Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
The answer to many of those is Jacoby Brissett was the starting QB for 11 games. It amazes me how people forget this on a myriad of topics re: the Browns.

And as a result, the Browns had a top 10 offense. Brissett far exceeded the expectations and produced an offense that was ranked top 10. So I have no idea what point him being the starter is supposed to make in hind sight. With a top 10 offense the Browns amassed a record of 4-7.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
During the playoffs last year, I came to the realization that the Browns were toast w/Baker at qb because the AFC was loaded w/young, stud QBs.

And who is it you're going to blame for bringing up Baker this time? Who is it you're going to accuse of not being able to get Baker out their brain this time? Everyone knows who that really is. It's you.

Not only that but he judged Baker in a year where he was injured and unable to carry the team on his back. The year before is something he won't even bring up.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not to be mean, but what the hell does that have to do with anything? The 49ers used 3 different QB's this season and passed for over 400 more yards than the Browns. Miami used 3 different QB's this season and passed for 1,067 yards more than the Browns. IMHO, that has been and continues to be the issue with the Cleveland Browns, there's always an excuse - every year, every decade, and every game. In Stefanski's 4 years (1 OC and 3 HC), he has never had a team pass for more than 3,540 yards in a season - NEVER. The offense hasn't been set up to have an elite passing team and I think it's highly questionable that it will be set up for that next year either.

After the Browns made the trade for Watson last year, the Browns had no idea how long Watson would be suspended or if he even would be suspended. Truthfully, do you believe the Browns made a concerted effort through trades, FA, and the draft in 2022 to build an elite passing offense for their newly acquired top 5 elite QB? So, after wasting that opportunity in year one of your top 5 elite QB's 230M guaranteed contract, are you 100% confident that the Browns will make the necessary moves to ensure that they become an elite top 5 passing team led by a top 5 elite QB and be in the playoffs as all top 5 teams did this year? If not, then the Browns are not using their top 5 elite QB and losing their return on investment making this "the worst trade ever."

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
My post was about Watson and the team's future. Pit was starting a fight and of course, you fell for it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not going to get into all of that. You see I'm not against them moving on from Baker. The way they went about it I thought was a little shady, but that's the way business goes. Baker had some skills that he was strong at. I think Stefnaski relied heavily on that alone in his first season here and the results were great. But the problem with Baker for me is you can't win the grand prize with a one trick pony.

The things Baker was actually good at were very limited. And as we saw, you can squeak into the playoffs that way. At least one time. But soon defenses will figure out just how limited your O is with a one trick pony. Stefnaski can't open up his playbook and run his entire system, not even close to that with a one trick pony. You see, the expectations for a young QB is that as time goes on he will make progress. He will grow and expand as a QB. His skill set and abilities will expand. I never saw that in Baker.

Where the problem is IMO is people trying to make him out as a villain or a hero. People who at one time claimed moxie and self confidence was a great thing now use that as a weapon to attack him. His supporters pretending or acting like Baker was some well rounded QB when he clearly wasn't. As is usually the case the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
During the playoffs last year, I came to the realization that the Browns were toast w/Baker at qb because the AFC was loaded w/young, stud QBs.

Yep, when this is your opening salvo it's quite clear what it was about. None of this was necessary to make the point you claim your emphasis was on. But you made sure to include it. That's you're right but don't expect anyone to believe you when you lie about it.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You don't have the authority to dictate on what was necessary or not. You are just a miserable old man looking to fight.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe, you stole someone elses line. How original you are. I know what wasn't necessary. That wasn't necessary and you know it. And as I said before, it's your right to toss Baker into the mix when claiming it's only to discuss watson. That doesn't make me miserable. It means you attack anyone that questions you. Just so we're clear, nobody has to bring up Baker to show watson gives the Browns a better chance to win in the AFC North. You chose even though you didn't need to. At least man up and own it.

What's really sad in all of this is that you think that my posting the way I do on this board makes me miserable. That's hilarious. This is just a football message board. It isn't life. Lighten up Francis. I mean if what you post or what other people post determines whether your life is miserable it's you that has a problem. This is a pastime for me. It's not high on my priority list.

And allow me to show just how fragile people such as yourself and Peen are. Yesterday I pointed out that an 8-9 season and a 7-10 season were mediocre. I pointed out that each season since Stanfsnski got here his W/L record had gotten worse. Both totally accurate and true statements. You and Peen lost your ever loving minds over it. Peen called me a troll for posting it and you jumped on the bandwagon as if I actually give a damn. What you may wish to consider moving forward it that your incessant outrage acts to fuel me more than dissuade me. But you do you.

As I said then and I'll say now, would you like a mirror for your birthday?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As I said then and I'll say now, would you like a mirror for your birthday?

Because you have an unused one to give away?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it. You're getting very weak. did Vers hire you attorney Frank?

rofl

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, that's it. You're getting very weak. did Vers hire you attorney Frank?

rofl

No, I don't gang up w/others to pick on another poster.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Neither has anyone else on this board.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
You see, the difference is I don't value my self importance high enough to concoct a conspiracy theory that some gang is working together and is out to get me. That sounds like some very narcissistic behavior.

#gmstrong
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Worst trade ever...

Link Copied to Clipboard