Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
So you're saying it's the same posters on both sides? Otherwise your "muse" makes no sense.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Brandon Little

@BrandonLittleFB
#Browns are one of two teams that have a good chance at landing RB Ezekiel Elliott, per report

Don’t love that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Honestly wouldn't mind him for short yardage situations and pass pro if the money is not bad. Would fit in with the diversity of skillsets approach we've heard about at WR.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Brandon Little

@BrandonLittleFB
#Browns are one of two teams that have a good chance at landing RB Ezekiel Elliott, per report

Don’t love that

If you go to Brandon Little’s tweet it links to his Fan Sided website where he is aggregating this Zeke rumor from Sportskeeda. The Zeke rumor was started by some dude in CT named Robert Gullo who has 33 followers on Twitter and writes a blog on Sportskeed.

It’s a non-story.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Have the worst LB group in the NFL but sure let's keep adding DB's

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Cool little graphic. Of all the rookies I could see Ika replace Elliot or they might still add a veteran to the interior. Could see a lot more CBs too with Emerson subtracting Takitaki (or other LB) as well.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Brandon Little

@BrandonLittleFB

Don’t love that

If you go to Brandon Little’s tweet it links to his Fan Sided website where he is aggregating this Zeke rumor from Sportskeeda. The Zeke rumor was started by some dude in CT named Robert Gullo who has 33 followers on Twitter and writes a blog on Sportskeed.

It’s a non-story.

Yeah, I don't see much sense signing him. I suppose on a vet minimum or something like that but I'd also like to see what we have in some of these younger guys too. Namely Ford.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Zeke has been rode hard and put away wet. He has endured a lot of punishment. I don't see any upside at all in signing him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed, PFF is credible. Dawgs by Nature is not.

The article referenced was by Dawgs By Nature.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
As each day passes and more positives come out from PFF about the moves the Browns have made.

Other media outlets are starting to pick up on it. By the time camp starts and pre-season games begin. IMO The Browns will start to get this "dark horse" label.

Of course the big if will be DW. But when reports start coming out about how sharp he looks. There will be a buzz about the Browns.

I am going to be in wait and see mode because I have to see the defense. I am pretty confident about the offense.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize they were quoting PFF's rankings, correct?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I could see taking a year flyer on him... granted he had his worst year last year but still had over 800 yards and 12 TDs...

I'd prefer we look at our younger guys and see if someone can develop into a solid #2... but I can understand if why we'd take a look at Zeke...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Two PFF guys have the Browns making the playoffs and the Ravens not making it.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...rowns_to_make_playoffs/s1_16697_38824165

Interesting is that is based upon DW rating at 75.

"This is interesting because according to their grading, Jacoby Brissett graded out with a 76.3 overall grade. So if Watson can simply play as well as Brissett did last year, they should have enough to make the postseason per Monson."

My my how the world turns.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hope DW plays like he did 3 years ago but if we get 80% of what he was he'll be the best QB we've had since Bernie. That should be enough with the talent we have now for a playoff run. JMO

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I hope DW plays like he did 3 years ago but if we get 80% of what he was he'll be the best QB we've had since Bernie. That should be enough with the talent we have now for a playoff run. JMO
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

I don't know how well Watson will play, but he will play better than last year.

I can't think of any QB, at his basic age, simply losing the ability to play unless some injury impacts his ability to play, or he was a 1 year wonder QB who had that one big season, then went back to what he was before.

Watson played at a high level for 3-4 years, so age hasn't hurt him, injury hasn't hurt him, so unless he does something no other QB has, he probably hasn't forgotten how to play.

Again, I don't know if he will be the best QB in the league....lot's goes in to that, but he should be more than good enough to not only win games, but actually carry the O several times a season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
3 members like this: lampdogg, FORTBROWNFAN, Day of the Dawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
A very plausible assessment of the subject matter Ball.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree with this assessment Ballpeen!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
The only argument against Watson being a good QB for us: the fact that we never have any good thing happen for us haha

But I’d agree … he SHOULD end up being a good QB if his history proves itself

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hopefully only some of his history proves itself. I'm sure none of us want the sitting out demanding a trade part or the massage therapist part of history to repeat itself. But if people are going to talk about his history you can't pick and choose which parts to include and which parts to leave out. No wait, I guess people can because they do it all of the time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I know it sounds strange, but sometimes people just want to talk football.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They were discussing the QB and his history. I know bringing up the entirety of his history rather than selective history isn't endorsed by some. Or are you suggesting that a player sitting out and demanding a trade or being suspended doesn't impact football? You might want to ask the Texans about that. Or even Brissett having to start 11 games last season. Let me guess, that does have a huge impact on your team but that's a part of football you and others don't want to talk about.

So I guess that means that others only want to talk about football as long as it doesn't include the part of football they want to talk about.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for playing. Every word I posted is true and all you have in response is a mindless meme.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Now it could just be coincidence, but every workout tape I have seen of him in mini-camp.....Dawan is working from the LEFT side. I don't want to put too much into that. But I did find it interesting. Could just be seeing if he can be a versatile backup allowing for a roster spot for elsewhere...Plus the Browns value versatility. But it was interesting none the less.

Actually, while not the biggest fan of MKC, I liked this article. And liked his response to his first adversity.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
Interesting overview of the Browns by two PFF guys.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Watched, very positive off season grades- BUT, as others always state with truth- you are what you are when the games count--we nothing until they count. DW- he ain't what he use to be, until he is. I'm hopeful.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
T
Legend
Legend
T
Can some historian post the exact length of NFL halftimes prior to or around the year nineteen eighty three? Thanks

I'm sure it used to be more than fifteen minutes, maybe a full half hour, but was it more than a half hour.
all I can find is it switched from fifteen to twelve minutes in nineteen ninety.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Can some historian post the exact length of NFL halftimes prior to or around the year nineteen eighty three? Thanks

I'm sure it used to be more than fifteen minutes, maybe a full half hour, but was it more than a half hour.
all I can find is it switched from fifteen to twelve minutes in nineteen ninety.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I really don't think it's ever been more than 15 minutes. I've scoured the internet because the question seemed intriguing enough to do so; I see absolutely nothing to even hint that halftime was ever a different length before 1990.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Just going from memory, but for some reason I recall 20 minutes for halftime. Did not look it up though.

T
Legend
Legend
T
in the old days, it was common for a team getting blown out to turn the tables after halftime,
and I'm sure they had more time to rest than fifteen minutes
I'm thinking of nineteen eighties redskin games and raider games.
Vikings teams, it was a different game.

Legend
Legend
The NFL had 15 minute halftimes until the change to 12 minute half times. They have never been longer than 15 minutes (unless you count the superbowl)

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GMdawg
The NFL had 15 minute halftimes until the change to 12 minute half times. They have never been longer than 15 minutes (unless you count the superbowl)

It's because nobody wanted to watch some crappy HS band performing, or if it was a TV game, maybe "Up With People".

Come on, some of you remember "Up With People", lol

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Same here. It was 15 minutes before 1999 and was cut to 12 minutes until this.....

All halftimes will be 13 minutes, 30 seconds

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/all-halftimes-will-be-13-minutes-30-seconds/

After looking at several sources it seems the answer most often times vary from 12 to 13 minutes. According to this source 13 minutes is the official rule on the length of halftime....

Regular season game halftimes are 13 minutes long, as explicitly stated in the NFL's rulebook. The rules also state that the back judge times each game's halftime to ensure it's the full 13 minutes. Feb 10, 2023

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/how-long-is-nfl-halftime/

I'm at the who the hell really knows stage in all of this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yep. Lol. It's definitely ambiguous and falls into the "who the hell knows" category. I skimmed numerous sites last night and most said "twelve to fifteen minutes". Didn't see the site you posted that clearly says "the rulebook states thirteen minutes" until now.

I even looked through old rulebooks to try to answer Throw's question and not a single one even mentioned halftime length. There are a bunch of sites that talk of it changing to "twelve minutes in 1990". When did it change to thirteen? I have no idea.

Here's my conclusion... There are officials outside the locker rooms telling teams to "hit the tunnel!" at twelve minutes. Sorry, that's the best I can guess. 🤣

Here's what I do know in reference to the original question: There is no evidence anywhere that halftime was ever over fifteen minutes.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Come on, some of you remember "Up With People", lol

Anytime I think of the old Up With People performances, I remember a very old Simpsons episode where a group called "Hooray for Everything" (a pretty funny parody) sang and danced to a severely censored version of "Take a Walk on the Wild Side."

Good stuff.

But, God Bless that positive-thinking group anyway.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard