Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2004549 02/20/23 12:18 AM
jaybird Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Currently my two favorite vacation spots are either my cabin in Wears Valley which is in the heart of the smokey mountains or staying at my aunt's house in the middle of Maine... both offer amazing Mountain views... are secluded... and there's a lot of hiking/swimming/boating....

Also, love the beach... favorite beach current is in Destin/Mirimar area.... also love Denver...

Some places I'd like to visit... I want to go to Alaska, Hawaii, and Southern California...

Where are your favorite vacation spots?!?!

My next big vacation is taking the boys to Disney World for the first time... I've been probably a dozen times, but we're going as. family for the first time in Nov

<><

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
As a kid: Cedar Point (of course) - that's when they still had the Wildcat for kids.

When I was younger than I am now: Long Boat Key in Florida .

More recently: Palm Desert with my lady friend.

One where I know I can't get back to: Victoria, BC (stayed at Abigail's Hotel - nice folks).

A place where I'd like to vacation but never will: Benirras in Ibiza.

Last edited by AZBrown; 02/20/23 09:06 AM.
Legend
Legend
I love the National Parks.

Especially out West.

Zion is amazing. Yosemite, I lived nearby and have been there many times. Yellowstone, Arches, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Death Valley.

Grand Tetons outside Jackson Hole is like a painting.

Alaska, I have been there five times breathtaking.

I love the Rockies from Sante Fe all the way North.

I have plans to go to Banff National Park in Canada. The pictures I have seen are magnificent.

2 members like this: jaybird, EveDawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I have a buddy with a condo on Maui I can use. He lives on Lanai so tend to go there to hang with he and his wife instead. Outside of those two places I don’t vacation in the same place twice. The planet is too vast and my time too short to go back to the same places over and over.
Vietnam is hopefully my next big trip.
This year I’ve been to the Middle East and Europe already.
If I had unlimited funds I don’t know when I’d see home again.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jaybird
Legend
Legend
Bermuda tops the list for me because it will always be my other home after being stationed there years ago.
The Myrtle Beach area will always be a close second because the weather and everything is very similar, and Mom lives there.

I absolutely loved the Deadwood/Sturgis area of the Dakotas and would love to go back there, but while there are still a ton of things I would like to see and do in that area, I'm not sure it is a place I could return to year-after-year like the others.
I'd love to return to Europe and see much, much more of it, and if money weren't a factor, Carnival Cruises has an "Ultimate World Cruise" that is like 240+ days long and goes around the world hitting over 60 different ports.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Depends on what you want- culture, natural beauty, seclusion, group fun- here are my favs- culture- Rome- to see the buildings 2,000 years old- Vatican/St. Peter's- all marble statues that look real- food is great in Rome/Italian- natural beauty- Yosemite, Geneva, Switzerland, seclusion- upper Peninsula of Michigan- camping, hiking., group fun- Disney Cruise- unbeatable food, entertainment, many great destinations- Europe/Caribbean. Our national parks are divine- I've seen several. I'm the odd ball, I didn't like my Alaska cruise- watching ice fall into water/ dull- excisions to Denali- still way far away and most animals seen thru binoculars- Disney World Animal Kingdom much closer, but not in natural environment. I'm partial to historical spots- love London, Paris, Rome, Piza, Madrid, Munich, etc.

My wife wants to do Canadian train trip- seen some of Canada and it was great- and cheaper than many of the above- go see World.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Yellowstone without a doubt. A photographer's dream.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love hearing about people’s travels. It’s almost always an interesting conversation. I am also happy you all have or in the future experienced some great places and memories. I’m kinda like
Portland, I tend to travel once or twice to the same place, then it’s on to the next adventure.

Alaska was nice, I love it here in Hawaii. Vietnam was a favorite of mine.I was in Guam about a month ago. Beautiful place, but very small island. I leave tomorrow for Japan, then over to Thailand for a month. Some work related, some vacation. I’m looking forward to seeing the country. Malaysia will be towards the end of the year. It should be a fun year…really, it’s been a fun year already.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yellowstone is amazing. I took this photo of Mt Moran 20+ years ago. The place is crazy pretty anywhere you point a camera.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jfanent
T
Legend
Legend
T
I wonder where in History that the concept of vacation, or retirement originated. ... East coast of Florida. Partly, for a second.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I wonder where in History that the concept of vacation, or retirement originated. ... East coast of Florida. Partly, for a second.

I think it was when the Jews asked the pharaoh for a break from working on the pyramids.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: Versatile Dog, AZBrown
Legend
Legend
One place I will go see is the Badlands.

I saw a documentary on Teddy Roosevelt. He went to the Badlands after the death of his wife. The pictures of the Badlands were something.

A landscape like from another world.

IMO Nature creates things unmatched by anything humans have done. I have seen ruins in Greece, Rome, and most of Europe.
I lived and traveled all through Guatemala. Seen the Mayan ruins in Tikal. All those places were marvels and interesting. But seeing the Grand Tetons, Zion National Park, and the Grand Canyon. They are the gems of the world. Spiritual places that move you.

Banff and the Badlands are for sure places I will see.

Legend
Legend
Outer banks is my favorite place if I want a beach/relaxed type setting

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Favorite Vacation spots

Link Copied to Clipboard