Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
You don't have a clue about reading defenses. You are pulling things out of your behind because you are mad the Browns moved on from Baker.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
You don't have a clue about reading defenses. You are pulling things out of your behind because you are mad the Browns moved on from Baker.

Where did I claim that I believed Watson cannot read a defense? You are the only poster on here who pulls Baker thoughts out of his own behind.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Geesh the same old same old...smh

I again happen to believe Baker was good enough to win a championship with...but the key to us doing so is through the D not the O. I said that all along. When Brisset played I said that, When Baker played injured I said that. When Watson played I said that.

Rust: We all expected it after all he didn't play for 2 seasons. Watson's body should have been in pristine condition. His throwing arm and technique was not in too much rust. What has surprised me because I was told how good he was but the part that I totally got to see was unexpected as Watsons pre snap reads were not good, He didn't go through progressions as promised. He didn't sit in the pocket and hitch up out of danger he basically would just take off, run around and get sacked. But the kicker is the trade that I claim to be bad...Not Watson as I don't think we are seeing the finished product yet.

Fact: It is a tough mountain to climb on losing out on 3 years of first round picks.

Last year at # 13 we could have had Jordan Davis for our Defense - A DT (hmmm could we have used one?) at 340 who played for the NCAA Champions Bulldogs and ran a 4.78 40 which is just unheard of and a once in a decade talent that would benefit playing along side Garrett. Or if that was not your flavor we could have picked Jahan Dotson an amazing WR prospect that would have went well along side Cooper and DPJ.

This year at # 10 We could have Bryan Bresee DT or Paris Johnson OT - just a quick look at the 2023 draft.

The trade is why Kevin Stefanski will not be considered to get fired this year. He is a terrible HC, Oh right he won HC of the year in a year that there was not much coaching because of Covid and his ONE GAME OF FAME winning a Playoff game for our Browns...oh wait he could not coach that game cause of Covid. But his glaring weaknesses popped up in all our losses - His desire to pass, pass, and pass so that for example in our last game. The best player on O (not Watson) is Chubb. He ran 12 times for 77 yds a fantastic 6.5 yds per carry. But Stef is closely linked to Watson. We fear the only thing that can make this trade worse that what it is would be to lose Watson after his 5 year contract is up.

When the trade was made I looked at Watson and his incredible stats in 2020 what really bothered me was after having those stats the teams record was 4-12 terrible just terrible I think it was 4-10 under Watson as he might have missed 2 games??? that bothered me a lot.

Well I tried to tell all this was not a Watson vs. Mayfield thread but some just cant let it go. This was about THE TRADE which had Watson involved and his play is in question as it must be not good but GREAT to start justifying this Trade. Have a happy New year everyone and who will you be rooting for in the playoffs? KC? Bills? Cowboys? Hey at least we got the draft to look forward to...OH WAIT no we don't.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's kind of hard not to compare the two when you start off w/saying you think Baker was good enough to win the championship with and then proceed to trash Watson. Please answer this, tab.

If Baker was "good enough" why didn't any teams want to trade for him until we had to agree w/Carolina to pay a large part of his contract? Why did the Browns want to move on from him in the first place. Why did only one team claim him off of waivers? Why is ranked at the bottom of the qb rankings while being healthy?

Why were multiple team willing to sell the farm for Watson if he isn't all that? Why did he receive such a large contract if he isn't very good?

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 01/10/23 12:32 PM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
This worst trade ever link became a Baker vs Watson...and the trades to make that happen....OK.

Chubb might be best O player, but PLEASE don't forget he got STUFFED multiple times- as stated before, we must pass and run to do either well. It IS a passing league. Watson, minus the rust, is FAR superior to the best of Baker. There is a reason Baker has BOUNCED from team to team....he may, but probably won't EVER start in the league as THE MAN for any other team. Time will tell.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I said what I said because I wanted to clarify my true beliefs which does eliminate the desperation in deciding to make a "BAD" Trade.

But you are so intent maybe by others who wish to debate you on this subject. Instead of reading and understanding someone's opinion you totally missed the key statement which was not that I believed we could win with Baker (A healthy Baker) you bring up Panthers which is not relevant as he was still recovering from surgery. But I look at Baker who prior to getting injured in 2021 had the 3rd highest Completion % in the history of the NFL in their first two games of a season. Anywho...you sucked me in lol laugh I just was being very honest but you instead wish to bring on the debate as that is important to you throughout...your hatred for Baker. You know what is funny Vers. In your hatred for Baker you lambasted him for a LACK OF CHARACTER cause on his 21st birthday he got stinking drunk and attempted to run away from campus police...You told us how his Character was bad.

Me my dislike for Watson is not in his QB play but for the fact that 60+ women made a complaint about his sexual predator conduct and 24 took him to court on it. And you sit there claiming Baker had bad character and now Character does not have a play in this.
But for me it had a big play. We committed a fully guaranteed contract on a QB with terrible character the worst by any Browns player and probably the only one worst in the history of the NFL was Hernandez the murdering TE.

Sop take your debate with the Baker boys. ANSWER this, how can you back a QB with a low life character such as Watson. I am ashamed to be a Browns fan but I was convinced to root for the Browns not the QB which I did so.

But this thread is not remotely involved with me trying to prove that Baker could have or have not taken us to a Championship. He was one play away with a SB challenge in 2020. A Defense to be invessted in and become one of top 3 in the NFL I thought would get us there. But you go ahead and keep on beating that dead horse. I stated that I thought Watson would improve on his play but would not be that Mahomes, Brees, Brady difference maker, it would be the D same as with Baker.

Even out of desperation its a bad trade on the character issue alone.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Baker will never sit down as a backup in the NFL. He’s proven that twice, asking for a trade here and asking to be released from the Panthers. Maybe he’s learned from his mistakes, maybe not.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V
We disagree on some things, but I respect your opinion. I will only add that I can support Watson because he was never even tried in a court of law, nevermind found guilty. I am not omniscient. I have no idea what is the truth and what is not the truth. I am not asking you to agree w/me about that, but I don't really want to get into that here because it's not "Pure Football."

Anyways, I continue to pray for you and I truly wish you the best in your continued health issues.

1 member likes this: eotab
Legend
Legend
We committed a fully guaranteed contract on a QB with terrible character the worst by any Browns player and probably the only one worst in the history of the NFL was Hernandez the murdering TE.

I’d say it’s a toss up between Watson and Big Ben. Difference being the penalty handed out to DW was twice as much. BTW, Jim Brown’s character wasn’t spotless. Lot’s of bad hombres go through the NFL. Most straighten themselves out. A few don’t.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
We committed a fully guaranteed contract on a QB with terrible character the worst by any Browns player and probably the only one worst in the history of the NFL was Hernandez the murdering TE.

Ray Carruth, Michael Vick, Ben R and Pacman Jones agree. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I will only add that I can support Watson because he was never even tried in a court of law, nevermind found guilty. I am not omniscient. I have no idea what is the truth and what is not the truth. I am not asking you to agree w/me about that, but I don't really want to get into that here because it's not "Pure Football."

Which is a very odd thing for you to be saying..... now.

You see, before the hearing entrusted to Judge Sue Robinson, we both claimed we would honor her decision. But you seem be confused about what that means or have decided to accept the part you choose to accept and dismiss the rest. Because the punishment phase of her ruling is based on her findings. Without finding what and if someone did something wrong, there is no punishment. The punishment is nothing more than the end result of the findings which is actually what the decision made is solely based on.

I kept my word and accepted her findings as I said I would. In their entirety. You on the other hand have chosen to pick and choose which part of her decision to accept and which part to cast aspersions on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I will only add that I can support Watson because he was never even tried in a court of law, nevermind found guilty. I am not omniscient. I have no idea what is the truth and what is not the truth. I am not asking you to agree w/me about that, but I don't really want to get into that here because it's not "Pure Football."

You see, before the hearing entrusted to Judge Sue Robinson, we both claimed we would honor her decision. But you seem be confused about what that means or have decided to accept the part you choose to accept and dismiss the rest. Because the punishment phase of her ruling is based on her findings. Without finding what and if someone did something wrong, there is no punishment. The punishment is nothing more than the end result of the findings which is actually what the decision made is solely based on.

I kept my word and accepted her findings as I said I would. In their entirety. You on the other hand have chosen to pick and choose which part of her decision to accept and which part to cast aspersions on.

If you choose to accept her finding, then he has now fulfilled his punishment and there should be a forgiveness stage. That was not the law of the land trial so to speak. That was a ruling that stated in the NFL's eyes did he commit conduct detrimental to the league. In the law of the country, we live in he was never found guilty because they did not find enough evidence to prosecute. Now he seems to have been tried and convicted in the jury of public opinion but not in a jury of his peers. There is a difference. As far as the NFL goes, he has now doe his time and we should all move on.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Forgiveness is earned not given. I have heard nothing from watson asking for forgiveness or an apology. Talk to me after that happens about forgiveness. I'm simply pointing out who made the claim they would accept her decision and who is and is not honoring their word in that regard. You can spin her ruling any way you like, But she described exactly what she found him having done. After which she concluded those actions broke the NFL personal conduct policy. Like I said, some people like to include the parts they want to and ignore the rest.

Nobody is trying to convince you to accept her ruling. There were simply some on this board who said they would. I know both myself and Vers were.

People are entitled to believe what they want to believe. I chose to believe an experienced judge who actually heard all of the evidence. That too is my choice.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Pit likes to speak for other people and their intentions because he likes to fight. I did accept Sue Robinson's ruling, which was six games. However, trying to imply that Sue Robinson was the judge in a court of law in this case is an outright lie. The ruling was in regards to whether or not Watson violated the NFL's Personal Conduct Code. It did not go on Watson's legal record. He is not on file as a sexual predator. He did not serve jail time. He never even went to a legal trial in an actual court of law. There are just a few guys that try to make this something it is not and Pit is typically at the center of such things.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't make any claim she was a judge in a court of law in this case. I claimed you said you would accept her decision when in fact you only accept the punishment. There is no punishment without ruling on the facts of the case. I'm sorry you wish to blame me for something you chose to do which was to choose the accept the punishment while rejecting everything else. That's not what you said you would do but the decision didn't work the way you wanted it to. So you decided to accept the punishment but not what he was actually punished for. That's not my issue. You can stoplying by making the claim I tried to say, or even imply this was a court of law.

We both knew and know it wasn't a court of and and nothing I have said here in any way implies that. But we both agreed to accept her decision, not just the part of it we agreed with. I did and you didn't.

None of your lies or temper tantrums will change any of that.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have said I accepted her decision dozens of time. You just want to fight so you run around me making up things that are false.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Just to throw a wrench into this, the NFL chose not to except her ruling, would that not make her ruling null and void?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The punishment phase is not the decision. This isn't complicated. The punishment phase is only the end of the process. There is no punishment without the finding of what someone is being punished for and the conduct that is the reasoning for the punishment. I understand how your desire to deny that requires you to blame someone else for pointing it out, claiming that's their fault because they want to fight and acting as though it isn't true. That's a you issue.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, the NFL sure as hell did not accept her ruling. Also, Pit and others did not accept her initial ruling and wanted the punishment increased.

For the record........I said I would accept her ruling and have done so. However, that is in terms of his punishment w/the NFL. Legally speaking, I would not accept any ruling that was not done in a court of law. I believe in our system. It has flaws, but it's the best we have. It sure beats witch hunts. And here is the kicker that no one has bothered to explore because they want to win an argument. Had Sue Robinson ruled that Watson deserved no punishment and did not come close to doing anything wrong......I would have not said that proves Watson's innocence.

Truth is that I have no idea what the truth is or isn't. He might be innocent. He might be guilty. I don't know and will not judge his innocence or guilt if it hasn't been proven in a court of law.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not wanting to fight? LMAO..........You come on here every single day and rarely do you have an original thought. Instead, you attack the opinions of other posters as if you are some sort of judge on what is right and not. It screams of a miserable person w/a fragile ego. Constantly belittling others to prove how great you are. We would all be better off if you just posed your opinions on the matter instead of belittling multiple posters day in and day out. Carry on, but I'm done w/you.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Not wanting to fight? LMAO..........You come on here every single day and rarely do you have an original thought. Instead, you attack the opinions of other posters as if you are some sort of judge on what is right and not. It screams of a miserable person w/a fragile ego. Constantly belittling others to prove how great you are. We would all be better off if you just posed your opinions on the matter instead of belittling multiple posters day in and day out. Carry on, but I'm done w/you.

You were replying to yourself, right?

2 members like this: mgh888, WSU Willie
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, the NFL sure as hell did not accept her ruling. Also, Pit and others did not accept her initial ruling and wanted the punishment increased.

Here you have exchanged the words "her decision" with "her ruling". Even so, her ruling includes her finding of the facts. You have no punishment without the facts you have determined that you base the punishment upon. You still can't seem to comprehend that part can you?

I accepted her punishment although I didn't think it was severe enough based on the facts she stated that the punishment was based on. You know, acting in a predatory manner and egregious conduct he perpetrated on these women. By throwing out his version of events she took the word of those women over the word of watson. So she obviously didn't believe him either.

I was happy the NFL increased the suspension however. It felt far more fitting according to what Judge Sue Robinson found the facts of the case to be.

You know there used to be a poster on here who claimed he gave the counterpoints in these discussions. Then he left for a long time. Oh wait, that was you. Were you just trying to fight? You crack me up.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Just to throw a wrench into this, the NFL chose not to except her ruling, would that not make her ruling null and void?

They accepted her ruling but didn't accept the eventual punishment, which she herself said was not enough; however, NFL precedent dictated it. As far as I know, the entire football world accepted her ruling, including her use of the word predator. The only people I see denying that have some DW fetish where star QBs can assault women, and it doesn't count.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/11/23 12:20 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Who are those people? I haven't seen anyone post anything of the sort on here.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Talking heads' reactions when the report came out.

B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

Are we back on this again?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M

This is really even more simple than the rest of your post(s).... there is one person who has listened and adjudicated over al the evidence. That person is a highly respected former judge. She heard the case against Watson, not in a court of law but as an independent arbitrator. She literally lambasted Watson in her ruling and tore him a new one, and she highlighted he has shown no remorse for his actions and she summarized his behavior as having exhibited predatory behavior and had committed sexual assault as defined by the NFL.

Debating the length of suspension or any other aspect of this is a deflection of the facts. One respected judged heard the evidence and came to an unambiguous decision and branding of what Watson was guilty of. End of story.

Anyone defecting from this and saying there is any doubt of what Watson is most probably guilty of is lying to you or lying to themselves. Period. There's no real reason to keep talking about it - but here we are with folks sort of trying to debate the definition of the word "is" as a means to deflect.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/11/23 04:06 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mgh888

This is really even more simple than the rest of your post(s).... there is one person who has listened and adjudicated over al the evidence. That person is a highly respected former judge. She heard the case against Watson, not in a court of law but as an independent arbitrator. She literally lambasted Watson in her ruling and tore him a new one, and she highlighted he has shown no remorse for his actions and she summarized his behavior as having exhibited predatory behavior and had committed sexual assault as defined by the NFL.

Debating the length of suspension or any other aspect of this is a deflection of the facts. One respected judged heard the evidence and came to an unambiguous decision and branding of what Watson was guilty of. End of story.

Anyone defecting from this and saying there is any doubt of what Watson is most probably guilty of is lying to you or lying to themselves. Period. There's no real reason to keep talking about it - but here we are with folks sort of trying to debate the definition of the word "is" as a means to deflect.

Can't get any clearer than that - Thanks 888

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
JC

Yes, they won't stop. Same few people over and over and over again.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC

That is like the pot calling the kettle black tenfold!

O
Legend
Legend
O
The funny thing is, for most of us 'Baker Boys', we've moved on and are just trying to have honest discussions about our concerns. But if you say anything remotely negative or question DW's greatness, then you can expect Vers to rush to his defense and attack you, demean you, or talk about you in the third party as if he is not directing what he is saying at you. Maybe next year we can all start on the same page. But it's beginning to look like things will be this way for a few years.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
The funny thing is, for most of us 'Baker Boys', we've moved on and are just trying to have honest discussions about our concerns. But if you say anything remotely negative or question DW's greatness, then you can expect Vers to rush to his defense and attack you, demean you, or talk about you in the third party as if he is not directing what he is saying at you. Maybe next year we can all start on the same page. But it's beginning to look like things will be this way for a few years.

Yep, it's a fan forum where each person is supposed to be able to post opinions about the Cleveland Browns. Of course, that opinion better fall within the guidelines of the chosen one or you can expect attacks, and just plain nastiness, The funny part is if your opinion happens to contain undisputable facts, you can expect to be threatened to be blocked. Works out well most of the time because you can then move on to another topic without being immediately attacked unless you get a group agreeing with your post then it's like waking up a hibernating angry bear.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It's not just legit criticism of DW - I've seen legit criticism of Stefanski similarly dismissed and the name calling and "Baker Boys" deflection similarly used.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/12/23 09:18 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Hate getting sucked into this but here goes.

Watson not being tried on this so therefore I think he is innocent until proven guilty.
1. something like 95% of these cases NEVER GO TO TRIAL. It is embarrassing and emotionally damaging to the victims so they almost always take the settlement.
2. The shear numbers of cases sort of tells all to me - its common sense. Also the settlements are very similar to a plea deal in reality. Somebody who has One case and none before or after just like a plea deal I can give plaintiff the benefit of the doubt....but 24 that spells repeat offender to me. jmho that is my opinion and I gave my reasoning behind that opinion.

It is just part of why this trade is one of the worst in our history. We've had so many drafts and opportunities to groom a QB that it smells of INCOMPETENCE on the part of our coaches and organization. So instead of fixing it (Incompetence of our owners) we have decided to sell our Character out to the devil.

I see a very talented player making the entire offense about him and breaking off the play and run around to get a pass off hardly ever throwing it away so that if not completed if ends up a LOSS putting us in definite passing situations. competion % and yardage will be nice - once the rust comes off the INTs will come down I'm sure. But will we win...cause now we won't have the run game. Actually we are forcing ourselves to get rid of Chubb - might as well cause if we don't use him hey get a draft pick - he is one of the few RBs that could get us a good pick in return. Chubb has one game at 3.8 yds per carry and it is said his game is falling off but we have to remember we have gone away from the "TEAM COMMITMENT" TO RUN the ball! We are without a doubt a PASSING TEAM NOW.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
tab, I did not want to answer your earlier question because I knew the board bullies would come out w/more personal attacks, but I did reply to you because you asked respectfully and I've been worried about you. However, I am going to bow out of this conversation due to the aforementioned posters who want to fight and demean others. You can PM me if you like and we can talk.

P
Legend
Legend
P
JC

Yet you made a comment about it before I did. Funny how all you have is deflection for the very same thing you did. You helped open the door and I responded. At least be honest about it this time.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
tab, I did not want to answer your earlier question because I knew the board bullies would come out w/more personal attacks, but I did reply to you because you asked respectfully and I've been worried about you. However, I am going to bow out of this conversation due to the aforementioned posters who want to fight and demean others. You can PM me if you like and we can talk.

Oh the irony!

rofl

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The worst trade ever? Not even close to Paul Warfield to Miami for a #1 pick, which we used on Mike Phipps, who did ok we did make the playoffs with him, but he was average at best while Warfields bust is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Now that's a trade no one has ever forgotten ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
The worst trade ever? Not even close to Paul Warfield to Miami for a #1 pick, which we used on Mike Phipps, who did ok we did make the playoffs with him, but he was average at best while Warfields bust is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Now that's a trade no one has ever forgotten ...

True enough.

But future trades with Phipps ended up netting us Newsome.

Strange how things go.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Worst trade ever...

Link Copied to Clipboard