focus on you. Gotta feed that fragile ego.

V
Legend
Legend
V

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you talk about others forming a gang. And here you are averting your attention away from Damar and directing it toward me. You all must be so proud of yourselves. I hope you all realize that wasn't my decision but your own. Once again deflecting blame. It's your trademark.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997656 01/05/23 04:30 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I focus on ridiculous arguments and positions and showcase why they are ridiculous arguments and positions. I can't help if, more often than not, they are yours.

But you can.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Ballpeen, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Lol. I knew that would be his first question... knew it!

Years ago we were playing baseball on a playground. We designated a tetherball post as the foul pole lol. My buddy is racing back to make a Willie Mays style catch and meets the foul pole at full speed as the ball hits his glove. Down and OUT. An EMS worker happened to be playing with us... as he races over and starts to check vitals, Mike starts to wake up...

Eyes pop wide open, he looks around at everyone staring down at him... "Did I make the catch??"

"Yes Mike, you made the catch." (he did) 🤣

As this whole thing has played out, I expected nothing less than Damar's passion for the game to shine through once he was responsive. And like you said, strange as it may sound, he was in the perfect place at the perfect time. Truth be told, if there is any underlying condition that may have led to this, this may be his life's biggest blessing.

I'm all-in on this continuing down the road to a fairytale ending. A full recovery for Damar and his Bills hoisting the trophy in his honor. What could be sweeter than that after walking the razor's edge of the ultimate football tragedy?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, more than the tragedy facing Damar. There is nothing silly about a corporation putting out a CYA memo they know the public will see. It happens all the time. It happened this time. Fabricating a scenario in your own mind doesn't change that. Even if you disagree with that, no matter how hard you try to make it personal, it isn't some ridiculous argument. It's a common occurrence that looks very similar to this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
FATE #1997665 01/05/23 05:40 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good story about Mike. I love that kinda stuff.

Also, I think a lot of people [me included] are w/you on hoping for that Fairy Tale ending.

1 member likes this: FATE
PitDAWG #1997668 01/05/23 05:59 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yeah, all it did was talk about what a great job the NFL did with its medical staff without mentioning anything about the condition of or good wishes to Hamlin. And of course those claims that they had no idea the memo would become public. How many ways can you say gullible?

It wasn't the nfl's medical staff. It was a Bills assistant athletic trainer.

And yet you need the nfl, with very little knowledge of the seriousness, to mention his condition, and good wishes????

V
Legend
Legend
V
Classy move.

Legend
Legend
Saw this earlier today... Higgins was seen at the hospital, arm in arm with his mother, shortly after the game. Hamlin's family has embraced his healing process as well. Class, class and more class.

'I'm in a good place': Tee Higgins speaks for first time since MNF, in contact with Damar Hamlin's mom

CINCINNATI — Bengals receiver Tee Higgins said he's "in a good place" following a positive update on Damar Hamlin's health.

Higgins was the last person to have contact with Hamlin before he went into cardiac arrest. While the Buffalo Bills safety is still in critical condition at UC Medical Center, doctors said Hamlin is awake and his neurological function is intact. He has been able to hold and grip his family's hands and communicate with doctors through writing.

Hamlin's mother spoke with Higgins Thursday to tell him the good news.

"She's telling me that she's thinking of me, praying for me and things like that ... telling me that he's OK, just all the good, positive stuff," Higgins said. "Just knowing that he's OK, he's doing better, makes me feel better inside."

Hamlin's family has been outspoken in their support of Higgins, joining NFL players in calling for any criticism of him to stop. Bills quarterback Josh Allen also made a statement at the end of his press conference telling people not to attack Higgins, saying, "I hope he doesn't hold that upon himself."

Family members said Higgins has been in contact with them since Hamlin went to the hospital.
"Obviously it's been hard, just because I had something to do with the play ... but everybody's been making me feel whole again," Higgins said.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/footbal...contact-with-damar-hamlins-mom?_amp=true

FATE #1997687 01/05/23 08:10 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Classy move by the family. On the other hand, it's pretty disgusting that some folks are trashing Higgins. He didn't do anything wrong.

Legend
Legend
People are whack. I don't know how anyone could formulate a scenario where Higgins was at fault.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Thank goodness Damar is showing such great signs of improvement. I had a really hard time sleeping that night. I’m so relieved at these signs of improvement.

I know the toy drive means a lot to Damar, but given the huge amount of money coming in, I wonder if he might consider a new one with some of that money, with an expectation for it to grow immensely, for getting defibrillators for every sports venue in the country. Every high school, middle school, etc. Talk about an opportunity for a life saving mission!

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Classy move by the family. On the other hand, it's pretty disgusting that some folks are trashing Higgins. He didn't do anything wrong.

No doubt. Bart Scott is trash.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
4 members like this: PitDAWG, jfanent, FATE
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's great news!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V

B
Legend
Legend
B

We live in a point the finger, it's somebodys fault society.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

A moment of raucous cheering. That is 100% pure awesome.

For the first time since this happened, I actually got a little choked up... just realizing how very different this Sunday could have been around the league. Wow.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
It wasn't the nfl's medical staff. It was a Bills assistant athletic trainer.

And yet you need the nfl, with very little knowledge of the seriousness, to mention his condition, and good wishes????

What the hell are you even talking about? Do you even have a clue what this part of the discussion is about? This came from Goodell's office.....

The only mention of Damar at all is that "our focus will remain on Damar and his family" out of three entire paragraphs. The seriousness is that he was on life support. The seriousness was that he couldn't breathe on his own. The seriousness was he was in the ICU in critical condition.

Look, we live in world where people sue you over a cup of coffee being too hot. The NFL is ran by an attorney, Goodell. People pretending they're not smart enough to put out preemptive statements to paint themselves in a good light for the possibility of pending litigation are naive. They most certainly did. And actually that's a pretty smart move. The actual problem here is they spent the vast majority of this memo patting themselves on the back and not nearly enough on Damar. It made what they were doing far too obvious for anyone willing to look at this objectively.

At that point in time the message should have been more centered around Damar and less about patting themselves on the back.

I guess it must have flown over your head that the NFL is a combination of all 32 teams which the bills and their entire staff are a part of and that all of these medical staffs act according to the protocols set by the NFL.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

It's great to hear the news he is off of the ventilator. The two things I was most concerned about was how long was oxygen cut off to the brain when his heart stopped. That was cleared up yesterday when he began to communicate in writing and make responses to his family and doctors showing his brain functions seemed in tact. The next biggest concern to me was if his lungs would get good enough for him to be taken off the ventilator. Today answered that question. I'm sure he still has a long road to recovery but in my limited knowledge of medical issues, I think the biggest hurdles have been crossed.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The NFL outta make a huge, huge donation to hid charity, and should make sure that every stadium and team facility has a defibulator and a ventilator.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Do You think there was an NFL stadium that didn't already have multiple I0+ defibrilaters? I don't.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
THROW LONG #1998065 01/07/23 07:43 PM
Legend
Legend
You would think they would ..... but in all the time he lay on the field, I don't think I saw one nearby.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

Last edited by jfanent; 01/08/23 08:40 PM.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Commanders 10 Other Games

Link Copied to Clipboard