Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Did he at least get a massage..lol rolleyesdevil

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by eotab
Did he at least get a massage..lol rolleyesdevil

Haha!

It's going to be a minute before Browns fans can get indignant about ANY player's off-field transgressions

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
One of the things I liked best about our team was the lack of corporate sponsorship.
It's nice to see us return to the Original Recipe.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Yep. Let's hope it stays that way.

The First Energy rights were about 10M per year. There is ample opportunity between naming the entrances, the club sections, the suites, etc, etc... to forego the stadium naming rights.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE

The First Energy rights were about 10M per year. There is ample opportunity between naming the entrances, the club sections, the suites, etc, etc... to forego the stadium naming rights.

I believe this is wishful thinking and they will get a sponsor for the stadium sooner rather than later. Remember, this is a new stadium/renovations in the works. Every penny counts.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

I believe this is wishful thinking and they will get a sponsor for the stadium sooner rather than later. Remember, this is a new stadium/renovations in the works. Every penny counts.

You don't give up $10 million/year unless you have a plan to replace that income with even more.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's just as possible they were looking for more than 10 mil per year for the naming rights and First Energy wasn't willing to comply. I think back to Haslam's first press conference after he purchased the Browns. In that press conference he said, "It's a marketing world". NFL teams have to wait a minimum of five years to change primary uniforms and Haslam has made sure to use that minimum timeline to maximize sales in that regard.

Now don't get me wrong, I think any smart businessperson would do the same thing. The NFL after all is big business. But maximizing profits is the goal for someone with such a huge investment. That's why I would tend to lean toward Haslam finding anew stadium sponsor that's willing to pony up more cash.

What I found claims First Energy paid 6 mil. per year and there was some pressure on The Browns to drop them as a sponsor. How much that played into this is anyone's guess.................

Cleveland Browns end FirstEnergy stadium naming rights deal

The venue partnership wasn't due to expire until 2029.

The National Football League’s (NFL) Cleveland Browns have terminated their stadium naming rights partnership with FirstEnergy.
Confirmed:

Venue returns to ‘Cleveland Browns Stadium’ name
Deal wasn’t due to expire until 2029
Browns describe early end to partnership as “amicable”

Context:

FirstEnergy had served as stadium naming rights partner since 2013, in a deal worth a reported US$6 million a year. The Browns have been under pressure to cut ties with the electric services company after it admitted its role in paying bribes to Ohio lawmakers.

Comment:

“We’ve had a great association with FirstEnergy for more than two decades, and we appreciate this partnership and what it has created for our team and the broader northeast Ohio community,” said Dave Jenkins, Haslam Sports Group’s chief operating officer.

“We reached this amicable agreement that is consistent with the productive relationship we have always enjoyed, and we wish FirstEnergy success with their future initiatives.”

Coming next:

The Browns’ owners have said they are “committed” to renovating the team’s stadium in the upcoming years, which would likely pave the way for a new naming rights deal.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news...ts-deal-terminated/?zephr_sso_ott=tjdI4I

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
One last thing in regards to Myles.

He gets held more than anyone I have seen. Ref's rarely call it as well. Hard to figure why they don't call it?

I am talking about obvious holding.

He still impacts plays.

Better tackle play will help IMO.

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...A9pEbipSRmRIE6uU2eCssMwg&oe=643F1A2D

Legend
Legend

Oh, I have no doubt they will and it was 100% wishful thinking.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
You don't give up $10 million/year unless you have a plan to replace that income with even more.

I won't even get out of bed for $10M laugh

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Bro- your bedsores must hurt something awful!

1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Bro- your bedsores must hurt something awful!

It's a tough life...

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: WSU Willie, GMdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My only question would be ... what took them so long?!

[Linked Image]

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Me too...he was hurt a lot last year if I remember correctly. I like him and am surprised no one else picked him up. Maybe we were waiting on some injury rehab?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good move. He's versatile. He came in a lot when we went "Heavy" as an extra blocker. I like him better than Froholdt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

Me too...he was hurt a lot last year if I remember correctly. I like him and am surprised no one else picked him up. Maybe we were waiting on some injury rehab?

I don't know about injuries, but we do know what we are getting as far as a player goes with Dunn and we've seen him fill in acceptably at OG and OC. Harris is a OC only ... Forbes on the other hand is still an unkown commodity for the sake of a lack of opportunities and Martin is JAG imo.

[Linked Image]

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Maybe they should call Charmin, cause that’s how we’ve played for years

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Frenchy

Maybe they should call Charmin, cause that’s how we’ve played for years

I was thinking more like exlax.. You start the day thinking good things, but by the end your running for the crapper.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Don't know if this is the right thread for this. I hope the stadium renovation includes a retractable roof.

1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
It will NOT. Did enough reading to establish the fact that the weight of the unit alone makes it a near-impossibility... That possibility only exists if the current stadium is demolished, the foundation "beefed up", and a new stadium built in it's place. There is no way to retrofit the current foundation and "bones" of the current stadium to allow for a roof.

"Historians note that Cleveland Browns Stadium was built on the foundations of the 1931-built Municipal Stadium, and that foundation reportedly consisted of driving utility poles into the landfill of reclaimed lake bed. Expanding the stadium and its concourses outward will likely require additional foundations to support the weight. However, no dome or even a retractable roof is apparently being considered due to the expense and additional weight, the sources said."

Legend
Legend
Thanks for the info Fate!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Nice to see so many veterans there. Chubb's not, but no one can doubt his work ethic.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Games are won and lost in the off season preparation. This is really good news to Browns fans!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm really happy Dobbs is back with this team.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I can shrug off Chubb and Bitonio, a little surprised by Tomlinson being absent.

Nice turnout!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
AB Press Conference is going live and should be accessible here:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
J/c

I said this elsewhere, but I’m growing tired of seeing Winfrey in the press for the wrong stuff

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I had NFL Live on today. I have come to the conclusion that the people who are on there don't know a thing about the Browns.

Mina Kimes might be a nice person and all but if you look at her Wikipedia. I do not get where she is all of a sudden an expert analyst.

These shows cover the hot topics. It has become a "how can we entertain you variety show business format."

I don't think they know anymore than than the posters on the Board. They for sure don't the Browns.

They will pencil the Browns in for third or fourth place. They have no clue about how DW will play. Don't know a thing about the defense.

I mean I understand. Sure I would look at the Bengals first. But with the Lamar situation and where the Steelers are. And the questions surrounding the Browns. The North is unknown except for the Bengals.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you pretty much covered it but not so much the way you think you might have. You're correct that they don't really know much about the Browns. But then who does? It's an entire new D that none of us have ever seen before with a lot of new pieces to the puzzle. The only thing anyone has seen in terms of this offense is watson struggling for six games and if you look at Brissett's first six starts of the 2022 season compared with watson's 6 starts it would be hard to argue that Brissett didn't perform better. Is that any kind of sign for the future? No it's not. But what else would you expect others outside of Browns fans to conclude based on the evidence at hand?

Now don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean bad times are ahead for the Browns. But for most people outside the Browns fandom zone, you are who you are until you're not. And that applies to almost every team and everybody. I'm not sure how or why anyone would or should expect things to be any different than that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Honestly, I have no expectations when it comes to coverage of the NFL.

The coverage is show business.

The reality is there are so many factors at play and the talent is so evenly spread through the league that whole "prediction game" that is played on all the NFL media coverage is comical.

You play the games and see what happens.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by bonefish
I had NFL Live on today. I have come to the conclusion that the people who are on there don't know a thing about the Browns.

Mina Kimes might be a nice person and all but if you look at her Wikipedia. I do not get where she is all of a sudden an expert analyst.
after your first conclusion I was laughing in agreement.
2nd. ... "blank is a nice person and all but", rofl I love that expression

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Maybe Arm and Hammer can sponsor the stadium with their name. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V

I don't think they know anymore than than the posters on the Board. They for sure don't the Browns.

I respectfully disagree. Mina Kimes is extremely knowledgeable. She does deep dives into analytics and advanced stats. I could actually see her being a great asset to a team's FO that values analytics.

On the other hand, I think most of our posters know next to nothing about the game. I see posts regarding QB play, coaching, schemes, play calling, etc that are far beyond ignorant.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
On the other hand, I think most of our posters know next to nothing about the game. I see posts regarding QB play, coaching, schemes, play calling, etc that are far beyond ignorant.

Thank God you came back to save us all!

rofl

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard