Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
It might be, but you can olny upgrade so much in a off season.

I think that this is much more likely than the team endorsing the LBs. You can only fix so much in an off-season. My guess is that the team thought fixing the DL would have more of an impact than fixing the LBs.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Schwartz was hired to fix the defense.

Free agency came and went. The draft is now over.

The Browns made no move to sign a linebacker. The moves made were to the DL interior. First free agent Tomlinson was signed. Juan Thornhill a safety was signed and JJ3 was left to walk.

Ogbo was signed to rush the passer. Taki was signed. Hurst a DT was signed. Siaki Ika was drafted.

JJ3 missed tackles and failed to cover.

The DT play was as bad as I have ever seen in the NFL.

The conclusion is: It must have been determined that LB play was not the problem. And the DT play was so bad that linebacker play suffered along with JJ3 not living up to his contract.

I saw a play were JOK cut into a gap closing that gap and the runner moving to the next gap. JJ3 was slow to read and late to arrive. The result TD.

JJ3 talked a lot and did little backing it up.

I can not recall seeing defensive tackles sealed from a gap like i saw last year. It was painful to watch.

Centers and guards were clearing runways at the second level.

I expect this year to be a different story.

I agree ... people forget that we brought LBs' in off the street due to that room being decimated by injuries.

Does JOK need to improve his play from last season? Yes, he most definitely does ... but I am not ready to kick him to the curb for a bad year with bad play all around him ... and because of his abilities in coverage.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
I did not kick him to the curb. I said he hasn't played that well and that we need to find a role for him where he can succeed. I also never said that he doesn't have a chance to be good. Things get taken way out of context on here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I did not kick him to the curb. I said he hasn't played that well and that we need to find a role for him where he can succeed. I also never said that he doesn't have a chance to be good. Things get taken way out of context on here.

What? I was speaking of/for myself...

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL Draft 2023 4th Round Pick - Isaiah McGuire

Link Copied to Clipboard